Realisticaly: who would you be?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Iwata:
So, as much as we might like to imagine ourselves as the hero or badass villain in a particular game, it's pretty much a fact that the vast majority of us would fall way too short of that ambition.

So, in realistic terms, who would you be in any given video game? From a nameless background dude getting stabbed by a demon, to some merchant or sidekick, or even Kratos if you happen to be Chuck Norris in real-life, who would you be?

Sorta depends on the game. If it's a game that takes place in the present day, then I'd be exactly who I am now, and thus have no role in the story other than that of a background character.

I work for Belathor at the general goods store!

Random scientist. Would probably get killed with how video games are.

As I look good in 1940's suits and would also make a terrible USMC officer, it would have to be Cole Phelps

Or, on account of the fact the I have an annoying tendency to turn up after I'm needed,
"long straight block" may be more appropriate.

that dick of a merchant who sells really good equipment but at a reticules price and sets you out on missions to get stuff in exchange of really crappy rewards.

i would be the guy that goes into every situation first, but somehow gets out in one piece to give intel consisting of "they have big guns"

I'd probably be the sidekick to the hero, reliable and supportive with the wit to steer the hero on the right path if need be.

I would be Ecco the Dolphin. Because when I was 13 I used to draw dolphins, cut them out and tape them all over my walls.

I had no friends.

Iwata:
So, as much as we might like to imagine ourselves as the hero or badass villain in a particular game, it's pretty much a fact that the vast majority of us would fall way too short of that ambition.

So, in realistic terms, who would you be in any given video game? From a nameless background dude getting stabbed by a demon, to some merchant or sidekick, or even Kratos if you happen to be Chuck Norris in real-life, who would you be?

When you see a dragon ransacking the village in Skyrim and it corners some random guy and just eats him?
Yeah, that's basically me.
I wouldn't last long in a lot of game worlds.

Interestingly enough, I find that it's when games make me weak, or allow me to be weak, that I have the most fun. It's cool and all to be running around destroying everything in my path and going toe to toe with mighty, world-destroying super monsters and winning, I really prefer to be tiny, weak, insignificant and generally worse off than anyone else around me. If anyone here has read Prequelaventure (with Katia Managan, in Oblivion), that's exactly the kind of game I'd love to play. Where you start off with no money, no respectable means to make money, no skills that might come in handy, and generally having to watch your every step lest you piss off someone who could make for a respectable level 1.
Games so often put you in situations of power, that the idea of being in such a disadvantageous position is pretty interesting. At least, it is to me.

The narrator for a decent horror game...

If you think horror games involve guns, you are WRONG.

Well unless I knew the hero or one of his friends I'd be random guy 123. But if I was part of the main cast? I'd be the scholarly guy who knew just enough to be helpful but not enough to answer the huge plot questions. Or I'd be the guy who tries to help out and gets murdered horribly for it.

I would most likely be that random guy who has all the fetch quests and who you end up killing due to my blunt nature. That or corpse #730 in town #4.

I would realistically be a squad member or Sergeant in some shooter. Not the main guy, just a soldier following orders, hoping to go home at some point.

One of the background scientists. White lab coat. Probably stands there with a clipboard staring at a rack of servers or something. Runs away and gets shot and/or eaten when the bad guys arrive.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked