So who got Xenoblade Chronicles today?

I won't be getting my copy til Sunday and the anticipation is killing me. Anyone here pick it up?

I got mine and found that my launch Wii can't read the disc (it's dual layer). Called Nintendo and they are sending me a shipping label. Game plays on my red Wii.

Sadly, when you send in your Wii, you also have to send in the game your having issues with so I will not be able to play XC for a couple of weeks after I ship the Wii off.

That's terrible! I won't be able to play it until Sunday myself, and even then I may hold off until I finally finish the Resident Evil Remake.

I got it today along with a call that I have to cover for someone tomorrow morning. Now I'm torn between being good and going to be at a reasonable time or saying fuck it and downing an energy drink before work. I guess I'll know once I start playing.

(And it's one of those people at work who always do that, I'm pretty sure everyone knows one of them. Now if only I didn't need the money to support my gaming habit...)

Huh, that's weird.

I don't remember stepping into my time machine to 7 months ago...

Joking aside, it's a great JRPG, this coming from a guy who usually doesn't like JRPGs.

yup got it finished it *smug mode* :)

I wish I was just buying it again now though I loved playing that game it absolutely had me hooked even took a break from Persona 4 to play and complete it it was that good.

Dont want to overhype it though it has its problems but for me they were very small compared to the fun I had playing.

Will probably get it eventually.

Just recently got Monster Hunter Tri, so I'm on that at the moment. I only got the Wii last fall, so I have some catching up to do there.

It's mine! Miiiine! Yes! Yeeees! Xenoblade Chronicles is mine! Now if the price spikes like Radiant Historia, I won't have to worry! Ha!................
Too bad my Wii is back at the apartment.

Yup. I have my copy.

Good times.

Darn, I went through Gamestop to get it, though. I feel icky.

What's wrong with Gamestop?

Karutomaru:

you must be new here (DERP edit: you have more posts then me, so it would be better worded as "how have you not noticed the GamesStop hate before?"), hating gamestop has been the trendy thing for awhile now because they are evulz and used game are killing the industry or some such nonsense

OT: no I haven't and i'm not sure i'm going to, because I have heard people compare the combat to World of Warcraft, and i'm not a big fan of the "take turns kicking each other in the shins and the only player input is to add a special every so often" model, but on the other hand the fact that it has such a gushing fan base seems to suggest that it does something right and if I don't get it soon i'll never be able to get it, but on the other other hand money is tight and there is a whole crop of potentially awesome games next month... grrr choices, choices.

I was going to, but I had to go dig my old Wii out of storage, and by storage, I mean my dads trash heap of a house. And the poor thing is just so far beyond functional, its missing its memory card, every conceivable piece that could fall of it has been broken off, its got stains, the power cable is loose etc etc etc..

I just figured this all out today as I ran an inspection before I went down to gamestop to get the game, and Im glad I did. Gonna see if I can get it up and running again for a reasonable price tag over the next few days, if I can't im just gonna have to let this release go.

I got mine. I'm trying to build up my Wii collection and this is going to make a great addition.

major_chaos:
used game are killing the industry

That's not my reasoning.

I live in Australia, so I got it when it came out over here.

LOVED EVERY SECOND OF THAT MOTHER.

I'll say it before, and I'll say it again: Every JRPG fan worth his spiky hair and oversized sword should get this game. You will NOT regret it.

For those among you getting it today, lemme give you some pro advice.

1) Switch up your party often. The game IS possible to beat with just the first three or four characters you get, but you'll miss out on a lot of stuff if you do.

2) Don't just play as the main character. Sure, he's pretty good, but sometimes it's better to play as other characters for various reasons.

3) Do sidequests. Lots and lots of sidequests. Since you don't have to go back to the quest-giver to get your reward (It's given to you automatically once you finish the quest), they're a good way of getting lots of awesome stuff quickly.

4) Go exploring. No need to worry about that dude you need to save, this is a JRPG we're talking about; the plot moves at the same speed you do. There's plenty of reasons to go off the beaten path, which include but are not limited to the fact that you gain EXP for every new area you find and the fact that the world in this game is GORGEOUS.

5) At one point in the story, this one town gets demo'd by the enemy and you have the option of helping them rebuild. Help them. It is well worth the time spent searching for the necessary materials and moolah once you get the rewards for doing so. What are these rewards? Sorry, that's spoilers!

6) Know your character. Some moves are more effective when you hit enemies in certain spots, or if you immediately use it after another certain move. Knowing how your chosen character works and who you pick as teammates to compliment his/her abilities is the key to victory.

7) This is quite possibly the best advice I can give you for this game, although it won't make sense to you at first: In this game, the time is- and always will be- Reyn Time.

LilithSlave:

major_chaos:
used game are killing the industry

That's not my reasoning.

then my I ask an honest question? what is? because the normally when someone starts hating GS its either "used games are killing the industry/are robbing devs", or "all GameStop employees are are fat creepy neckbeards" and while I in no way demand you like GS both of those are terrible reasons in my opinion, so i'm curious to see if your reason is more sane, or at lest one I haven't seen before.

Daystar Clarion:
Huh, that's weird.

I don't remember stepping into my time machine to 7 months ago...

Joking aside, it's a great JRPG, this coming from a guy who usually doesn't like JRPGs.

Absolutely fantastic!
For me it was 5 months thou <.<
Go Europe!

Great game, cutscene battles were amazing althou maybe sometimes they were a bit long?

Putting it off till I finish the last 7 jrpg's I've put off.

Battleaxx90:
I live in Australia, so I got it when it came out over here.

LOVED EVERY SECOND OF THAT MOTHER.

I'll say it before, and I'll say it again: Every JRPG fan worth his spiky hair and oversized sword should get this game. You will NOT regret it.

For those among you getting it today, lemme give you some pro advice.

1) Switch up your party often. The game IS possible to beat with just the first three or four characters you get, but you'll miss out on a lot of stuff if you do.

2) Don't just play as the main character. Sure, he's pretty good, but sometimes it's better to play as other characters for various reasons.

3) Do sidequests. Lots and lots of sidequests. Since you don't have to go back to the quest-giver to get your reward (It's given to you automatically once you finish the quest), they're a good way of getting lots of awesome stuff quickly.

4) Go exploring. No need to worry about that dude you need to save, this is a JRPG we're talking about; the plot moves at the same speed you do. There's plenty of reasons to go off the beaten path, which include but are not limited to the fact that you gain EXP for every new area you find and the fact that the world in this game is GORGEOUS.

5) At one point in the story, this one town gets demo'd by the enemy and you have the option of helping them rebuild. Help them. It is well worth the time spent searching for the necessary materials and moolah once you get the rewards for doing so. What are these rewards? Sorry, that's spoilers!

6) Know your character. Some moves are more effective when you hit enemies in certain spots, or if you immediately use it after another certain move. Knowing how your chosen character works and who you pick as teammates to compliment his/her abilities is the key to victory.

7) This is quite possibly the best advice I can give you for this game, although it won't make sense to you at first: In this game, the time is- and always will be- Reyn Time.

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep all of that in mind. I'm aware that characters level up even if they don't fight, but I try to mix things up.
Does anyone know if this has a Japanese voice option?

Karutomaru:

Nothing, the game (new) costs the same at Gamestop as it would at any big box store and at Gamestop you get points on your power up card to apply to coupons for other games.

Why would you go to Wal Mart or similar to pay the same price but get no other benefit?

I love Gamestop but what confuses me is all this hate for Gamestop coming from publishers and then they give them exclusives like this?

Since I'm from Europe I got it when it was release over here. Needless to day it is a amazing and fantastic game!

As for adive, bookmake this link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Anx12MiCQejudHJfUWhOTGd5Wm1uS25ub2FDeE5BekE&hl=en_US#gid=11

You're going to use this ALOT when it come to the looking sidequest givers (also come it handy for the loot list, requirement listing and more).

There's a time system in this game? does it run on its own time or is it real time?

Aw crap. I realize what I just brought on, so I'll have to beat them to it.

"In Xenoblade, there's only one kind of time period!"

Now answer my question for realz.

I didn't buy the game today, but I do own it. It's a great game. I hope Xenoblade does well all over the world and more like it are made. =D

I hoping that I'll get it for my birthday in a few days.

Finally sat down and played through the first few hours and HOLY SHIT YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO DO THAT GAME! It's against the trope law or something! Anyone else OMG at that part? If you know the part I'm talking about?

Also all the characters are British, it's awesome! Any game I played was either in my accent or had the accent to point out how foreign a person was. It's foreign and sweet at the same time (then again I love British accents, yeah I know there's more than one). Feel free to think of my as a stupid uncultured American.

I don't have a Wii to play it on, but I have to say that I kind of like the style, which is odd, because I'm not usually a fan of over-complicated video game characters designs. Maybe it's the protagonist's weird sword. If I had a Wii, I'd definitely be giving this a shot. As it is, I'm not gonna pick up a whole new console for just one game (except for KH3D, because Nomura has my... heart.)

TehCookie:
Finally sat down and played through the first few hours and HOLY SHIT YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO DO THAT GAME! It's against the trope law or something! Anyone else OMG at that part? If you know the part I'm talking about?

What happened? Please tell me!

Broken Blade:
I don't have a Wii to play it on, but I have to say that I kind of like the style, which is odd, because I'm not usually a fan of over-complicated video game characters designs. Maybe it's the protagonist's weird sword. If I had a Wii, I'd definitely be giving this a shot. As it is, I'm not gonna pick up a whole new console for just one game (except for KH3D, because Nomura has my... heart.)

TehCookie:

What happened? Please tell me!

I got it and I'm loving it they take enough for western rpg games to make it not a pain and enough from jrpgs to make it awesome.

I'll be getting my copy today. Stupid no deliveries on the weekend >:( I would be waist-deep in it if UPS weren't a bunch of idiots.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked