1.9% (2)
Geth Infiltrator
38.9% (42)
38.9% (42)
Krogan Battlemaster (Vanguard)
30.6% (33)
30.6% (33)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Which New ME 3 Multiplayer Class/Character Are You Looking Forward To The Most?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

With Fappy's announcement of Bioware's announcement of a free character/map pack coming out on 4/10 ( http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.363774-Free-New-ME3-Multiplayer-Content ), I'm wanting to see if a hypothesis of mine is correct. As such I pose to you a simple question: of the 6 new characters coming out, which one can you not wait to get your hands on the most?

Only one of those options involves a 800lb, hyper-aggressive, telekinetic battle beast in an armoured space suit.

The Batarian Netting weapon sounds like it's interesting, and I love how it ties in with their entire Slavery background. So I'm interested in trying them. I hope the Geth outperforms my Human Engineer so I can retire that boring guy. The Asari Shield looks useful when you get into a CQB with banshees and need to protect from fire (hopefully that will be useful and not just fodder for 1 hit kills. Krogan Vanguard, what can I saw other than *sideswipe* "PATHETIC!" and watch my enemies crumble before my epicness.

The weapon I'm excited for is the Harpoon gun, cause that just looks like a lot of fun, hopefully it can pin enemies to walls if give the chance...

Zhukov:
Only one of those options involves a 800lb, hyper-aggressive, telekinetic battle beast in an armoured space suit.

:P So I'm guessing you'll be playing the morbidly obese Justicar, then?

I want to play as geth infiltrator. Incidentally, people tell me I'm like a robot all the time.

Adam Jensen:
I want to play as geth infiltrator. Incidentally, people tell me I'm like a robot all the time.

Bet you never asked for it either.

Personally I'm looking forward to the geth. And before our resident Chicago Ted get's here I'm just gonna point out that he's excited for the Batarians

Equally excited for the Krogan Vanguard and Geth Infiltrator.

Really I gotta say I'm kinda interested in what this Asari Justicar is gonna be capable of. From the video in Fappy's topic, it looks like they're gonna have a bubble barrier capable of protecting the whole squad, it also looks like while that barrier is being sustained, the Justicar won't be able to do anything but stand there with her hands up. Will she be just a purely support role? Or will she get some points for every shot the bubble deflects? Perhaps she gets moderate assists for every enemy killed by a teammate within the bubble.

Don't know, but yet, since Infiltrator is my best/favorite class, I've got my eyes on that Geth Infiltrator allllll the way. Knowing my luck, though, I'll get nothing but Batarian Soldiers for the first 30 packs I buy. Le sigh. u.u

Geth Engie! But god damned if I'll ever pull him from a pack. I'll end up with probably the Krogan when I hate playing Vanguard.

Either of the Geth.. but probably the Infiltrator more so. I love my Quarian Eng so, while I love the class, I can't really see the Geth variant taking over that role for me. Inf, on the other hand, is a class I really enjoy but doesn't have it's hooks in me to quite the same level and I'm thinking that may be related largely to not quite jiving with the full skill sets of the existing races in the class.

This reminds me that I still need to see what weapons I received from last weekend's "event".

I'm most interested in the Justicar and Battlemaster. Batarian would have been cool, but the Soldier and the Sentinel are my two least favorite classes (though the Batarian Soldier's heavy melee attack at 0:26 reminds me of New Vegas' Two-Step Goodbye, my favorite Unarmed weapon in that game).

I hope they tweak how we search for gamges. I'd like to be able to filter out maps. I've gotten to where I will not even join random map lobbies because there is a chance we will end up at Firebase Reactor. And ugh...that map is awful. And I hate starting lobbies myself because getting people to join takes forever. So that leads me to search just for Firebase Dagger, White, or Giant. And even then, I somehow end up in random map lobbies.

Edit: So...just logged in and received no packs. Neither the one for the community goal nor the individual goal. Grr

StriderShinryu:
Either of the Geth.. but probably the Infiltrator more so. I love my Quarian Eng so, while I love the class, I can't really see the Geth variant taking over that role for me. Inf, on the other hand, is a class I really enjoy but doesn't have it's hooks in me to quite the same level and I'm thinking that may be related largely to not quite jiving with the full skill sets of the existing races in the class.

Yeah, the Infiltrators do seem to rely quite heavily on their cloak as being the only viable ability they have...but really what more do you need? Cloak allows you to grab objectives, grab downed teammates, make a much needed retreat, or give you a very nice bonus to your sniper rifle. With the standard Widow, the timing is such that you should be able to recharge your cloak between every shot so that's pretty much all I do. That said, though, I would like to see what abilities the Geth brings to the table, if he has anything that'd be worth wasting a cooldown on that wouldn't be more useful than just cloaking.

As for Engineers, they're probably pound for pound my favorite class, the Quarian in particular. I use her like a mage. Run around with the Carnifex (because me finding a Paladin would evidently be one of the signs of the apocalypse and apparently it just isn't time yet) to keep my cooldowns low which allows me to fling fire or ice as needed every 2 seconds. I've found this to be incredibly handy...so handy in fact that I actually started using the Turian Sentinel with the same premise only with Warp and Overload....but the Turian's apparently fat ass can't dodge, so that really detracts from me liking him more than my Engineer or Infiltrator.

DustyDrB:
This reminds me that I still need to see what weapons I received from last weekend's "event".

I'm most interested in the Justicar and Battlemaster. Batarian would have been cool, but the Soldier and the Sentinel are my two least favorite classes (though the Batarian Soldier's heavy melee attack at 0:26 reminds me of New Vegas' Two-Step Goodbye, my favorite Unarmed weapon in that game).

I hope they tweak how we search for gamges. I'd like to be able to filter out maps. I've gotten to where I will not even join random map lobbies because there is a chance we will end up at Firebase Reactor. And ugh...that map is awful. And I hate starting lobbies myself because getting people to join takes forever. So that leads me to search just for Firebase Dagger, White, or Giant. And even then, I somehow end up in random map lobbies.

Personally I could do without ever having to play Glacier again. By the pure and holy grace of god I managed to beat it on Gold against the frickin' Reapers, and if I never see that map again it'll be too soon.

RJ 17:

StriderShinryu:

Yeah, the Infiltrators do seem to rely quite heavily on their cloak as being the only viable ability they have...but really what more do you need? Cloak allows you to grab objectives, grab downed teammates, make a much needed retreat, or give you a very nice bonus to your sniper rifle. With the standard Widow, the timing is such that you should be able to recharge your cloak between every shot so that's pretty much all I do. That said, though, I would like to see what abilities the Geth brings to the table, if he has anything that'd be worth wasting a cooldown on that wouldn't be more useful than just cloaking.

As for Engineers, they're probably pound for pound my favorite class, the Quarian in particular. I use her like a mage. Run around with the Carnifex (because me finding a Paladin would evidently be one of the signs of the apocalypse and apparently it just isn't time yet) to keep my cooldowns low which allows me to fling fire or ice as needed every 2 seconds. I've found this to be incredibly handy...so handy in fact that I actually started using the Turian Sentinel with the same premise only with Warp and Overload....but the Turian's apparently fat ass can't dodge, so that really detracts from me liking him more than my Engineer or Infiltrator.

You know what would be an interesting, and in character, swap? If the Quarian Inf and Eng swapped Cyro and Sabotage between the two of them. Cryo could make for a very interesting skill for an Inf to have and it would pair up very well with cloaked sniping and/or the sort of support role that the Inf does well at. I could actually see myself using it in addition to cloak as, just like you, right now I find myself using cloak almost exslusively and forgetting about my Inf's other abilities. And, of course, Sabotage would fit perfectly with the Eng class. Plus, Incinerate is so useful overall that I find myself almost using it as much as I use cloak with my Inf so it would be nice to have a more useful counterpoint skill.

And yeah, I totally agree with the Turian lack of roll. I really wanted to play a Turian soldier but I tend to play my soldier as a hit and run style and the lack of mobility was killing me.

RJ 17:
Personally I could do without ever having to play Glacier again. By the pure and holy grace of god I managed to beat it on Gold against the frickin' Reapers, and if I never see that map again it'll be too soon.

I don't mind Glacier. I don't actively search for it, but it's a decent map. I guess people who love sniper rifles might not care for it, though, since it's basically composed of tight spaces and lots of corners. I usually wreck it usually as my Quarian Infiltrator (who wields a Disciple. That map is made for shotguns). The Falcon is also very useful there, since enemies can really escape the grenades.

DustyDrB:

RJ 17:

I don't mind Glacier. I don't actively search for it, but it's a decent map. I guess people who love sniper rifles might not care for it, though, since it's basically composed of tight spaces and lots of corners. I usually wreck it usually as my Quarian Infiltrator (who wields a Disciple. That map is made for shotguns). The Falcon is also very useful there, since enemies can really escape the grenades.

Oh I do well enough with my Carnifex caster class (usually Quarian Engineer) on that level, it's not the tight spaces that concern me. It's the fact that there's only like 3 rooms and 2 hallways and that's it. There's no where to run! You're getting your ass handed to you and you've gotta get the hell out of there NOW! You run to the next room "Oh look, 3 geth Pyros waiting for me. Or there's 2 ravagers waiting for me, or there's a horde of Marauders camping in every single room." Sometimes running is the best option, and there's nowhere to run on that map.

I am looking forward mostly to the Asari Justicar Adept as it seems the class is teamwork galore/support role which fits doing objectives and giving arial denial against the enemy,
But i share a quite big hype for geth infiltrator and engy and the KROGAN BATTLE MASTER/vanguard rest is really something ill end up trying sometime

While the Geth Infiltrator could be cool, I think I'm looking forward to the Justicar the most. The stationary barrier seems like it'll be a huge asset to the team in terms of reducing damage and keeping people alive, which is going to be really nice on gold difficulty and during extraction.

Anything with Geth. They are my favorite species besides Turians and Quarians, though I do like Krogan

The one that makes all those single player runthroughs worth the hours put into them. Or are they still not releasing that one?

The Geth Infiltrator.

Primary custom colour: Black
Secondary custom colour: Black
Weapon: Geth Plasma Shotgun
Game plan: Spend all match decloaking next to team mates and watching them panic.

But really, I'm most looking forward to the Geth Engineer. The MP doesn't have any truly support focused classes at the moment. Usually, I prefer to get into the fray with a shotgun, but I've been doing exactly that for two single player campaigns and over a month of multiplayer. It will be nice to play a support role for a change, and I like the idea of being able to refill my teammate's shields.

Geth Infiltrator. Although of course, Geth do not intentionally infiltrate

Heh heh heh, looks like so far my hypothesis is turning out to be correct: the Alliance's N7 Spec Ops program will soon be replaced by a Geth Militia. :P

Arkley:
The Geth Infiltrator.

Game plan: Spend all match decloaking next to team mates and watching them panic.

lol I hadn't even thought about that, but that does sound like fun. Gotta throw a light melee attack at them as well.

Absolutely either Geth. The chances of GETTING either is going to be next to impossible. I've been trying and trying, with countless Spectre and Premium Spectre packs to get either the Black Widow or Javelin, with absolutely NO success. In fact, I think its been awhile since I've even seen an N7 ranked weapon, that wasn't in a Commendation pack.

But, I have always wanted to play as both a Quarian, and a Geth. I just know what I'll name one of those beautiful robotic bastards too: PL4GU3-D0G. Mainly as a reference to an old game that I used to play, and i cant help but think that Geth would name themselves either practically, by what they do, or with online memes, 'chatspeak', or 1337.

When I first heard of Mass Effect multiplayer, I desperately wanted to play a Krogan Vanguard.

I'll finally get my chance! *squee*

Seriously, it'll be great, especially because all of the other new classes look wonderful.

Also, I just figured out that Soldier is actually pretty good, especially with a single-shot powerful gun like a sniper rifle. Pop a guy, use Adrenaline rush to pop another guy and recharge shields, get back in cover, reload, pop another guy, wrinse, lather and repeat.

Asari Justicar and Krogan Vanguard.
So excited for these two. Seeing a Batarian soldier might be interesting too.

Arkley:
The Geth Infiltrator.

If the enemy were geth, you bet your ass I would be shooting you xD
That's a good idea though.

Krogan Vanguard, Geth Infiltrator and Geth Engineer.

I major Engineer/Infiltrator, so it'll be fun having someone to play besides Human/Quarian. Wonder if the Engineer will have both Turrets and combat drones...
Looking forward to the Krogan Vanguard as the biggest problem I have with the Krogans is the lack of mobility (I know they have metric fuck-tons of HP and Shields, but my combat style is 'Roll like a son-bitch on fire') and the whole 'Charge + Heavy Melee' is probably going to be too much fun with the Battlemaster.

Also curious about the Batarians... should be interesting to see what their powers are.

Arkley:
The Geth Infiltrator.

But really, I'm most looking forward to the Geth Engineer. The MP doesn't have any truly support focused classes at the moment. Usually, I prefer to get into the fray with a shotgun, but I've been doing exactly that for two single player campaigns and over a month of multiplayer. It will be nice to play a support role for a change, and I like the idea of being able to refill my teammate's shields.

There is a special place for people like you :P

However, that does sound like a great idea.....

Texas Joker 52:
Absolutely either Geth. The chances of GETTING either is going to be next to impossible. I've been trying and trying, with countless Spectre and Premium Spectre packs to get either the Black Widow or Javelin, with absolutely NO success. In fact, I think its been awhile since I've even seen an N7 ranked weapon, that wasn't in a Commendation pack.

But, I have always wanted to play as both a Quarian, and a Geth. I just know what I'll name one of those beautiful robotic bastards too: PL4GU3-D0G. Mainly as a reference to an old game that I used to play, and i cant help but think that Geth would name themselves either practically, by what they do, or with online memes, 'chatspeak', or 1337.

I'm near positive N7 weapons *only* come from commendation packs; how they are encouraging people to do said events and have a set special reward.

eventhorizon525:

Texas Joker 52:

I'm near positive N7 weapons *only* come from commendation packs; how they are encouraging people to do said events and have a set special reward.

I meant Ultra-Rares. Its just that their 'card' has the N7 stripe on them, so I always call them 'N7' Weapons.

Texas Joker 52:

Dude, don't get me started. I've got a friend that got the B.Widow with his first ever Specter pack. Meanwhile it took me about 2.5 weeks just to get a standard widow...and I haven't gotten it upgraded yet. Meanwhile about 2 weekends ago I finally managed to get a Carnifex and upgraded it twice the same day!

But the one that REALLY fucking burned was buying my first Premium Specter Pack. I get on check to see if the Raptor rewards have come out and "Oh hey, a Premium Specter pack for 99K. What's this? I didn't go shopping the last time I played so I'm already at 87K? Hell yeah! I'll knock out a quick game of bronze and get one!" ~About 25 minutes later~ "Alright! Let's get a couple rares! Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Black Widow! BigMoneyBigMoneyBigMoneyNoWhammiesNoWhammiesNoWhammies STOP!" Out pops an Asari Adept and a Drell Vanguard........................

Seriously, I felt like Happy Gilmore when the giant clown face spits his ball back at him.

Can I just want all of them?

RJ 17:
*snip*

I know the feeling. I'm pretty sure it was you yourself that said "Premium Spectre Pack: Twice the disappointment for 1.5 the price."

Really, those two are ALL I want now. Javelin, Black Widow. Everything else is just "meh". The Hornet would be nice, though I'm getting the hang of the Tempest. I already have the Arc Pistol, so my Pistol wants are covered. I have the Revenant, Phaeston and Mattock, so I'm good on Assault rifles, while I have the "God-Of-All-Shotguns", the Geth Plasma. In terms of shotguns, what more would I want?

All I want now is a sniper rifle that isn't either complete shit, like the weak semi-auto or burst fire ones, or another Widow. Yes, the Widow is nice, but I want either Geth Engineering, or New-And-Improved Black Widow.

I think the random unlock system can tell when you really want something, and schemes to screw you over. So I just know I'll get nothing but Batarians, Asari, or MORE cards for the original races before I even get one of either Geth. Oh, but once I do...

Tis a sad day that I cannot play multiplayer. I WANNA PLAY AS A FUCKING GETH.

*goes of to cry in a corner*

I'm curious, I've never played an infiltrator before, but I'll start with the Geth.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked