Your Deus Ex Human Revolution playstyle?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Simple question, what is/was your playstyle for this great game? I'm mainly stealth, sneaking around doing mostly non lethal takedowns. Which is surprising because I'm usually one to kill everything in sight with firearms.

I like doing sneaky stealthy things, and this game almost let me have my cake and eat it, I say that because when you pick that style the boss battles suck.

Anyways, I found sneaking and being stealthy a real challenge since I had to figure out a pattern to the enemy's movement when I'm close to them, and how to navigate a packed room and not get murdered when all I have is a stun gun. I never really felt the need to play the game as lethal, but if I want a full completion I will have to do that some time.

I just headshoted everything that moved with a headshot. I didn't bother getting the stealth perks , but i did try to quietly take everyone out , but i didin't mind getting caught . I stealth what i could ( hiding behind cover and whatnot shooting things in the head) , sometimes melee taking them out when possible . That being said , i didn't bother getting the extra energy cells since the first one always regenerated .

Stealthy NonViolent, Loved trying to get by without being seen, I couldn't ghost the whole thing, but I tried

Well when I was going for my 1250/1250 achievements, I would be as stealthy as possible.

Now I don't give a fuck about alarms, but I'm always non lethal. You get a fuckload more XP. Seriously, I can basically max out Jensen, bar the really useless skills.

I'm also an intense hacker. I hack everything. I fucking hate hacking, but I can't help it. I got problems.

mostly sneaky and non lethal thats how ive always played the series. i never had any problem with the bosses ven if there was no way to avoid them.. typhoon for the win

Anything that moved .... I made sure it stopped moving.

I started off stealthily then took to slaughtering everything just for giggles.

Fuck stealth.

I was beefed up. I went up behind people and beat the shit out of them. I used the machine gun and sprayedd their intestines all over the wall.

I'm shit at stealth.

I call it the Assassin style, which is to say Steathily but killing everything on sight. It was really fun.
Early on a good tactic was to knock out all the guys in the room by either using Tranquillisers or punching them in the face, arrange them in a line and shoot them while they're in dream land. Afterwards all you need to do is fully upgrade the pistol so it has a silencer, armour piercing and a laser sight, after that the only thing that can survive a headshot is the Harvester guys with miniguns (who go down in two) and robots (who I usually sneak around and use to my own advantage anyway). As for the bosses? Typhoon, Electricity resistance and a brief hording of Typhoon ammo and EMP grenades and they are a piece of piss.

Stealth because, let's be honest, the game actively encourages you to use stealth by giving you more experience for it. Now, just for the sake of it: I played the original Deus Ex in "I'm just going to do what seems to be a good idea at the time" and it worked pretty well. Well... at least until i got the Dragons Tooth Sword which was kind of a game breaker...

Adam Jensen is a bad ass with sun glasses and a trench coat.

No way he was going to ponce around in my game. He took shit down and made sure it stayed down.

Non-lethal-stealthy-hacky guy who likes his tranq-gun

Shame all of that gets thrown out of the boss fights...

imahobbit4062:
Simple question, what is/was your playstyle for this great game? I'm mainly stealth, sneaking around doing mostly non lethal takedowns. Which is surprising because I'm usually one to kill everything in sight with firearms.

I avoided stealth and cover based shooting mechanics. I gave them a big 'ol fuck you. I very quickly ran out of ammo and I came to the realization that the game was forcing me into stealth and cover based shooting mechanics because that is what it wanted from me all along, evident by denying me ammunition from vendors and drops.

I stopped playing.

Obsessive-compulsive. HACK EVERY COMPUTER. UNLOCK EVERY DOOR. THOSE BANAL EMAILS AND AMMO FOR GUNS I DON'T USE SHALL BE MINE!

Kahunaburger:
Obsessive-compulsive. HACK EVERY COMPUTER. UNLOCK EVERY DOOR. THOSE BANAL EMAILS AND AMMO FOR GUNS I DON'T USE SHALL BE MINE!

Amen, cue frantically re-arranging my entire inventory so I can carry the five extra handgun bullets I found because ZOMG I MIGHT NEED THEM LATER.

I played it stealthy, i somehow blew up cause i missed the trophy for it. Love this game. I expected a bit more rpg and it played like MGS which is great.

I try to be a stealthy non lethal type of person, however I am really bad at the stealth. It usually ends up with me hiding under a desk taking people out as they come to investigate. Its amusing a guard will see a fallen friend and come over to check it out only to get tranquilized for his efforts. By the end there is just a pile of unconscious guards because they were too stupid not to go over and investigate.

Now on my second non lethal attempt, my first attemp failed when I was hiding guards in a ventilation vents, how was I supposed to know that stuffing them all into one small cramped place was gonna be bad for them.

First playthrough - Supah sneaky and non-lethal.

All others - KILL-DESTROY-ANNHILATE. The guns in the game are too fun to not use if you ask me. Even though the game is great as it is, I would love it if they had a multiplayer or hoard mode in the next Deus Ex so that I can play around with the guns.

NathLines:
First playthrough - Supah sneaky and non-lethal.

All others - KILL-DESTROY-ANNHILATE. The guns in the game are too fun to not use if you ask me. Even though the game is great as it is, I would love it if they had a multiplayer or hoard mode in the next Deus Ex so that I can play around with the guns.

I would love stealth ala Splinter Cell Conviction.

Stealth. Nonlethal takedown on every last enemy in the level, preferably with takedowns, unless they're MJ12 goons, in which case, lethal takedown if it doesn't raise the alarm or nonlethal + bullet in the head after if there's others around. Always going for both ghost and smooth operator.

In other words, powergaming the shit out of it plus some added touches.

Was gonna do a complete sneak run, but quickly decided to do a mix of the two instead. Sneaked and did non-lethal kills until the alarm went off, then I killed my way to freedom.

I usually did stealth approach and took down enemies non-lethaly if I wasn't sure if they were the bad guys (most enemies I encountered). It's only when I met the Black Ops guys did I turn into a Cyber-Ahnuld and killed anything I could.

Strange. In a game that doesn't have a morality meter, or and ending based on your moral actions, I was more of a goodie two-shoes than in any other game I ever played. Perhaps because it didn't feel forced.

Basically just stealth, over both playthroughs. The gunplay just didn't work well enough, and it wasn't as fun.

Stealth all the way, baby. Not only is it refreshing to be able to avoid straight-out combat and do something different but the game experience mechanics reward you the most for stealth, non-detection and non-lethal takedowns. It's great to have a game where not killing enemies makes you feel so badass.

Trya nd sneak and stealth and non-lethal as much as possible but if the shit hits the fan I'll massacre everyone; if the game is gonna force me to carry around an assault rifle just for bosses then I'll inevitably end up using it on other things, sadly.

rob_simple:

Kahunaburger:

Amen, cue frantically re-arranging my entire inventory so I can carry the five extra handgun bullets I found because ZOMG I MIGHT NEED THEM LATER.

Same here, and that game has one of the worst inventory management systems ever. I spend more time fighting it than playing the game.

Prometheus2112:

Same here, and that game has one of the worst inventory management systems ever. I spend more time fighting it than playing the game.

I like the inventory system. It's very close to the system of the original Deus Ex, and adds an important level of challenge to the game. After all, it's not realistic that a stealthy dude would be crawling through ventillation shafts carrying an entire vanload of gear now, is it?

Stealthy and Efficient when undetected, Fast and Brutal when they found me.

The revolver with explosive rounds almost made me want to get caught at times..

Hacker, I didn't really need stealth for the most part, i'd just knock out a couple of guys and hack every computer in sight so the brobots did the rest for me.

Originally, I picked a force recon style. I would quickly down enemies in short firefights, getting as many headshots as possible with silenced weapons. But then I tried the invisibility cloak and went along a more stealthy route. Not hesitant to kill if it will help me achieve my objective, just rather low-key about it. I used a fully upgraded silenced pistol most of the time. Good for ammo conservation, excellent at quick headshots... I also honed my hacker skills later on as my play style matured.

My play style was a little different in the boss fights. That's when I used all the explosives and heavy weapons. I took out exposed muscle guy with two gas grenades.

Stealthy, but I need to kill everything so I can look into all the computers.

I tended to try and avoid fighting and I would rarely even use the takedown as there were plenty of risks involved. That being said I feel the game made this way too easy and going non-lethal was simply a morality choice not an impractical one as it should be (it simply makes non-lethal meaningless when the difference is what weapons you keep and how long you hold down a button.

ms_sunlight:

Prometheus2112:

I like the inventory system. It's very close to the system of the original Deus Ex, and adds an important level of challenge to the game. After all, it's not realistic that a stealthy dude would be crawling through ventillation shafts carrying an entire vanload of gear now, is it?

I think the problem is that the original DE was on PC and inventory management like that is much more efficient when you have a mouse to move things around quickly. I like the system but it's like an exhausting sliding puzzle when you're re-arranging everything to get two free squares next to each other.

I played the game stealth and non lethal. I didn't get teh no killing achievement however because I killed guys in the intro (before you're augmented). It was fun to hide behind objects you moved to locations. Guards wouldn't even react to the fact that the printer that was on the other side of the room is now right behind them.

I honestly don't know how anyone played this game non stealthily. It was really really hard. As soon as I set off an alarm, I'd usually have to reload an old save. The guards were vicious and unrelenting.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked