Recommend me some XBLA games

Ok So I just bought Super Meat Boy and some DLCs for Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Ace Combat 6 as well as a few avatar items. I still got 1600 Microsoft points left so could anybody recommend some games?

1000x Castle Crashers.

Love that game. I would recommend more, but that's really the only title I've gotten from XBLA.

Fleetfiend:
1000x Castle Crashers.

Love that game. I would recommend more, but that's really the only title I've gotten from XBLA.

agreed with this, also have you tried I Am Alive? it's...different, I tried the trial and liked it, just haven't unlocked the full version yet

Fleetfiend:
1000x Castle Crashers.

that is a good one.

you know what else is? Scott Pilgram.

T.E.C 3001 in the indie section.

it costs, like $2.

Buy it.

savageoblivi0n:

agreed with this, also have you tried I Am Alive? it's...different, I tried the trial and liked it, just haven't unlocked the full version yet

Not yet, haha but I have a friend that bought it and I really want to try it out.

Fleetfiend:
1000x Castle Crashers.

Nah I already beat it at a friends house. I was the Blue knight. He was the Red.

PunkyMcGee:
Scott Pilgram.

Yeah I was thinking about that...

Anything else?

Hydrophobia is only 400 points right now... Is it good?

Solo-Wing:

PunkyMcGee:
Scott Pilgram.

Anything else?

Scott *Pilgrim!

I would heartily recommend that game as well, especially if you have some friends to play some local co-op with.

I only played the trial of Hydrophobia, but it didn't particularly interest me. It seemed to be similar to a Laura Croft type of series, except with very well done water physics.

Bastion is a fantastic RPG-esque game. Sexiest Narrator ever.

If you like Diablo-esque games and don't play Diablo Torchlight is a pretty good game of that type.

If you liked the Metal Slug series and want more of it except more anime style Hard Corps:Uprising is a pretty fun romp, even has online co-op. :3

As mentioned before T.E.C 3001 is a fun Pepsi-Man like game, except faster and with a robot.

Toy Soldiers and the sequel to Toy Soldiers (I think it's called Cold War? Not entirely sure) is a pretty interesting take on what I suppose can be called Tower Defense, check it and see if you like it.

Have fun gaming. :D

Solo-Wing:

Fleetfiend:
1000x Castle Crashers.

Nah I already beat it at a friends house. I was the Blue knight. He was the Red.

Dude, Castle Crashers is a great game because of it's replayability! It's one of the funnest Co-Op games you can get on the Xbox 360. If you have three friends over, this is the game to play. If you're looking for something more singleplayer based though, give it a pass.

Limbo, fun simple puzzle game but hard a lot of the times.
Lilomilo, another fun puzzle type game, they're also adorable.
Gotham City Impostures, fun and funny fps. Try the demo first you get an hour of free play before you pay. They also have a free dlc out.

Crazy Taxi. You'll want to find the original soundtrack though, the HD remake soundtrack is horrible.

Stop everything and get Shadow Complex.

Another opportunity to show off my massive hard on for Braid? Yay! It's a brilliant game with fantastic puzzles and beautiful visuals and music. It's expensive but well worth the price. My favourite ever XBLA game.

I also second Bastion and Scott Pilgrim. Bastion is just as gorgeous as Braid and is a pretty fun Diablo-esque dungeon crawling RPG with a sexy sexy voice over telling the story. Scott Pilgrim is a genre of game I don't usually like but I found it pretty fun, but like the other games I mentioned here the main draw of it is aesthetic. Perfectly executed in every single way, even in ways you wouldn't expect.

Nouw:

Solo-Wing:

Fleetfiend:
1000x Castle Crashers.

Dude, Castle Crashers is a great game because of it's replayability! It's one of the funnest Co-Op games you can get on the Xbox 360. If you have three friends over, this is the game to play. If you're looking for something more singleplayer based though, give it a pass.

Yeah I want Single Player. That is what I am going for.

So I bought Scott pilgrim but I am finding it a bit hard and a meh. I loved the movie but the game is not doing it for me :/

Still got 800 Points plus might be picking up another 1400 Point card soon.

So anything else?

Solo-Wing:

Fleetfiend:
1000x Castle Crashers.

PunkyMcGee:
Scott Pilgram.

Anything else?

Hydrophobia is very meh, it really depends on if you want an underwater Tomb Raider kind of game with poor combat mechanics but with some very impressive and somewhat fun to play with water.

Metal Slug 3 is for 400 points now although that deal will end soon.
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 is 800 points
Doritos Crash Course is free and it is actually a fun game

But to be honest I would just wait and check the deals of the weak, the Arcade games take to long to drop prices so most of the good ones are still the same price of when they launched.

Hard corps uprising: think contra with the art of blazblue
outland: the platformers ikaruga
and castle chashers

if you don't mind fighters then i recommend street fighter 3 third strike and the port of king of fighters 2002UM

Well you can't go wrong with Doom II :P.

XBLA is awesome, I play more of those games than big budget releases. I'd recommend;

Banjo Kazooie/Tooie
Bastion
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Braid
Carcassone
Costume Quest
Any of the Deathspanks
Defence Grid
Doom
Earthworm Jim HD
From Dust
Guardian Heroes
Half Minute Hero
Ilomilo
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Lara Croft: Guardian of Light
Limbo
Either of the Monkey Islands
Peggle
Perfect Dark
Shadow Complex
Stacking
Torchlight
Either of the Toy Soldiers
Trials HD
Worms
Zeno Clash

These are all a matter of taste though. Best advice is to try out the trials. Most give you a pretty good idea of what the full game is like.

savageoblivi0n:

Fleetfiend:
1000x Castle Crashers.

It gets real annoying later on. Too many armed enemies results in having to use the gun way more than you have the ammunition for.

As for my recommendations, a few things come to mind

Alan wake's american nightmare

Practically a must have if you loved the original, and even then, damn good. The story's pretty short, but the arcade action mode is surprisingly addictive.

Orcs must die is pretty fun, but it gets really tough later on. Expect to have to play the same level multiple times.

Of course, you could just save it, and wait for minecraft in a few weeks.

I've actually also got 800 points burning a hole in my account. I was thinking of getting 400 more points and buying trenche-er, I mean Iron brigade. God, I can't believe the UK release was delayed so long because of a f***ing name...Any other suggestions?

Bastion, great game and great soundtrack good replay value

Stacking, Costume Quest, Iron Brigade , all double fine games so cute in style, first one has good puzzles, next is a fun little turn based rpg, and last very fun tower defence game with good online coop

From Dust - world builder sort of but controlling the elements is great fun and the reactions from the environment are great to watch every time, also accidentally burning down the map with too much lava is always fun

Alan Wake's American nightmare - great action and a must if you played and liked the main one, not too long but very satisfying story and the arcade action is nicely done

Deathspank - all 3 fun hack and slash rpg lite games with a great sense of humour

Ilomilo, winterbottom - both are good puzzle games if you are looking for something that's just solo, first one may make you die of cuteness, second good time mechanics and nothing is so hard you will get stuck and abandon it

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked