73.4% (190)
No
6.6% (17)
6.6% (17)
You Died.
18.5% (48)
18.5% (48)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Should they make the new content available for console players?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Okay so I'm having great fun playing the xbox version of Dark Souls atm and I intend to get the PC version. However, there are people who don't have the pennies to do that and to me it seems a little mean that they are giving this shiny new content to new PC people and not to the PS3 and Xbox guys.

I think its great of them to release it on PC (my preferred system) and make new stuff but I can understand if people are upset. Is it more dreaded 'gamer entitlement' to demand yet more of From Software or are their gripes justified do you think?

Don't see why not.

They could offer it on consoles as paid DLC. Everyone wins.

Sure , as long as it's not paid DLC . Why should PC gamers get it for free and not us .

I hope we get it.

I'd pay for this DLC easily, considering the actual game has been out for ages.

Zhukov:
Don't see why not.

They could offer it on consoles as paid DLC. Everyone wins.

This. It'd be weird if they didn't. I, however, don't see why we should get it for free. If they want to do that, fine.

Sure, why not. Like how PC players got The Witcher 2 enhanced content for free.

People who say no are stupid.
Hell, I'd even pay for it, so long as it's reasonable.

They'll probably announce it around the PC release. Probably Namco wants people to double dip on the PC version after all.

If this new content was created for the consoles in the form of a DLC expansion, it would have to be a paid DLC rather than a free expansion.

I'd imagine the new content would be pretty substantial in size, a few gigabytes at least, which creates a barrier for it being given away for free.

Microsoft wouldn't allow a DLC expansion of that size (and popularity) to be downloaded for free, whereas Sony would actually charge From Software/Namco-Bandai for all the the bandwidth used by everyone downloading the expansion, so there's no way From/Namco-Bandai would incur the sizeable bandwidth charges to give away content for free (especially as not everyone who would download the expansion would have bought the game new).

I don't see a reason not to.

What is the content?

If lame and unecessary - no.

If awesome and uber-cool - sure, why not.

krazykidd:
Sure , as long as it's not paid DLC . Why should PC gamers get it for free and not us .

I'm with you on this - or maybe just free on PS3. Why not cater to the community that got your game off the ground and is still the most dedicated group of fans.

krazykidd:

it's just like goty editions, if by that logic, then all DLC should be free. (just playing devils advocate here to explain it a bit.)

i don't see them giving it out for free, but they should at least offer it, for cheap too, don't screw over your original fanbase!

Why should it be free? It would have cost extra to create, they have to get that money back somehow.

gmaverick019:

it's just like goty editions, if by that logic, then all DLC should be free.

What a fantastic idea!
Like back in the day when they used to release complete games! Sign me up.

Of course, I know that Dark Souls was complete and then becuase of popular demand is being release on PC - inexplicably with new content. The content should be made available to the fans who supported it from the start (ie Demon's Souls). That's right PS3 owners...

Besides, MS would never allow free DLC on the 360.

scnj:
Why should it be free? It would have cost extra to create, they have to get that money back somehow.

Then charge the PC gamers who demanded it...

gmaverick019:

krazykidd:

it's just like goty editions, if by that logic, then all DLC should be free. (just playing devils advocate here to explain it a bit.)

i don't see them giving it out for free, but they should at least offer it, for cheap too, don't screw over your original fanbase!

I thought about that . But the question is , is there going to be a GOTY edition for the PC or are all the pc versions ofthe game come woth the added stuff for regular retail price .

I too don't see them giving it out for free. And i understand why they wouldn't. But it would be nice .

The extra content is built into the normal pc version. It's not a separate game as far as I understand it.

krazykidd:

gmaverick019:

krazykidd:

I thought about that . But the question is , is there going to be a GOTY edition for the PC or are all the pc versions ofthe game come woth the added stuff for regular retail price .

I too don't see them giving it out for free. And i understand why they wouldn't. But it would be nice .

since it didn't come out for pc originally, i think it's just "goty editions" for everyone, otherwise i'm sure if they had made it for pc when it first came out then it would be DLC to be purchased. (unless next time they work backwards like cd projekt did, and make it for pc then add in the enhanced edition stuff with the console so it gives a big middle finger to microsoft/sony so no one has to pay for the "DLC" in the first place.)

in a perfect world, it would be nice, and i'm sure they would, but unfortunately that's just how the cookie crumbles..

I don't see why not. I'd love to play Dark Souls again and take on some new bosses.

If they are smart about it then they should because it can be a relaunch that will lure even more players to buy the game with extra content, not to mention all the good will that would get them with their existing fan base.

But console gamers should understand that releasing free DLC would be a cost to the company because MS and Sony want their fee, so they might charge a little something to cover that.

I don't give a crap about consoles, yet I hate platform exclusiveness...-ness/disparity. So, let console gamers have it too, I say.

Sure, why not? Part of me thinks they should also require you to complete a stage of Superman 64 every time you turn it on so you can get an idea of what PC players have to go through to play it though.

I agree with releasing it for console DLC, and I believe it will be so, but I don't believe in doing so until at least a month after PC release. If they even announce it before then, it will take the wind out of the PC release.
And that version of the game deserves to flourish.

kman123:
Sure, why not. Like how PC players got The Witcher 2 enhanced content for free.

This, this 1000 times over!

Xbox360 players should get the dlc for free,but I really doubt it will happen.

Regarding the PC version however;if they don't botch the release and they probably will with half assed port and GFWL which is a nightmare.

Either way if they won't have enough sales they will blame PC gamers for being pirates and stick with console titles.

Oh,if only more developers would walk in CDProjektRED's footsteps the world would be a better place.

It would be a huge slap to the console players if they didn't. They chose to release their game on consoles and relied on the console fans to make money for the game, so it would suck if they then turned around and gave those who DIDN'T buy the game free stuff.

On the off-chance they may it free DLC I would love them for life, but would happily accept paid DLC as well. Though not having it at all would leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

I'll be sorely disappointed if they don't release the new content for consoles. Supposedly, one of the additions is a fix for the blighttown/new londo framerate garbage; that certainly should be distributed to all systems.

They better, slap in the face of their fans if they don't.

Edit: So they apparently said the content WILL NOT be going to consoles.

Well you know what From Software? Fuck you, and I am not buying the next Souls game.

I couldn't click yes fast enough.
It should be on the consoles. And for free. Or there shall be another internet petition.

I don't see why; they're not the ones who started a petition to bring it to the PC.

Yes, who would say no to this other then the most egotistical person?

On that note isn't The Witcher 2 getting free dlc for the PC. Even thought the extra content was made for the X-box . I fail to see how this is any different.

I wouldn't mind either way, I'm just dying for a new challenge. :)
though my preferences lean towards making it available for console users.

Eddie the head:
Even thought the extra content was made for the X-box . I fail to see how this is any different.

WAIT WHAT? where did you hear that, I have never seen that before, they had already planned for the enhanced stuff way long ago when they first released the game for the pc.

Yeah, of course.

Though i doubt X360 users will be able to get it for free. Microsoft policies and all that.

gmaverick019:

Eddie the head:
Even thought the extra content was made for the X-box . I fail to see how this is any different.

WAIT WHAT? where did you hear that, I have never seen that before, they had already planned for the enhanced stuff way long ago when they first released the game for the pc.

Regardless I fail to see how it is different.

Yeah, that would be cool. Though I'm still stuck on that stupid boss where you have to fight some big fat statue with a hammer and this over the top looking knight with a spear... or whatever it is.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked