Let's Help Get Seiken Densetsu 3(Secret of Mana 2) Localized/Official Release

Hey I have been subscribed to this guy on Youtube for a while and his latest video is something I think people may be interested in. It is a review of Seiken Densetsu 3, which in most English speaking countries is called Secret of Mana 2 (or that's what it would be called had it ever gotten an official release)

Here's the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgAUkFVW8fg&feature=plcp&context=C409bdfdVDvjVQa1PpcFMdkNMR-WAyvQj-l671swJx-HxLyvmfGR8%3D

"So it is a neat review, why should I care?" Well, in the spirit of consumer/fan movements like Operation Rainfall and 100,000 strong for Mega man Legends 3 the filmmaker here has started Operation Manafall, which is a full-blown movement to convince square enix to localize Seiken Densetsu 3!

Link to Operation Manafall Facebook page:http://www.facebook.com/OperationManafall

*Note: Yes, I know there is a Fan Translation out there. The guy even mentions it in his video, but that still doesn't mean people can't ask for an official release. Just wanted to say that before I get any more post about it.

So... He want what's already exist on the internet for ages?

Diablo2000:
So... He want what's already exist on the internet for ages?

An official release is always nice and it might result in a larger fan-base for the game. Also, some people enjoy playing a game legitimately and not having to deal with the legal/moral gray area of roms and emulators.

its already been fan translated

I think this is a really cool idea!! Secret of Mana 2 is awesome on an emulator but it has a lot of bugs, and it's hard to play with other people. I would love to see a re-release like they did for Chrono Trigger for the DS, and maybe have multiplayer.

also maybe if it sold well maybe they would start making Mana games again. I heard they aren't gonna make anymore cause the last ones didnt sell well, but they also were like very different games from Secret of Mana so they should have known better.

I support this!

locke:
I think this is a really cool idea!! Secret of Mana 2 is awesome on an emulator but it has a lot of bugs, and it's hard to play with other people. I would love to see a re-release like they did for Chrono Trigger for the DS, and maybe have multiplayer.

also maybe if it sold well maybe they would start making Mana games again. I heard they aren't gonna make anymore cause the last ones didnt sell well, but they also were like very different games from Secret of Mana so they should have known better.

I support this!

Speaking of Chrono Trigger DS, a handheld release for Seiken Densetsu 3 seems like a perfect idea. I find that many of the RPGs I play are ones that I own on handhelds, especially ones that have a sort of retro feel. Although, a release for the current home consoles could open up some room for greater game enhancements (graphics, sound, online support, ect.)

Ian Lutz:

locke:

I support this!

Speaking of Chrono Trigger DS, a handheld release for Seiken Densetsu 3 seems like a perfect idea. I find that many of the RPGs I play are ones that I own on handhelds, especially ones that have a sort of retro feel. Although, a release for the current home consoles could open up some room for greater game enhancements (graphics, sound, online support, ect.)

Handhelds are good for a multiplayer game because people can take the game with them and play with others when they get bored. Like if you're on a road trip in the back of a car.

Home releases are cool too though. I like the feel of a controller in my hands.

locke:

Ian Lutz:

locke:

I support this!

Handhelds are good for a multiplayer game because people can take the game with them and play with others when they get bored. Like if you're on a road trip in the back of a car.

Home releases are cool too though. I like the feel of a controller in my hands.

There are definitely pros and cons to a release on either platform. Actually there is a whole poll on the Operation Manafall facebook page to see which platform fans want to see a release on the most. Currently the winner is the wii virtual console, but I would only recommend that to square enix if their goal was to do a straight port (with a translation of course!)

Wii would be okay I guess but 3DS would be even better!!

locke:
Wii would be okay I guess but 3DS would be even better!!

Totally, excluding downloadable games (since I haven't checked those in a while) there are only a handful of RPGs currently on the platform and while Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked and Tales of the Abyss are really good games there is still plenty of room for a RPG to thrive on the platform.

but I've already played through it 3 time (Riesz FTW btw)
now if you were to say 3DS remake, I'll back that up like the fist of an angry god punishing sinners

I've said a million times before I'll say it again this game needs a 3DS remake, imagine same gameplay with extra dungeons, items, characters, quest, etc. with graphic system similar to Super Mario Land 3DS or Kid Icarus with an overhead camera like the one they used in Dragon Quest IX or The Legend of Zelda The Spirit Tracks

I like Seiken Densetsu 3 and I want to see a NA release on whatever handheld Square Enix chooses (this gamer does not have time for console war bullshit).

However why stop with just one game? I want to see a North American version of Terranigma, which is my all time favorite Snes game. How about Bahamut Lagoon, live a live, most Wizardy games released after 2001?

Huh someone shared one of his videos here and there's no mass objection odd. That was exactly why I didn't share it myself. Still I support him on this and already liked the fanpage. Also I would love for them to continue the games since they were absolutely amazing. I own Sword of Mana on the GBA and absolutely love it and I'm thinking of getting Legend of Mana soon. Honestly Square Enix is sitting on so many great IPs it's absurd. With some marketing they could have way more major franchises than just Final Fantasy.

i can get behind this.

its retarded they've done nothing at all with this, or any of the Mana games really

GZGoten:
Riesz FTW

pfff!! Angela!

GZGoten:
but I've already played through it 3 time (Riesz FTW btw)
now if you were to say 3DS remake, I'll back that up like the fist of an angry god punishing sinners

I've said a million times before I'll say it again this game needs a 3DS remake, imagine same gameplay with extra dungeons, items, characters, quest, etc. with graphic system similar to Super Mario Land 3DS or Kid Icarus with an overhead camera like the one they used in Dragon Quest IX or The Legend of Zelda The Spirit Tracks

Well there is a poll on the Operation Manafall FB page that has 3ds on it. 5 votes so far! Virtual console seems to be winning right now though

Acctually it would bbe kind of cool, with hd sounds and so on, and some kind of multiplayer component.

I love and loved this game, so i wouldn't mind, heck i would be super interested in a re-release :D

Fuck Secret of Mana 2, Where the fuck is my Miles Edgeworth Investigations 2?

TizzytheTormentor:

Go talk to Capcom this is talking to Square Enix.

80Maxwell08:

TizzytheTormentor:

Still applies! Japan has been a real bitch when it comes to localizing games.

Nah, I'm not going to help. Not because of any opinion I have over the game but more because I believe in moving up and on and striving towards the next thing and I think this is more of a regression, moving backwards and trying to recapture the old rather then advancing. Maybe its just my modernist view.

TizzytheTormentor:

80Maxwell08:

TizzytheTormentor:

Still applies! Japan has been a real bitch when it comes to localizing games.

I'm not arguing that at all. There's plenty of games I want that have been Japan only. I'm also hoping for the .hack series to return to the rest of the world and and very glad that XSEED is doing so much localization for the Ys series. Especially Ys Origins which is finally coming to the rest of the world.

Twilight_guy:
Nah, I'm not going to help. Not because of any opinion I have over the game but more because I believe in moving up and on and striving towards the next thing and I think this is more of a regression, moving backwards and trying to recapture the old rather then advancing. Maybe its just my modernist view.

Well there's also remembering the past so you don't make the same mistakes and can learn from it as well.

Twilight_guy:

they can add new features with a re-release, like they did with Chrono Trigger and the Pokemon remakes.

Twilight_guy:

I see your point, not everyone wants to play the same game(s) over and over. That said, understanding of the great games of the past can aid in the game design of the future(or at least that's my view).

Virtual Console seems to be winning, which sucks because I sold my Wii to get a 3DS and wait for WiiU :(
unless the 3DS virtual console is included as well, speaking of which how come no GBA, SNES, or DS titles are available on the 3DS store has Nintendo made any plans to allow the Wii virtual console library to come to the 3DS?

GZGoten:

That would be pretty cool. I for one really enjoyed the remakes of Final Fantasy I and II on the PSP as well as the remake/localization of Final Fantasy III for DS. Best of all I think this means that giving Seiken Densetsu 3 that same kind of treatment is totally 100% within Square enix's power.

GZGoten:
Virtual Console seems to be winning, which sucks because I sold my Wii to get a 3DS and wait for WiiU :(
unless the 3DS virtual console is included as well, speaking of which how come no GBA, SNES, or DS titles are available on the 3DS store has Nintendo made any plans to allow the Wii virtual console library to come to the 3DS?

Honestly I hope it comes to more than just Nintendo consoles. Mostly because I don't use my family's Wii that much since it's in the living room and I don't really care for the 3DS right now. If it does only come to those then I'll still get it but I doubt I'll be able to play it that much.
EDIT: Also to the OP you might see the post on facebook before you read this but I linked him to this post.

Meanwhile, I also would the following games for the Nintendo Online Store, or released for DS:

Games not yet released with US versions:
Soul Blazer
Illusion of Gaia (Illusion of Time in the US)
(AKA the first two games in the "Soul Blazer Trilogy.")
Mother 2/Earthbound.

Games with PAL releases with English translation but no American release:
Terranigma (The last and best game in the "Soul Blazer Trilogy.")

Games that never made it outside Japan:
The "Squaresoft 3" (my title for the three games between the American Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VII releases.):
Live a Live
Bahamut Lagoon (Kazushige Nojima's first script!)
Rudra no Hihou (Typically translated as Treasure of the Rudras)
The three Romancing SaGa titles.
Mother
Mother 3
Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei
Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei II
Shin Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei II
Shin Megami Tensei If

And while we're at it, the GBA version of Tales of Phantasia is an insult to the pioneering game, it'd be great to see a US version of the definitive Playstation remake, or at least an official translation of the SNES game. Also, reprints of the SNES Dragon Quest titles for DS (those fuckers are IMPOSSIBLE to find.)

I'd say we have an entire "Operation Dustfall" on our hands.

If they do release this on 3ds then i might actually buy one. If nintendo is reading this Release this on 3ds youll get way more sales.

If they do release this on 3ds then i might actually buy one. If nintendo is reading this Release this on 3ds youll get way more sales.

Peter Santori:

Agreed on that. Though some work will have to be done for the multiplayer since it was on the SNES so obviously local only. So they would have to redo it but considering how good it is would be absolutely worth it but since the rights belong to Square-Enix you are barking up the wrong tree.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked