What's the most scared you've ever been in a game?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

ablac:
I am yet to play a true horror game. One which actually scares. Can anyone suggest one for xbox because I cant do good PC.

condemned criminal origins.seriously you can not go wrong.

OT:i am a wuss so i never played amnesia or silent hill but I did play the bioshock demo.in the bit before you become robocop that game can be very scary.

On the third world on Demon's Souls. Those fucking gargoyles and those god damn man centipedes had me fucking baby stepping around the entire map.

Like everyone else, I would say Amnesia. I would start up the game feeling brave and thinking 'Lets do this, its only a game, non of it's real' but as soon as something creepy happened such as a noise or seeing the monster down a hallway I would then think 'That's enough for the day time to save, quit and hide under my desk for the next three hours regretting what I have done'

I'm not quite sure what this says about me, as I'm not really all that accustomed to playing "scary" games, but the Project Overlord DLC for Mass Effect 2 made me truly question what kind of game I was playing, if it was the same game at all.

Other than that, I've played a whole 8 minutes on Amnesia, so that has to give you some idea of how scary I prefer my games to be.

Bioshock, the beginning. The only thing stopping me from doing a second play through is my nerves there!

Games have never really scared me. Doom 3 freaked me out, but more in a way those youtube videos that you are told to "turn the volume REEEEEEAAALLY loud" are scary.

Amnesia sounds sick though.

minesweeper, those bombs just freak me out

The doll house in Fatal Frame 2. I had to stop playing the game at that point because it was getting to the point where if that ghost girl appeared in front of me one more time I was going to have a heart attack.

Lord of the Rings: Something. I was like, 7 or 8 at the time and at the end of the first mission you had to sneak pass those guys cloaked in black on horses (don't know what they were, never actually saw the films) and I just couldn't bring myself to try it. Looking back, it seems silly; I didn't really realise the concept of being able to go back and try again/doing it even being possible. I was young, I genuinely reacted to them like I'd die if they got me.

To this day I never did it. I think the game's been sold off now or something anyway.

It wasn't the scariest game I've played per se, but Dino Crisis really had its moments. Like at the start when you first enter the complex and you can hear the snarl/purr of a raptor coming from somewhere and then as you walk past a window...BAM! It jumps straight through and on top of you. From that moment on every time I had to go past that area I ran through like a little girl.

Fallout 3 - The Dunwich Building.

Let me tell you, horror designers can take a few lessons from that place!

The atmosphere alone creeps you right the hell out. And the lack of ambient light makes it insanely difficult to tell where enemies are in some areas.

And the whispers...don't make me remember the whispers.

If it wasn't for that Bobblehead, the Dunwich building would be a definite DO NOT FUCKING ENTER for me.

Timesplitters Future Perfect:The mission where you arrive in 1994 at a haunted mansion.
that part of the game had me paranoid like hell if you want a scary atmosphere i suggest trying that everything just gets you on edge the music the ambience the voices you hear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh-YCUBExTE

God i just can't get over how much the level scared me

Resident Evil 4 made me shit my pants. Now before you laugh at least hear me out. I was in my grandma's basement playing the game and having fun. It wasn't scary but it was intense with a nice atmosphere especially in her unfinished basement. I got to the part where you had to kill that bug nest so I was on high alert making sure I wasn't going to be pounced on by a mutant fly. I see one coming at me and I go to aim at it when I realize it's not in the game and it's flying right at me. It looked like it just jumped out of the TV. It lands on my glasses and in half a second I threw my glasses off my face and ran across the room hyperventilating. I had to spend a good five minutes to calm down so my hands would stop shaking enough to hold the controller again.

Or Persona 3's Death. The first time I heard "I have a feeling Death is near!" I just felt like I was going to die. You think in a game it wouldn't be a big deal but I did not want to die and it made me fear for my characters life, especially since I didn't know what was going to happen.

Easily piggsy from manhunt! A guy running round wearing pig suit, wielding a chainsaw and making pig noises ... while you stealth around in the dark with a bit of glass and a carrier bag (I think). The only way to kill him is to get his attention, run up to the roof and make him walk across some mesh, after doing this 3 times he falls through and you chainsaw his fingers off.

To anybody who said bioshock, are you shitting me?

Amnesia, definitely. The first time I ever encountered the water monster.

Ooogh, still a bit paranoid about going into standing water.

paislyabmj:

ablac:
I am yet to play a true horror game. One which actually scares. Can anyone suggest one for xbox because I cant do good PC.

condemned criminal origins.seriously you can not go wrong.

OT:i am a wuss so i never played amnesia or silent hill but I did play the bioshock demo.in the bit before you become robocop that game can be very scary.

I'd suggest Penumbra or Amnesia.
I know they are PC exclusive, but they don't require a *good* PC. I played them on my Macbook with no problem.

Just a suggestion.

Silent Hill 2's end run.
At the climax it's like everything's crumbling around you, and the world started to reflect it.

Silent Hill 3's possessed mirror scene.
I sat there bug-eyed, not know what was going to happen.

One of Fatal Frame's simple guy waiting for you behind the door scares.
First one probably knocked a year or two off my life.

I'm very easily scared. I'm that girl that just because the door opened suddenly in a scary movie, I scream and hide behind a friend. So any unexpected scary moment will leave me shaking.

Resident Evil 4 had some parts that literally made me wet myself and start crying. One part I remember most (because we kept having to redo it after dying at the part after) was one where we're walking along and a flaming zombie bursts out from inside a file cabinet and runs towards you.

Bioshock had some really scary parts. The one where I'm in the hospital and I'm scaring myself with the shadows and the flickering lights and the water and then I turn around and see a splicer reach out at me scared me so bad I had to walk away for my own mental health. I love the parts that make me scare myself!

And now, I'm trying to get Amnesia to work with my computer. So far, no luck, but I'm going to keep trying. I'm not going to last very long in the game, but I want to play something scary so bad.

I'm really enjoying Amnesia and have encountered 3 or 4 so far. (Apparently they're random spawns?). Most I've been so far is tense, not had a jump scare yet. Hopefully it'll get a little creepier once I fix the elevator in the castle (I'm part way there) and go down to the place leading to the inner sanctum! Still really like the lore and atmosphere of the game, very medieval and creepy.

EDIT; BTW, it FEELS medieval - I'm aware it's set in 19th century Prussia.

Silent Hill. Only game I've ever felt was scary and as a result I've avoided all the sequels as well. Though I don't like playing halfway into a series anyway. Granted it's 13 years since I played it so it might not be that scary any more, but I'm in no rush to find out.

AnarchistFish:
Lord of the Rings: Something. I was like, 7 or 8 at the time and at the end of the first mission you had to sneak pass those guys cloaked in black on horses (don't know what they were, never actually saw the films) and I just couldn't bring myself to try it. Looking back, it seems silly; I didn't really realise the concept of being able to go back and try again/doing it even being possible. I was young, I genuinely reacted to them like I'd die if they got me.

To this day I never did it. I think the game's been sold off now or something anyway.

That's the Fellowship of the Ring game and it is awesome and I agree completely with you about that bit. My friend and I would play the game to beat it a day for whatever reason and I ALWAYS had to do that bit, it sucked and I always got scared.

Didn't find Amnesia scary at all (probably due t the fact I didn't take it seriously at all, chair rushing monsters and such.). The first and only time I can actually remember being freaked out is the very first underground lab of stalker shadow of Chernobyl, awesome game that was. I don't really find games scary, movies on the other hand? Yea I'm a massive pussy when it comes to horror movies :(

The most scared I've ever been was the part in silent hill 2 where you're running from Red Pyramid down a hallway and every time you turn a corner and think you're gaining some distance when the camera angle changes he's still as close as he ever was. That's so similar to my actual nightmares its scary.

The very beginning of Dead Money in Fallout: New Vegas taught me what survival horror really meant: you, untrustworthy companions (at first, anyway...well technically at first you're alone), no weapons, no armor, no stimpaks, an environment full of poisonous gas, hundreds enemies that only die if they're cut apart, and an explosive collar that prevented you from leaving and had an annoying habit of being activated by radios and loudspeakers. Dead Money is either my second favorite or favorite expansion pack for this terrifying beginning--you honestly feel like the world is against you...because it truly is.
Other things, like how screwed up the backstory is (not to mention the four other primary characters), the freaking holograms, and this song (which has been stuck in my head for a full week now):

helped solidify the creepiness.

The final leg of the water part in Amnesia. I hated that so much.

I know alot of people say sillent hill and i'll agree they are scary games. especially the second game but for me the most scared i've ever been in a game is Fatal Frame 2. I'm sorry but a game that forces you to fight ghosts with a cammera in first person waiting for them to get right up in your face before the strangle you is fucked up.

Anytime the screen turned black and white i almost wet myself with dread and if you've played the game you'll know what i'm talking about.

also the hide and seek kids can fuck right off!!!

haveing no ammo at the stalker part in deadspace2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaILqRgR1oI

I am a massive giant coward.
So EVERY game that has the word "Horror" in it.

I know I'll be laughed off the site for this, but the opening bit of Bioshock 1 takes the cake for me. That mysterious tower, the door that shuts behind you... then being in that big entry room, knowing that the splicer is loose somewhere in the shadows of the same room, but not knowing where... *shiver*

Also, the early parts of the Marine campaign in AVP (2010) were pretty scary...

two answers, Minecraft, and Monster Bash on DOS

I was walking along on peaceful mode in minecraft while wearing headphones when my brother sneaked up behind me and hissed like a creeper, in one second my mind did this "OH SHIT A CREEPER! Wait, I'm on peaceful. Dammit!" *hits brother* Before I remembered I was on peaceful, that brief second was scary as hell.

This really old game called Monster Bash is about a boy in pajammas fighting the horrors of the night with a slingshot. There are these snake heads that pop out of the background to bite you, and they're marked with glowing red eyes. At about 6-7 that REALLY scared me.

i do not get easily scared.

on one side, jump scares do not scare me at all and on the other side when i feel uncomfortable or driven in a corner i turn this fear into rage.
sometimes it gets the job done, sometimes i look at a loading screen.

i still need to play amnesia, though.

Thief is terrifying for me.

Here's what might seem weird; The Emperor's New Groove game (When I was like 9 or something) A big spider suddenly dangled down right in front of me, scaring the ever-loving shit out of me.

Thanks, Disney, you gave me a slight case of arachnophobia.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked