The Elder Scrolls Future

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

This is a TES lore discussion, by the way.

So, no doubt many of you have thought about the next possible location and plot for the Elder Scrolls series. While many people just list the most exciting location for the next game, I wish to discuss what realistically should be the next place we'll get to explore for several hours.

Obviously, from a plot perspective, the next game should cover the inevitable second Great War of the Aldmeri and the Empire - depending on which side you chose in the war, the Empire is either strengthened or Skyrim has become powerful in its own right. Reading in-game books about the war tells how Hammerfell managed, after its own rebellion from the White-Gold Concordant, to drive off the Aldmeri completely on its own - so, theoretically, Skyrim could now do the same. If the Empire is united with Skyrim in your game, then they gained a powerful ally - a whole new army, in their own right.

So, the Empire (or Skyrim and Hammerfell) will be a contender to take down the Aldmeri once and for all. But that plot alone isn't particularly interesting, though it is epic.

Now comes the theory part - I suggest the next game should see the return of the Dwemer. We know that the Dwemer had advanced technology that could read and record Elder Scrolls. They experimented heavily on them, it would seem. We also know that Alduin was shunted forward in time using an Elder Scroll, making him disappear without a trace from his own timeline. He then appeared in a far later timeline (a good 3 Eras later). Is it possible that the Dwemer, after an experiment gone wrong (or great hindsight) were shunted forward in time, explaining their sudden and collective disappearance? I know there's also a theory about Lorkhan's Heart, but this is my take.

So, if they were to end up suddenly in the present, I imagine the first thing they'd attempt is to take over with their advanced technology. And because they are elves, and must have a sense of superiority (hence the falmer), they would most likely side with the Aldmeri. Imagine the battles we'd have to take part in, with all that machinery! :D

Hopefully you enjoy reading, but the short of it is that since the Dwemer later moved and lived primarily in Hammerfell, and since that region is rebelling against the Aldmeri so strongly, the game should take place there.

Feel free to say your own ideas and theories. Silly ones, even.

That's an interesting idea, but I always loved the political undertones in Morrowind, so I beleive they should go more into that route. So, because of that, I think Elsweyr would be the best, as Elsweyr has never really had a political gov't that really controlled it. I always thought of it as the equivalent of Afghanistan. The Imperials never really controlled in, the Elsweyrians never really had much gov't set up there, and the Aldmeri sort of pacified it by appealing to the Khajiiti religions. So, what I think would be interesting is you trying to recruit the clans and tribes there, either to the Mane (as in, have the Mane either side with one of the groups (Aldmeri or Imperials), or be independent) or go against him (as still have those three options). I think it would make for interesting gameplay, as I loved the houses and clans in Morrowind, and I'm sure Elsweyr would be much more tribal like.

I would actually like to see The Summerset Isles or Valenwood. I think it would be really interesting to see what life in like in the Aldmeri Dominion and get their perspective on things. The Aldmeri Dominion is really easy to hate, but there has got to be more to it than what we've seen/heard. Plus the settings would be very different from anything we've seen in Elder Scrolls so far. Tamriel use to belong to the elves and while the humans did take it over and drive them mostly out of parts of it, that happened largely because the humans were sick of being the elves slaves. That's what is great about the Elder Scrolls. The history, like real history, has no right or wrong answer. All sides have done right and wrong and picking one can be very difficult.

On top of that it might let us finally see the Igma, who are an ape like species who serve the high elves.

I would like to be involved in showing the Khajiit that the Thalmor had absolutely nothing to do with bringing back the moons. Also, the game needs to better explain the fact that the Aldmeri Dominion does not represent ALL of the Altmer, and that the Dominion's goal is ultimately the annihilation of all mankind in Tamriel. For this reason, I would also love for my character to be able to support the Redguards in their resistance in Hammerfell in some way, even if indirectly since we're still going to be in Skyrim for a while.

Also, whatever mystical nonsense caused all of the spears in the world to disappear needs to be reversed pronto.

not big on the lore but, skyrim seemed to be pushing a very late roman occupied britain vibe.

if thats the case i see the next game taking place in the wake of a falling empire.

so i'd like to see pretty much anyware trying to cope without the protection of the empire, if i had my way it would be with the orcs.

love me my tes orcs

It can be about whatever it wants, I just want it to be HUGE. I'm looking forward to the day I get to walk all the way across Tamriel in one game. I'm looking for something the size of the TES2 except for not randomized. I'll wait ten years for it if need be. Let's do this.

shadow_Fox81:
not big on the lore but, skyrim seemed to be pushing a very late roman occupied britain vibe.

if thats the case i see the next game taking place in the wake of a falling empire.

so i'd like to see pretty much anyware trying to cope without the protection of the empire, if i had my way it would be with the orcs.

love me my tes orcs

Unfortunately the orcs don't have their own country so that could be difficult. Or are you meaning everyone trying to protect themselves from the orcs?

OT: The OP's idea of the dwarves returning sounds pretty awesome to me. Crazy steampunk elves + high elven magic vs. the world.

I really like the idea of the Dwarves reappearing, as I find them to be one of the most interesting races.

I also think it would be pretty awesome if they would make a game that takes place in the past so we could see the old Dwemer empire in all its glory.

I hope the next story will focus on the politics and court intrigue like Morrowind. Sure we can save the world but I would like a court to represent. Maybe bring them to power and crush the courts enemy's and help the court grow from a simple house to whole wing of government. That sounds better than another, save the world plot. I loved choosing a great house in Morrowind and bring them over their enemy's and building the stronghold. Pick a court, increase their economy, power, influence and standing. I'd LOVE that!

That's why going back to Highrock would be fun. That or I would also like to explore a desert like Elswyr or Hammerfell. I'm curious to see who the canon victor was in the civil war was in skyrim. It would be nice the see Tamriel unified under the empire again.

Volan:
snip

Bethesda confirmed years ago that the entire Dwemer race was absorbed into the giant robot/golem they were building called Numidium,they will NEVER come back. There might be a holdout or two like the Dwemer guy from Morrowind, but as a race they are gone.
Furthermore at the end of the civil war Tullius, Ulfirc, and The Doavhkiin took the first steps into becoming Talos, the nature of the events as they happened in skyrim will most likely lead to a Dragonbreak were both ends to the civil war happened.

Lorkhan that is Akatosh, the son(s) of Sithis who is Anuiel, who are themselves the soul(s) of Anu and Padomey incarnate, who hides himself under the mask of Talos, used his avatars, Ulfirc, Tullius, and the doavhkiin, to replace himself the pantheon of gods, since his old form was failing.

SajuukKhar:

Volan:
snip

Bethesda confirmed years ago that the entire Dwemer race was absorbed into the giant robot/golem they were building called Numidium,they will NEVER come back. There might be a holdout or two like the Dwemer guy from Morrowind, but as a race they are gone.

Furthermore at the end of the civil war Tullius, Ulfirc, and the doavhkiin took the first steps into becoming Talos, the events as they happened in skyrim will most likely lead to a Dragonbreak were both ends to the civil war happened.

Lorkhan that is Akatosh, the son(s) of Sithis, who hides himself under the mask of Talos used his avatrs, Ulfirc, tullius, and the doavhkiin, to replace himselfin the pantheon of gods.

Mind telling me where you heard that about the Numidium? I've heard that as a theory, but never seen anything in the way of confirmation.

Hal10k:
Mind telling me where you heard that about the Numidium? I've heard that as a theory, but never seen anything in the way of confirmation.

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/interviews-skeleton-man
The skeleton man interview were a bunch of Bethesda devs roleplayed characters and explained about some stuff in Morrowind.

"Ah. I will tell you the truth, because you will believe none of it. The Brass God is Anumidum, the Prime Gestalt. He is also called the divine skin. He was meant to be used many times by our kind to transcend the Gray Maybe.

The first to see him was the Shop Foremer, Kagrenac of Vvardenfell, the wisest of the tonal architects [Mechanists - MN] Do not think as others do that Kagrenac created the Anumidum for petty motivations, such as a refutation of the gods. Kagrenac was devoted to his people, and the Dwarves, despite what you may have read, were a pious lot-he would not have sacrificed so many of their golden souls to create Anumidum's metal body if it were all in the name of grand theater. Kagrenac had even built the tools needed to construct a Mantella, the Crux of Transcendence. But, by then, and for a long time coming, the Doom of the Dwarves marched upon the Mountain and they were removed from this world."
It was later confirmed by Michael Kirkbride, a Bethesda lore writer known as MK on the forums.
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/482103-made-up-word-round-up/page__p__6918676#entry6918676

MK:

"Kagrenac was devoted to his people, and the Dwarves, despite what you may have read, were a pious lot-he would not have sacrificed so many of their golden souls to create Anumidum's metal body if it were all in the name of grand theater. Kagrenac had even built the tools needed to construct a Mantella, the Crux of Transcendence."

Okay. So now everyone can stop posting about where the Dwarves went. I TOLD YOU EIGHTY YEARS AGO.

Filthy with it, I am.

I could see them expanded on the Dominion-Anti-Dominion conflicts within Skyrim in the form of DLC. This likely wouldn't be anything too big, but smaller-scale conflicts, like the Dominion presence in Elswyer could be expanded upon. They could even do something similar to Obsidian with New Vegas, creating DLC that has an overarching story, though if it's about the Dominion, it would probably be a bit more overt than something like, evidence of Ulysses in Dead Money.

Given that Pelinal Whitestrake, The Divine Crusader from Knights of the Nine, came from the future, and there was no Talos in his time, it is possible that The Thalmor end up taking out Talos for good.

I would love to see that happen in a DLC. The death of Talos.
I could also see a DLC dealing with the Falmer, it is strongly hinted that they are preparing for a massive invasion of the surface.

Volan:
Now comes the theory part - I suggest the next game should see the return of the Dwemer.

In my own drafted theories, that will occur in an EP; possibly the very first expansion they release. this is because their EPs carry lore and apply them from the core game, something teh standalones do not, but the EPs never shy to do something big also. My backup to this is the fact that Blackreach is massive. The game files recognise it as an outdoor area for goodness sake, and there's the ghost city, and several out-laying Dwemer complexes that really have nothing in them, not any good loot or any tough enemies. Why have a massive cavern, a main city of the Dwemer, with multiple points of access, if you're only going to go in there once, maybe twice?

As for the Aldmiri Dominion and the Empire? I also think their conflict will be resolved in the second EP. Bethtesda have never kept Tamriel world affairs flowing from one game to the next, each one is a "clean slate", I believe Todd Howard said (paraphrasing).

Well, to be honest it's a 50/50 theory on that, or an invasion by the Akaviri Tsaesci, as they were supposed to be invading within 200 years of the invasion by Uriel Septim V, and it's now been 250 years since his expedition to their lands had failed.

It won't be the second war at all, as that is quite plausibly hinged on the fate of Skyrim. If they were going to do wars, why no the first war? Plus:

No, it's nothing like that. Typically though from one game to the next whether it's Oblivion, Fallout 3, or Skyrim -- we want the player to feel like they're in an all-new experience. All the lore carries on from one TES game to the next, but if Skyrim was your first Elder Scrolls game experience, you wouldn't feel like you're missing a huge chunk of the story.

That's Todd saying, in a puffed out fashion, each game starts from scratch, just with the lore of the other games written in. So sorry for debunking your idea, but at least you can come up with another one, your guesses are as good as ours!

Bvenged:
snip

I would love to hear your theories about how the dwemer are going to un-merge their souls from a giant robot.

Also Blackreach is the mainbase of the falmer/where the falmer fought the Dwemer in the old days.

I see two main possibilities for the second game

1. Hammerfell: It's the only human area that the elder scrolls games hasn't focused on. I'm not saying they won't do an elder scrolls game in the homeland of another species (morrowind disproves that) but it's easier to relate with human characters. It's invasion by the thalmor and the fact it has some dwemmer ruins makes this more likely.I think your character would be a sword singer (or at least would be able to use some of their lesser abilities). Most of the knowledge is lost but I think they stored it in a unique way (I could be wrong there though). Their is also according to usep their god of "perseverance over infidels" which sometimes materialises when it's needed (aka any time now to help kill the thalmor). The desert setting would also be interesting.

2.Elsweyr: It's currently occupied by the thalmor which is a plus, they'll probably rebel sooner or later. There is also a khajit called the mane (again according to usep) that is reborn in different bodies and leads the khajit, seems quite similar to the Dragonborn and Nerevarine.

I would love to see Black Marsh and Elsweyr in one game with that sliver of Cyrodil with Leyawin and Bravil also playable.

I think they would offer a lot to the game as the Empire tries to make Black Marsh more civilised and The Aldmeri Dominion makes it's efforts in Elsweyr. It would also mean you get the Dark Brotherhood covering the Shadowscales and trying to restore it to it's former glory again.

Elsweyr, Valenwood and the Summerset Isle are all potential candidates for sequels. Elsweyr and Valenwood seem more likely to be DLC, however.

Also, while I don't particularly want this in the next sequel, it would be very cool to see the other continents come into play.

95spartans:

1. Hammerfell: It's the only human area that the elder scrolls games hasn't focused on. I'm not saying they won't do an elder scrolls game in the homeland of another species (morrowind disproves that) but it's easier to relate with human characters. It's invasion by the thalmor and the fact it has some dwemmer ruins makes this more likely.I think your character would be a sword singer (or at least would be able to use some of their lesser abilities). Most of the knowledge is lost but I think they stored it in a unique way (I could be wrong there though). Their is also according to usep their god of "perseverance over infidels" which sometimes materialises when it's needed (aka any time now to help kill the thalmor). The desert setting would also be interesting.

Hammerfell is possible

the redguards have a power similar to the Thu'Um called sword-singing which would allow Bethesda to make a power similar but different in the game.

I really don't see there being enough "epic" to a war with the elves, They are, after all, just humanoid enemies, fairly mundane. As for the Dwemer, possibly the same, but there's definitely potential.
Personally, I'd love to see something to do with Akavir. An invasion by or against them, from the in-game books they sound incredibly interesting.

SadisticBrownie:
I really don't see there being enough "epic" to a war with the elves, They are, after all, just humanoid enemies, fairly mundane. As for the Dwemer, possibly the same, but there's definitely potential.
Personally, I'd love to see something to do with Akavir. An invasion by or against them, from the in-game books they sound incredibly interesting.

The Altmer have sunbirds, giant flying birdships made up of the sun.
I could see the Akaviki under the leadership of Tosh Raka, the Akaviri name for Akatosh, coming and waging a war.

Great idea. I hope it takes part in a slightly more colourful world then Skyrim. Not to say I didn't love Skyrim. I even loved the way everything looked, I just find it nice to imagine a really colourful TES-game. Hmm :)

SajuukKhar:

Bvenged:
snip

I would love to hear your theories about how the dwemer are going to un-merge their souls from a giant robot.

Also Blackreach is the mainbase of the falmer/where the falmer fought the Dwemer in the old days.

Their entire race was never used to become the soul of Numidium. In fact, Numidium was a running, working robot before the Dwemer disappearance. They disappeared after their de facto leader failed to make their race immortal using a spell and tools on the Heart of Lorkhan, which was going to be used as a power source for Numidium, but never was. The Numidium in Morrowind does use the Heart, but it was a different Numidium to the one at the time of the Dwemers.

"Blackreach is an ancient Dwemer ruin located in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Blackreach is a colossal underground cavern found under the Tower of Mzark, filled with glowing mushrooms and Falmer. The cavern encompasses the area between three Dwemer cities-- Alftand, Mzinchaleft, and Raldbthar-- and connects them."

The very first paragraph to the wiki article, Blackreach. It is a giant cavern spacing between a hub of three massive Dwemer cities. In-game, this is seen as the ghost city (the one under the giant golden globe) and outer complexes that contain little more than a room or two and some poor loot.

I'd love to hear your theories after reading that. Also, source your info or it is nothing more than speculation. I've read a fuck-load in the 2 wiki's of TES, and many of the in-game books. I'm always fact-checking myself so I try and avoid bullshit as much as possible.

Bvenged:
Their entire race was never used to become the soul of Numidium. In fact, Numidium was a running, working robot before the Dwemer disappearance. They disappeared after their de facto leader. the Numidium in Morrowind was different to the Numidium at the time of the races' disappearance.

1. The Elder Scrolls wiki is a terrible source of Lore, most of it is fanon or unsourced, UESP or the Imperial Library are the ONLY places you should EVER get lore from. The Elder scrolls wiki says Akulakan was Anumimidum, when in fact Numidium was Anumidium

2. Numidium was NOT working before the Dwemer disappeared.

3. I know Akulakan in Morrowind is not the same robot as Numidium.

4. BETHESDA THEMSELVES said that is what happened in The skeleton man interview were a bunch of Bethesda devs roleplayed characters and explained about some stuff in Morrowind.
http://www.imperial-library.info/content/interviews-skeleton-man

"Ah. I will tell you the truth, because you will believe none of it. The Brass God is Anumidum, the Prime Gestalt. He is also called the divine skin. He was meant to be used many times by our kind to transcend the Gray Maybe.

The first to see him was the Shop Foremer, Kagrenac of Vvardenfell, the wisest of the tonal architects [Mechanists - MN] Do not think as others do that Kagrenac created the Anumidum for petty motivations, such as a refutation of the gods. Kagrenac was devoted to his people, and the Dwarves, despite what you may have read, were a pious lot-he would not have sacrificed so many of their golden souls to create Anumidum's metal body if it were all in the name of grand theater. Kagrenac had even built the tools needed to construct a Mantella, the Crux of Transcendence. But, by then, and for a long time coming, the Doom of the Dwarves marched upon the Mountain and they were removed from this world."

5. It was later confirmed by Michael Kirkbride, a Bethesda lore writer known as MK on the forums.
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/482103-made-up-word-round-up/page__p__6918676#entry6918676

MK:

"Kagrenac was devoted to his people, and the Dwarves, despite what you may have read, were a pious lot-he would not have sacrificed so many of their golden souls to create Anumidum's metal body if it were all in the name of grand theater. Kagrenac had even built the tools needed to construct a Mantella, the Crux of Transcendence."

Okay. So now everyone can stop posting about where the Dwarves went. I TOLD YOU EIGHTY YEARS AGO.

Filthy with it, I am.

Bvenged:
"Blackreach is an ancient Dwemer ruin located in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Blackreach is a colossal underground cavern found under the Tower of Mzark, filled with glowing mushrooms and Falmer. The cavern encompasses the area between three Dwemer cities-- Alftand, Mzinchaleft, and Raldbthar-- and connects them."

The very first paragraph to the wiki article, Blackreach.

I'd love to hear your theories after reading that. Also, source your info or it is nothing more than speculation. I've read a fuck-load in the 2 wiki's of TES, and many of the in-game books. I'm always fact-checking myself so I try and avoid bullshit as much as possible.

LOL the elder scrolls wiki is a TERRIBLE source of information. Seriously dont EVER EVER EVER use The Elder Scrolls wiki as a source for lore.

http://uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Falmer:_A_Study
But where the story of the ancient snow elves ends, that of the current-day Falmer begins. For when the snow elf host was shattered on that fateful day, it did not simply disperse - it descended. Into the earth, deep underground. For the Falmer sought sanctuary in the most unlikely of places - Blackreach, far beneath the surface of Skyrim, in the legendary realm of the Dwemer themselves.

Yes, Blackreach exists. I have been there, and unlike most of those who have witnessed its terrible glories, I have returned. And I now know the truth about the Falmer..................................But as is always the story with slaves and their masters, the Falmer eventually rebelled. Generations after they first sought solace among the dwarves, and experienced bitter betrayal, the Falmer rose up against their oppressors. The [sic] overthrew the dwarves, and fled even further down, into Blackreach's deepest, most hidden reaches.

For decade upon decade, the two sides waged a bitter conflict. A full-fledged and bloody "War of the Crag" that raged deep below Skyrim's surface, completely unbeknownst to the Nords above, a war whose battles and heroes must forever remain lost to our knowledge. Until one day, the war ended. For on that day, the Falmer went to meet their Dwemer foes in battle, only to find that the entire race had... vanished.
Blackreach was were the Dwemer and Falmer fought their war.

ilovemyLunchbox:
It can be about whatever it wants, I just want it to be HUGE. I'm looking forward to the day I get to walk all the way across Tamriel in one game. I'm looking for something the size of the TES2 except for not randomized. I'll wait ten years for it if need be. Let's do this.

Good LORD yes. Whatever it is, IT MUST NOT BE RUSHED. Someone serious about the quality of the game and the lore needs to be in control of the project. Fuck the industry, it's doing fine. The Elder Scrolls deserves better than pure overhead sales figures.

SajuukKhar:
snip

Alright, I'm gonna' be a man and apologise, it seems the TES wiki is full of fanon and my own reading of the in-game books is misinterpretation and my own clouded judgement. I suppose I saw what I wanted to see in them, and not what was actually there; even if your own facts are more from interviews than information fed via the games.

But regardless, what's not to say a splinter of the Dwemer race are actually still around? I recall reading in UESP somewhere that the Dwemer were trying to get to Aetherius at the same time they disappeared. While most of the race was destroyed, couldn't some of them have been "away" like Yagrum Bagarn was?

And Blackreach seems like way too much an important place to have multiple elevators and be class as an outdoor area and contain the ruins of 3 cities, not to mention being a hub of the Falmer; just to pass through once and return to collect some Crimson Nirnroot. It's an ideal location to stage the beginning or entire setting of an EP.
-
-
I am also aware of the Falmer backstory, but wasn't their war fought at Red Mountain at the time of the Dwemer disappearance? Or was Blackreach the site of the first war they had before they devised Numidium?

Bvenged:

Alright, I'm gonna' be a man and apologise, it seems the TES wiki is full of fanon and my own reading of the in-game books is misinterpretation and my own clouded judgement. I suppose I saw what I wanted to see in them, and not what was actually there.

But regardless, what's not to say a splinter of the Dwemer race are actually still around? I recall reading in UESP somewhere that the Dwemer were trying to get to Aetherius at the same time they disappeared. While most of the race was destroyed, couldn't some of them have been "away" like Yagrum Bagarn was?

And Blackreach seems like way too much an important place to have multiple elevators and be class as an outdoor area and contain the ruins of 3 cities, not to mention being a hub of the Falmer; just to pass through once and return to collect some Crimson Nirnroot. It's an ideal location to stage the beginning or entire setting of an EP.

It IS possible a small splinter group of the Dwemer lives, but Yagrum's inability to find any since the Dwemer disappeared, 4,000 years ago, makes it unlikely.

Also if blackreach is part of a DLC it would be about going further down to stop some Falmer.

SajuukKhar:

Bvenged:
snip

It IS possible a small splinter group of the Dwemer lives, but Yagrum's inability to find any since the Dwemer disappeared, 4,000 years ago, makes it unlikely.

Also if blackreach is part of a DLC it would be about going further down to stop some Falmer.

EDIT; corrections:

Yes, but it was thought no mortal could ever enter the plain of Atherius without dying, unlike Oblivion, and that nothing can escape Aetherius via conventional methods such as summoning or portal-out. The Dwemer were planning to get into Aetherius as living mortals and not deceased souls, researching a way at the time they vanished. Some could have succeeded.

We all also know what TES likes to do by fucking up the cannon. The Shivering Isles with you resisting madness and becoming a deadric prince... Closing the gates of Oblivion and returning. Stopping multiple evil gods and their plague-like concoctions. Causing the timeline itself to fuck up... What's not to say the Dragonborn can't tell the gods to sod off with their physical laws between the plains of existence and go the hell right into Aetherius using a device found deep in a city of Blackreach, meet some Dwemer, stop a bad god (because Aetherius is for the good gods, so to speak) then return clutching some awesome outer-realm loot?

To say that The Dwemer wanted to reach Atherius is technically incorrect, they wanted to un-make themselves, they wanted to return to the beginning place, before Anu and Padomey met, before there was Atherius, or Oblivion, or Mundus.

Furthermore The Dwemer were known to travel between the various realms and may have already gone to Atherius before, if some did up there I would think they would have returned already.

Yes, I recall reading about them going to many plains already but like I said, maybe a splinter group stayed as they thought of it as a paradise (though be it, an imperfect paradise). Aetherius is the ying to the Oblivion yang, so it would be a shame if the PC never goes there. So much Lore potential there as well, with all those Aedra.

SajuukKhar:

Bvenged:

Alright, I'm gonna' be a man and apologise, it seems the TES wiki is full of fanon and my own reading of the in-game books is misinterpretation and my own clouded judgement. I suppose I saw what I wanted to see in them, and not what was actually there.

Its also possible they could retcon their entire explanation about that. Until its done in game we will never know. DO NOT take this as me hoping they will..i hate retcons... have your damn shit straightened out before making something... I personally do hope they stay with their original explanation and keep it that way.

OT: i would love for them to set the next game across all of temriel during which you end up tied up in the second war with the aldmeri dominion and eventually will be forced to choose a side..... thats what I would love to happen in a next game...or as expansions to skyrim that would work too. Honestly i think it could be a great game if done right.

Bvenged:
Yes, I recall reading about them going to many plains already but like I said, maybe a splinter group stayed as they thought of it as a paradise (though be it, an imperfect paradise). Aetherius is the ying to the Oblivion yang, so it would be a shame if the PC never goes there. So much Lore potential there as well, with all those Aedra.

The Aedra do not live in Atherius, The Et'ada do.

The Aedra live on, and are, the various planes that mortals see as planets, all of which are in Mundus, which is surrounded by Oblivion.

Furthermore we DO go to Atherius in Skyrim, Sovenguard is part of Atherius.

Also Atherius is not really that perfect, it is just a realm of magic

SajuukKhar:

Furthermore at the end of the civil war Tullius, Ulfirc, and The Doavhkiin took the first steps into becoming Talos, the nature of the events as they happened in skyrim will most likely lead to a Dragonbreak were both ends to the civil war happened.

Lorkhan that is Akatosh, the son(s) of Sithis who is Anuiel, who are themselves the soul(s) of Anu and Padomey incarnate, who hides himself under the mask of Talos, used his avatars, Ulfirc, Tullius, and the doavhkiin, to replace himself the pantheon of gods, since his old form was failing.

Can someone explain this to me - I've seen peopl chatting about it but I can't see evidence for it in game or find any in depth explanations on the internet for it so I am just slightly confused.

The return of the Dwemer? Great idea, we could even have a Steampunk setting for the Aldmeri Dominion's cities... Or maybe the Dwemer would themselves form a separate faction, hence causing the Second Great War to become a three-way conflict?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked