HD Re-Releases You'd Want to See

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

nikki191:
system shock 1 and 2.. system shock 1 needs mouse look as well.

crusader no remorse and no regret .. those would work very well

there is a mouse look mod integrated into system shock portable.i have used it and it works pretty well.

smokeyninjas:
Shining Force III because i've been waiting about 15 dam years to play parts 2 & 3 in english.

i think some company translated it. I only think that cos TB did a full lp of them in 2009.

me.hmmm.dungeon keeper one and two really need a do over so ill go with them.

Chrono Trigger. High resolution sprites, and a revamping to the battle system (make fewer battles, make them faster, and have more non-simple battles).

Morrowind. I know there's HD packs and all, but it would be awesome to be able to play a (functional) version of the game on a console with better graphics. I have both the PC and XBox versions, but man would it sure be swell to see Morrowind looking like Skyrim.

Austin Howe:
Legacy of Kain HD Collection: Soul Reaver 2, Defiance, and maybe Blood Omen 2 for shits and giggles.

Kingdom Hearts HD Collection: English translations of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix + as well as Re: Chain of Memories and a resolution upscaled port of 358/2 Days.

. . . What? Oh, yeah, fuck Birth by Sleep.

You know what? They can keep 358/2 and can instead give us:

Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix (It already comes with RE:CoM)
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep: Final Mix

Oh, also RELEASE THE MOTHER-FUCKING FINAL MIX VERSION OF DREAM DROP DISTANCE HERE YOU DAMN BASTARDS.

PsychicTaco115:
As we all know, re-relesing an older game series in HD is an awesome way to play older games that otherwise might not have been played.

So what series would you like to see have an HD collection?

Personally, I think it would be great to have a Hitman collection. Just make the game prettier and incorporate some other elements from Blood Money (like notoriety) and I'll gladly lay down money for it!

I second this. I'd love to have the older Hitmen games looking all nice n shiny...well, except for maybe numero uno. Game was a bit of a mess and Contracts essentially felt like a directors cut of it, in some ways.

These weren't low resolution or anything but I'd buy a collection of the Oddworld games. They really don't even need a new coat of paint, just put it out.

Some of the early Star Wars games were pretty awesome - give TIE Fighter a face lift and some more friendly controls, and I would probably have a slight heart attack.

ANImaniac89:
I love to see a collections for:

Fatal Frame 1-2-3 and possibly 4
Kingdom Hearts 1-ReCoM-2
Silent Hill HD collection vol.2 (for 4, Origins and possibly Shattered Memories)

I'd also like to see HD remakes of:

Jade Empire
Resident Evil REmake
Eternal Darkness
A better port of Conker's Bad Fur Day

An HD remake of a remake for a Playstation game?

I'd love to see an HD-remake of Crimson Skies. Or maybe an MMO... Can't decide.

Aerosteam 1908:
Fallout 1 & 2 done in the same mechanics as 3 and New Vegas.

THIS. And Planescape: Torment. And Deus Ex with the mechanics from HR. AND BLOOD OMEN!

OH GOD PERFECT DAY

PsychicTaco115:

ANImaniac89:
I love to see a collections for:

Fatal Frame 1-2-3 and possibly 4
Kingdom Hearts 1-ReCoM-2
Silent Hill HD collection vol.2 (for 4, Origins and possibly Shattered Memories)

I'd also like to see HD remakes of:

Jade Empire
Resident Evil REmake
Eternal Darkness
A better port of Conker's Bad Fur Day

An HD remake of a remake for a Playstation game?

No a port of the Gamecube remake, but put it on the PS3

Also why is the captcha asking me to marry it?

kman123:
I'd like not only a HD upgrade but a full gameplay and engine upgrade of the two KOTOR games, with restored content. Because A) I am a greedy cunt and B) that would legit be the best game ever made and I will lay down more than 100 dollars for it.

^ That.

Grim Fandango so I can actually play it. Also the first two Simon the Sorcerer games.

PsychicTaco115:
As we all know, re-relesing an older game series in HD is an awesome way to play older games that otherwise might not have been played.

So what series would you like to see have an HD collection?

Personally, I think it would be great to have a Hitman collection. Just make the game prettier and incorporate some other elements from Blood Money (like notoriety) and I'll gladly lay down money for it!

Xenogears.

Xenosaga 1-3.

Final Fantasy 7.

And none of them will ever happen. **sigh**

ANImaniac89

What, you don't support human and computer marriage? It's the new rage these days.

bannanaky:

ANImaniac89:

not until they release a good compilation of 1 2 and 3. the hd remake of 2 and 3 was so very awful

The Silent Hill HD collection is fine, I own the PS3 version and it plays just like I remember the PS2 originals. Yeah the omission of 1 and 4 is a little bothersome. But I already own Silent Hill 1 on PSN and 4 is widely seen as one of the worst in the series so I can kinda understand why it was left out. what they should have done is charged a full $60 for it and included 4 and a coupon for 1 for PS3 owner.

PsychicTaco115:
ANImaniac89

What, you don't support human and computer marriage? It's the new rage these days.

I find Robosexually to be wrong, its unnatural and indecent.

and now it's asking if I have cold feet.

ANImaniac89:

bannanaky:

not until they release a good compilation of 1 2 and 3. the hd remake of 2 and 3 was so very awful

The Silent Hill HD collection is fine, I own the PS3 version and it plays just like I remember the PS2 originals. Yeah the omission of 1 and 4 is a little bothersome. But I already own Silent Hill 1 on PSN and 4 is widely seen as one of the worst in the series so I can kinda understand why it was left out. what they should have done is charged a full $60 for it and included 4 and a coupon for 1 for PS3 owner.

And the first one was a PS1 game. The HD collections are only for PS2 games for some reason.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. First and second (especially if the cut content could be restored on the second, as it has been through the community on the PC version).

The game's compatibility on the 360 is terrible and glitchy (and I don't have room to keep an original Xbox around just to play one game), likewise on the PC version with Vista and Windows 7 (even in XP compatibility mode). I'm lucky enough to have an older PC that still has XP that I can play it for now, ut it would be nice to see a version that's more compatible for the current line-up of systems. I'm not interested and don't have the time, nor the wrists (I have to be careful with my computer use) to dedicate towards an MMO like The Old Republic.

Jet Force Gemini. Excellent little gem from the N64 that deserved more attention than it got.

Rome: Total War, or TIE Fighter. Nao.

ANImaniac89:

bannanaky:

ANImaniac89:

Silent Hill 4, even with the boneheaded game design, is by a far a better written and certainly more playable game than Silent Hill. It's mainly egregious that they left off that game because Konami forced it into being Silent Hill when it was being made, and Team Silent wanted to do no such thing.

Meanwhile, I can't honestly describe myself as very angry about this, but there are certain graphical glitches in SH2HD which are just horrific, and according to people who played the original SH2, most of the signature fog is gone.* Also, I really like the new voice acting, but a lot of people don't, so thank god they had the choice to use the originals . . . so why isn't that a choice for Silent Hill 3?

There were a lot of boneheaded decisions, not to mention the little fucker was delayed THRICE, from DECEMBER until fucking MARCH for fucking PORTS OF PS2 GAMES WHICH THEY THEN MANAGED TO BUTCHER. HOW THE FUCK IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?

*If that's true, how the fuck did anyone ever see James because JESUS CHRIST that game is foggy, even in the HD Collection.)

Now granted, as someone who never had a chance to play the original 2 and 3, I'm pretty happy with what I got, but I felt like voicing some of the fanboy rage, much if not most of which in this case, is compeltely legitimate.

ANImaniac89:

PsychicTaco115:
ANImaniac89

I find Robosexually to be wrong, its unnatural and indecent.

and now it's asking if I have cold feet.

Robosexuals are people too! They just want to be able to marry!

bluepanda 492:
Timesplitters any of them would be nice, I miss Harry Tipper, and the monkey

This.

Timesplitters. For the love of god fucking TIMESPLITTERS.

Oh, and also Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2.

juyunseen:
This is gonna sound weird, but I want a HD rerelease of the Ty the Tasmanian Tiger games.
They were fun, and I'd love to see the original art style with a few more polys.

I was going to say this, HIGH 5 :D

Never played the 3rd one though.

Soinc Adventure 1, 2 and Heroes in a HD pack.

Honestly? Jet Set Radio Future. Also if it would run on PC that would be even better.

I'd really like them to make a good HD remake of the original Silent Hill trilogy.

Squidbulb:

ANImaniac89:

bannanaky:

And the first one was a PS1 game. The HD collections are only for PS2 games for some reason.

It's just because it's ridiculously hard to update PS1 games. It takes a fare shake more than just a texture overhaul.

wintercoat:
Jet Force Gemini. Excellent little gem from the N64 that deserved more attention than it got.

Ah yes, how could I forget this.

Does the 3D version of Chrono Trigger (Chrono Resurrection project) that got shutdown count? It was too awesome to be allowed to exist. http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/

uh.., Knights of the Old Republic, and Morrowind (mods can do a lot but I want Morrowind with Skyrim's engine, it was such a better game than Oblivion and Skyrim.)

Frogger from 1997. I'd also like to see another crack at 007: NightFire. Sure, it already got three different versions at around the same time, but, it's be cool to see another take on it... hopefully, with AI that makes sense... and if Activision doesn't make it...

I'd also love to see some Rareware titles get some HD variations, along with some other 64 goodness, like Army Men: Sarge's Heroes, as well as the sequel. Sure, they were released on other systems, but each one was different. And I think the 64 version came out as the best. Which is really weird. That didn't happen, too often.

How about some Roller Coaster Tycoon with Corckscrew Follies & Loopy Landscapes built right in? That and Chip's Challenge. The original 1989 version had 148 levels, the 1992 version had 149. Let this version have a good, even 150, and add a level-builder and some more music tracks.

Majora's Mask, for several reasons. First and foremost, it's my favourite game. Not Zelda game, game. Of all time. Second, MM used much of the same... well, everything as OoT, which got its own HD remake, so I don't see why they can't do a similar thing here. A lot of the work has already been done.

Also, I really need something for my 3DS other than Super Mario 3D Land.

Squidbulb:

wintercoat:

Ah yes, how could I forget this.

Sadly, most people do. It's mostly remembered as that game where you kill ant people. IMO it's one of the better games of that generation.

Deus Ex! Nothing changed, just some updated textures would be nice.

bluepanda 492:
Timesplitters any of them would be nice, I miss Harry Tipper, and the monkey

I approve of this! Give me back my flamethrowing gingerbreadman.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked