EA is at it again

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Lunar Templar:

Hazy992:

I mean this is so blatantly obvious it's laughable. Why are they doing this? They'd get the signatures regardless but this just delegitimises their campaign. It's like EA go out of their way to be hated and ridiculed.

they clearly take wining that 'worse company' award very seirusly and are getting a head start on next year, going for two in a row from the looks of things :D

Clever! They must really like golden poo :P

Can some1 explain to me the details of this petition? Was it a 3rd party making it or was it EA self making a customer survey what is going on?

I know it is the whole "for the love" thing from the Bioware forums and more power to them tbh. But what else?

Also can some1 explain to me what EA would benefit from this petition having more signatures?
If it is a customer survey you are scewing your own data. If it is a 3rd party then you are trying to affect your own policies.

There must be some factor I dont see.

Dandark:
So what have they been doing, I can't really tell from the pics.
From what I can tell they have been using spam bots to make votes for their petitions? What did they do it on? More info would be nice.

Going with the assumption that they did indeed use spam bots to get votes for their petitions then I can't even say I am surprised. EA just keep doing stuff like this, it's as if they think it's a contest or something.

Pretty much this. All I can make out is that spam bots are involved. I don't know what the petition was for or any other details. Although this does raise concerns about the legitimacy of online petitions. Also can't say that this makes me want to start buying EA published games again.

canadamus_prime:

Dandark:
From what I can tell they have been using spam bots to make votes for their petitions? What did they do it on? More info would be nice.

Going with the assumption that they did indeed use spam bots to get votes for their petitions then I can't even say I am surprised. EA just keep doing stuff like this, it's as if they think it's a contest or something.

Pretty much this. All I can make out is that spam bots are involved. I don't know what the petition was for or any other details. Although this does raise concerns about the legitimacy of online petitions. Also can't say that this makes me want to start buying EA published games again.

It took me awhile to, but, from what I can garner from the posts on the thread, this is a petition that urges EA and company to not cave into anti-homosexual demands to remove homosexuality from their Bioware games. So, assuming this is their bots, this is essentially the equivalent of a standing President stuffing the Ballot Box with their votes for themselves.

I agree with 'Peter from Saudi Arabia' and 'Rick from Pakistan'.

'Steve from Yemen' also had some very valid points.

worldruler8:

canadamus_prime:

Dandark:

It took me awhile to, but, from what I can garner from the posts on the thread, this is a petition that urges EA and company to not cave into anti-homosexual demands to remove homosexuality from their Bioware games. So, assuming this is their bots, this is essentially the equivalent of a standing President stuffing the Ballot Box with their votes for themselves.

Ah Ok. Well I applaud them for not caving to political whack-jock lobby groups, I have to wonder why the hell they felt the need to resort to such a tactic instead of just flat out saying "No." Doing this only serves to make them look disreputable and underhanded. ...well more disreputable and underhanded than then they already are anyway.

canadamus_prime:

worldruler8:

canadamus_prime:

Ah Ok. Well I applaud them for not caving to political whack-jock lobby groups, I have to wonder why the hell they felt the need to resort to such a tactic instead of just flat out saying "No." Doing this only serves to make them look disreputable and underhanded. ...well more disreputable and underhanded than then they already are anyway.

Well, that's assuming this is really them. The one thing we can say without a doubt is these are obviously bots, or some sort of false vote system (such as a proxy server, or something of the like). We don't know who owns these, possibly someone who wants EA to look bad.

Good thing I have my men Mike from NK and Roland from Poland to keep fighting the good fight. Stay strong, Roland.

worldruler8:

canadamus_prime:

worldruler8:

Well, that's assuming this is really them. The one thing we can say without a doubt is these are obviously bots, or some sort of false vote system (such as a proxy server, or something of the like). We don't know who owns these, possibly someone who wants EA to look bad.

Either that or some extremely misguided EA and/or homosexuality supporter.

i'm confused who should i side with or should i even bother

canadamus_prime:

worldruler8:

canadamus_prime:

Exactly, we have no idea who's doing this, nor why they are. There is one thing we can agree on though, and that's that EA is going to get some flak for this regardless if they were truly involved or not.

Is that even legal? Something needs to be done about those sacks of shit.

worldruler8:

canadamus_prime:

worldruler8:

Exactly, we have no idea who's doing this, nor why they are. There is one thing we can agree on though, and that's that EA is going to get some flak for this regardless if they were truly involved or not.

Alright fair enough, I suppose I can give them the benefit of the doubt in this case. They won't be getting any more flak from me at least. ...not about this anyway.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
Good thing I have my men Mike from NK and Roland from Poland to keep fighting the good fight. Stay strong, Roland.

And Olivia from Bolivia and Chad from Chad! I'm disappointed Lance from France isn't on board though :/

Thatrocketeer:
And a rational person cares about this because, well, using bots for legitimate petitions like this could destroy the powers and credibility of petitions, as well as making all points raised by activists through petitions worthless.

I am amused that you think petitions have power and credibility.

Fred and Rick from Pakistan.

I'm from Pakistan and I can already tell they're bots. There's no way in hell you'll find anyone named that over here!

Patrick yes, Samuel yes, Fred and Rick? Hahaha. NOPE.

EA being thick is nothing new but will always be the fucking funniest thing in the world assuming all of this true.

worldruler8:

If you think about it though it wouldnt actually make any sense at all for EA to be behind this. There is absolutely no motivation at all for them to pull something like this. Its actually far more likely that its somebody else just trying to buff the poll or make EA look bad.

Seventh Actuality:
You know literally one guy could be doing this, right?

That was my thought. How do we know this is even EA? Could be anyone who wants the petition to succeed.

More data please.

captcha: bruce lee... He would like more data too. Then he'll kick the data. And Chuck Norris. And Gordon Freeman. And...

I feel like a lot of times I see one of these threads, I come in thinking, "Oh, great. Just another person bitching about something petty or just flat-out untrue". Except I come away thinking, "Yeah, that's actually a dumb/dick move by EA". This is one of those times.

More Fun To Compute:
It must be nice for the gay community to have EA stand firmly behind them taking their money and riding on the coat tails of the activism they have worked so hard on.

How does EA take their money?

I wanna quote Everyone not reading the comments and point things out to them :/

Could this be EA? yes.
Could it be some random person? Yes.
Do we know all the facts? no.

Stop making wild assumptions based on thread title and the pictures. Yes its probably EA but we don't know that for sure.

That damn EA, taking the side of people opposed to anti-homosexual bigotry.

It's like they're opposed to judging people based on their sexual preference, the bastards.

I'm lost and confused. Why is this poll so special? Why should I even care?

erttheking:
"Sigh" For a second I thought that they were getting a little better when they started to announce free ME3 DLC, I guess I forgot who we were dealing with.

One step forward Eight steps back. It's the curly shuffle! :D being used by EA...

Seanfall:

erttheking:
"Sigh" For a second I thought that they were getting a little better when they started to announce free ME3 DLC, I guess I forgot who we were dealing with.

One step forward Eight steps back. It's the curly shuffle! :D being used by EA...

Can you explain to me why EA did this?

I mean they are trying to affect petition to affect their company?
That is 7 lvls of stupid. Even better how are you drawing the conclusion that it is EA using bots? Why not the people who made the petition?

sorry but i don't have any clue what this thread is about.

care to clarify? (yes i spend my free time under a rock)

Draech:

That is 7 lvls of stupid. Even better how are you drawing the conclusion that it is EA using bots? Why not the people who made the petition?

To answer all of your questions the homeless guy living under the bridge with a tinfoil hat on told me it was them.

DustyDrB:
I feel like a lot of times I see one of these threads, I come in thinking, "Oh, great. Just another person bitching about something petty or just flat-out untrue". Except I come away thinking, "Yeah, that's actually a dumb/dick move by EA". This is one of those times.

I actually had the reverse impression in this thread. Came in thinking "What idiotic thing did EA do this time," and came away with "Huh... people bandying about wild and unfounded accusations."

There is no proof EA did it, and moreover, there is literally no possible good outcome for them to do this. They would have no motivation.

Is it possible it's them? Yeah, it's possible it's anyone; but it just doesn't seem very likely to me.

Hazy992:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

And Olivia from Bolivia and Chad from Chad! I'm disappointed Lance from France isn't on board though :/

its like a homage on Cab Calloways song 'Everybody Eats When They Come To My House'.

(Gema is being a dick)

Lunar Templar:

Hazy992:

I mean this is so blatantly obvious it's laughable. Why are they doing this? They'd get the signatures regardless but this just delegitimises their campaign. It's like EA go out of their way to be hated and ridiculed.

they clearly take wining that 'worse company' award very seirusly and are getting a head start on next year, going for two in a row from the looks of things :D

somehow it reminds me of this video.

maybe there is a similar scenario here going on.

captcha: dog days
ah well. yes.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-10-pro-ea-lgbt-petition-hijacked-by-bots

OP seems to be trolling I'm not seeing any evidence to support this allegation and why post pics and not the articles?

The poll isn't even anything important. EA already released a statement saying they don't care what the "Famly Values" groups want.

I don't like EA in the least but this kinda slander seems so unnecessary.

ablac:

More Fun To Compute:
It must be nice for the gay community to have EA stand firmly behind them taking their money and riding on the coat tails of the activism they have worked so hard on.

How does EA take their money?

EA sell games for money.

Draech:

Seanfall:

erttheking:

I can only answer the parts about why people think EA did it and even then this is just guess work. EA has done this before. They hired the fake protesters to stir up false controversy for marketing and have manipulated statements and PR to make it sound like they aren't as evil as people say. I heard these same rumors from another source but they are both still rumors and speculation. Here's the link to that one.
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA-Viral-Marketing-Exposed-Big-Buyout-Horizon-40885.html
Though while they are still rumors I can only think of one company who would benefit from it. Still make of it what you will.

Anthony Wells:
I wanna quote Everyone not reading the comments and point things out to them :/

Could this be EA? yes.
Could it be some random person? Yes.
Do we know all the facts? no.

Stop making wild assumptions based on thread title and the pictures. Yes its probably EA but we don't know that for sure.

I unironically love you, Anthony Wells. READ THIS, KNUCKLEHEADS. THERE IS NO PROOF THAT EA DID ANYTHING. Sheesh. I know EA is the nucka ya' love ta hate, but seriously, find something verifiable.

80Maxwell08:

Draech:

Seanfall:

I can only answer the parts about why people think EA did it and even then this is just guess work. EA has done this before. They hired the fake protesters to stir up false controversy for marketing and have manipulated statements and PR to make it sound like they aren't as evil as people say. I heard these same rumors from another source but they are both still rumors and speculation. Here's the link to that one.
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA-Viral-Marketing-Exposed-Big-Buyout-Horizon-40885.html
Though while they are still rumors I can only think of one company who would benefit from it. Still make of it what you will.

This is completely irrelevant. There is nothing gained here by EA. Nothing. They are going to create the PR to get people talking about.... homosexuality in their games?

It doesn't even remotely make sense for EA to be doing this.

They could just have done a "Blizzard" going "we will make changes people will hate" and then when everyone is in a furor over it then go "we listened and wont make the changes" and people would love them for listening to the community. Better outcome and non of the trouble.

To think EA is behind this is insane...
It really underlines the state of EA image if they are the target of choice even if it doesn't make sense.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked