Rpg'ers that can't find the time to play IRL anymore

Hello escapists, I created this thread for those gamers who can't find the time to go over to someone's house or the game store to get a good pen and paper game going, I and a few other like-minded escapists have been hankering to have a good game over the Internet, but we need more people. Currently, we have three players, and one DM. This "group" would not just be playing DnD, but will be playing others as well, namely: the fallout PNP RPG. I am looking for players who can role play, but can have fun as well. You do not need to know everything about playing the game in question, but do need a knowledge of how RPGs work in general.

We will be playing once per week, and will need someone who can keep to that relatively well. You will also need a microphone, and be willing to use online programs to play the game. The program in question will be "maptools". We are looking to have a lot of fun, and we hope to have you gaming with us soon!

Obviously if you have any questions or comments, that's what the thread is for!

Oh and exuse how I write please, I am doing this on an IPad.

The Rin avatar has me sold, and I do play tabletops with my friends sometimes.
Unfortunately, I live on a farm, have a shitty internet connection, have a shitty computer, and have no microphone/webcam.
So, I guess I'll be there in spirit. Not really.

werty10089:
SNIP.

Sadness :( I guess we will have to practice satan's favourite game without you...

Purtabo:
snip

Thread moved to Gaming Discussion, since the Roleplaying forum is mainly for forum roleplays.

OT: I've always wanted to play DnD, but I'm not great at remembering a lot of rules, and I do tend to get a bit silly. Are newbies welcome to watch a game to see how it works? And would I need my own dice if I joined in? =P

If you guys start playing Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu let me know, my group for the Tatters of the King gameplay fell through ;~;

sky14kemea:
Are newbies welcome to watch a game to see how it works? And would I need my own dice if I joined in? =P

1. Of course! we were all new at one point, and youll get used to the rules eventually.

2. Dice? we don't need dice where we're going! With maptools, we just key in the dice, so no you don't.

Purtabo:

sky14kemea:
Are newbies welcome to watch a game to see how it works? And would I need my own dice if I joined in? =P

1. Of course! we were all new at one point, and youll get used to the rules eventually.

2. Dice? we don't need dice where we're going! With maptools, we just key in the dice, so no you don't.

Coolio! :0 What day are you planning on doing these games? And what time? (preferably in GMT, but I can convert it if you don't know. =P)

sky14kemea:

Purtabo:

sky14kemea:

Coolio! :0 What day are you planning on doing these games? And what time? (preferably in GMT, but I can convert it if you don't know. =P)

most likely it would either be friday or tuesday nights, and we would be prob playing at something like 6:00 EST (negotiable) :)

Purtabo:

sky14kemea:

Purtabo:

most likely it would either be friday or tuesday nights, and we would be prob playing at something like 6:00 EST (negotiable) :)

That's about 11pm my time, which I'm okay with for as long as I'm unemployed. (If I get a job I might have to drop out depending on what days I'd work).

How do you guys play? Over Skype, or some other program?

sky14kemea:
Over Skype, or some other program?

most likely skype, but we might transition into teamspeak as skype has some grevious issues...

Purtabo:

sky14kemea:
Over Skype, or some other program?

most likely skype, but we might transition into teamspeak as skype has some grevious issues...

I have both! :D That works for me then.

I've played DnD occasionally but never had the time to really sit down and play it. I'd like to join. I have Skype and can get sorted for teamspeak is needed. I know my Tuesday nights are pretty quiets, Friday's can vary.

I'd need someone to help me get used to playing online and help me get used to the programs used. I've only played online once sadly. =(

I play D&D every week, and I actually tend to prefer playing D&D to playing a PC RPG.

For a number of reasons, one because D&D gives you true freedom of your imagination and because D&D is more of a social activity then simply a game you play.

If you want to get into D&D just start actively seeking a group. Go to your nearest Pen and Paper gameshop and ask around there. You can also buy the players handbook to a game that you like (Such as D&D) and read it. It'll tell you all the rules you'll need to know.

I'm up for it, and the time works for me. Any spots left? A friend proposed playing a Fallout-based game a few years back, but we never got around to it.

DeadYorick:
I play D&D every week, and I actually tend to prefer playing D&D to playing a PC RPG.

For a number of reasons, one because D&D gives you true freedom of your imagination and because D&D is more of a social activity then simply a game you play.

If you want to get into D&D just start actively seeking a group. Go to your nearest Pen and Paper gameshop and ask around there. You can also buy the players handbook to a game that you like (Such as D&D) and read it. It'll tell you all the rules you'll need to know.

We are playing D&D... on the internet...

Purtabo:
just grabbing a quote so you see this

What edition of DnD will it be? (I'm honestly surprised this hasn't been asked yet.)

I'd love to do some D&D online! I don't have teamspeak or anything, but I do have a mic. 6 EST, Friday/Tuesday? That, I MAY have an issue with, as my work schedule literally changes every week. Which Edition of D&D? I have the DMG and PH for 1e AD&D-4e, although I've only actually played 3.5 and 4e.

If I had a mic, I'd be all for this. Unfortunately, I don't have the money. Good luck in your search, anyway.

I would love to play, but I lost all of my sourcebooks. Every single one of them: Paranoia, DnD, CoC, Pathfinder and more(about a thousand dollars worth). I'm working on rebuilding the collection right now, but all I have in terms of rulebooks are Mistborn, Call of Cthulu and the first 2 player handbooks for DnD 4e.

Simskiller:

Purtabo:
just grabbing a quote so you see this

What edition of DnD will it be? (I'm honestly surprised this hasn't been asked yet.)

we will be playing 4e.

THREAD IS CURRENTLY CLOSED. ALL AVAILABLE POSITIONS HAVE BEEN FILLED.
Thanks for your time! If we need more players in the future, I will post a new thread. Thanks.

How experienced is the DM?
How long do the sessions last?
What exactly do you mean by role-play, is living into your character enforced and to what extent?
Feel free to ignore any or all questions.

Also, 3.5e and Pathfinder SRDs have been online for like... forever, so nobody has a good reason to pass them up.

Purtabo:
THREAD IS CURRENTLY CLOSED. ALL AVAILABLE POSITIONS HAVE BEEN FILLED.
Thanks for your time! If we need more players in the future, I will post a new thread. Thanks.

Aw when you said 4e my interest was peaked tenfold as I have a character generator for that :(.

Too many games to play irl at the moment. Hope you guys kill some gnolls for me!

Damn, it appears I got here too late. I wish you luck, and I'll gladly join if you ever need more players.

I do Warhammer 40,000 is that counts, but thats stragety not rpg
Ive always wanted to try DnD but i dont know anyone atall in my area (or in any area) that does it

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked