71.3% (114)
71.3% (114)
About the same
17.5% (28)
17.5% (28)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Which is more humiliating?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Which do you find more humiliating in multi-player matches?
Getting owned and trash-talked by a little kid (3-13) or a senior citizen (65->)

Meh, a seinor has age and wisdom on their side, that doesn't really bother me. Kids on the other end...ugh.

Definitely the old geezer. I halfway expect kinds to be semi-decent at video games or at least have a knack for it, but I expect old people to look at their hands more often than the screen and run into walls. Dx

Getting owned doesn't bother me, it's when the kids think they are the fucking greatest thing on earth for killing you with a quickscope in a Call Of Duty match. Part of the reason I only play co-op now.

imahobbit4062:
Getting owned doesn't bother me, it's when the kids think they are the fucking greatest thing on earth for killing you with a quickscope in a Call Of Duty match. Part of the reason I only play co-op now.

Pretty much this, but not limited to just kids though. Anyone who thinks they're the greatest at life because the managed to kill me makes annoyed and the primary reason why I dislike online multiplayer. It just happens it's always kids.

yRar_972:

imahobbit4062:

Pretty much this, but not limited to just kids though. Anyone who thinks they're the greatest at life because the managed to kill me makes annoyed and the primary reason why I dislike online multiplayer. It just happens it's always kids.

I've ran into a few older guys who act like that but it never really bothered me, they stop after a while. Kids on the other hand never shut the fuck up about it because they managed to land a quickscope shot with their retarded looking gold sniper rifle.
Even worse, one of my mates turned into this person, I have to deal with this shit whenever I'm at his house.

I've found that old people tend to act more like people my age when playing against them in multiplayer, in that they'll call you every name you didn't know existed because it went out of favor when they were just kids, but it's just trash talk. Younger players would love nothing more than to disembowel you for killing them in a game and I would keep pointy objects away from them.

Edit: Oh, right, the poll...I'd rather be pwned by an old person, because their victory taunts are more amusing.

probably old geezer, anyone that i personally know over the age of 35ish has...absolutely abysmal hand skills when it comes to video games of any kind. not to mention they always pull the "heh, gettin beat by an old timer when i haven't played since that summer of 72'? pathetic"

(that happens with sports and shit, it gets really annoying to me when they constantly grieve about it, so i would think the same applies to video games if an older geezer actually beat me at one.)

young kids generally are either laughable or have been playing twitch games since they could pick up a controller, so there are plenty of them that are better than me at some games. (know a couple kids who did MLG COD/halo 3, they smoked me decent enough, although they weren't asshats about it so i didn't mind in the slightest.)

More annoying to be killed by a little brat. Personally I can't stand their screeches, it drives me crazy, so whenever they get a kill it's horrible to listen to them

I honestly don't see why either would be humiliating.

Humiliating? Nah.

But bloody annoying if whoever owned you is an immature git, no matter their age. Actually, why should their age have any impact on how "humiliated" you feel?

Being caught playing cod multiplayer.

Other then that, being screamed at by an old guy and some punk kid sounds kinda equally humiliating.

I find the kid more annoying than humiliating. Older people I am usually happy to see in games. The older they are, the better an indicator that, well, most anyone at all can enjoy games.
But the kids? Most every one I run into is a foul-mouthed racist, homophobic 7-12 year old with a voice too high-pitched for human hearing. Yeah, it's embarrassing to lose to that.

Humiliating? Not really. In the anonymous, faceless world of online gaming, there's really no reason to be humiliated.

Now annoyed, that's a whole other feeling entirely.

imahobbit4062:
G

=HCFS=Discoman:

But the kids? Most every one I run into is a foul-mouthed racist, homophobic 7-12 year old with a voice too high-pitched for human hearing. Yeah, it's embarrassing to lose to that.

ditto

Older people may have more skill and might tend to be less annoying. I don't see why it should be any more humiliating to be beaten by one of them than someone my age.

I vote for annoying little homophobic racist brat who think they're great.
I love being a griefer sometimes, just switch teams and corner trap them, either they stay and rage, or are forced to suicide. This video pretty much sums up how i piss off little these little brats.

Pretty much the kids seeing how that will boost their ego, at least with the older person it would be impressive that he or she can actually killed you.

You dang rapscallions! Get off my server!

In all seriousness, there's nothing that isn't annoying about little kids. Their voices are annoying, the fact that their parents buy them games like GTA and then turn around and complain that such games are turning their children violent, and yeah: ever last one of the little fuckers thinks they're the coolest person in the room and as such have to overcompensate WAY too much to try and impress those who have actually gone through puberty...but in the end they just show how immature they are.

So yeah, can't say that it's ever happened to me, but I'd imagine I'd be more pissed off with myself for losing to someone's obnoxious little scrotum-brat than I would be to losing towards some old guy. In truth if I was playing against a senior citizen that wiped the floor with me, I'd be much more impressed and give him proper respect rather than be humiliated by it.

I don't think any of it is humiliating. I don't take games serious enough.

The only thing that I find hilarious about it is listening to some folks try and insult you. About as offensive as a pair of nuns knickers.

Well, if it's an old dude for all you know he knows how to fight in a real war and could kick your ass in any theatre, so that's not so humiliating.

I don't know many 12 year olds who can handle an assault rifle...

Most of the time I have my mic turned off, I don't really speak and have everyone on mute.

GOOD LUCK TRASH TALKING ME, BITCHES.

If it's some old guy/gal, they earned it. They can do as they will, and with my congratulations.

Some punk kid screetching into the mic about how much he's gonna pwn you and how u uz hax?

Sock full of nickels.

Depends on the game.

Being thrashed across town by the elderly when playing a game that depends mostly on fine-motor control and hand-to-eye coordination is clearly more humiliating than having them kick your ass at Civilisation X.

Likewise being tabled playing Chess by a twelve-year-old is clearly a more embarrassing event than being mercilessly served by the same child during a game of Halo.

Jean Hag:
I vote for annoying little homophobic racist brat who think they're great.
I love being a griefer sometimes, just switch teams and corner trap them, either they stay and rage, or are forced to suicide. This video pretty much sums up how i piss off little these little brats.

Erm... the fuck was that guy's character wearing? He looked like some kind of punk/chav reject...

OT: The kid, definitely. I bow to the wisdom of an older generation.

Old guys who play FPS will fuck you up. No joke. Don't mess with them.

Neither is humiliating.

I fully realize that other people online can be superior at gaming despite my 25 years of experience. Doesn't matter if they're young, old, or have a mental handicap.

Wait, why would either of those be humiliating? For starters it would require me to actually give a shit if I win/loose or even how well I do. I play them to have fun and none of that comes into the equation at all.

Kids minds while immature and definitely more responsive than someone who is even as young as 25.
Get used to it guys its only going to get worse from here.

Humiliating? Eh... neither really.

Although I would be pretty suprised and actually pleased if a senior beat me.

edit

The little kid, definitely. They make you want to reach through your mike and strangle them painfully. The old dude would at least be a gracious winner.

The kid, but really I just feel humiliated on his behalf, for acting like a complete twat.

I don't play online, but I would think that the punk-ass kid would be more... nauseating anyway.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked