19.5% (58)
Ubisoft
45% (134)
45% (134)
Goddamn monkeys stole my bacon answer
19.5% (58)
19.5% (58)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: EA, Activision or Ubisoft. Which is the least horrible?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Pretty self explainitory title, which do you think is the least horrible and which makes/produces the best games?

Personally its a mix-up between Ubisoft and EA.

Ubisoft if assassin's creed 3 goes well.

Ubisoft has yet to reach the level of what-the-fuckery that Activision and EA have.

I don't see any of them as that bad. They all deliver me games that I enjoy greatly.

I'd say Activision, even though they publish exactly zero games I like and the other two publish tons. They apparently have put a muzzle on Kottick. Since he shut up, they just kind of seem like they are like, "Yeah, whatever" and then birth another 30 shitty games. But I guess making shitty games isn't evil.

wintercoat:
Ubisoft has yet to reach the level of what-the-fuckery that Activision and EA have.

Their DRM certainly earns them a few douchebag points, though.

All of the above. Because they all make great, award winning games.

captcha: donkey's years

back pain:

I'm pretty sure Ubisoft is the only ones that actually makes/develops games. Activision and EA publish them.

dreadedcandiru99:

wintercoat:

Their DRM certainly earns them a few douchebag points, though.

Agreed. Their DRM is a pain in the arse to use. Still not as bad as some of the shit that Activision and EA come out with

Where's the option for... Fuck all of these publishers and their shitty AAA games

Anthraxus:
Where's the option for... Fuck all of these publishers and their shitty AAA games

I guess the "Goddamn monkeys stole my bacon answer" is that option

GethBall:

back pain:

I'm pretty sure Ubisoft is the only ones that actually makes/develops games. Activision and EA publish them.

Both EA and Activision own several development studios that make their games. An example of this would be Bioware (a division of EA) and Infinity Ward (owned by Activision). So when I say EA/Activision make great games, it's like saying Ford makes great cars. One uses their development studios and the other uses their factories.

back pain:

GethBall:

back pain:

Both EA and Activision own several development studios that make their games. An example of this would be Bioware (a division of EA) and Infinity Ward (owned by Activision). So when I say EA/Activision make great games, it's like saying Ford makes great cars. One uses their development studios and the other uses their factories.

ohhhh.... well it looks like I have so much egg on my face that you could slap me with a frying pan and call me an omlette (thank you Yahtzee for that line).

i dunno tbh, I hate EA (i think everyone knows that by now) so between Ubisoft and Activision, well Ubisoft treats its fan base like shit but makes good games, Activision makes shit games and isnt that bad to its fans (atleast that ive seen)

Ubisoft only seem like major dicks to the PC base. Which is still a shame but...hell, I still reckon their IP's are decent and not driven to the ground. I for one can't wait for Future Soldier.

To me, EA. But it's the distinction between getting punched in the balls, the stomach or the arm. The arm punch hurts the least, but you still got punched and will likely have a bruise.

Ea and activision are blatent in their just give us your money. ubisoft is the only company i know of that called a big chunk of its player base thieves

Ubisoft is definitely going down EA's path. What they're doing to the Might and Magic franchise is a lot like what EA did with Command and Conquer.

Ubisoft, the only thing they do bad is their always online drm on a pc.

Ubisoft aren't intentionally dick's, they have some great IP's but are just stupid regarding the PC fanbase. So I'm going Ubi, because I like them the most

Do I have to say anything else but Rayman?

Activision. Their main crime is being stupid and accidentally running entire genres into the ground by flooding the market as soon as they see something profitable. I'd take that over EA and Ubisoft, who are just plain dicks.

Agreed. Their DRM is a pain in the arse to use. Still not as bad as some of the shit that Activision and EA come out with

Activision don't even use online passes. The worst thing they have is Battle.net, and that's not even a problem because Blizzard's servers don't shit the bed 90% of the time like EA's and Ubisoft's servers do.

I voted Ubisoft because they have made some games I like Where as I despise EA and Activison and all the games they have made.

Ubi.

They have stupid DRM schemes, but at least they're a sort of accidental asshole. EA and Activision know damn well what they're doing. They're making money and quality and PR be damned.

Ubisoft outright called their entire PC playerbase thieves. They treat their PC crowd like absolute shit by hamperin them with the worst kinds of DRM that literally adds nothin to the game...at all. Ubisoft is so bad it actually makes people think that piracy is actually a viable alternative to their fucked systems.

EA and Activision may treat their consumers like faceless wallets that they can gouge to their hearts content, but at least they don't then decide its perfectly acceptable to piss on them afterwards and then expect you to give them more money.

ActiViosion.

I haven't got an Ubisoft game since Assassins Creed (the first one) and have no plans on buying any more.

EA can suck giant hairy monkey balls.

My one and only problem with Acti was ole Bobby but he's been silenced so they can be forgiven.

Ubisoft, hands down. Almost every game with their name on it is more than worth my time, and I heard they want to better their DRM system, so they're throwing the Pc crowd a bone too.

I'd say activision, they do't do the shitty online codes that I've seen so they aren't quite as bad to me. Hate dealing with those things whether I buy new or used.

All 3 have heavy handed always-online DRM schemes. Examples are Starcraft2, AssCreed2 and for EA it goes as far back in time as Spore and ME1.

Kottick is very direct about wanting to increase prices and making players pay for the smallest additions, but they all do, so in a way Activision are being honest here.
Ubisoft call their PC fanbase thieves.
EA will outright ban their origin customers and take their stuff for the smallest of things, like fixing their broken games with mods.
Speaking of which, Activision-Blizzard still have excellent patch support often going years after release, such as with Diablo2, which also had it's copyprotection removed by patch.

That makes Activision the least bad, or best of those 3.

Blizzard-Activision because Blizzard is a part of it. They still show excellent craftsmanship even though they are slowly being tainted by marketing suits.

UBI next. Even though their DRM is horrible and broken, and their game design abilities are declining, at least they have somewhat useful support options.

EA is just plain bad in every respect.

EA, hands down. Ubisoft is a bunch of jerks who release effortless ports (they said it so) and think that only pirates play on the PC (again, they said it so). Activision has my least favorite gaming franchise which is also responisble for the mediocre FPS we have today. EA are "just" jerks in their business practices...

What a poll... its like asking which is your least scary way to die ?

- Starvation

- Disembowelment

- Drowning

In my opinion all three are exploiting the nature of sheep like gamers who will gobble up sequels without fail, year after year and net the publishers profits.
(This is bad as it discourages innovation, why chance a new IP when current ones are raking the dosh )
All three feel secure enough to disregard customers to the point they all introduce unwanted and down right greedy systems to exploit the revenue stream even more.
All three of these run thier games business with all the passion of a bean cannery operation... mass produce, exploit revenue streams, discard excess employees when demand is down ( hire and fire on demand ), all about the numbers ( how many cans of beans...err games went out this quarter ) and no interest in the quality.

... and all three of them like to kick the PC market when its down.

Then again lets be honest, its the model we the gamers created... we made the industry become like this by our indiscretionate buying and lapping up of market hype, failing to react when exploitive systems are introduced.... in short failing to use our buying power to keep the big publishers honest.

why is actvision on here? They have not done anything wrong with the games that have been released and they made the classic zork series which has to account for something!

I will say I hate MMO ever since blizzard destroyed the warcraft series with it. However all their games have been successful which is what a business is meant to do.

imahobbit4062:
I don't see any of them as that bad. They all deliver me games that I enjoy greatly.

basically this, i enjoy most of their games and apart from a bit of dissapointment with the me3 ending, none of them have really dissapointed or been horrible to me

Ubisoft isn't all that bad. They're just stupid towards PC community. But it seems like lately they've been trying to fix that to an extent. They aren't greedy and they are actually trying to innovate. Sometimes their attempts fail miserably (SC: Conviction) and sometimes they make amazing games like Assassin's Creed series. Overall I like Ubisoft, but sometimes I hate them when they go all DRM Rage on us.

Then there is Activision and evil Kotick. That man has to go. Seriously. He's drowning the industry in shit. He only cares about raw numbers. And they seem to be scared to death of innovation and new IPs. But at least they have enough brain cells to let Blizzard do whatever the fuck they want, which is why Activision is in the second place.

The worst company is of course EA. They've destroyed so many great franchises, they killed so many great studios and their latest victim seems to be our beloved Bioware. They destroy everything they touch. Their greed knows no bounds. They want to charge you for everything. Their DRM scheme is stupid, their online passes are evil incarnate and their treatment of fans is deserving of a death penalty. They will ban your account with all of your games for the slightest misdemeanor. And sometimes even when it's not your fault. Then there's EA Origin. They had years to study Steam and to figure out what makes Steam successful, and yet they came up with that abomination? It's ridiculous.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked