Who would drink who under the table in a drinking contest?
John Marston
66.1% (41)
66.1% (41)
Commander Shepard
33.9% (21)
33.9% (21)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: DRINKING CONTEST!!! John Marston (Red Dead Redemption) vs. Commander Shepard (Mass Effect)

Soooooo, just because I think that this would be one hell of a sight to behold, say that John Marston and Commander Shepard met at a bar somewhere. Marston and Shepard are now doing shots trying to drink the other under the table. Who do you think would win? You decide!!

As much as I wanted to vote for Commander Shepard... I have to say John Marston would probably win. Being one of those wild-westy-types, it would be reasonable to assume that he would have more experience in drinking contests.

I remember Mr. Marston (feel free to read that in Bonnie MacFarlane's voice) getting drunk rather quickly. Shepard took a few more, and some of those were made for Krogan.

Commander Shepard drinks batarian ale through a curvy straw. /argument

DustyDrB:
I remember Mr. Marston (feel free to read that in Bonnie MacFarlane's voice)

Damn I was reading that normally then I started reading everything in her voice, damn yoooouu.

OT: I'd like to see John Marston drink Krogan liquor....... also, isnt the Escapist against versus threads?

GethBall:

DustyDrB:
I remember Mr. Marston (feel free to read that in Bonnie MacFarlane's voice)

Damn I was reading that normally then I started reading everything in her voice, damn yoooouu.

OT: I'd like to see John Marston drink Krogan liquor....... also, isnt the Escapist against versus threads?

I did not know that. I just thought it would be funny to see the replies to some of these.

Well, Mr Marston never passes out, no matter how much he drinks. He just flops around on the ground watching nearby hookers get stabbed.

Shepard is out like a light after seven drinks. However, one of those drinks was made for a species of hulking 800 lb battle beasts.

It took Ryncol to put Shepard down. What's the worst Marston's drunk, some really strong whiskey?

Is this exotic drinks or just good 'ol alchy-hol?

Marston is going to curb stomp Shepard on any earthly types of alcoholic beverage.

If we are going on speed drinking or actual games I think Marston will win because he has more experience probably. But Shepard would be able to drink way more. The guy is bigger than Marston and being in the future and all while experiencing crazy alien drinks, has probably built up quite the tolerance.
I'll bet Shepard could do the centurion with double shots of hard liquor easily.

Considering that John could down, like, ten shots of good ol' wild west alcohol (before all the regulations and government health department interference that just got in the way of men's drinks) and only stumble around for a minute or two I'd say Marston by far.

Shepherd's got duties of diplomacy and being a captain in a future that probably has things like toned-down synthetic alcohol and those afforementioned regulations, John Marston just has to shoot people and ride horses in a world where the midori and lemonade does not exist.

I go for Geralt from The Witcher. The amount of drinking games I had in The Witcher was astounding.

Shepard, to parphrase MoS
"You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard, but you'll never out drink Commander Shepard!"

If you cannot shoot a silver dollar out of the air at 20 yards with a single pistol shot AFTER four shots of straight whiskey you are not eligible to be in the wild west.

John Marston is in the Wild West, erego, he can. Shep isn't, therefore, cannot.

Shepard passes out after about 3 drinks, my money's on Marston.

Gotta be Marsdon. In the Mass Effect universe Health and Safty laws in in effect and all alcohol is required to include an detox agent. However Shepard could potentially handle some nasty shit. You ever tried kissing am Asari? They might look hot but they taste like shoe polish. Going down on one is like going down on a leather couch.

Replace Marston with Adam Jensen from Deus Ex: HR and THEN we have a drinking contest worth watching.
Sure enough, Marston could probably pull his own weight thanks to all that ol' westy boozing but with Jensen we'd have a true battle of the enhanced livers!

Ow. Shepard has enough space-magic technobabble to survive drinking poison that can kill an ordinary human in seconds.

But Marston's probably had more hands-on experience with straight up Old-West alcoholic beverages.

Pre-Lazarus, Shep's down. Post-Lazarus, Shep's got all the fancy cheating cybernetic things and just doesn't die.

.. Not sure, this topic makes me ponder more then I usually do haha.

I'll have to go with Shepard. He's able to handle drinks that would burn through people's stomachs since it's meant for other species such as the Krogan and so forth. However, Marston can manhandle all the whiskey and still resist passing out.

In order to make this fair, you'd need them both to play COD with or against each other and they'll have to take a drink every time a kid swears on the mic.

the true question is.. who would win worst drunken dancing afterwards

I thought it would have been Marston. After all, shephard's in the future, drinking fancy alien stuff probably done to even more big brother-ish health restrictions than now. Marston drinks shots of straight whisky.

Then again, marston loses any and all usefulness of bodily functions after a few shots. Shephard can probably take more, even if the government ordered that all drinks must have less than the alcoholic content of WKD.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked