THE Game That Defined Your Childhood

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Definitely Star wars : Jedi power battles, lots of good memories with my brother from that game

Probably Doom, and doom 2. errm but something else like worms or hogs of war.

Call of Duty 1/ Battlefield 1942/ Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

I played the absolute shit out of all 3 of those, so I can't really pick between them. Sort of ironic considering how I despise every CoD game after World at War (4 is still my favorite game of all time), and Medal of Honor has dropped off the face of the Earth. I still love Battlefield though.

Final Fantasy VII
*equips flameshield*

its the game that got me really into gaming and also was my first JRPG. I love Final fantasy because of this game.

Megaman X4
Man, that takes me back

Crash Bandicoot.
Rayman
Spyro
Sonic Heroes.

And Toy Commander. Damn was that game awesome.

Sonic 2 without a doubt. It was my first ever game. I was 5 or 6 and I constantly replayed it. I was given a Megadrive and SNES and few games for each from friends of the family, and thats what started off my love for games that continues to burn to this day, across consoles and PC's.

It doesn't matter what medium you play games through, all that matters are the games themselves.

Grand Theft Auto 2 for the PS1! :D

Now gimme your car >:(

Shoggoth2588:
The Super Nintendo. Cop out you say? "BULLSHIT" I reply! The Super Nintendo is the physical incarnation of my childhood...

Heck YES!

Seriously, there's nothing more sublime in gaming than the SNES. Chrono Trigger is my personal favourite, but the whole system is simply amazing, with an untouchable library. Never before or after has a system had a library of such impeccable games.

ChupathingyX:
The Crash Bandicoot and Spyro games on PS1, equally.

Spyro the Motherfucking Dragon. Also, Medievil. And Metal Gear Solid.

CRASH. BANDICOOT. Oh God, the memories. I'm thinking of going back to them (mostly 2) after watching some gameplay footage on youtube recently. I'd say the runners-up would have to be Spyro the Dragon, Ocarina of Time, Croc, or Ape Escape.

Age of empire II: Age of kings. Best RTS made.

DOOM, Commander Keen, F/A-18 Hornet and Myst/Riven. Those were the 90's I grew up in. My love of FPS comes from DOOM, classic games and platformers from Commander Keen, beautiful aesthetics from Myst. My BF3 jet skills from F/A-18 Hornet. I owe all my love for gaming to these games.

I got two games that I remember very fondly.
Spyro: Year of the Dragon and Empire Earth
Best part is I can still have a bunch of fun playing them

I really couldn't say. Might've been Frogger (1997). Might've been Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: Action Game. Might've been Break-Out, Pac-Man: Adventures in Time, Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge, Toy Story 2: Action Game or Roller Coaster Tycoon. I'm very varied. I can't sum up something this vast for me into one entity. It's just too complicated to be done that simply.

i have to choose just one??
well Sonic 2. the first game i ever beat in my life. age 7.
i still have a laugh when my friends now at age 22 can't beat it.
Honorary mention to Pokemon Red

The Artificially Prolonged:
I used to play NHL solely for the fights which at that age I found hilarious.

I loved the fights in that game. i used to play it constantly. also, props for your avatar

Sonic the Hedgehog got me into gaming as a wee lad, but I tend to associate The Lion King (on ze Sega Genesis) more than anything else. It was the first game I ever beat and will forever have its place in my heart.

This.

Spyro the dragon 1,2 and 3. God I loved those games.

Well theres all the usuals (sonic, rayman, pokemon, zelda) but the game which probably got me well and truly got me into gaming would be final fantasy 8, and then 7, 9, and even later on 10 and 11.

Hard to say, but there is one thing I will ALWAYS have the fondest memories from.

Hexen: Beyond heretic. Coop with my best friend, me a mage, he a warrior...Manowar on the stereo...best times of my life.

We never found our Cleric :\

Earliest? yoshi's Island.

Otherwise, Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage.

Pokemon Blue and Silver during the early years, but mostly Legend of Zelda OoT had the biggest, I would go to my friends house to relive the battle against Ganon over and over beating my time on the escape of the castle.

Lionsfan:
Banjo Kazooie, both 1 and 2. Those were the first 2 games I remember ever 100%ing, and investing time to finish the game

Then we are one the same boat, high five!

Aces of the Pacific and a bunch of other flight sims like it. Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe was the other big one, then the X-Wing/TIE fighter series.

Mech games were my big thing by the time I got to high school, the Mechwarrior 2 series in particular. I played that so much I've occasionally gone through the campaign again in my head when really bored in college classes.

Pokemon Blue! First game I ever actually owned myself.
Although Age of Empires 2 and Unreal Tournament also give me fond memories when I try to think of my earliest gaming experiences. I remember going over to my friends house specifically to play unreal tournament, because i didnt have a computer... We're not very close anymore.

The legend of zelda: A link to the past. Most of my childhood was spent on that game, still haven't completed it either.

It's nice to see Spyro appear on so many people's list. What a fine game.

It's a shame they've gone the typical 'lets make him edgier for all the cool kids' direction.

Rayman Maths and English.

It was an educational version of Rayman and was actually pretty good.

Started playing when I was about 5 and with my inability to do Maths or English, I just memorised my way through all of the levels.

Took me 5 years to beat the game, but it was so worth it.

Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg was my favourite game when I was younger and I still want to get another copy of it. My dad sold mine years ago :(.

Also being a Sonic fan I have to mention Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. That game is still amazing today.

dunno is a mix up between Link to the Past which was the first game I played and understood and Final Fantasy VII which was the first game to actually affect and change me as a person... a 10 year old person, but still a person XD

Probably either:

Spyro: Season of Flame (GBA)
Spyro (PS1)
Mario Kart Double Dash (GC)

This game represents some of the most awesome moments of my gaming childhood.

I'd have to say Oddworld.

My gaming started on PS1 although the first game I ever played was Heart of Darkness, 3D (see I started on 3D gaming..it had glasses and all)

Still Oddworld Abe's Oddyssey and Exodus were my favourite, I loved how you could talk on it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked