Dark Souls - PC Port confirmed!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

gmaverick019:

RedEyesBlackGamer:
I wonder how they will make the PC port as good as the original version. Properly designing combat for a keyboard and mouse will be very challenging. I recommend just plugging in a PS3 controller.

joking aside, i've played both demon/dark souls, and i don't see why keyboard mouse would be a problem?

OT: Can't wait, I signed that petition and you bet your sweet ass my 60 bucks is gonna be thrown down for it.

The controls just seem so tightly designed for a controller. And From Soft's last PC port was horrendous from what I've heard.

HALLELUJAH! PC MASTER RACE UP IN THIS BITCH!

DustyDrB:
I'm (mostly) a console gamer here. To all you PC gamers:

Cant wait for this shit. Gonna play some Dark Souls with all those extra frames to keep me company.

That sounds pretty cool. Hope it doesn't end up being a shitty port.

AnythingOutstanding:

Kahunaburger:

AnythingOutstanding:
Good job, PC crybabies. You've officially wasted From Software's time on a game they've already made and on a game that PC gamers will find too consolized and dumbed down to enjoy anyway.

A good game for a platform that will like it isn't a waste of time :)

They'll hate it because it is too consolized for them.

There's no chance it will live up to the PC game standard of games like Deus Ex, Europa Universalis or Dwarf Fortress without remaking the game from the ground up.

I had a feeling you were being sarcastic in your last post but you kinda lost it by the end. This post leaves no room for doubt. I will allow myself to laugh. hahaha. ok thats enough

Yay a good game on another plaftorm. Everyone is happy.

RIGHT?

Stilt:

Zhukov:
Eh, too late.

I got the PS3 version and it was decidedly "meh".

Boring and repetitive combat, stupid checkpoint placement, respawning enemies and it looks like shit. Grey sludge layered on grey sludge. Although there was that one time I saw some green sludge. Made my day.

I'm just glad I got a used copy. If it had been full price I would have been pissed.

Try playing it again when you're an adult, I think you will like it better. Also cilantro, girls, and blackjack

Thats an awful post. Dont post anymore.

TheKasp:
The spoiled release date is August, the developer also adds some new bosses.

As a huge fan of Dark Souls and spending more hours on it than Skyrim, that saddens me.
However I reckon they'll release it as DLC since they're going to announce something soon.

Nice! And on the same month as my birthday!

LOL at the system fanboys arguing. How come it's such a bad thing that people who don't own the same console can enjoy the same game?

I wonder if anyone reads these advertising captchas, if so then they wont like what i just wrote there..

I am most concerned about the controls. I am not sure how it will work with a keyboard and mouse configuration.

I am very interested in the mods that will be released though. Later on down the line when I have a better PC I might get it on there. I've played the poo out of the PS3 version, but the mods may make a 2nd purchase worth it.

Wont be getting it, but it`s still a good thing that it`s coming to PC. Congrats to anyone who help make this happen.

totally heterosexual:

Stilt:

Zhukov:
Eh, too late.

I got the PS3 version and it was decidedly "meh".

Boring and repetitive combat, stupid checkpoint placement, respawning enemies and it looks like shit. Grey sludge layered on grey sludge. Although there was that one time I saw some green sludge. Made my day.

I'm just glad I got a used copy. If it had been full price I would have been pissed.

Try playing it again when you're an adult, I think you will like it better. Also cilantro, girls, and blackjack

Thats an awful post. Dont post anymore.

Aww dont go too hard on him, hes just a kid. He'll learn to like dark souls one day so lets not all gang up on him

Oh my, this is awesome, day one buyer, fo' sho'.

How does it make me feel? Merry happy joy joy.

Ever since I found a way of not having to resort to the silly XBOX controller (which is basically just a reverse-engineered PS3-controller, re-assembled upside down and randomly wrong), gaming on PC has started feeling fresh again, very much like being treated to the deluxe experience of your average console fare.

While I can't imagine Dark Souls to be too much fun with a keyboard & mouse combo, I am looking forward to go at it with my much-loved rumblepad.

I just hope they make use of the extra CPU/GPU power and don't mess up the controls.

As a console gamer I'm not pissed that it's being ported to PC. I'm pissed because they're adding more stuff that I'm not getting. I bought the game OwO don't I get credit for that?

Meh, still kind of annoyed by this, mostly because I know that if I did the same thing to try and get a console port of a PC exclusive (Like Amnesia or S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) it would never work and I'd just be told to "Buy a PC."

ImmortalDrifter:
As a console gamer I'm not pissed that it's being ported to PC. I'm pissed because they're adding more stuff that I'm not getting. I bought the game OwO don't I get credit for that?

This too. I hope they add those extra bosses to the console version in a future patch.

Adam Jensen:
It was pretty much confirmed a while back when PC Gamer magazine had that "YOU DIED" picture from Dark Souls. I hope it's a nightmare. I need a challenging game to keep me occupied for longer.

I hope it sells well. After that petition it better sell. If not, it can reflect badly on all PC titles in the future. It needs to sell at least as many copies as there were signatures in that petition. Otherwise we're all screwed. And now I'm actually worried.

Well, I didn't sign the petition and I'm going to buy it, so that's one less person you need to be worried about.

I have a feeling this will get pirated more then purchased. I always thought it was PC only anyway. If its on xbox I might go get it.

To the haters: I'm going to buy the game on PC, despite owning it on console, because I want to support the developers and because it will be massively fun on PC.

It will be pirated, yes, but I absolutely think that it will be purchased by a metric shit-ton of people.

I'D JUMP FOR JOY...sadly it'll just be another game my computer will not be able to handle.

I still remember the waste of five dollars Metro2033 was on sale. Not because it's bad, on the contrary, it's possibly my favorite shooter of all time, but because anything more detailed than a blank wall made the framerate shit itself.

And yet I can play TF2 and HL2 on highest settings with minimal to no lag whatsoever...

Trippy Turtle:
I have a feeling this will get pirated more then purchased. I always thought it was PC only anyway. If its on xbox I might go get it.

It's on 360 and PS3.

Good job, PC crybabies. You've officially wasted From Software's time on a game they've already made and on a game that PC gamers will find too consolized and dumbed down to enjoy anyway.

I mean, it's not like they have King's Field V they should be working on. No no...

This position sounds soooo familiar. Where have I heard this before?

Or was this just a clear jab at people complaining about the ME3 ending when the argument that changing the ME3 ending would be unproductive?

Or was it a combination of both?

Or was the OP actually not doing this in a satirical context?

Anyway, On topic.. Fuck yeah! Though I hold in my excitement until more details about the port emerge and what it is going to offer. Hopefully higher resolution capacity because 1280x720 on the PS3 looks like sphincter under florescent light.

I look forward to it.

In the meantime enjoy TW2, consolebros.

If nothing else, here's one important thing to keep in mind:

From Software has only worked on two PC titles. One of which I think was an outsourced port. And From Software is notoriously bad at designing UIs. AND given how the online play works, you're probably going to be limited to steamworks. That's best case scenario.

What I'm getting at is that the UI is not going to be well designed for PCs. And this isn't something you can just mod away because it might block access to the online portion. With From Software's inexperience with dealing with the PC platform, they might not make the exception like, say, Bethesda might. If it doesn't, chances are there will be rampant hackers.

totally heterosexual:
Yay a good game on another plaftorm. Everyone is happy.

RIGHT?

It's like you've forgotten you're on the interwebz.

OT: SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Where the fuck is this "I don't know how it will work on keyboard+mouse" talk coming from?

Not psyched about the actual game all that much, but I'll probably buy it.

Finally!

Now someone just needs to release a Mod that makes this game easier, and we'll be all set.

Just a helpful hint. I swear.

Make sure you go to New Londo ruins first.

I would much rather have heard Rockstar made a Red Dead Redemption PC port.

Dark Souls will stay on my PS3 only.

Hammeroj:
Where the fuck is this "I don't know how it will work on keyboard+mouse" talk coming from?

The basic gameplay requires consistent use of four primary buttons that are in the same headspace as each other.

A mouse usually only goes up to three buttons. Putting any of those functions on the keyboard will be extremely awkward.

It's not going to work as well as a controller, but I don't mind that so much since you can plug in a controller and you're good to go.

That's great news! I always wanted to play it but only could for not even an hour at a friend's PS3 once.
Let's hope that they'll make a decent PC port.

Welp, there goes my free time.

Also, for those wondering it says: The rock-hard console-RPG finally conquers your pc.

kayisking:
Welp, there goes my free time.

Also, for those wondering it says: The rock-hard console-RPG finally conquers your pc.

As far as PC games go, the difficulty is below average. Just that the COD kiddies think that actually having to think for once makes the game nightmarishly hard.

AnythingOutstanding:

Hammeroj:

The basic gameplay requires consistent use of four primary buttons that are in the same headspace as each other.

A mouse usually only goes up to three buttons. Putting any of those functions on the keyboard will be extremely awkward.

It's not going to work as well as a controller, but I don't mind that so much since you can plug in a controller and you're good to go.

Q,E,R,T,F,Z,X,C,V,1,2,3,4,5,Space,Shift,Alt,Tab,Control[1]. Don't see where the problem is.

I don't see what could possibly be awkward about not putting every single action up on the mouse. Have you played, like, any RPG on the PC? Or even a shooter?

[1] These aren't hard to reach.

yeah but i bet when it is released everyone will complain about it being a shitty console port -__-

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked