1.8% (4)
Dawn of War 3
21.5% (48)
21.5% (48)
Other
17.9% (40)
17.9% (40)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Which RTS sequel do you want the most?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

A lot of great RTS series (more than the 8 poll options I'm allowed) have gone far too long without a new installment, so I'm wondering which one you're most desperate for more of. As far as I'm aware, none of my poll options except for a new Command and Conquer (developed by Bioware) have been announced at this point.

Bonus question: what are you hoping for in the next installment (story/setting/gameplay adjustments/etc)?

Right now I just want Relic to announce Dawn of War II.

As for what I want, well, all the good stuff from the first game and all the good stuff from the second game put together with some new, good stuff added.

I want to see more larger maps that allow for big, epic scale battles along with smaller maps for more concentrated skirmishes.

I also want more than 4 default races and for the Daemon hunters to be a separate factions instead of being integrated into the Imperial Guard and Space Marines.

It would also be awesome is the story were to continue moving forward in the 40K timeline and bring some new and interesting plot developments.

I also want the Dobson brothers, Scott McNeil, Ian Gregory and Steve Blum along with more "hammy" voice acting like the first game.

I could go on forever but I'll just stop there.

Dawn of war 3 all the way. If it's more like the first (but keeping the squad micromanagement of the second).

Tis sad that RTS games aren't as popular as they used to be. I will weep for them.

Warcraft 4. Even though the lore got trampled to hell by WoW, there's still plenty of awesome stuff to work with.

ChupathingyX:
Right now I just want Relic to announce Dawn of War II.

As for what I want, well, all the good stuff from the first game and all the good stuff from the second game put together with some new, good stuff added.

I want to see more larger maps that allow for big, epic scale battles along with smaller maps for more concentrated skirmishes.

I also want more than 4 default races and for the Daemon hunters to be a separate factions instead of being integrated into the Imperial Guard and Space Marines.

Also this. I want all the factions and all the units, including Noise Marines (or whatever they're called). Massive battles and customizable armies (beyond colour schemes).

A new SupCom that is more in line with the epicness of SupCom 1.

Fr]anc[is:
Warcraft 4. Even though the lore got trampled to hell by WoW, there's still plenty of awesome stuff to work with.

This. Then again, they could just retcon it.
I would really love an Age Of Mythology 2 (especially if it was like Rome Total War).

GethBall:

Also this. I want all the factions and all the units, including Noise Marines (or whatever they're called). Massive battles and customizable armies (beyond colour schemes).

Well, a while back the Escapist had an article where someone from Relic said that Dawn of War III would feature more customisation than the first two.

Homeworld 3!

Hey, at least a guy can dream can't he?

Rome: Total war 2

Command and Conquer 4

Dawn of War 3. CoH2 can wait, I want my base-building and giant armies back!

New DoW! I really like squashing the enemies of the God-Emperor under my giant power boots. Maybe with other chapter campaigns.

Gabriel Angelos, I like you and I'm gonna let you finish, but Marneus Calgar was the best chapter master of all time.

Age of mythology 2. AoM was one of my favourite games when it was around.

act of war 2.. the first had a good blend of cinematic and fun

Homeworld 3? Warcraft 4? No, don't make me choose. :( I cannot do it, I can't! I want both! Also, Age of Mythology 2. Because the first one kicked all sorts of ass. Gimme all three, and I will be a happy man. :)

I don't see why Supreme Commander 3 is on the list. It assumes that if the game were to be made, it would be made in the vein of the original and not its successor. Supreme Commander 2 was pretty shitty. I wonder why.

Dawn of War 3 would probably be my choice. Loved the original and its first two (I think) expansions. Dawn of War 2 wasn't all that great, but there's already been some sort of news that DoW3 will return to its roots, which will be great. If THQ doesn't bite the bullet.

BreakfastMan:
Homeworld 3? Warcraft 4? No, don't make me choose. :( I cannot do it, I can't! I want both! Also, Age of Mythology 2. Because the first one kicked all sorts of ass. Gimme all three, and I will be a happy man. :)

I don't think you want a Warcraft 4.

Warcraft 4 all the way

Dungeon Keeper 3.

I don't care so much for the others.
Well, except maybe WarCraft IV...
But I want Dungeon Keeper 3 the most.
And not only in the RTS genre, but in all genres combined.

I dont see why dawn of war 3 is on that list at all as it is already confirmed and in production.

So it is a sure thing.

I voted for Homeworld 3

LookingGlass:
Bonus question: what are you hoping for in the next installment (story/setting/gameplay adjustments/etc)?

Well, I voted Supreme Commander 3, but what I really want is to have Supreme Commander 2 stricken from the series, declared an alternate universe, and to have a proper replacement made.

So yeah, strip out the research system and go back to tech tree upgrades, maybe even go back to the specialized factories of Total Annihilation. Then maybe add unit upgrades that can be applied by an engineering unit in the field or at a factory with the right prerequisites (but not research, seriously, R&D does not happen in the field, only data collection does)... but any of those upgrades would always cost more basic resources to build. Also, resource rates. 2's hybridized income rate/instant spending BS was awful.

Command and Conquer for me, granted the best would be with Westwood at the helm again, but maybe Bioware can pull it off.

MYTH FOR THE LOVE OF ALL GAMES, BRING BACK THE MYTH SERIES. NO OTHER STRATEGY HAS THE LEVEL OF DETAIL OF MYTH. NO GAME, NONE IS THAT CLEAR WITH ALL MY LARGE CAPITOL CROWNED LETTERS :P

Alric will become the new Leveler, as the defeater of soublighter trying to speed up the cycle of light and darkness (obvious that he was trying to speed up darkness), Alric will become a fallen lord and will usher in a timeless evil. With only a handful of the fallen lords left. Balor, Shiver, the Deciever, The watcher and Soublighter all killed in the last two wars. New heroes will need to emerge

The dwarves will also have their own battle agaist their racial enemy the ghols. With their homeland barley re-occupied after the 2nd great war. It will be the turning point of either victory or defeat for their entire race.

I really hope they get the original team from bungie to buy back this game from Take 2. Stop making the damned Halo games, no body likes them!!!!

Homeworld 3 easy, it is the ONLY RTS game I have ever played with a GOOD and engaging story.

Europa Universalis 4 or a new Dungeon Keeper game, not Dungeon Keeper Online we need a real one, someone should start a kickstarter, in a few months when I have recovered from the other kickstarters.

I picked Warcraft 4 because Warcraft 3 is one of my favorite RTS's of all time, but I'd also really like to see Age of Empires 4. AOE3 was a technical marvel that, in my opinion, improved on AOE2 in every way imaginable. It's a pity that Ensemble Studios closed down, because I want more Age games.

I'm completely open up for a Supreme Commander 3 just as long the game mechanic itself isn't SC 2 but more akin to SC 1.

Age of Empires IV would be nice, not sure why it's not on the list ... - III was released 7 years ago, even though there's been a few expansion packs. I'd like to see them go back in time to be honest, World War I is not a "Great War" even from an RTS perspective.

EDIT: Just thought a bit more... Knights of Honor II would be glorious. Loved that game.

distortedreality:
A new SupCom that is more in line with the epicness of SupCom 1.

This, totally. I loved supcom 1 and Forged Alliance, but supcom 2 looks kinda dumbed down. Another supcom with just as many units (if not more), more 81km*81km maps and more strategic nukes would be enough to keep me busy for years.
Nexus: The Jupiter Incident, while not technically a RTS, is one game that needs a sequel desperately. Its one of the prettiest games I own, despite coming out in 2004, and the gameplay was simply amazing.

Empire Earth
or Home world 3 (I have so many questions that need answered and if you could make this one without the brutal number scaling it would be nice)

Homeworld 3...I mean, it was the one of the greatest games of my youth. I got Homeworld 2 when I was in England. Great times, great memories.

Wait, maybe I don't want Homeworld 3...

Voted for C&C game. As Generals: Zero Hour is still my favorite RTS to date.

Some comments on each.

Dawn of War: I echo others in this thread. There is nothing more annoying then buying expansions for new races. Only to have them stripped out again in the sequel. (The Sims is the worst offender of this IMO.) Love the capture points system of DoW1 and would hope to see that continued with progression.

Supreme Commander: I know I'm in the minority (at least of forum goers) but I really liked SC2. The change of research was fine by me because it made units useful. You still built units late game, that were useful early game as well. Instead of being just a spam of all level 3 units. The economy and base building were an improvement to me as well. While the idea of the buildings adjacent to each other mattering was a neat idea. In practice it was a VERY unforgiving. in a 1 on 1 game, building the exact same power generators on the wrong side of a building could be enough to energy starve you, and cost you the match. Because you couldn't build any units and your opponent is pumping out a constant stream of tanks with the exact same buildings and resources. While this isn't inherently a terrible thing, it was a very hard system to get just right, and I know several players who stopped playing because of it.

Warcraft: Meh, I'd probably play a new Warcraft. But I really can't say I'm excited for one...

Just to throw this all out of Whack, Halo Wars.

I actually really liked it and disappointed it didn't merit a sequel.

A true Age of empires game (and not the damned MMO)

Possibly Warcraft 5 (considering Blizzard has said WoW IS warcraft 4) though not really as into Warcraft.

So actually Im actually happy with whats available because I have yet to turn on my first Warhammer RTS, so really that might be more than enough to satisfy any RTS desires I might have. Im just not all that into RTS games. Only when I get a wild hair.

Age of Empires IV. I wish Ensemble Studios wasn't bunk cause I'd like to see a late Imperialism to Cold War period RTS. Ages would go Late Imperialism (late 19th century) to Early 20th century (world war I era) to mid 20th (world war II era) to late 20th (cold war era up to the 80's or so)

It'd be cool to play as the Soviet Union and the United Sates and even Germany or China or Japan during those eras.

Oh well. Wishful thinking at this point.

Warcraft 4.

I never got into WoW beyond the first 10 levels of trail but I absolutely love Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne. Personally, I've always preferred Warcraft RTS to Starcraft.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked