That one game in your backlog that you will most likely never play through?

Pages PREV 1 2

Dead Space 2.

Too many things to get to first, and to be honest, I'm not all that hyped about it. It's not a bad game, but there are plenty of others that I'm more interested in.

The Stalker games, Anno 2070, LA Noire (PC), the Dead Space games....think that's all.

Doubt i'll get any of them done before Diablo 3 hits.

Valkyrie Profile 2

I can't handle the amount of grinding this game demands. Just can't

Mass Effect

I bought it because it was in the 5€ pile at my local store and I'd heard some good things about it, but I got bored not even an hour in.

There's also the fact that it's for the PC, with incredibly clunky controls and an absolute pain to install. With my laptop having just recently been repaired, I REALLY don't feel like going through that tedious install process again, so I'll probably never give it another shot.

I feel like not much was lost, really. From a couple videos I've seen since, it doesn't look like my kind of game. Thank god I only squandered 5€ on it. Probably one of my only gaming purchases I truly regret.

A relatively obscure title called Baroque.

Interesting history this game has: It first debuted on the Saturn in first-person (Japan only), was ported to the PS1 with that same style, remade for the PS2 in third-person and then finally appeared on the Wii in America about 4 years ago.

It's a Roguelike JRPG that combines Christian mythology with cyberpunk aesthetics, and the only way to progress the plot is to die. Really, really fucking weird.

The combat is also obtuse as hell, so it's really hard to stick with. I'd really love to be able to finish it, because it's experimental as all living fuck and I love that kinda shit, especially in my JRPGs, but alas, no.

Norrdicus:
Valkyrie Profile 2

I can't handle the amount of grinding this game demands. Just can't

Tri-Ace games don't exactly have a history of being pushovers, but I heard that one specifically require on par or even more grinding than the Disgaea series.

So far it would 5 way tie between

Front Mission 4
Suikodeon III
The Mark of Kri
Lost Odyssey
Persona 3:FES

I really wanna beat these games but I can't remember what I'm at in the game or I'm stuck.

pride of nations.. a little grand strategy game where you play as one of the world powers from 1850-1920.. in all honesty i dont think any human being could complete it.. 5-10 minutes to complete each turn, around 2-3 minutes for the computer players to have their turn and the clincher.. 1680 turns

Too bad that you are skipping Dark Souls. I can't describe enough what a fine piece of gaming this is. But I'm sure you know it well since you played Demon's Souls.
Mine game would most probably be..ehmm, excuse me, let me take a look for one moment at my gigantic backlog...
We have a winner: Elder Scrolls V!

Most recently? LA Noire.

The interrogation system is nonsensical, every single character I've met is a complete cunt, the writing's not particularly good, some of the acting is absolutely dire, whoever was directing the actors obviously didn't have a very good grasp on things (they start shouting some lines for no real reason, then go back to normal again) and it's really bloody ugly.

I think I almost reached the end of the traffic desk.

Bleh. After several goes at it, I realise I have absolutely no desire to trudge through it.

It's not even noir.

Elder scroles 5: Skyrim, It was like Oblivion just Boring, unlike Fallout, which is a lot more fun.

my copy of Final Fantasy 8 sits on my shelf, poor and neglected :(

Jack and Calumon:
Hello Saint's Row: The Third.

Honestly, I don't know why, but just looking at this game make me think of how much I really don't want to play it. It feels boring, despite being about silliness. The missions feel stringed together nonsense with cinematics loosely tying them together. The game is also really technically unimpressive, with objects a few feet in front of me noticeably fading in. I don't notice it in GTAIV or Just Cause 2, and those games look way better than this one and I'm pretty sure the maps are bigger and more complex too.

Oh and the fact that they don't really have the part in the game where you work from the bottom. That is a crime as those parts where you must scrape together all your pennies just to get a new clip for your gun, where you need to shakedown a hobo just so you can guarantee you can eat tomorrow, those parts are the best damn parts in open world and sandbox games. I loved being piss poor in Fallout and having to struggle to even kill raiders, but once I've got my enormous power armour and Gatling Laser with enough ammo to execute half of china, I get bored of fighting very quickly. To remove the struggles at the beginning of the game and just give the players a UAV Predator Missile Drone to rain fiery ordinance down on everything is just lazy and boring.

Oh, and the Police AI is shit. I survived for an hour on max wanted level by sitting in a boat just blasting people to kingdom come. Boring.

Calumon: Games are too hand. Why can't they make controllers that aren't bigger than me! : (

Not to meantion the god damn game has really nothing to do with the other Saints Row games, and they made it just to be accessible to newbs, be "WACKY AND SILLY AND DIF'RENT TO GTA!!!!", and they committed the greatest atrocity of all in the second mission cutscene... *ahem* Sorry, just...that game can get me annoyed fast.

OT: Assassin's Creed, why oh why must my friends love you so? Why can't I just find what they do in it, and actually enjoy it?

One game? I have several! But I will put down my top 3:

- Alan Wake's American Nightmare. Played a bit of it, liked it enough to buy Alan Wake again. Played through that, completed it, but never went onto American Nightmare and not exactly sure why.

- Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. I've just completed the last part where you have to collect all the seed things in the Shadow World section thing. I liked the game, but in no way was it the best Zelda like loads of critics were saying (that would be Twilight Princess for me. Midna was the best companion in a Zelda game, and I kinda dig the dark feel of the game). Just haven't been compelled to play it again.

- Dragon Age 2. Found it cheap, bought it, played 5 hours, and haven't been back on it since. Couldn't use the combat very well (I swear I'm missing something though - I can't get a combo move with 2 characters on any enemy. I swear using the team individually is the wrong way to do things). I like the game, but have been replaying Skyrim instead, and having too much fun with that.

The Battle for Middle-earth II for PC and Nier for the PS3, just to name a few. Come to think of it, most of the games I own are in my backlog...

leet_x1337:
Gundemonium Recollection.

Because it is so incredibly hard that I don't even have words for it.

This is on "normal" mode. I'm not even this good at it.

That game.... looks awesome. O.o

OT: Most of the games in my backlog I really WANT to complete, and plan on doing it eventually, but I just dunno if I actually will. The two that come to mind are Devil May Cry 3 and The Last Remnant. Like both of the games, but I am just not good enough for DMC3 and I just don't have any motivation to return to TLR.

Zelda II: Adventure of Link. i've tried twice to play it but i just can't stick with it.

Saints Row 3. I bought it under the assumption that I would like Saints Row 2, which came with it for free. I played that for about three or four hours and absolutely loathed everything about it from the graphics, controls, lack of direction, and general tone of the story. So Saints Row 3, which is suppose to be slightly worse than 2, feels like an utter waste of my time. Probably never going to play it, especially since I'm so consumed in Rocksmith and started Skyrim.

Super Meat Boy. Don't have the patience. Too tough.

Easy: Grand Theft Auto IV. It's a good game, I enjoy it, but even once I get past the tutorials in nearly every mission, the fact that I can't save whenever I want makes me really mad when I fail a hard mission (a certain motorcycle chase along a certain river bank springs to mind). That usually makes me stop playing for a while, and when I come back, I want to start over.

And Little Caesars can kiss my ass.

Alpha Protocol

I want to like this game, I really do. I bought it back in February of '11, and I've been meaning to finish it ever since. But I just can't.

The game is a pretty bad console port, and it shows. The controls are clunky at the best of times, and it's often bad enough that I can't play the game for more than an hour or so at a time before giving up in frustration.

The game feels like a bad Metal Gear Solid knock-off, except with a much less likable main character. Mike Thorton's lines are goddamn awful, and the delivery of them is incredibly cringe-worthy - which is pretty immersion-breaking since the rest of the voice actors seem to have done alright.

This game has so much potential... I just don't think I'm ever going to be able to finish it. If I want my stealth-based espionage fix, there are plenty of much more playable games out there.

Please forgive me, Obsidian! I tried!

distortedreality:
The Stalker games, Anno 2070, LA Noire (PC), the Dead Space games....think that's all.

Doubt i'll get any of them done before Diablo 3 hits.

I have the same problem, I have some games that I need to finish, but Diablo 3 is coming out soon.

The Saboteur and Dungeon Siege 3 will most likely not see the outside world from there cases any time soon.

Austin Howe:
A relatively obscure title called Baroque.

Interesting history this game has: It first debuted on the Saturn in first-person (Japan only), was ported to the PS1 with that same style, remade for the PS2 in third-person and then finally appeared on the Wii in America about 4 years ago.

It's a Roguelike JRPG that combines Christian mythology with cyberpunk aesthetics, and the only way to progress the plot is to die. Really, really fucking weird.

The combat is also obtuse as hell, so it's really hard to stick with. I'd really love to be able to finish it, because it's experimental as all living fuck and I love that kinda shit, especially in my JRPGs, but alas, no.

I bought baroque (for wii) as well, and I've tried to get into it a couple of times. It's obtuse, with zero hand holding, and the world and its citizens are totally screwed up. I had to read a couple of guides just to see what I'm supposed to do. I liked the combat a lot though, with fully realized weapons that have unique graphical effects and all types of weirdness.

I'm actually surprised by all of the responses of FFVII. I played through it recently on my PS3 and didn't get turned off by the graphics, as it still looks better than 90% of whats on N64 and PS1, especially the battle rendering (you know, where cloud and all of them actually look 'realistic' versus that bloated cartoony look they have on the maps).

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked