5.5% (11)
5.5% (11)
No
94.5% (190)
94.5% (190)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Would you buy an Apple console?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Okay pure and simple, With news that apple could soon enter the Console market, if Apple were to release a games console would you buy it?

Microsoft have a pretty tight grip on the American Market at the moment and Sony and Nintendo on the Japanese market but I want to see how much impact an actual Apple console could have.

Knowing Apple it would be expensive, but it would link with all your Apple devices. But there would also probably be a "new" one released every year or so to keep up with technology.

For me I wouldn't buy one, I'm happy with Sony and Microsoft at the moment, and I don't personally like Apple. Plus I wouldn't want to fork out tonnes of money on the console plus the add-ons.

EDIT: Assuming it had similar specs to the Microsoft 720 and PS4.

How could anyone really answer that without knowing specs, game lineups, features etc?

Think you're probably going to get an overwhelming response of no, regardless of the pointlessness of the question.

Why would you buy an Apple console over a Nintendo console? Everything bad about Nintendo is worse when it comes to Apple and at least with Nintendo there is a chance of some good first party or exclusive games.

Nope. You wont catch me buying any of that overpriced Apple shit.

If it had a bunch of really good games that I couldn't get elsewhere.

And was reasonably priced.

And I had the money to spare.

And if it was any good.

SenorStocks:

There are no other words I could come up with.

SenorStocks:

There are no other words I could come up with.[/quote]

Yeah that's pretty much my view on it too. Prefer to stick with my Xbox

Probably not though I don't see myself buying another console ever regardless of who makes it.

I don't own any other Idevices so linking to them wouldn't be a draw for me, other than that Apple's sale style is generally to cut hardware specs and make up for it in software usability, accessibility and style (with an inflated price for the hardware you purchase). Since the device will only be used as a gateway to play other things with their own UIs and compatibility issues, I don't see that as a good tradeoff.

Nope. Never been a fan of Apple, whether it be their marketing and pricing, their crazed (and possibly crazy) fanbase, or their actual products.

Of course, being a gamer who is actually in it for the games first and foremost I would never say absolutely never. If there were titles I really wanted to play and the price was right, I might at some point cave in, but it would never be because it's anything to do with Apple.

Don't much care for apple. They are the king of the overrated. They charge 20% more than their competitors for the same or even lower quality products. It's going to be a sad day for apple when people have opened their eyes to other tablets than the iPad on a larger extent.
Also, their service isn't the best. I know they launched their 4G compatible iPad of whatever version they're in now here in Sweden recently, with the teeny Little problem that it can only actually receive a 4G Connection in the US and Canada.

I'd only buy a console from them if it was vastly superior to the other consoles.

It'll probably become this generation's 3DO. Ridiculously expensive and an interesting piece of hardware.

I said no but am kind of having second thoughts. Basically I hate Apple and am mainly a PC gamer which is why I said no. But when you think about what Apple did in the music play and phone market, i.e. enter with no prior experience, devastate the competition and create market leading devices, you have to wonder what they could do with a console?

It'd play right to their strengths being a walled garden and having locked down hardware/software. But having said that, I can't see it being a move they'd make, it seems too small, too already established. They wouldn't make just a console, in fact, they've probably done what they would do, the Ipad.

I'm getting an iPhone soon anyway, why would I want to tie myself down to a console to play the games I'd e interetsed in?

no. I dislike Apple as a company, so I take every opportunity to not support them.

they tried the console market in the 90,s and there is a good reason there is no new console of them kicking around.
and even if they did I wouldn't buy it because I,m a PC gamer and hate apple.

henritje:
they tried the console market in the 90,s and there is a good reason there is no new console of them kicking around.

what the hell is that? a boomerang?

anyway...angry birds? with a gamepad? pfffftt yeah no thanks /troll

Hrrrmmm $3000 console with $450 games and $100 day 1 DLC? I'm going to stick with my xbox and pc.

maybe I would have to know more about it before buying
I would be surprised if they did make one though as stated above they already took a mercilessness beating with the pippen

They already made one and I already bought it. It's called iPad.

Probably not. The money Apple makes off of gaming is $1 short titles. That's fine for a tablet or phone, but with a console I want something more substantial. Apple would likely appeal to it's established "app"-based audience, which again is not what I'm interested in.

OP, I would laugh at the absurdity of your statement, but I am too busy taping Zunes and Walkmans together.

Zhukov:
If it had a bunch of really good games that I couldn't get elsewhere.

And was reasonably priced.

And I had the money to spare.

And if it was any good.

...then it wouldn't be an Apple product in the first place.

On topic: nope, let's not go there. This will go insanely wrong if we let it happen.

While I highly doubt Apple would go into the console market (failed once already and they do not like markets that cost is higher than income), overall I'd give it a big, heartfelt maybe.

As a couple other people have said. It would depend on specs, pricing, and what they can offer that Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo can't. For all we know, they could somehow make the first console ever that can be manually hardware-upgraded. As long as you buy the new graphics cards/ram/memory/etc from Apple instead of third party companies. How much money would a company make, making the consoles able to be upgraded instead of retaining their obsolete components?

And a lot of people are saying how Apple is such a shitty company, Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo aren't any better. Apple's just honest with their marketing practices.

Vault101:

henritje:

Believe it or not I have actually played Angry Birds with a game pad. Its not bad, and its no better/worse than using a mouse, or stylus.

On topic:

lolwtfno.

Not even if they took over every major exclusive AND the souls franchise (which I love more than anything else from this generation) I still wouldnt do it,even if the thing fucking printed money.

Edit: Ahh there it is!

I would if they came out with a console that was reasonably priced and had a library of high-quality games not available elsewhere.

So, in other words, no.

Apple?! Ahahaha, hell no.

Apple hasn't made anything worthwhile ever in their career and only hipsters actually buy their products and fool themselves into thinking they are "good".

This is what the console would be;

Completly white or black box with an apple logo, one button, substandard internal pieces but at 10x the price.

No thank you, I will stick to my normal things that is has/will have better performance at a much better price.

I thought Apple had a chance after Steve Jobs the tyrant died, but the new guy isn't doing much better.

Nope. I don't touch consoles.
Nope. I don't touch Apple.
Nope, it will almost certainly not be worth the money.

Wouldn't try it. We already have 4 dependable sources for mainstream video games, I don't want to splash out on a 5th.

Besides, Apple has little incentive to. They'd be up against tough, established competition. They're having massive success with games on the iPhone (just got one 2 weeks ago, and there's nothing like their simple games when you have to stand around somewhere). And let's not forget the Pippin. Gaming is becoming much more portable and consoles and gaming PCs will eventually give way to other technology (such as TV's with built in gaming, cyberspace technology, or a controller made of fruit). They may as well stay where they are with their gaming since it will be around for a long time yet.

It'd depend on the games. I only play consoles for the games....so...yeah.

F'Angus:
Microsoft have a pretty tight grip on the American Market at the moment and Sony and Nintendo on the Japanese market

And yet they all seem to be averagely well spread around the rest of the world. Including Japan (360 sails are higher than PS3, lol).

No I would not.

It would be overpriced, underpowered, and hipsters would buy it because it is "Apple". Three good reasons to not buy it.

Vault101:

henritje:

That's called an Apple Pippin. It was the attempt Apple made to get into gaming, it was so underwhelming and obscure that most gamers only heard about it because it frequents worst product lists.

Anyway, on topic.

Why should Apple get into console gaming? It's doing fine with its handheld games.

Depends on the games.
I didn't buy my ps3 because I pike Sony I did it because I wanted to play infamous and mgs4

I wouldn't buy an Apple console. I prefer my controllers to have more than one button on them, TYVM.

No because I don't want to pay for a new console twice a year or pay $500 for a pretty case with horrible specs.
In the unlikely event they decide to make a decent piece of hardware for a plausible price then I might consider it.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked