No
35.7% (25)
35.7% (25)
Bacon
38.6% (27)
38.6% (27)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Is E3 still being boicotted?

I know SOPA practically has no chance of ever existing in any form anymore but the ESA still acted like absolute dicks about the issue by supporting it. So far, I haven't heard of any issued apologies so I think they should still pay the consequences of their actions. What do you think?

I thought it was only being boycotted as long as the ESA were still in support? They dropped support didn't they, so I assume it's not being boycotted anymore.

I'm assuming E3 is fine as long as the ESA don't start supporting CISPA (SOPA under a different name). But that's unlikely because they know what happened last time they supported an industry killer.

To me, they never dropped support. They only "dropped support" because the bill was already dead.

Down with E3 and the current state of gaming journalism. Special events and access for the gaming press have corrupted the 'journalists' so that they are more loyal to the publishers than to the gamers.

No?

E3 is where I hear about all the new video game news really, its where everyone goes to unveil their stuff.

What have they really done worth being boycotted?

Yes, because no conference should have that many E's. Where are the consumer's E's? The publishers are purposefully removing them to save for their stupid conference! It's exploitative and until someone makes a stand it will never change! Power to the consumer!

Saviordd1:
No?

E3 is where I hear about all the new video game news really, its where everyone goes to unveil their stuff.

What have they really done worth being boycotted?

Because it's cool.

Not really, like mentioned before ESA supported SOPA.

>2012
>hearing about news games at the E3

Say what? I thought the trend was unveiling games BEFORE E3 so that they could hype people up for the E3.

E3 has turned into trash anyway, might as well keep the boycott going.

They did drop support for SOPA so I guess that means the boycott is off.

It might still be up for discussion though since they dropped support when SOPA was in it's death throes and obviously wasn't going to pass.

Ickorus:
They did drop support for SOPA so I guess that means the boycott is off.

They dropped SOPA after SOPA was already dropped. I'm not really interested in E3. I don't have the time or energy to sit through all the bullshit. Remember James Cameron that year with his hour long speech about Avatar that no one gave a crap about? Or that stupid Ubisoft guy last year? It's always like that. Boring stuff 90% of the time and a few interesting trailers and announcements that I can just watch after E3 on YouTube. Which is what I'm gonna do from now on.

Boycott E3? As in the #1 place to get gaming news, trailers, demos, interviews and more way ahead of everyone else? And when they're doing awesome at it? I just don't see the point. That's on about the same level as boycotting McDonalds because they don't have a lot of really healthy food or something.

E3 is a joke, just a pathetic show for a bunch of soulless multi-billion cooperation's to wave their dicks around and show of their shallow overhyped shit games we often already know about anyway.

CaptainOctopus:
E3 is a joke, just a pathetic show for a bunch of soulless multi-billion cooperation's to wave their dicks around and show of their shallow overhyped shit games we often already know about anyway.

Actually, in virtually every case, we don't "already know about" this stuff until they're shown at E3.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked