Space Marine vs Master Chief and Zerg vs Tyranids
Space Marines would win and Tyranids would win
58.6% (242)
58.6% (242)
Space Marines would wiin and Zerg would win.
5.6% (23)
5.6% (23)
Master Chief would win and Tyranids would win
6.3% (26)
6.3% (26)
Master Chief would win and Zerg would win
10.7% (44)
10.7% (44)
Unsure.
1.2% (5)
1.2% (5)
I CAN COUNT TO POTATO!!
16.7% (69)
16.7% (69)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Master Chief vs Space Marine

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Me and some of my friends got into an argument. I believe that in a one on one fight a Space Marine would wipe the floor with the chief, while my friends think that master chief would win. And also they believe the zerg could beat the Tyranids. So escapists, who would win in a fight:Master Chief or a Space Marine? And for an added bonus would the Zergs or Tyranids win in a fight.

This isnt even worth a discussion. The Space Marines outclass Master Chief (assuming you dont pull the 'named character wins!' rule) in every capacity. He has superior weapons, training, experience, equipment and regularly goes against horrors which make anything the Flood could create look like a family friendly tea party guest. Almost anything that gets compared to 40K loses and loses horribly.

Also Tyranids have already devoured atleast 1 galaxy, they strip everything, change it into biomass and repurpose it to what they need. They do what the Zerg does but better, Carnifex murder Ultralisks, Warriors butcher hydras and the massive hive fleets of the Tyranids are virtually unkillable given the limited firepower things like mutalisks, scourge, guardians etc can possibly bring to kill them.

Everyone knows the power of potato.......................

Ummm........ The most blatantly overpowered one would win.

I just think that discussions like this are pretty juvenile.

And Garrus Vakarian would destroy them all.

Master Chief comes up against a Lascannon/Plasma gun/regular bolter, dies.

Hive Fleet anything comes across the zerg? HIVE FLEET GETS A BIT BIGGER.

-_- seriously.

You sir are completely correct Garrus would win

Michael Bakker:
You sir are completely correct Garrus would win

^this guy is right!

Here's a flash game that shows how many Halo spartans it would take to kill a Space Marine.

http://dagobah.net/flash/Space_Marines_vs_Spartans.swf

Verses thread, reported. Although I do appreciate that you gave the world the chance to see this:

Michael Bakker:
Garrus would win

Toombs approves +4

Congratulations, this is the second best first post I've ever seen. Welcome to the Escapist!

Weren't these threads against forum rules o.O

I answered the obligatory silly answer..

You can't put any conventional setting up against Warhammer 40k and expect it to come out on top. I thought that was the one lesson we had learned from these threads. It brought us closer together as a community.

Asclepion:
Here's a flash game that shows how many Halo spartans it would take to kill a Space Marine.

http://dagobah.net/flash/Space_Marines_vs_Spartans.swf

Dear god, what did all of those green packing peanuts do to the Kool-Aid man?

The correct answer isn't there. Samus would win against both Chief and Marines, and Metroids would win against both Zerg and Tyranids.

Starik20X6:
The correct answer isn't there. Samus would win against both Chief and Marines, and Metroids would win against both Zerg and Tyranids.

This, thank you.

Oh yes, because the big guys with armour CLEARLY are superior!

Look, I've had the same argument before, but we came up with this theory:

Yes, a Space Marine could, in theory, wipe out a Spartan. However, where as the Marine is big and has powerful weaponry, a Spartan is much more tactful and Smarter than the Gamine appearences would seem. If you take the stuff from the books into this, they have sub-human speed and reflexes. By the time they've thought of dodging the chainsword, they're already 10 feet away and shooting back. Spartan's are nimbler, more tactical and lighter on their feet than a Space Marine.

Plus, another factor could be actual experiences for combat. Marines are tank bread while Spartan's were trained from an early age for all manner of combat in real world situations. The way to think about it then is the VR scenarios in MGS2 for the Marines: Vast amounts of Combat Training in realistic areas, but no real combat experience!

So, this may upset a whole lot of you, but I'm going with the Spartan. In pure combat, a Space Marine could kill them, but a Spartan would be too smart to fight them head-on to begin with. They'd sneak up on them, attach stickys to the Marines back and then when he's weakened, climb up onto his helmet and cut his neck!

As for the other choice....I flipped a coin, it said Zerg.

SPARTANXIII:
Vast amounts of Combat Training in realistic areas, but no real combat experience!

Space Marines tend to be at least a hundred years old. That's a lot of combat experience.

Despite

kingcom:
This isnt even worth a discussion. The Space Marines outclass Master Chief (assuming you dont pull the 'named character wins!' rule) in every capacity. He has superior weapons, training, experience, equipment and regularly goes against horrors which make anything the Flood could create look like a family friendly tea party guest. Almost anything that gets compared to 40K loses and loses horribly.

Actually, this is not quite true. In regards to strength, physical ability, weapons, and equipment, the Master Chief is technically inferior to the rank-and-file, Blue-armored Elites. And yet, he has proven himself capable of taking out several entire Covenant ground forces. I think it's safe to say that a Covenant Zealot or Brute Chieftain, with their ridiculously heavy shields and armor, is on par with a Space Marine in terms of durability.

I'd strongly contest the "Superior Experience and Training" attributed to the Space Marine - from the poor tactics and strategies Space Marines tend to use, the Master Chief is significantly more mobile and while he may not have as much experience in general combat, he's had far more experience in facing against impossible odds.

On the other hand: Tyranids and Zerg would be evenly matched.

ResonanceSD:
Master Chief comes up against a Lascannon/Plasma gun/regular bolter, dies.

Not true. The Master Chief has proven time and time again that he can best superior armed-and-equipped enemies, because he knows how to not get hit.

Well, first of all, you are pitting a group against a single unit. If you meant SPARTANS vs. Space Marines, then I say Spartans, mainly because I don't play Starcraft. Dx

SPARTANXIII:

Yes, a Space Marine could, in theory, wipe out a Spartan. However, where as the Marine is big and has powerful weaponry, a Spartan is much more tactful and Smarter than the Gamine appearences would seem. If you take the stuff from the books into this, they have sub-human speed and reflexes. By the time they've thought of dodging the chainsword, they're already 10 feet away and shooting back. Spartan's are nimbler, more tactical and lighter on their feet than a Space Marine.

Plus, another factor could be actual experiences for combat. Marines are tank bread while Spartan's were trained from an early age for all manner of combat in real world situations. The way to think about it then is the VR scenarios in MGS2 for the Marines: Vast amounts of Combat Training in realistic areas, but no real combat experience!

So, this may upset a whole lot of you, but I'm going with the Spartan. In pure combat, a Space Marine could kill them, but a Spartan would be too smart to fight them head-on to begin with. They'd sneak up on them, attach stickys to the Marines back and then when he's weakened, climb up onto his helmet and cut his neck!

As for the other choice....I flipped a coin, it said Zerg.

Um, I don't think you quite grasp how a Space Marine's life is. By the time they are 10, they are fully grown superhumans with an extra set of every organ. They spend their entire lives in combat or training for it. They live for hundreds and hundreds of years. They are nearly unaffected by their armors bulk, as their strength is simply so strong that it barely weighs them down. I love Halo, and the Master Chief is a badass, but a Space Marine would absolutely murder him.

Oh, and a plasma grenade wouldn't even dent a Space Marines armor.

Fleetfiend:
Well, first of all, you are pitting a group against a single unit. If you meant SPARTANS vs. Space Marines, then I say Spartans, mainly because I don't play Starcraft. Dx

OP meant the Space Marines from Warhammer 40,000

Loop Stricken:

SPARTANXIII:
Vast amounts of Combat Training in realistic areas, but no real combat experience!

Space Marines tend to be at least a hundred years old. That's a lot of combat experience.

I'm only going which what I know. I would assume with all the tank bred Marines out there there would be some that would be born with the memories of battle (Ala Grunt from Mass Effect 2), but no real combat experience. Still doesn't change the fact that a good Spartan like the Chief would try to out-fox the Marine instead of attacking it head on........like an idiot!

So... this is to see if Warhammer Space Marines match up to Halo Spartans?
Why the hell are the Zerg involved?

SPARTANXIII:
Marines are tank bread

Wrong, so very wrong.

They are given body enhancements and extra organs and the gene seed in a tank but they are born to mummy's and daddy's just like everyone else.

They are normal folk that are chosen to be "enhanced" into genetically altered super soldiers.

Further more they are picked as children and go through incredibly tough trials and training to get a remote chance at being picked to join a chapter. Most of those picked don't survive, a lot get thrown back. Only a select few make it.

We won't even mention Grey Knights.

I've been reading 40k lore since 1987.

On Topic.

A Space Marine wouldn't need to try.

Tyranids would have the Zerg for breakfast .... literally.

Chunga the Great:

The Tau Empire and their Firewarriors say otherwise. Space Marines aren't as invincible as they like to think they are.

Chunga the Great:

Fleetfiend:

OP meant the Space Marines from Warhammer 40,000

*wipes egg off face*

Either way, haven't played. Yeah, it's a stupid basis for an argument but hey, what can I say?

Chunga the Great:

Um, I don't think you quite grasp how a Space Marine's life is. By the time they are 10, they are fully grown superhumans with an extra set of every organ. They spend their entire lives in combat or training for it. They live for hundreds and hundreds of years. They are nearly unaffected by their armors bulk, as their strength is simply so strong that it barely weighs them down. I love Halo, and the Master Chief is a badass, but a Space Marine would absolutely murder him.

I don't really know that much about the Marines, but as I said, it would be more a case of out-smarting a Marine instead of Out-gunning them. They'd use the bulk against them, not their speed. They would shoot and stab the joints between the armour, rather than try to puncture it. Everyone says the Spartan's are DOA when facing a Marine, but Spartan's are like Captain James T. Kirk!

They don't believe in a "No Win" senario, and would use every advantage till it was gone!

SPARTANXIII:

Rawne1980:

You've clearly never read how Smart, Quick or Tactical a Spartan is. They would have to try, they'd all have to try. Try to keep track, try to keep up, try to get them off that area on their back they can't reach with ease from which a Spartan will make several deep cuts into their enemies weak joints!

A Soldiers biggest mistake is underestimating the enemy, and every 40K person here is HEAVILY underestimating the enemy!

Really?!?

Space Marine?

This is the same Master Chief we're talking about right?

And a special WTF to the zerg I mean, come on...

I'm amazed how many people think Space marines are mindless machines. You know we had those in 40k they are called Thunder Warriors and they were killed because they were only made to kill so once it was time for diplomacy they had no use and would only get in the way.
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Thunder_Warriors
I don't think I need to mention who would win here since I don't think some people here even realize how WH40k is supposed to be. It's just everything up to 11.

SPARTANXIII:

Chunga the Great:

I don't really know that much about the Marines, but as I said, it would be more a case of out-smarting a Marine instead of Out-gunning them. They'd use the bulk against them, not their speed. They would shoot and stab the joints between the armour, rather than try to puncture it. Everyone says the Spartan's are DOA when facing a Marine, but Spartan's are like Captain James T. Kirk!

They don't believe in a "No Win" senario, and would use every advantage till it was gone!

That may be true, but even IF Chief manages to get in a stab or two, Space Marines are damn-near invincible to all but the most extreme forms of damage. They have 2 of every vital organ, meaning Chief can't simply land a single shot in a weak point, and a Space Marine's loyalty means he would fight through unimaginable pain and combat in the name of the God-Emperor. Unless Chief has a handheld MAC cannon, he's not going to be able to pull out a victory.

One question: Are you serious!?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/41070/

H

Rawne1980:

SPARTANXIII:
Marines are tank bread

Wrong, so very wrong.

They are given body enhancements and extra organs and the gene seed in a tank but they are born to mummy's and daddy's just like everyone else.

They are normal folk that are chosen to be "enhanced" into genetically altered super soldiers.

Further more they are picked as children and go through incredibly tough trials and training to get a remote chance at being picked to join a chapter. Most of those picked don't survive, a lot get thrown back. Only a select few make it.

We won't even mention Grey Knights.

I've been reading 40k lore since 1987.

On Topic.

Tyranids would have the Zerg for breakfast .... literally.

This isn't just ANY OLD Spartan we are talking about though. Yall are missing the point. This is the Master Chief himself. I needn't mention the 100's of achievments (literally, he has been awarded every medal in military history except the Purple Heart).

Master Chief would kick any ol regular Space Marine's ass anyday of the week, and then hand it back to him with a grenade inside!

Asclepion:

Once again, stuff based on fools and regular soldiers. You're taking standing canon and saying that's that, without knowing just how much you're dealing with, or how fast or smart they are.

As my bio now states, I'm:
"The one Spartan defending the Blood Gulch Avenue against the 40,000 40K followers."

And truly, I wouldn't ask for a nobler death!

Ok look a Space marines pistols fire depleted uranium rounds(source a wiki). That is what their pistol does and this isn't taking into account the a Space marine has comparable if not equal or better reflexes than a Spartan not getting into Librarian which will fuck them up. Also you can't really out smart a Marine as they can go for days without sleep as they let different parts of their brain go to sleep. These aren't immobile, lumbering, people tank, idiots.

While they are not invincible they would have Samus and Master Chief for breakfast more often than not unless you want to pull plot armour and then why not just let Marines use Gabriel Angelos?

Also 'Nids would probably win as losses mean nothing to them.

These kinds of threads are dumb. Superman would beat them all without even thinking because his only weakness is kryptonite which doesn't exist in either of those universes.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked