games you hate that everyone seems to love (keep your rage contained!)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Sean Hollyman:

Nope, only heard about it recently in a Guiness Gamers Book of Records.. >.<

Ha, that's cool. But if you liked the "concept" of Bioshock; as in the blending of RPG and FPS; and are a fan of cyber-punk science fiction, you might want to give it a try. Who knows, you might like it.

I dont "hate" manye games..I also think the term "overated" tends to be meaningless

Skyrim (and its popuality) does shit me..I just cant get into it

I love to hate anything by Bioware. It's a guilty pleasure of mine. I keep my mouth shut about it, though.

Vigormortis:

For me, it's not a matter of not accepting that someone likes or dislikes something that I do/don't. I only take issue when someone tells me I'm a tasteless idiot for liking or not liking something they do/don't.

I think of those as more or less two sides of the same coin.

I did want to like Skyrim, by the way. Tried it at a friend's and I keep hearing about all this epic stuff, and I keep thinking I should give it another go because of all this great hype.

neversleep:
I don't get why people like New Vegas either. I played FO3 and after some getting into I really loved it. On the other hand got bored as hell within an hour or two and think it's boring and ugly (I know FO3 was ugly too, but i found it still had it's charm and that New Vegas doesn't)

I agree with you there. I thought Fallout NV was just Fallout 3 with PC mods. Which it was basically.

Skyrim. Boring. Simple. Not inspiring at all. For the few upgrades I got for the freedom they removed wasn't worth it. It's like I went from 3 flavours of ice cream with all the toppings I want to 3 flavours and only 1 topping.

Mass Effect series.
-I wouldn't quite say I 'hate' it, but I find it very flawed. Which is a shame, because such a well fleshed out universe could have been so much more..

Vault101:
I dont "hate" manye games..I also think the term "overated" tends to be meaningless

Skyrim (and its popuality) does shit me..I just cant get into it

I kinda like skyrim, but I haven't been able to get back into it lately..

Everything this guy has ever loved. Seriously, he is an absolute bastion of bad taste.

lacktheknack:
Everything this guy has ever loved. Seriously, he is an absolute bastion of bad taste.

So Portal , HL2, NWN, Baldur's Gate, bioshock, STALKER, Dragon Age 1, Icewind Dale, Morrowind, New vegas, KOTOR, C&c Red Alert 1 & 2, Sins of a solar empire, Quake, Doom?

all of those games are bad? Man you hate everything.

*ps* I love you too.

Minecraft, I thought it was boring as hell. But I love Terraria

BioShock, shooting is so mediocre, and story wasn't that fun.

And old school RPG's, because I prefer some action mixed in with my RPG

SajuukKhar:

lacktheknack:

So Portal , HL2, NWN, Baldur's Gate, bioshock, STALKER, Dragon Age 1, Icewind Dale, Morrowind, New vegas, KOTOR, C&c Red Alert 1 & 2?

*ps* I love you too.

Absolutely all of it.

<3

lacktheknack:
Absolutely all of it.

<3

then what do you like?

*ps* big hugs

Bioshock I like the premise and the graphics are really good, but the game play felt dated/stiff and the enemy's got really repetitive fast. It's not bad per-say but when people talk about how much they love it I fell like they must have been playing a completely different game to me.

SajuukKhar:

lacktheknack:
Absolutely all of it.

<3

then what do you like?

*ps* big hugs

Everything that you hate.

[smooches]

lacktheknack:

[smooches]

So you like Red Alert 3? gasps!

[insert something erotic/suggestive here]

obvious troll is obvious

Grand Theft Auto 4.
The only thing I enjoyed about the previous games was making my own fun doing wacky stuff in the world, especially San Andreas, because it had more capacity for fun shenanigans and a varied world.
GTA4 is set entirely in a city, it's basically impossible to do anything silly or fun because you die in bout 3 hits and there are no planes. All you can do is play the boring missions, interact with unlikeable characters and try not to go into coma while being forced to go bowling with Mr. Terrible Russian Accent.

sanguinator:
obvious troll is obvious

Which troll are you talking about?

I see no trolls, I see cows, plenty of cows, delicious, delicious cows, but no trolls.

SajuukKhar:

lacktheknack:

[smooches]

So you like Red Alert 3? gasps!

[insert something erotic/suggestive here]

I haven't even played it, but I just KNOW that I'd adore it.

<groping>

lacktheknack:

I haven't even played it, but I just KNOW that I'd adore it.

<groping>

well those parachuting bears were kinda fun.

<c-c-c-COMBO breaker> yeah I did because it was getting kinda creepy

Dragon age origins. The graphics were shit, the characters expressionless and to me boring(except Morrigan) and the skill system felt very limited. Plus the gameplay felt like I was just meant to give orders and watch. If I moved or pressed attack again in a battle I messed up my characters attack. Bah.

I gave up on it halfway through.

Later on a whim I pick up DA2 cheap and loved it. I really felt attached to the characters in that one and felt really moved by their tragedy and struggles. Combat felt great and the game actually looked good. Plus the story felt a lot more original than the tired old save the world!!!! plot.

I never really liked Oblivion to be honest. I mean graphically it was pretty good and the characters were mostly interesting although I really really loathed the leveling system in it and those oblivion gate realms. They were cool the first few times and became more progressively boring as the game progressed.

here's the games that I dislikes(and reasons I dislikes them):

Call of Duty: what makes me hates Call of Duty(particularly Modern Warfare and Black ops) is: it's characters are wimpy and boring people with guns that fights each other

Grand Theft Auto 4(and it's DLCs): it's far too boring when compared to GTA San Andreas, even when everything that added in the Ballad of Gay Tony is thrown in, it's still boring, and the efforts of GTA4 developers are wasted on Graphics. GTA San Andreas is better and cooler(despite it's setting) because you can do tons of amazing things and it's full of OP Weapons and CJ can have Hip-Hop Dance mixed with Muay-Thai for his fighting style

Crysis 2: I don't like it cuz they retcons Nanosuit from cool next gen Power Armor to High-tech version of Spiderman's symbiote and worse of all, they killed Nomad(he's my favorite character from Crysis) not to mention this game have Nanotech-powered Undead(reminds you Necrons from Warhammer 40000) for it's protagonist

Minecraft: I just don't like it

World of Warcraft: I just don't play it because it's addictive and this is the reason one of my friends hate it

Starcraft: because it's Poor Man's 40k

EA Sports Games: they are the real reason EA Games neglects other games by EA and makes other games made by EA terrible

MrHide-Patten:
Metroid Other M. So underhandedly misogynistic it got me to hate it on those values alone.
Duke Nukem Forever. Mediocre to the ninth degree and yet people still went out and bought it.

I think you're missing the point of "everyone seems to love"
No one liked those. People bought duke, I don't think many people liked it at all.

OT: Half life series. Bored me to death.

SajuukKhar:

lacktheknack:

So Portal, HL2, NWN, Baldur's Gate, Bioshock, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Dragon Age: Origins, Icewind Dale, Morrowind, New Vegas, KoTOR, C&c Red Alert 1 & 2, Sins of a Solar Empire, Quake, Doom, Planescape: Torment, Duke Nukem 3D, Condemned, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, Beneath a Steel Sky, Deus Ex, Silent Hill 2, Banjo Tooie, and Saints Row 2?

To be fair, most of those games are actually pretty bad when you look at them closely.

Cliche thread makin' me check if I've been here before...

I'll say it once, I'll say it again, and a hundred times after:

The Uncharted series is one of the worst franchises this gen and even Call of Duty shows more creativity and thoughtful design than this manifestation of a comic book train wreck.

Ever want to discuss this intelligently (as in, ask for my opinions and reflect on them to see if they hold up any), then PM me or quote this message.

One more time: I ****ing hate this franchise. It's literally disregarding EVERYTHING Naughty Dog used to bring to the table.

Medieval II: Total War. I bought it on a whim during a Steam sale, and touched it once since. I hate RTS games in the first place, but compared to others I've played (Starcraft, Age of Empires III), M2:TW just feels horribly clunky and cumbersome.

And I just don't understand the 4X elements yet.. another genre I'm not big on.

Starcraft 2 for it's lame story and painful cinematics. I can't remember the last time I played it, but I remember the music and level designs were very average which also made a pretty dull atmosphere.

Most Call Of Duty's and it's inspiration to be uninspiring in the industry.

Skyrim was fun for about 10 hours for me but that's because it took a while to get any where. Unfortunately, no matter what class I went I became over-powered. This and being extremely repetitive is a instant recipe for failure.

I don't hate any of these games. I see them as disappointments.

SSB Brawl is the only game I hate, but not everyone loves that garbage.

Generally dont hate games but there are some you just cant seem to walk away from as they are shoved down your face at every opportunity which annoys me considerably especially when other developers and producers decide they want a taste of the profits THAT game is getting and start to shoehorn some of its mechanics into games that really shouldnt have them or make more games of a certain genre than is healthy because the big game is that genre. Mainly I am thinking of GTA3 and Modern Warfare here or more specifically their legacies.

Of course keep telling me a game I dont like is awesome enough times and I will probably dislike it more because its just irritating.

Well I do not "hate" it, but I sure cannot understand the hype about Gears Of War. Bored me to death.

Minecraft and Terraria, I just got bored. It's mainly because it puts me in this giant worlds with so many possibilties and all I can think is "What am I supposed to do now?". I usaully make a house then get bored. Im just not good with those kind of games, I never know what to do.

Shocksplicer:
Terrible Russian Accent.

They aren't Russian.

And you could have always invested time into the story? GTA4 has, in my opinion, one of the greatest stories to have ever graced the gaming world. It's just a shame people want to just KILLKILLKILLDRIVEKLLSPLATTERKILLMURDER.

On Topic: Team Fortress 2. I am so tired of this game. Yes, it has a nice backstory. Yes, it has funny characters. Yes, the engine is nice and allows for lots of cool things to happen in game.

But the playerbase.

Oh God, the playerbase.

I honestly liked the game for a long time, but around two weeks before it went F2P, it really started to decline.

And I paid 25 for that game, and had my fun ruined by F2P-ers...

You hate CoD, Gears and Halo? Wow, you certainly are on your own around here!

Personally, I never liked TF2 very much. Granted, I've never understood the hardcore Valve fandom anyway, but TF2 is just... Meh. The only thing that I thought was good about it was the art style, and even that's tarnished by the shit hats.

A Raging Emo:

Shocksplicer:
Terrible Russian Accent.

They aren't Russian.

And you could have always invested time into the story? GTA4 has, in my opinion, one of the greatest stories to have ever graced the gaming world. It's just a shame people want to just KILLKILLKILLDRIVEKLLSPLATTERKILLMURDER.

Their races are never explicitly revealed, so it's perfectly reasonable to call them russian, because its left up to the player to decide.

Also, I played the entire game and found little trace of this Brilliant plot that everyone goes on about. I found every character to be irritating, repulsive, or both, and I was given no real reason to care what happened to them.

Niko's backstory also jarringly contradicted his actions in the gameplay, because whilst playing the game- whether intentionally or not- you wind up causing ridiculous amounts of carnage and death, but in cutscenes Niko won't shut up about how he just wants to leave his violent past behind.

I liked the themes about the american dream, but the characters that were supposed to pull me through the story had the opposite effect.

Also I would like to say that I think that story is the most important part of a game, so while I appreciate what they tried to do with GTAIV's story, I would have preferred if they'd either done a good job of it or made the game fun to play.

Minecraft, I was so fucking bored, I see the appeal, but clearly not for me.

Half-Life 2, It felt slow and boring and the boring as shit cutscenes you couldn't skip...damn.

TizzytheTormentor:
Minecraft, I was so fucking bored, I see the appeal, but clearly not for me.

Half-Life 2, It felt slow and boring and the boring as shit cutscenes you couldn't skip...damn.

what version of Half-Life 2 did you play that had cutscenes?

Cuz that game had literally 0

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked