Console games you like to see a petition for to be released on PC

Pages 1 2 NEXT

With the recent release of the awesome Alan Wake on Steam, and the excitement surrounding the upcoming release of Dark Souls on PC later this year, I figured it was a good time to write a topic like this and ask what games that have been out on consoles that you would like to see a petition for to be released on PC.

For me, I would love to see a petition for Valkyria Chronicles to be released on PC. Why? Because back when I owned a PS3, this was one of my all-time favourite games for the system. The cel-shaded graphics and art style were impressive, the story was pretty good and actually showed gamers the horrors of war which games like COD fail to do these days, the characters were likable (most of them at least), and the gameplay was awesome as well. I would like to see this released on PC at some point (with the help of a petition, of course), and this version could have some improvements made to it such as packaging all of the DLC with the game, updated resolutions, maybe even include a soundtrack with it like some PC games do these days, and finally not release it with GFWL (since the gaming community knows how much you don't want this to be with Dark Souls, even though several other games have released with it, and you haven't cared in the slightest), but then again, it probably wouldn't release under GFWL because of it being a PS3 game.

And finally, for those who are thinking "It'll never happen because it's a Sony exclusive/it's designed just for consoles etc", then let me remind you that while that might be the case, I think that anything is possible with PC releases. I personally didn't think that Alan Wake would be released on PC, and yet just this year, it happened, and the sales for the PC version of that game were very good as well, so I would like to believe that just because it's exclusive to a console doesn't mean a PC release is impossible.

So anyway, that's my personal choice for a PC release. How about you though? What console game would you like to see a PC version of? Would you sign a petition for you choice? Leave your choices in this topic and let the community know what you think. Thanks for reading!

Metal Gear Solid (Please!)
Halo 3 (for multi-player)

Those are the only 2 I can really think of..

Gran Turismo, MGS, nothing else really.

If there are several games on consoles that you wish were on PC.

Why don't you just buy the console?

Daystar Clarion:

This was my thought also... but you already know the answer "PC is such a better platform.. blah blah"

But yeah, if a game is REALLY good on a console, doesn't make it REALLY good on PC.

The PC version of Metal Gear Solid 2 was HORRIBLE. In fact ports have a tendency to be bad.

Daystar Clarion:

Cause then the PC master race would have to admit that consoles are worth buying too. We can't be having that!

Red Dead Redemption comes to mind.

Journey is all I can think of.

It would be funny to put Gears of War onto the PC so it can sink and die, that way we can all laugh in Cliff B's face for his "All PC gamers are thieving pirates" remark.

Lot's of indies.

Oh man there are so many goodies, Journey, Pixel Junk Shooter, LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet and Clank, RDR, Uncharted, God of War(if the QTE guy gets shot first), Demons Souls,... and possibly many more that escape me at the moment.
Or just wait for the next console cycle and get it all on the cheap.

Bad ports aside, a cable xbox 360 controller works great on the pc =) been loving playing kingdoms of amalar sooo i guess i wouldn't mind some decent hack and slash titles or adventure ones.

To be specific? well i can't now that i come to think about it ^^,most decent games are released multi platform these days anyways... Maybe a few jrpgs such as magna carta 2 or persona etc :)

Have yet to see any PC master race guys here but sure is avid console lovers :P

Off topic:
I couldn't care either way im lucky enough to be out of school so no one harps on about one console being better than another at work hehe. Most decent games are cross platform anyway so makes no difference to me. also disposable income all the way :>

Daystar Clarion:

Why spend money on a console if you have the power to get them over to the PC and only have to pay $50-60 per game? Much cheaper than buying a $300 console and a couple $50-60 games. Besides there might only be a few games you actually want from the console while you own everything else on your computer, it'd be a wasteful investment.

Daystar Clarion:

Because you have them on console but would prefer to own them on PC with all the things PC games bring.

I understand how you feel. I love Valkyria Chronicles.

Isn't there a PS3 emulator being developed though, or is that just a rumor?

OT: Since I'm mainly a console gamer, I don't really wish for anything to be ported over to the PC yet. Although if I were to have one game to share with my PC comrades, it would probably be Journey for the PS3. I know a lot of people wished that game would be on the PC.

Adam Jensen:
Red Dead Redemption comes to mind.

Yep, Red Dead is also pretty much all I can think of aside from those Games that would never get a PC Release anyway. Like anything that is a non 360 exclusive.

Any good JRPG.

Daystar Clarion:

Id have to buy TV too, i dont have such thing.

Anyway Last guardian and MGS4. Already finished Ico and SotC on emulator.

From what I've heard, Uncharted 2+3 and Twisted Metal (though maybe it's better if they port it to 360).

Qitz:
It would be funny to put Gears of War onto the PC so it can sink and die, that way we can all laugh in Cliff B's face for his "All PC gamers are thieving pirates" remark.

Well Gears 1 was on PC and did quite well due to the fact that it was a well done port. What he said may not have been very nice or even true, but at least his company is not actively fucking over PC gamers with overzealous DRM (I'm looking at you, Ubisoft). Last month he was even encouraging new devs to release on PC.

All of them. Even the one I dislike and / or hate. Really, I want to see that stupid wall named "exclusives" burn.

Daystar Clarion:

I don't own a TV. I simply don't have the money to buy a TV big enough so that the stupid FoV doesn't blow my head to smitherines. I also don't want another box catching dust standing here.

iBagel:

http://pc.ign.com/objects/014/014593.html - Metal Gear Solid exists on the PC already.

Granted, Halo 3 doesn't, but Halo CE and Halo 2 does so you can still get your multiplayer fix there.

Vhite:
Any good JRPG.

Final Fantasy VII not good enough for you? FF8 and others also exist in "glorious high res" on the PC. The Ys series has made several ports as well.

Don't neglect the PC exclusive rpgs though. Septerra Core is an often forgotten JRPG-style gem that didn't get any widespread attention since PC gamers didn't appreciate those kinds of games at the time.

scorptatious:

If it is true, then you're going to need an incredibly powerful PC, when i say incredibly, I'm saying at least an 8-core processor with 8-12 GB's of RAM and one of the latest graphics cards. Even the last console generation emulators need a decent PC to run properly.

ActionDan:

scorptatious:

If it is true, then you're going to need an incredibly powerful PC, when i say incredibly, I'm saying at least an 8-core processor with 8-12 GB's of RAM and one of the latest graphics cards. Even the last console generation emulators need a decent PC to run properly.

Emulation always depends on how efficient the emulator is at transcribing the emulated format into instructions that your own hardware can understand and vice verca. The general rule of thumb seems to be that you need between 4-10 times the pure power of the emulated hardware in a tested, optimized and well-written emulator while experimental emulators can require much higher power levels for optimal function.

To take a few well known examples... zSNES worked fine on PCs sporting 125 MHz CPUs back in the day with virtually no slowdown at all without noticable frameskipping. Snes9x for the PSP still has a very hard time keeping up in most games unless you overclock the CPU in the PSP to somewhere around 333 MHz, especially in Mode 7.

Long story short, I'd wager it'll be a very long way before you see any PS3 or X360 emulators out there, especially since any programmer could barely test their code using the current hardware they'd have at home and get a satisfactory result.

Asukachan:

iBagel:

http://pc.ign.com/objects/014/014593.html - Metal Gear Solid exists on the PC already.

Granted, Halo 3 doesn't, but Halo CE and Halo 2 does so you can still get your multiplayer fix there.

I should have said the rest of the MGS series.
And Halo 2 sucks balls

Mainly 360 exclusives so i can play them
if there is one thing i can say is that the 360 has some damn good indie games.

Vhite:
Any good JRPG.

I agree. I'd love to see more JRPGs released on PC.

I would love to see -

Skullgirl (Well on Steam.)
3d Dot Hero
Bayonetta
Anarchy Reigns
Journey

The Rock Band series
Kingdom Hearts
Final Fantasy X
The WWE/Smackdown games
Ocarina of Time

Daystar Clarion:

Because my computer is HD, my TV is not. My computer is already here. A console, not so much. My computer can be upgraded far cheaper than a new console can be purchased. My games on PC don't just suddenly stop working because we've "moved on to a new generation".

I have a 360. I have a Wii. But neither gets used, because the PC is simply far more convenient for me. And I'd guess I'm far from the only one. My 360 stopped getting used when every game assumed that I had an HD screen, and the on-screen menus were either blurry or cut off on my 15-year old television. I don't want to buy a new TV. I never watch TV, and I never really use my consoles anymore. My computer has my DVD/Blu-ray player, my computer has my games. With the exception of two series (Rock Band and WWE), everything I'm interested in is either on PC already, or old enough that I couldn't play it on the current gen consoles anyway. It's far more reasonable to wish the games would come to the device I have, rather than buying a bunch of things I don't need for a couple of games.

Hazy992:

Daystar Clarion:

Cause then the PC master race would have to admit that consoles are worth buying too. We can't be having that!

I own 11 consoles and a PC, but I still prefer to buy any game on PC when I can.

Dragons Dogma seems like an interesting game but it will only come out for PS3 and Xbox360

Never had a console. PC all the fucking way. From Amiga to i7.

NHL
Red Dead Redemption

Those two at least.

Probably just Metal Gear Solid series. In fact if they released MGS games on PC i think i could stop owning a console all together.

TheKasp:
All of them. Even the one I dislike and / or hate. Really, I want to see that stupid wall named "exclusives" burn.

I think you might have won this thread. Congratulations!

Captcha: hot diggity dog

(apparently Captcha agrees!)

I'd definitely agree with the MGS series, that would be an excellent series to have on PC. I mean the WHOLE series too so I could finally see them all.

I know this will never happen, because they're Sony exclusives. But I was actually thinking the other day how I'd love to see a petition for Flow, Flower, and Journey to all be made multi-platform, or at least be released on PC. They are meant to be some of the most artistic and best indie games of the current generation, and yet most people can't play them because they're limited to one console. I don't have a PS3, yet would gladly pay double the retail price for the chance to play each of those games, so why the hell won't Sony simply allow them to be multi-platform and take my money? I would actually post the 'Fry's Money' picture here if I could be arsed to find it and type the image tags...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked