Space Marine vs Master Chief and Zerg vs Tyranids
Space Marines would win and Tyranids would win
58.6% (242)
58.6% (242)
Space Marines would wiin and Zerg would win.
5.6% (23)
5.6% (23)
Master Chief would win and Tyranids would win
6.3% (26)
6.3% (26)
Master Chief would win and Zerg would win
10.7% (44)
10.7% (44)
Unsure.
1.2% (5)
1.2% (5)
I CAN COUNT TO POTATO!!
16.7% (69)
16.7% (69)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Master Chief vs Space Marine

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

GethBall:

And Garrus Vakarian would destroy them all.

Well obviously, unlike Master Chief, his weapons are always perfectly calibrated.

Chunga the Great:
[quote="SPARTANXIII" post="9.364184.14256514"][quote="Chunga the Great" post="9.364184.14256466"]

Um, I don't think you quite grasp how a Space Marine's life is. By the time they are 10, they are fully grown superhumans with an extra set of every organ.

Pffh Spartans are trained from the age of 6.

I'd love to see Chief go up against the Chapter Master of the Ultramarines. And seriously they thought the Zerg even stand a chance against the numberless horde of the great Devourer? The Tyranids would eat all the Zerg and use their bio material to evolve into even more lethal death machines. Was good for a laugh though.

Chunga the Great:

That may be true, but even IF Chief manages to get in a stab or two, Space Marines are damn-near invincible to all but the most extreme forms of damage. They have 2 of every vital organ, meaning Chief can't simply land a single shot in a weak point, and a Space Marine's loyalty means he would fight through unimaginable pain and combat in the name of the God-Emperor. Unless Chief has a handheld MAC cannon, he's not going to be able to pull out a victory.

With the night-on endless endurance a Spartan has, I think he's got the time to spare. Besides, if push came to shove, he'd try and trick them. From a simple trip up to making the Marine rip their own helmet off, ready for a sticky to the bonce, Spartan's have been enhanced and trained to think on their feet. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time they lit their entire Grenade Packs under an enemies chin!

Jaeke:

Rawne1980:

SPARTANXIII:
Marines are tank bread

Wrong, so very wrong.

They are given body enhancements and extra organs and the gene seed in a tank but they are born to mummy's and daddy's just like everyone else.

They are normal folk that are chosen to be "enhanced" into genetically altered super soldiers.

Further more they are picked as children and go through incredibly tough trials and training to get a remote chance at being picked to join a chapter. Most of those picked don't survive, a lot get thrown back. Only a select few make it.

We won't even mention Grey Knights.

I've been reading 40k lore since 1987.

On Topic.

A Space Marine wouldn't need to try.

Tyranids would have the Zerg for breakfast .... literally.

This isn't just ANY OLD Spartan we are talking about though. Yall are missing the point. This is the Master Chief himself. I needn't mention the 100's of achievments (literally, he has been awarded every medal in military history except the Purple Heart).

Master Chief would kick any ol regular Space Marine's ass anyday of the week, and then hand it back to him with a grenade inside!

SPARTANXIII:

Asclepion:

Once again, stuff based on fools and regular soldiers. You're taking standing canon and saying that's that, without knowing just how much you're dealing with, or how fast or smart they are.

As my bio now states, I'm:
"The one Spartan defending the Blood Gulch Avenue against the 40,000 40K followers."

And truly, I wouldn't ask for a nobler death!

I can't believe I'm getting involved in this but nope. There isn't a single weapon in any of the Halo games that could even stratch a Space Marine's power armor. A bolter is .75 caliber and uses explosive rounds and it takes several bolter rounds to go through power armor. Even the sniper rifle from Halo wouldn't go through. Also to that guy running around talking about how tactical Master Chief is you really know absolutely nothing about 40k. Space Marines are known for their masterful tactical skill and if you think the chief is fast enough to even hit one in melee then once again the space marine is multiple times faster than any human. In the Brothers of the Snake book a human onlooker is almost attacked by Dark Eldar (who are absurdly fast as well and specialize in fast mobile strikes) when a Space Marine gets inbetween them and kills all of the Dark Eldar. She describes it as if he stopped time and inserted himself there. The Master Chief would gladly accept his death as honorable then get shot by one bolter round and die.

Space Marine are poorly written because how perfect they are. So Spartans win, because they have flaws.

SPARTANXIII:

Chunga the Great:

That may be true, but even IF Chief manages to get in a stab or two, Space Marines are damn-near invincible to all but the most extreme forms of damage. They have 2 of every vital organ, meaning Chief can't simply land a single shot in a weak point, and a Space Marine's loyalty means he would fight through unimaginable pain and combat in the name of the God-Emperor. Unless Chief has a handheld MAC cannon, he's not going to be able to pull out a victory.

With the night-on endless endurance a Spartan has, I think he's got the time to spare. Besides, if push came to shove, he'd try and trick them. From a simple trip up to making the Marine rip their own helmet off, ready for a sticky to the bonce, Spartan's have been enhanced and trained to think on their feet. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time they lit their entire Grenade Packs under an enemies chin!

A Space Marine wouldn't get tricked like that. They are not stupid. They are geniuses by today's standard, and putting a Spartan in close combat with a Space Marine just stacks the odds in the Space Marines favor (even more than at range). They have reflexes not seen outside of our imaginations. Their entire lives are spent in combat, and they live for HUNDREDS of years! I think you need to read up more on Space Marines, because there is just no chance for Chief.

"Tactics" don't matter much when a Space Marine could stand there in his armor with comparable mass to a truck and brush off Halo's most powerful weapons.

Really. Marines are stronger, faster, and more agile than Master Chief already. Add invulnerability to that, where's the contest here?

And the Tyranids are like the Zerg, only faster, bigger, and better.

Jaeke:

Chunga the Great:
[quote="SPARTANXIII" post="9.364184.14256514"][quote="Chunga the Great" post="9.364184.14256466"]

Um, I don't think you quite grasp how a Space Marine's life is. By the time they are 10, they are fully grown superhumans with an extra set of every organ.

Okay, so 4 years (out of the hundreds Space Marines live for) is better than A DOUBLE OF EVERY SINGLE VITAL ORGAN? And that's WITH the extra gene-seed implants granted to them during their training.

SPARTANXIII:

Once again, stuff based on fools and regular soldiers. You're taking standing canon and saying that's that, without knowing just how much you're dealing with, or how fast or smart they are.

You think Plague Marines are regular soldiers?

What is this I don't even-

Please don't include Warhammer 40,000 in a vs. because everything is overpowered as fuck. If you are, make it a little more specific so we know everything about the fight and I mean everything. Weapons, location, terrain and etc. It's pointless arguing unless we know the terms of the fight.

Having said that, the Space Marine is favoured upon because it's basically a harder, better, faster and stronger Spartan. Okay maybe not faster but in the novels they're still fast. Did I mention they live for hundreds of years? This is why we need to know everything.

80Maxwell08:
I can't believe I'm getting involved in this but nope. There isn't a single weapon in any of the Halo games that could even stratch a Space Marine's power armor. A bolter is .75 caliber and uses explosive rounds and it takes several bolter rounds to go through power armor. Even the sniper rifle from Halo wouldn't go through. Also to that guy running around talking about how tactical Master Chief is you really know absolutely nothing about 40k. Space Marines are known for their masterful tactical skill and if you think the chief is fast enough to even hit one in melee then once again the space marine is multiple times faster than any human. In the Brothers of the Snake book a human onlooker is almost attacked by Dark Eldar (who are absurdly fast as well and specialize in fast mobile strikes) when a Space Marine gets inbetween them and kills all of the Dark Eldar. She describes it as if he stopped time and inserted himself there. The Master Chief would gladly accept his death as honorable then get shot by one bolter round and die.

Actually, there are several weapons in the Halo games that can reduce a Space Marine's armor to slag: Plasma Rifles. Plasma Pistols. Needlers (Needs a 20 Needle cluster). Fuel Rod Cannons. Brute Shots, Energy Swords, Spartan Laser, Gravity Hammers, Plasma Rifles, Rocket Launchers, Scarab Plasma Rifle, Gauss Warthog Cannon, ETC.

Also, the Master Chief could probably take 2 or 3 Bolter shots before he dies.

Furthermore, the alleged speed of a Space Marine is nothing more than imperial Propaganda and hectic memories from traumatized soldiers. In the actual SOURCE MATERIAL... compare a Space Marine's movement to that of a Tau Firewarrior squad or Imperial Guardsman squad's movement value. The Tabletop game itself is a more reliable source than some shitty hack-authored books.

Chunga the Great:
Okay, so 4 years (out of the hundreds Space Marines live for) is better than A DOUBLE OF EVERY SINGLE VITAL ORGAN? And that's WITH the extra gene-seed implants granted to them during their training.

Yes, it is. Because you only need any one of those organs to survive. And even if the Master Chief was only augmented after enlisting in his 20's (I disregard the books because they're stupid), he'd still kick a Space Marine's ass because he already has - The White-armored Covenent Elites and Lesser Brute Chieftains as portrayed on Legendary Difficulty are about on par with a Space Marine's ability in terms of damage and survivability, and we saw what the Master Chief did to those guys. We're talking about someone who can take down a huge, nigh-invulnerable walking-tank that not even the heaviest human ordinance could scratch, single-handedly.

Scow2:

80Maxwell08:

Actually, there are several weapons in the Halo games that can reduce a Space Marine's armor to slag: Plasma Rifles. Plasma Pistols. Needlers (Needs a 20 Needle cluster). Fuel Rod Cannons. Brute Shots, Energy Swords, Spartan Laser, Gravity Hammers, Plasma Rifles, Rocket Launchers, Scarab Plasma Rifle, Gauss Warthog Cannon, ETC.

Furthermore, the alleged speed of a Space Marine is nothing more than imperial Propaganda and hectic memories from traumatized soldiers. In the actual SOURCE MATERIAL... compare a Space Marine's movement to that of a Tau Firewarrior squad or Imperial Guardsman squad's movement value. The Tabletop game itself is a more reliable source than some shitty hack-authored books.

Well you don't know Dan Abnett but you apparently know some of the codexs. Also passing it off as propangda is just stupid. Also if you think any of those weapons could affect him once again you are wrong.

Scow2:

That's so a guy doesn't have to bring a whole suitcase full of miniatures to fight off some kid's ultramarine squad. GW would certainly like you to :3 , but they know that's too much even for people who buy $60 dollar plastic tanks.

But what if we apply that logic to Halo?

BOOK: Spartans perceive reality as being at about 1/5th speed.
GAME: Spartans have difficulty dodging even slow-moving missiles.

BOOK: Spartans can punch out tanks.
GAME: Flying bugs can also punch out tanks.

BOOK: Spartan armor is reactive metal liquid crystal covered by a recharging energy shield.
GAME: A spartan dies instantly from being hit by a jeep.

BOOK: Spartans can outrun cars.
GAME: Spartans have trouble outrunning ordinary soldiers.

BOOK: Spartans can lift about a ton.
GAME: Spartans effortlessly flip 50 ton tanks. In fact, they don't actually have to move their hands, so presumably they're telekinetic, too.

You know what, I give up. You all win!

But is it worth it? To know that all your heroes, all your Marines are nothing more than Mary Sue's with Metal attached?

For all your knowledge of their practices, their creations and their works, even if it DID get to the year 40,000, it still wouldn't happen!

A Spartan has flaws, has emotions (Even if they are repressed), has the ability to cock up. THAT still makes them human.

Your guys don't know proper defeat, don't know when to stop a war, don't know the real cost of war.

And that is why a Spartan would win. When they looked into the mirror, they'd see a soldier and a human being. A 40,000 character would just look a see a soldier....and nothing more.

And if that's false, then I'm sorry, but I've stopped caring now for any of your pro-invincible-military shit!

solaris32:
These kinds of threads are dumb. Superman would beat them all without even thinking because his only weakness is kryptonite which doesn't exist in either of those universes.

He is weak to magic too, which does exist in the 40k universe. Chaos Sorcerer > Superman.

80Maxwell08:

Well you don't know Dan Abnett but you apparently know some of the codexs. Also passing it off as propangda is just stupid. Also if you think any of those weapons could affect him once again you are wrong.

If I remember correctly, plasma guns in Warhammer 40k eat through Space Marine armor like a hot knife through butter, and the Covenent Equivalencies are just as good if not better than their 40k counterparts, providing a big "Fuck you" to that 3+ Armor save. And the Armor Piercing qualities of Rocket Launchers and Fuel Rod cannons (The latter of which are nastier than 40k's melta guns) make Space Marine armor a joke. The Brute Shot is also slightly more powerful than the Bolter shot-per-shot, though vastly inferior in terms of damage dealt over time.

Far too many Space Marines have died to Imperial Guardsmen with Plasma Guns and standard Tau Firewarriors to support the alleged impenetrability of Space Marine armor. And too many have been bogged down trying just to close the distance with my Firewarriors to justify their "Superhuman Speed"

Asclepion:
That's so a guy doesn't have to bring a whole suitcase full of miniatures to fight off someone's ultramarine squad. GW would certainly like you to :3 , but they know that's too much even for people who buy $60 dollar plastic tanks.

But what if we apply that logic to Halo?

BOOK: Spartans perceive reality as being at about 1/5th speed.
GAME: Spartans have difficulty dodging even slow-moving missiles.

BOOK: Spartans can punch out tanks.
GAME: Flying bugs can also punch out tanks.

BOOK: Spartan armor is reactive metal liquid crystal covered by a recharging energy shield.
GAME: A spartan dies instantly from being hit by a jeep.

BOOK: Spartans can outrun cars.
GAME: Spartans have trouble outrunning ordinary soldiers.

BOOK: Spartans can lift about a ton.
GAME: Spartans effortlessly flip 50 ton tanks. In fact, they don't actually have to move their hands, so presumably they're telekinetic, too.

Your former argument is answer enough about why the Space Marine fluff cannot be trusted, and is verifiably wrong - PEWPEWPEW.

I don't bother with the shitty Halo book fluff either - The game is the source of what they can do, and in the games, the Master Chief took out dozens of Elite Zealots and Brute Chieftains.

SPARTANXIII:

But is it worth it? To know that all your heroes, all your Marines are nothing more than Mary Sue's with Metal attached?

For all your knowledge of their practices, their creations and their works, even if it DID get to the year 40,000, it still wouldn't happen!

A Spartan has flaws, has emotions (Even if they are repressed), has the ability to cock up. THAT still makes them human.

Your guys don't know proper defeat, don't know when to stop a war, don't know the real cost of war.

And that is why a Spartan would win. When they looked into the mirror, they'd see a soldier and a human being. A 40,000 character would just look a see a soldier....and nothing more.

And if that's false, then I'm sorry, but I've stopped caring now for any of your pro-invincible-military shit!

Ah, so gracious in defeat.

Oh, I just noticed your username. Heh.

SPARTANXIII:

Did you seriously just say Space Marines were Mary Sues in defence of freaking Master Chief? Who for some reason weighs a ton but still jumps like he's on the moon. Also once again you prove you know absolutely nothing about 40k. Nothing at all. Do some research next time you jump into one of these.

I find it funny that the only person arguing so passionately in favour of Spartans is the guy with Spartan in his forum name.

Scow2:

80Maxwell08:

If I remember correctly, plasma guns in Warhammer 40k eat through Space Marine armor like a hot knife through butter, and the Covenent Equivalencies are just as good if not better than their 40k counterparts, providing a big "Fuck you" to that 3+ Armor save. And the Armor Piercing qualities of Rocket Launchers and Fuel Rod cannons (The latter of which are nastier than 40k's melta guns) make Space Marine armor a joke. The Brute Shot is also slightly more powerful than the Bolter shot-per-shot, though vastly inferior in terms of damage dealt over time.

Far too many Space Marines have died to Imperial Guardsmen with Plasma Guns and standard Tau Firewarriors to support the alleged impenetrability of Space Marine armor. And too many have been bogged down trying just to close the distance with my Firewarriors to justify their "Superhuman Speed"

So you play the game then? Well fine you know about that but all tech is not equal because of it's fuel or ammo. I still don't know why I'm here the fluff get's changed around so much by next time they might have wings (yes I know about Sanguinius) and breathe fire. It's ultimately pointless anyway since everything will just be changed around next time.

Scow2:

80Maxwell08:

Chunga the Great:

Yes, it is. Because you only need any one of those organs to survive. And even if the Master Chief was only augmented after enlisting in his 20's (I disregard the books because they're stupid), he'd still kick a Space Marine's ass because he already has - The White-armored Covenent Elites and Lesser Brute Chieftains as portrayed on Legendary Difficulty are about on par with a Space Marine's ability in terms of damage and survivability, and we saw what the Master Chief did to those guys. We're talking about someone who can take down a huge, nigh-invulnerable walking-tank that not even the heaviest human ordinance could scratch, single-handedly.

Heroic is the difficulty that best describes the strength of Halo's combatants, not Legendary. On Heroic, even Covenant Zealots pale in comparison to a Space Marine. And when you mentioned the Scarab Plasma Rifle, you didn't SERIOUSLY mean the easter egg from Halo 2, right? To say that is a "weapon of the Halo universe" is like saying the Admin Gun from CoD 4 is a "weapon employed in modern combat."

SPARTANXIII:

Exactly! Space Marines are WEAPONS. They are designed to be nothing more than super-soldiers because all that exists in Warhammer 40k is war!

Oh lawd, epic nerd fight.

Yeah, the Space Marine as part of the fucking ridiculous 40K universe would win. Same with Tyranids, no contest.

1: Weapons (usual armament)
Space Marine: .75 caliber, depleted uranium, explosive rockets (That's the PISTOL)

Master Chief: 7.62 NATO lead, maybe a .50 (also lead)

2: Experience/training
Space Marine: Taken at late childhood and trained. Once past trials (many chapters have the final exam fighting against a fully fledged space marine, being judged on how much they DON'T die), they become a Scout until they are physically able to handle power armor. Before being given power armor, they must prove themselves worthy. Usually a few decades. Most SMs live several hundred years old (the oldest almost 1,000). Augmentations... just read this http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Space_Marine#Implantation_of_Astartes_Organs

MC: Trained since 6, given augmentations in mid teenage years. Even with MJOLNIR mkVI armor, only as strong as an average Elite.

3: Armor
SM: Dreadnought armor can be stepped on by skyscraper-sized walkers and still function. Regular is unstated, but let's just say it's MJOLNIR + 30-40,000 years of development

MC: SM armor - 30-40,000 years of development

Scow2:

80Maxwell08:

"Furthermore, the alleged speed of a Space Marine is nothing more than imperial Propaganda and hectic memories from traumatized soldiers. In the actual SOURCE MATERIAL... compare a Space Marine's movement to that of a Tau Firewarrior squad or Imperial Guardsman squad's movement value. The Tabletop game itself is a more reliable source than some shitty hack-authored books"

That has to be the stupidest argument I've ever heard yet.

They go 6" to simulate being careful, watching for enemies, and other things soldiers do when moving through hostile terrain.

Weapons: You have to remember, SM armor can deal with that stuff's 40,000-years-in-the-future equivalent.

Master Chief to a Space Marine is a Redcoat to Master Chief with cheats enabled.

BTW, 40k is designed to be the most powerful sci-fi, so it's just updated to be bigger and better in a new codex if anything new shows up.

And this gentlemen, is why we keep Warhammer 40,000 out of vs. threads. Unless it's up against Starship Troopers from the book. Fanboy awaaaaaaaaayy...

Note that I still think a Spartan could have won under the right circumstances.

SPARTANXIII:
Oh yes, because the big guys with armour CLEARLY are superior!

Look, I've had the same argument before, but we came up with this theory:

Yes, a Space Marine could, in theory, wipe out a Spartan. However, where as the Marine is big and has powerful weaponry, a Spartan is much more tactful and Smarter than the Gamine appearences would seem. If you take the stuff from the books into this, they have sub-human speed and reflexes. By the time they've thought of dodging the chainsword, they're already 10 feet away and shooting back. Spartan's are nimbler, more tactical and lighter on their feet than a Space Marine.

Plus, another factor could be actual experiences for combat. Marines are tank bread while Spartan's were trained from an early age for all manner of combat in real world situations. The way to think about it then is the VR scenarios in MGS2 for the Marines: Vast amounts of Combat Training in realistic areas, but no real combat experience!

So, this may upset a whole lot of you, but I'm going with the Spartan. In pure combat, a Space Marine could kill them, but a Spartan would be too smart to fight them head-on to begin with. They'd sneak up on them, attach stickys to the Marines back and then when he's weakened, climb up onto his helmet and cut his neck!

As for the other choice....I flipped a coin, it said Zerg.

You'll gonna get a ton of replies but wth, I can reply as well. I'm by no means a warhammer 40k expert but space marines are so powerful it's retarded. Most of the chapters have recruting worlds, usually ones with harshest and deadliest enviornment, be it extremely hostile wildlife or hub worlds filled with gangs and criminals. At the time of the recruitment, candidates are already the hardest and the most experienced warriors that planet has to offer. Then they get upgraded to the point where they aren't really human anymore. You think they are space marines now? Oh no, that only means they can get to serve as scouts for the true SM. There, for years they earn experience fighting everything that galaxy usually throws at the empire, you know, old gods, demons, psychers. Only then the best will be given their famous shiny armor.

And honsetly, reflexes? Lore-wise they have lightning fast reflexes combined with inhuman strenght. They don't have to sleep, their blood works as a first aid kit, their sweat can protect them from vacuum (lol). Mortally wounded they can hibernate for months or years even so that they can wait for rescue. Oh, and they are practically immortal, with many seniored space marines serving for hundreds of years, doing nothing but battle.

God, their standard issue bolter guns are machineguns that shoot small rockets instead of bullets, and this is *standard issue* weapon.

Spartans, as badass as they are, are just defensless compared to riddiculously overpowered world of WH40k

Chunga the Great:

Jaeke:

Chunga the Great:

Yup.

From Halo Nation:
"At only fourteen years old, it is said that John had a body of an eighteen-year old Olympic athlete; the augmentation process gave the Spartans faster reflexes, greater strength, enhanced eyesight, and made their bones nearly unbreakable. Following their augmentation procedures, John and the other Spartans were transferred to the Atlas in order to recover in a microgravity environment. During his first visit to the Atlas' gym, John was confronted by four ODSTs, whose sergeant then ordered the five of them into the boxing ring. In the ensuing fight, John killed two of the ODSTs, and left the others severely injured, an incident which quickly blossomed into major resentment for the whole SPARTAN program throughout the Marine Corps."

Considering that most space marines of any kind have borrowed a great deal from 40k, I am pretty sure that 40k anything wins.
Space Marines > Terrans/Spartans/Gears of War/etc.
Tyranids > Zerg/Flood/Locusts/etc.

I love Halo, but it's entire universe would be casually annihilated by the Space Marines.

This amounts to the Superman vs Goku question where one is clearly ooverpowered to the point of riducluousness.

Space Marines by default.

boredhooman:

BTW, 40k is designed to be the most powerful sci-fi, so it's just updated to be bigger and better in a new codex if anything new shows up.

The Culture would rip the fuck out of the 40k universe in a war. As would the Xeelee, the Downstreamers, Andromeda, the Isaac Asimov Foundation, etc.

But the Culture wouldn't fight- they'd probably be fascinated by the 40k races in the same way a 10-year-old is fascinated with anthills. :D

Jaeke:

Chunga the Great:

Jaeke:

Yup.

From Halo Nation:
"At only fourteen years old, it is said that John had a body of an eighteen-year old Olympic athlete; the augmentation process gave the Spartans faster reflexes, greater strength, enhanced eyesight, and made their bones nearly unbreakable. Following their augmentation procedures, John and the other Spartans were transferred to the Atlas in order to recover in a microgravity environment. During his first visit to the Atlas' gym, John was confronted by four ODSTs, whose sergeant then ordered the five of them into the boxing ring. In the ensuing fight, John killed two of the ODSTs, and left the others severely injured, an incident which quickly blossomed into major resentment for the whole SPARTAN program throughout the Marine Corps."

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Space_Marine#Space_Marine_Recruitment

Read it, THEN tell me a Spartan has harsher training. Hell, that's just Recruitment, not even the actual training.

SPARTANXIII:

I may as well take a stab at this. Your "Seeing a soldier in the mirror" thing is completely correct. They see soldiers, because that's what they are; Soldiers. If the Imperium wasn't at war, then they wouldn't exist. Same goes for the Spartans. Marines also can "cock up" so to speak, but that generally makes the difference between victory, or crushing defeat. Same goes for Spartans. Our Marines are mary-sues? Takes some to know some!
God damn, I just ripped that healed wound right open, didn't I...?

Okay, look. Any argument involving 40k in a "who would win" Is immediately void and null. The reason for this is that the lore and gameplay are so segregated that each races codex reads closer to propaganda then something that could actually happen in game. Seriously, an example right from the Tau codex, from last time I played anyway. A single tau ethereal in the story killed hundreds of orks, in close combat, with a ceremonial sword. You want to know how often that happens in game? NEVER.

It comes down to a "who are we going to believe?" issue in 40k lore, because according to themselves, everyone is an unstoppable army.

On a personal note, if the space marines were as awesome as they said they were, my little tau army wouldn't have rocked their ballz off on a regular basis.

boredhooman:
1: Weapons (usual armament)
Space Marine: .75 caliber, depleted uranium, explosive rockets (That's the PISTOL)

Master Chief: 7.62 NATO lead, maybe a .50 (also lead)

2: Experience/training
Space Marine: Taken at late childhood and trained. Once past trials (many chapters have the final exam fighting against a fully fledged space marine, being judged on how much they DON'T die), they become a Scout until they are physically able to handle power armor. Before being given power armor, they must prove themselves worthy. Usually a few decades. Most SMs live several hundred years old (the oldest almost 1,000). Augmentations... just read this http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Space_Marine#Implantation_of_Astartes_Organs

MC: Trained since 6, given augmentations in mid teenage years. Even with MJOLNIR mkVI armor, only as strong as an average Elite.

3: Armor
SM: Dreadnought armor can be stepped on by skyscraper-sized walkers and still function. Regular is unstated, but let's just say it's MJOLNIR + 30-40,000 years of development

MC: SM armor - 30-40,000 years of development

So the Master Chief's gear is shit. That's been confirmed. Hell, the Master Chief's gear is shitty in his own goddamn universe (On par with a Blue-armored, rank-and-file Elite). And yet, he mows down Zealots, Honor Guard, and Brute Chieftains, who would give even the Space Marines a run for their money in terms of Kicking Ass and Taking Names.

No, UNSC weapons (Which are Depleted Uranium or a better material, not Lead) aren't effective against Space Marines (Except the goddamn pistol, and Anti-Material Rifle, which are stupidly powerful and precise), but the Rocket Launcher (On par with the 41st millenium's due to the Dark Age), and ALL covenent weapons, from the Grunt's plasma Pistol to the Brute Chieftan's Gravity Hammer or Elite Honor Guard's Energy Sword would eat through Space Marine armor like it's nothing. Plasma weapons say "Fuck your 3+ Armor Save".

Scow2:

80Maxwell08:

"Furthermore, the alleged speed of a Space Marine is nothing more than imperial Propaganda and hectic memories from traumatized soldiers. In the actual SOURCE MATERIAL... compare a Space Marine's movement to that of a Tau Firewarrior squad or Imperial Guardsman squad's movement value. The Tabletop game itself is a more reliable source than some shitty hack-authored books"

That has to be the stupidest argument I've ever heard yet.

They go 6" to simulate being careful, watching for enemies, and other things soldiers do when moving through hostile terrain.[/quote]If they were as fast and alert as they're reported to be, then they would STILL have a much faster speed than 6". Otherwise, they're as dumb as the "Day of Victory" Killer Android army Lopez made in Red Vs. Blue.

Weapons: You have to remember, SM armor can deal with that stuff's 40,000-years-in-the-future equivalent.

However, the 41st Millenium's in a notable Dark Age: We currently have tech that far surpasses that 41st-millenium bullshit today.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked