Looking for good Xbox 360 exclusive/console exclusive games

I recently found a pair of (presumably working) Guitar Hero II Xplorer controllers at a thrift store for $5 and snatched them up because I've been planning on getting that game eventually and it's a lot cheaper to just get the disc than the whole box, even at the used-game-stuff store. But I still don't actually own an Xbox 360, and here's the main reason: All the games I've heard about for the system that I've been even remotely interested in have also been available for Windows through Steam. Every single one. That's the biggest thing the Xboxes have always had going against them: their similarity to Windows PCs has always been so strong that nearly every developer has just gone ahead and released a Windows port.

So here's my question to any 360 owners out there: Are there any good games on the system that I couldn't just get for the PC? The only exclusives I'm familiar with are Gears of War and the newer Halo games, neither of which really interest me. To give you an idea of what I'm interested in, here are my current favorite games that are on my computer:

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Fallout 3
Psychonauts
Everything in the Half-Life/Portal universe
Both Left 4 Deads
Both BioShocks
Team Fortress 2

Xbox 360/Playstation 3 crossovers without PC ports count. So do games for the original Xbox if they haven't killed backwards compatibility by now. Anything an Xbox 360 will play and my computer won't.

If you like racing games then get Forza 4. I've only played the demo for it but it was fun and I really liked Forza 3.

Forza 3 and 4
Bulletwitch
Deathsmiles
Crackdown

Alan Wake (Although it is on PC now but for a long time it was an Xbox exclusive) and Alan Wake's American Nightmare.

0takuMetalhead:
Forza 3 and 4
Bulletwitch
Deathsmiles
Crackdown

Oh yeah forgot about Crackdown! Yeah definitely get that.

Seriously, try Gears of War. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Aside from that, from the top of my head;

Forza 4
Alan Wake's American Nightmare (Play the original on Xbox or PC with DLC first)
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Fable II

Xbox/PS3 console exclusives (No PC version)

Red Dead Redemption
Dead Space (PC port is broken)
Mortal Kombat
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Hazy992:

0takuMetalhead:
Forza 3 and 4
Bulletwitch
Deathsmiles
Crackdown

Thirded. I would definitely go with Crackdown. Just stick to the first one, it'll be cheaper and it was better.

Doing this in the order of exclusives on Wikipedia that I would recommend...

'Splosion Man (XBLA)
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, although this isn't typical Banjo-Kazooie gameplay
Crackdown
Dance Central (Kinect)
Dead Rising
Forza Motorsport 4
Kinect Adventures (Kinect)
Kinect Sports 1 & 2 (Kinect)
Lost Odyssey

This is just going by this list here though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_exclusives_(seventh_generation)#Microsoft_Xbox_360

derintrel:

Hazy992:

0takuMetalhead:
Forza 3 and 4
Bulletwitch
Deathsmiles
Crackdown

Thirded. I would definitely go with Crackdown. Just stick to the first one, it'll be cheaper and it was better.

Crackdown 2 is decent though so I'd definitely give it a look after. It won't cost much now, and like derintrel said you'll get the first one dirt cheap

Dark Souls - 1000 times, Dark Souls (though the community is bigger on PS3)

I wish I could help you more, but I have a PS3 and a Wii.
There aren't many 360 exclusives that interest me since most tend to be shooters.

You should really give Gears of War a try. It really isn't at all what you think it is, and it's impossible to get a good feel for it just from pictures and such.

Anyway, since you like Bioshock and Half-Life, give Singularity a try. Its like a combination of the two wrapped up in Call of Duty's sweet control scheme.

Also, Dark Souls. And I prefered playing the Mass Effect games on Xbox(though Dragon Age is better on computer.)

Have you played Bayonetta and the Senko no Ronde series?

The only game that I can think of that hasn't already been mentioned is Iron Brigade. It's worth at least downloading the trial for.

The Darkness is one
The original Saints Row

Uhh... Condemned Criminal Origins? I think that had a PC port but I cant find it on any digital distribution site

Tales of Vesperia
Resonance of Fate
Lost Odyssey
Star Ocean

Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, and Infinite Undiscovery are good games for the 360 if you like RPGs. The Viva Pinata games are also random as hell but fun to play as well. Other than those I can't think of anything specifically for the 360 that isn't a racer or a shooter.

For a game that's on both PS3 and 360 though, definitely go and get Catherine. Dear god that game is awesome, and provides a story perspective you rarely if ever see in the games industry.

0takuMetalhead:
Forza 3 and 4
Bulletwitch
Deathsmiles
Crackdown

+1 to Deathsmiles

0takuMetalhead:
Forza 3 and 4
Bulletwitch
Deathsmiles
Crackdown

We have a vote for Deathsmiles? Holy crap!

Tales of Vesperia PS3 never left Japan, right? That would be the more "complete" version of the game if you can get your hands on it. The 360 version is still really damn good though.

Well the only one I can think of right now is Ace Combat 6, and that is a great game if you're interested in it all.
However, I think you'll find that they are many Xbox arcade titles that are worth your time.

Condemned:Criminal Origins
Shadow Complex(arcade game)
Alan Wake"American Nightmare(arcade game)

Gears of War is actually pretty fun if you play with someone else in splitscreen. "America's Next Top Sniper" is a very fun game to play throughout the story.

Et3rnalLegend64:

0takuMetalhead:
Forza 3 and 4
Bulletwitch
Deathsmiles
Crackdown

Tales of Vesperia PS3 never left Japan, right? That would be the more "complete" version of the game if you can get your hands on it. The 360 version is still really damn good though.

Deathsmiles is amazing so why not :P
Only bad thing is that it's on the edge of lolicon :/

Someone's going to get mad at me for saying this, but...

Wanna try Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts? It's nothing like the old games, but, it's still rather clever in its own regard.

I don't follow much on exclusives, so, I can't say for sure everything I say is on any other systems or not. But, I do know of some good games on Live.

Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Zapper: one Wicked Cricket!
Small Arms
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 1 & 2
Sonic Adventure
FancyPants Adventures: World 3

I almost forgot Metro 2033, it's not a 360 exclusive but exclusive to Microsoft nonentheless.

Have you ever heard of Halo?

If not, try Saints Row 3 despite it being Multi-platform

0takuMetalhead:

Et3rnalLegend64:

0takuMetalhead:
Forza 3 and 4
Bulletwitch
Deathsmiles
Crackdown

Deathsmiles is amazing so why not :P
Only bad thing is that it's on the edge of lolicon :/

Definitely. Rosa is borderline mature enough and Follet can probably pass with her because of their proportions. Casper and Windia are undeniably children though. Then we get Follet's "stay" ending o_O

s69-5:
Dark Souls - 1000 times, Dark Souls (though the community is bigger on PS3)

This. I know that Dark Souls is going to PC in a few months, but I have this on Xbox and it is essential.

Ninja Gaiden 2 (and NG1 as well, though that's an old Xbox game played with backwards compatiblity)

Honestly there's not many 360 exclusives I care for.

Fable, which is alright but it just feels like a watered down Elder Scrolls.
Alan Wake, I never got to play but it looks amazing.

Bayonetta isn't Xbox 360 exclusive, but the clear superior version is on there. I own the PS3 version and even though it's patches smooth out the monsterous loading times a tad, it's just a hell of a lot smoother on the 360. PS3 is more of a port than anything. If you're into Devil May Cry and God Of War type titles and think they need more drugs pumped into them, Bayonetta is a good place to start.

demon's souls, and dark souls.

silent hill downpour

Et3rnalLegend64:

Definitely. Rosa is borderline mature enough and Follet can probably pass with her because of their proportions. Casper and Windia are undeniably children though. Then we get Follet's "stay" ending o_O

Follet is the one that makes it lolicon (and makes me worry the most), she's 12....

dead rising 1
condemned
deadly premonition

0takuMetalhead:

Et3rnalLegend64:

Follet is the one that makes it lolicon (and makes me worry the most), she's 12....

Really? I thought it was Casper at 11, Windia at 13, Follet at 15(?), Sakura at 15, and Rosa at 17. Follet and Rosa certainly don't look like children, even though considering Follet's still low age is a bit uncomfortable.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here