Why did so many people have issues with the Capra demon?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Dark Souls question, but it still holds. The bloody thing could never down my stamina bar, and I always made sure to dodge roll out of the way of its strong attack. It was rather silly, really.

Was it that I was playing on a dex based character? Did I get lucky?

I'm honestly curious, he seemed like a pushover. o.o Any insight?

Edit: Can I have a jalapeno? :D

I have no idea, then again I went the wrong way and ended up killing the Moonlight butterfly and the Stray Demon before I knew that this guy even EXISTED.

THOSE FUCKING DOGS

But seriously, the dogs would pin me down and I couldn't even roll away so I was just a little sitting duck ;~;

Once I kind of figured out the layout of the room (2 deaths) I owned him. He isn't much cop once you get his doggies down.

I think a lot of people might of missed the shortcut to the first bonfire and so they were running and having to kill those six thieves and dogs over and over. I can imagine how that could be frustrating.

But yeah the boss itself wasn't tough at all for me (Sorceress) I expected it to be because of not much room to move but I was fine.

I wouldn't say he's the most difficult boss in the game, but he can be tricky for most players that have no idea what they're in for. Really the only hard part in my opinion is taking out the dogs so they don't harass you the entire fight.

Well the limited room didn't help . And it depends how used to the game you are at that point . Remember not everyone plays the same . Some have low stam , some low health , some low both . I personally never dodged ( EVER) . People have different playstyles. Some played demons souls and knew what to expect , some didn't . Some were higher levels than others . Theres so many different factors .

I was a bandit ( worst class ever) using the gorgoyle axe ( worst weapon ever). I did have trouble with it a bit , but thank goodness i had high life and endurance.

The fucking dogs with their stunlocking antics. He's really easy once they're out of the way.
That, and the bad camera angles. =.="

The dogs...and then the inevitable poisoning if you weren't careful. And then the Capra Demon would corner you, and then the camera would fuck itself and you couldn't see a thing. He wasn't hard if you could just tank damage but fuck, I gave up on playing as a caster at that point.
Dogs, poor camera and tight space. The boss itself wasn't hard, but the design choices made it hard

They just throw you into the fight and they are right there. he is not across the screen and walking towards you in a intimindating manner. Even though you might have reflexes like a jungle cat, the rest of us want a couple of seconds to figure out what the hell is going on.

the boss and the dogs are easy if you use the steps, what made that boss hard is that they attack you assoon as you enter so you have no chance to think up a plan

Well. Nobody told me that this was the first boss who you could block the attacks of. When I realized that it made fighting him a lot easier.

It's the dogs that made the Capra Demon a nightmare. I always try to run or dodge my way past 'em, then walk over to the tiny ledge and finish everything off at my leisure. But the confined quarters and the fact that the Capra Demon's blades are huge in addition to the demon himself being quick as lightning - dodging is easier said than done.

He's a cheap boss, but a few drop-attacks soon fixes his wagon. :)

The dogs... The fahking dogs man! They just lock you down for the big ass Demon Sword Ownage Move to destroy you.

Once the dogs are dead you can just attack the guy, drop off the stairs, run round and do it again 'til he's dead no problem.

The dogs man. The dogs.

Those damn dogs! If you don't dodge/kill them in the first few seconds you're screwed, at least for my thief/wanderer characters. The boss is easy as hell though, one aural decoy and a few headshots and he's done.

For many gamers, the Capra demon was the gateway boss that divided (forgive my corniness) the men from the boys. This was the one point many gamers gave up, but those who defeated him went on to beat the game.

I'd say out of all the boss fight, fatman and little boy had to be the worst...lol

The entire fight is decided in the first few seconds. You walk in for the first tiem and take your first look at him then the dogs pin you down and he kills you.
If you surive those first few seconds when he lunges then he is pretty easy but for someone who isn't sure what to do it can be frustrating as you are killed before being able to analyse him, it took me a few deathes just to notice the dogs and the staircase.

Because he instantly fucking bum-rushes you and has demon dogs looking to rape you.
Once you know the layout he's easy though.

Capra was easy once the dogs die. I just ran up the steps and plunge attacked him 3 times in a row. I didn't even know it was a boss people were having a hard time with. Im still stuck on the gaping dragon, got 2 npcs killed and haven't gotten around to fighting it again.

Nomanslander:
For many gamers, the Capra demon was the gateway boss that divided (forgive my corniness) the men from the boys. This was the one point many gamers gave up, but those who defeated him went on to beat the game.

I'd say out of all the boss fight, fatman and little boy had to be the worst...lol

Oh good god, I hated Ornstein and Smough. Those two would have had even the Dalai Lama chewing his controller in frustration. But I'm glad I stuck with it though, taking them down was seriously satisfying to the point where I couldn't help but shout a rather jubilent "fuck yeah!"

Mind you, the Four Kings were almost as bad.

I had no trouble. The first time i saw him, I died, but since then I have always beated him.

Now the Four Kings... that is bullshit, especially if you are not a straight up warrior.

I think my main problem was the size of the damn room you're in. IT'S TINY! I need my space to move back and judge the situation, and get out of his way. This way, you're just thrown in and have to start fighting before you know anything about the room itself or he attack patterns.

It's all about the dogs. If you kill the dogs, the fight is over.

Its a small room with stunlocking dogs. The demon is a chump if you can avoid his attacks/block them but it doesnt give you much room for failure if you do mess up. The boss isnt hard overall just very unforgiving, more so than many other bosses because the room is so damn small once he gets going its difficult to get back on your feet (not literally but you know what I mean).

I have to concur it was the dogs. My low stamina high strength knight certainly had problems evading and disposing of them quick enough at the first few tries, but I did kill him eventually.

Ornstein and Smough were not too hard, took me three tries (1st one I died, second one I let myself being summoned, and on the third try, I summoned two helpers and killed them with relative ease).

If any boss is too troubling, that was basically what I did do: let myself be summoned until I learned what to do, then, depending on how difficult I found the boss to be, recruiting a little help in addition to the knowledge.

I played a Dex character too, and I had trouble. The damn dogs, combined with the camera and the narrow space made it very hard to play it Dex, and instead had to stand my ground, which is something that back then I simply couldn't do too well.

Enter room
Not able to see what's behind the fog gate
Charged by a huge demon and his two puppies
Tiny area
Death

That's what I hated. Once I checked some tactics it got easy as hell, but the first few times the fight didn't last for more than a few seconds.

because he has a large range and its a small room, coupled with the two dogs and the fact that on earlier patches he could move while you where still moving through the fog gate ment if you where even a fraction two slow he pinned you then you got ravaged by dogs, he was infuriating.

any boss where the camera can fuck you over shouldnt be allowed either

I got killed the first time in a couple of seconds due to all the dogs piling on me, and then the boss himself coming in for a 2-handed overhead swing. Ouch.

After that attempt it was easy though, if you kill off the dogs while running up the stairs and dropping down to keep him chasing you at a distance, it's becomes simple when it's a 1 vs 1.

I guess the difficulty is having multiple enemies in a tiny enclosed area, with no time for you to learn his attack patterns before he's using them to bisect you.

(If this fight is hard because of a tiny arena, surely bosses with large arenas would be easy? Oh wait, FOUR KINGS. Damn them.)

OniaPL:
I had no trouble. The first time i saw him, I died, but since then I have always beated him.

Now the Four Kings... that is bullshit, especially if you are not a straight up warrior.

Tesral:
I got killed the first time in a couple of seconds due to all the dogs piling on me, and then the boss himself coming in for a 2-handed overhead swing. Ouch.

After that attempt it was easy though, if you kill off the dogs while running up the stairs and dropping down to keep him chasing you at a distance, it's becomes simple when it's a 1 vs 1.

I guess the difficulty is having multiple enemies in a tiny enclosed area, with no time for you to learn his attack patterns before he's using them to bisect you.

(If this fight is hard because of a tiny arena, surely bosses with large arenas would be easy? Oh wait, FOUR KINGS. Damn them.)

The difference in difficulty people have with certain bosses in Dark Souls still fascinates me. I thought the Capra Demon was pretty damn tough, but I beat the Four Kings on my first try, and not with a straight up warrior either.

well you had about 12 seconds to win the fight, if the dogs weren't dead by then you were pretty much dead

I think its more that the people who didnt play demons souls have issues with the Capra Demon and those who did play it dont have issues. They are just not used to having to fight like that. Its also that different playstyles make different bosses easier and harder.

Tight room, two quick little mooks, and a boss with a decently powered hit. People have trouble working out how to respond to that when their characters are underequipped and underpowered. He's usually the first really nasty, unavoidable surprise of the game. The Taurus Demon is a big lumbering oaf by comparison.

Probably the dogs. When I first started playing the game I thought the dogs were the hardest part and if you try to fight all three in that little space at the bottom it can be difficult. When I realized there were stairs there and I could basicly bottleneck them taking out the dogs was easy. Then I just had to figure out the capra demon which isnt to hard if you have a good shield or are good at dodging

Zahri:
Dark Souls question, but it still holds. The bloody thing could never down my stamina bar, and I always made sure to dodge roll out of the way of its strong attack. It was rather silly, really.

Was it that I was playing on a dex based character? Did I get lucky?

I'm honestly curious, he seemed like a pushover. o.o Any insight?

Edit: Can I have a jalapeno? :D

Because he's an absolute bitch that is impossible to fight without using glitches?

Stand your ground: get stunned and killed
Dodge his strong attack: killed by his minions
Try to kill his minions: get stunned and killed

He's fine once you use the glitch to take out his wolves from afar. Well not fine, he's still a pain in the ass but it's doable.

Yosharian:

Because he's an absolute bitch that is impossible to fight without using glitches?

Stand your ground: get stunned and killed
Dodge his strong attack: killed by his minions
Try to kill his minions: get stunned and killed

He's fine once you use the glitch to take out his wolves from afar. Well not fine, he's still a pain in the ass but it's doable.

Now now, its ok to just admit that you are bad at the game.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked