Rediscover an awesome game

What excellent games that you used to love playing have you rediscovered over the years?

I just downloaded a Windows 7-fixed version of Theme Hospital, which I used to love playing as a child! Brilliant tactical healthcare strategy game, for those of you unfamiliar with it.

TheBobmus:
I just downloaded a Windows 7-fixed version of Theme Hospital, which I used to love playing as a child! Brilliant tactical healthcare strategy game, for those of you unfamiliar with it.

Wait, are you telling me that the open source version of Theme Hospital playable? If I wasn't at work, I'd be all over that!

Anyway, as for the OP, I have two I've been playing a lot, the first being Lode Runner 2, a puzzle/platformer game. I've played and completed that game so many times, I've lost count, I just really enjoy it.

The other one is Desert Strike, a game of my childhood. Flying that helicopter and blowing shit up is a lot of fun and actually provides quite a challenge if you're not careful.

Also worth mentioning is Moho and Bonkheads. Bonkheads though, sadly, has messed up colours. It doesn't affect gameplay, but it really looks bizarre.

Populas. It was my first RTS and I discovered it again recently, not that recent but I was so happy to play it again.

I still remember loading up Baldur's Gate 2 on my mum's laptop, because our computer was too poor to play it

Needless to say I am playing through it again with all of the specs maxed out :D

Sp3ratus:

TheBobmus:

Wait, are you telling me that the open source version of Theme Hospital playable? If I wasn't at work, I'd be all over that!

This was a fan-fix actually, where they'd made the save files save to the correct place when playing from the C:// drive. To play without saving all you need to do apparently is copy the files to the root part of the C:// drive. You might want to set it to 256-colour mode under properties, fixes colour problems - come to think of it, that might work for your badly coloured game as well. Right click the program, go to properties, and tick 256-colour mode (:

I enjoyed replaying the original UFO when it was released on Steam, but I was kind of gutted they didn't have the re-mastered music from the playstation version.

SoRR V5 was pretty nostalgigasmic also.

TheBobmus:

Sp3ratus:

TheBobmus:

This was a fan-fix actually, where they'd made the save files save to the correct place when playing from the C:// drive. To play without saving all you need to do apparently is copy the files to the root part of the C:// drive. You might want to set it to 256-colour mode under properties, fixes colour problems - come to think of it, that might work for your badly coloured game as well. Right click the program, go to properties, and tick 256-colour mode (:

Ah, but still, being able to play on Windows 7 is pretty awesome in itself. I'll have to see if I can't dig my old copy of Theme Hospital out from wherever it's buried and see if I can get it to work as well.

As for Bonkheads, I tried all manner of different things, like using the virtual XP mode, trying to run it as if it's Windows 95 and all that stuff. None it worked though, but thanks for the advice, either way.

Oh, like you wouldn't believe, there are so many. Civilization III, Onimusha 1, Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, Grand Theft Auto III, The Spongebob Squarepants Movie: The Game (PS2, one of my guilty pleasures), Ski Resort Tycoon I & II, Mall Tycoon.

captcha: However, The all-new Chevy Sonic is not a relic of my childhood.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked