Black Ops 2 reveal set for April 28th

Pages 1 2 NEXT

An image was leaked on the Call of Duty forum which was taken down, but has been preserved and spread around the web. Here's a link to an article with said image.

http://mp1st.com/2012/04/07/black-ops-2-logo-allegedly-leaked-including-debut-trailer-release-date/?utm_source

Whether it's real or not is to be speculated, but I believe it's real if it was taken down from the forums. What is interesting is that April 28th, 2010 was the day the first Black Ops teaser was released. I think that we will get the sequel's official reveal on the 2 year anniversary.

I, for one, am pretty damn giddy. Yes, I am a hardcore Call of Duty player and have played every single one of the games released for Playstation consoles. I am still very loyal to the series (feel free to take some shots at me for that if you must). I especially loved Black Ops and I am very much looking forward to the sequel. All signs have been pointing to a sequel.

As is the case with Call of Duty, the first teaser trailer reveals something about the plot of the campaign. What does the community here think will be the main setting of the game? Will it take place after Black Ops, sometime within the Black Ops story line? Will it follow Mason, Weaver, and Hudson? Will there be new leads to the story? Feel free to speculate.

I hope it still takes place during the Cold War and that it either uses MW3's engine or a new one.

Now to sit back and wait for all the mindless CoD bashing this thread will inevitably become.

If this turns out to be true (which it probably is considering it was taken down), then the main thing I'm curious about is...zombies. And whether or not Kevin Sherwood and Elena Siegman will be returning to make songs for it.

I just want a Black Ops that plays like Modern Warfare 2, also zombies, lots and lots and lots and lots of zombies

Well...

let's see if Treyarch is up to the task of making this one good, mixing zombies, enemy survival mode a la MW3, & hopefully some decent map design, along with a good campaign that actually paces itself & remembers it's called BLACK ops.

TephlonPrice:
Well...

let's see if Treyarch is up to the task of making this one good, mixing zombies, enemy survival mode a la MW3, & hopefully some decent map design, along with a good campaign that actually paces itself & remembers it's called BLACK ops.

Are you even aware of what a Black Op is? A deniable operation and Black Ops had a fair few of them.

imahobbit4062:

TephlonPrice:
Well...

Are you even aware of what a Black Op is? A deniable operation and Black Ops had a fair few of them.

I understand what Black ops are, it's just that there's times where some of this shit really couldn't be considered deniable in some cases & would make someone start asking "how did my aircraft carrier mysteriously explode"? But yeah, I kinda screwed up on that statement.

Off the record: does anyone want to have controllable vehicles again? World at War at least let you control a tank & remember reading that COD4 (or MW2) originally intended to have flyable aircraft (attack copters). Considering COD's high-speed gunfight tradition, being able to control tanks would be something good at least. Black Ops had a sequence with an attack chopper; it would be fun to get in a Hind-D attack chopper & lay waste to RC-XD users while RPG-7 users moan in fear of the flying tank.

Meh...... I will not be buying anymore CoD games due to this

"Same Game, Different Name" (see the irony)

I will likely be playing Assassins Creed 3 when this is released anyway.

TephlonPrice:

imahobbit4062:

TephlonPrice:
Well...

I understand what Black ops are, it's just that there's times where some of this shit really couldn't be considered deniable in some cases & would make someone start asking "how did my aircraft carrier mysteriously explode"? But yeah, I kinda screwed up on that statement.

Off the record: does anyone want to have controllable vehicles again? World at War at least let you control a tank & remember reading that COD4 (or MW2) originally intended to have flyable aircraft (attack copters). Considering COD's high-speed gunfight tradition, being able to control tanks would be something good at least. Black Ops had a sequence with an attack chopper; it would be fun to get in a Hind-D attack chopper & lay waste to RC-XD users while RPG-7 users moan in fear of the flying tank.

I agree that a fair bit of it wouldn't of been deniable (especially when they were mostly using American made weapons in some of them, the fuck?)

I want missions like CoD3 had, such as the jeep missions where you are put into a large open level and must tackle numerous objectives, whilst using the jeep to cross the large landscapes. Call Of Duty 3 had a lot of great ideas.

I have no emotions towards this one. I only picked up MW3 because it was dirt cheap for like one day and I just wanted to see how Makarov would die. If he died. No spoilers. Wink wink.

ChupathingyX:
zombies. And whether or not Kevin Sherwood and Elena Siegman will be returning to make songs for it.

I Hope so, their soundtracks made to some awesome battles on Kino.... Ahh good times.

If it features both of these, then im getting it.

All I need from Treyarch is some solid zombie action, I don't care about anything else....just GIVE ME MOAR ZOMBIEZ!

Black Ops was the only CoD title i've ever bought. I fought it was a fun and simple shooter. I used to hate on CoD as much as the next guy before I played it. Now I don't see what the fuss is about. Action movies don't get nearly as much hate as this series. Sure, it's simple mindless fun but that doesn't mean it does any harm to the industry. There will still always be a market for more complex and niche games.

No.

There is no way I am getting hyped for this. I have faith in Treyarch, but they will probably be forced to go with the whole pointstreak system, which kills the game for me.

TephlonPrice:

imahobbit4062:

TephlonPrice:
Well...

Black Ops had the gunship (11 killstreak).

imahobbit4062:

TephlonPrice:
Well...

Just barely. COD4 had more black ops than Black Ops did

I just want them to bring back Weaver and Hudson.

Oh, and customizable lens reticules. I want my pink heart-shaped lens reticule back!

What i really want is a new engine and a continuation of Masons story. campaign is my favourite part

Hazy992:

imahobbit4062:

TephlonPrice:
Well...

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
No.

There is no way I am getting hyped for this. I have faith in Treyarch, but they will probably be forced to go with the whole pointstreak system, which kills the game for me.

TephlonPrice:

imahobbit4062:

There was also the Huey gunship at 9 kills and a controllable RC car and the Valkyrie rocket which is player controlled like a predator missile.

Oh, a new Call of Duty is rumored to be talked about by some big shots on the 28th? Pardon me if I don't care. I'll be at the Avacyn Restored prerelease.

ash-brewster:

Hazy992:

imahobbit4062:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
No.

TephlonPrice:

There was also the Huey gunship at 9 kills and a controllable RC car and the Valkyrie rocket which is player controlled like a predator missile.

Yeah but the gunship was the only really big thing you could control. Hot wheels and nerfed predators need not apply.

imahobbit4062:
I hope it still takes place during the Cold War and that it either uses MW3's engine or a new one.

Now to sit back and wait for all the mindless CoD bashing this thread will inevitably become.

Isn't MW3's engine just a meh version of CoD 4's?

Can we stop using the word "leaked" please? Nothing is ever 'leaked', it's just a planned marketing ploy.

Also, it just sounds dirty. Like someone is going to the toilet.

Besides, why is this such a suprise? Another call of duty is coming out a year after the last one? STOP THE PRESSES!

I'm just trying to work out precisely when new Call of Duty 'announcements' became such a farce.

Didn't think they would ever think of A BlOps sequel. Oh wait. We all did. Its going to use an even further optimised version of the Quake 3 engine just like they have for all of the other games. Except it won't even be the most up to date modification of the engine seeing as Treyarch have branched off the engine from the CoD4 version and not done much with it. Getting sick of the lack of development and progress with games like this. CoD2 was great because it was innovation. CoD4 was great because it was innovation. Now all we get is stagnation.

Release Date : April 29 xD

idarkphoenixi:

Besides, why is this such a suprise? Another call of duty is coming out a year after the last one? STOP THE PRESSES!

Yeah, It is pretty obvious that every year a new COD will be released.

$60 for a map pack? Do we at least get some anachronistic weapon attachments?

That picture is so generic I could've photoshopped it.

And I don't even own photoshop.

I played through all the modern warfare games stories, but Black Ops is the only one I've ever owned. And to be honest I like it better. Yea, the story is like an 80s action flick, but thats not necessarily a bad thing. Also the multiplayer unlocks were a million times better. You had the cash for something? You just buy it. You don't need to use a gun that you don't like for X amount of kills before you unlock the next scope or gun (LOOKING AT YOU BATTLEFIELD 3).

Also zombies. That mode is so fun with friends. And the 4 characters and persistant backstory with the levels is clever and entertaining.

They're good mindless fun as far as shooters go, but really...unless it does something original (like a map editor or more in-depth survival oriented zombie mode) then its not worth picking up the yearly CoD.

well I do hope Treyarch does something new with the COD franchise even though Activision doesn't want them to do it.

Bleh...I'll just do like I have for the past 2 MW releases and PASS!

Oh, so by another name, Call of Duty 2012 then. Not interested.

A copy and paste piece of shit

Like every other CoD

Does anyone even care at this point? Didn't we have enough of the same old CoD every year? Shouldn't people look forward to CS: GO, Far Cry 3 and some other shooters? Especially since Far Cry 3 MP looks EXACTLY like CoD and it has a single player set in a free roaming environment full of wild people and even wilder animals and they all wanna kill you. I genuinely wanna know why people still care about CoD? How does it still sell? It's incredible.

Cool.

I, for one, actually enjoyed Black Ops.

It was probably one of the last good CoD games that reminded me of where the series went after WaW.

Kinda glad to have Treyarc back making a CoD game. Black Ops was fun. Haven't enjoyed a IW CoD since CoD4.

A new Call of Duty game?

In all seriousness though, WaW was the last great COD game and every game after WaW was a giant step backwards.

WaW had big maps and tanks. What more could you want?

Sooner or later people will get sick of COD and move to the next big thing.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked