Best movie games

Pages 1 2 NEXT

We all know that movie games are often terrible and rushed, but sometimes, a decent one is released. What is your favorite hidden movie game gem?

Mine is Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King for PS2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vslD5c9Q8iw

Spider-Man 2

To this very day, no other game has gotten the feeling of webslinging around a huge city so right.

The Bourne Conspiracy.

Captured the spirit of the movie with all of the brutal Filipino Kali fighting style & intense gunfights in semi-destructible environments.

I liked Spiderman 2. The story was just the film story with extra minibosses, and the gameplay mechanics were an almost criminal ripoff of the Predator Concrete Jungle game (or Predator ripped it off, whichever came first).

The only good thing about the game was the webslinging, and boy, it was excellent. The game had the whole of Manhatten Island open as a sandbox, so you could just swing about the city for hours, and it had night and day cycles as well, which were surprisingly beautiful to watch given its really dated graphics.

But webslinging in that game, probably the most fun and my most favourite game mechanic I've ever had the pleasure to experience in a game.

EDIT: Ninja'd like a sucker.

X-men Origins: Wolverine

The game featured a Mature take on the movie and was BETTER than the movie in every facet. The game surprised the hell out of me with great controls, interesting story, nods to the comics, and FUN boss fights. I can't recommend this game enough for fans of Wolverine and those who waited for a near perfect comic book game based on one of Marvels flag ship characters.

Ninja'd me. X-Men Origins wasn't the greatest game, but it scratched a gaming itch I really needed. Finally a developer wasn't a huge vagina mc'ginas and let Wolverine use his claws for brutality rather than pussery

Goldeneye, need I say more?

/thread

Scott Pilgrim vs the World: The Game.
... Do I win?

Capcha: Guitar player. No Capcha. Scott Pilgrim is a Bass player.

007: Quantum of Solace. Proof that Treyarch can make something other than Call of Duty and make it good. The campaign is a hybrid of both recent James Bond films starring Danial Craig, and is very well put together. The mechanics are perfect, and it remains exciting right to the end. The real surprise for me was how amazing the multiplayer was. Very simple, but very fun. One problem about the game: quick time events (and is that really that bad?).

I would recommend it if you see it on sale.

Hazy992:

/thread

Ninja'd.

This is basically it . Best movie based game ever . Bonus points because the movie was based on a book .

krazykidd:

Hazy992:

/thread

Ninja'd.

This is basically it . Best movie based game ever . Bonus points because the movie was based on a book .

If that is the case mine wins. SPvtW:tG is based of the Movie. which is based of the comic Books. Which is based off video games. It went full circle.

Daystar Clarion:
Spider-Man 2

To this very day, no other game has gotten the feeling of webslinging around a huge city so right.

Damn straight. That game was one of the primary reasons I was excited to get my original Xbox back in the day.

Savo:

Daystar Clarion:
Spider-Man 2

Damn straight. That game was one of the primary reasons I was excited to get my original Xbox back in the day.

It's kind of sad, considering that several Spider-Man games have been released since then, and not one of them has a decent web slinging mechanic.

The upcoming game is supposed to be taking a leaf from Arkham Asylum's book in terms of combat, so hopefully the webslinging will be awesome too.

I won't hold my breath though.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine is pretty damned sweet. Spiderman 2 well before that was phenomenal. The upcoming The Amazing Spiderman looks to be....dare I say..... spectacular!

No wait I have a better answer; Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game

The King Kong game was pretty good. Short, but good. Hell probably better than the movie now that I think about it!

I liked the King Kong game. That's all I can think of right now.

Daystar Clarion:

Savo:

Daystar Clarion:
Spider-Man 2

It's kind of sad, considering that several Spider-Man games have been released since then, and not one of them has a decent web slinging mechanic.

The upcoming game is supposed to be taking a leaf from Arkham Asylum's book in terms of combat, so hopefully the webslinging will be awesome too.

I won't hold my breath though.

The new webslinging mechanic looks like it will be amazing! It's handled quite differently than in the past. You bring up a view through spideys eyes (this is all from what I read in a recent game informer)and there will be random animations that play out on the way to your destination such as sliding in between cars or running on the sides of walls or running on the top of a bus. Sounds lame but you can interrupt the sequence at any time with time slowing to a crawl to pick your next location and a new set of animations will start to play out. It actually seems awesome.

Hazy992:

You can't fool me Hazy.

I'm too smart.

Daystar Clarion:

Hazy992:

You can't fool me Hazy.

I'm too smart.

Troll? Moi? How very dare you, sir! Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game is the textbook example of fighting game excellence! If a digitised sprite version of Jean Claude Van Damme is not the hallmark of a good game, then quite frankly I don't know what is.

Hazy992:

Daystar Clarion:

Hazy992:

You can't fool me Hazy.

I'm too smart.

Troll? Moi? How very dare you, sir! Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game is the textbook example of fighting game excellence! If a digitised sprite version of Jean Claude Van Damme is not the hallmark of a good game, then quite frankly I don't know what is.

You're bad and you should feel bad.

This is an insult to fighting games.

We will not discuss this abomination any longer, even mockingly.

Daystar Clarion:

Hazy992:

Daystar Clarion:

You can't fool me Hazy.

I'm too smart.

Philistine! This game is even better than the ice cold refreshment of a Coors Light!

In all seriousness though this game sucks, but it's still better than Kasumi Ninja and Shaq-Fu

Hazy992:

Daystar Clarion:

Hazy992:

Philistine! This game is even better than the ice cold refreshment of a Coors Light!

In all seriousness though this game sucks, but it's still better than Kasumi Ninja and Shaq-Fu

Those adverts are also stupid.

You are stupid and everything you've ever said is stupid.

Stupid!

Daystar Clarion:

Hazy992:

Daystar Clarion:

Stupid!

I once told everyone Daystar Clarion is sex on legs and everyone should be jealous of both his mental and physical prowess. Wow, I guess that was stupid :P

Hazy992:

Daystar Clarion:

Hazy992:

Stupid!

I once told everyone Daystar Clarion is sex on legs and everyone should be jealous of both his mental and physical prowess. Wow, I guess that was stupid :P

Touche

You win this round.

Daystar Clarion:
Spider-Man 2

Pretty much a million times this.

The open world, everything about that game was awesome.

Ahhh.

I have to agree with the OP. I had so much fun with The Return of the King. Especially the co-op mode. I'd invite friends over all the time so we could chop up some orcs.

Blaster395:
We all know that movie games are often terrible and rushed, but sometimes, a decent one is released. What is your favorite hidden movie game gem?

Mine is Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King for PS2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vslD5c9Q8iw

I'm surprised, this is the game that jumped to mind when I read the thread title. The game had great combos, a leveling/upgrade system that kept you coming back, great level design, many characters with different styles and abilities, very cool extra features you had to unlock, awesome multiplayer, bonus palantir levels for extra high level challenge, significant challenge, lots of great, varied enemies and bosses... the list goes on.

My biggest gripe about it were the level 20 combos. At max level, your character receives a couple of very powerful combos that only require one button- on Xbox, A-A-A-A, for example. So all your 1337 skills are negated because you can just mash the A button while drool lands on your controller. Boring. Beside that, epic game.

Err... Aladdin on the Sega Megadrive? Can't think of any movie tie-ins that I've played and enjoyed since.

Goldeneye and Wolverine Origins.

Here's an interesting thought:
All the games I can think of, X-men origins Wolverine, The Chronicles of Riddick:Escape from Butcher Bay and Goldeneye, were all based on movies that were crap! (Yes Goldeneye was crap, have you WATCHED that movie???) So basically, for a tie-in to be good, the movie must be shit!

Oh wait, The lord of the Rings:Return of the King was pretty good.
So fuck my theory...

Daystar Clarion:
Spider-Man 2

Was going to say that, so inste-

Hazy992:
Goldeneye

Damn, ok what abo-

Solo-Wing:
Scott Pilgrim vs the World: The Game

... Crap.

Oh! I had an alright time with the Batman Begins game on Gamecube. It wasn't spectacular by any means but this was pre-Arkham days. Batfans had to take what we could.

The Madman:
The King Kong game was pretty good. Short, but good. Hell probably better than the movie now that I think about it!

I completely loved that game! It's actually one of the best "Survival" games i can think of. I loved how you had to hold the left trigger to bring up your gun and there was no reticle or hud whatsoever

I'm also going to say Spider Man 2. They nailed the webswinging. I still start it up just to swing around the city from time to time.

Street Fighter: the Movie game.

No, not the arcade version, but the one for the Saturn and PSX. That game played like Street Fighter II Turbo game and did not use that wonky fighting mechanic that its more infamous cousin did.

Beyond that, the Batman Nes game.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked