Did any games ever give you nightmares

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Also, need help remembering something.

Alright, I had a demo of the first Devil May Cry game. There was this one room that had a big statue face thing near the ceiling that looked like some kind of freaky buddha thing. Does anyone know where that was? It gave me really really horrible nightmares, and so did those damn puppet things.

Also I'm getting Silent Hill HD which may scare me.

When I was a wee little kid, I had a nightmare about Goldeneye 007 in which I got shot and died. I woke up before I could respawn, though.

Onimusha 3. I had just arrived at a friend's house, and he was stuck on this bit with a puzzle where a room or something fills up with water and you have to solve the puzzle before the water fills the room or you drown. I wasn't able to manage it so the person drowned. Afterwards I had nightmares of that puzzle and the guy drowning for quite some time. This was probably not helped by the fact that I was about 9 or 10 at most at the time of playing it.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent .

I'll just leave that there. I'm not easily frightened, but that game messed with me, as it did with countless others. Also, Silent Hill 2 most likely caused me a few uncomfortable nights.

Oh, and Tetris. I couldn't sleep for weeks after I first played it.

When I played WoW on a daily bases I would level new characters and always run dead mines.This was around BC expansion. I ran that dungeon so much, I started having night mares of cookie.

Fatal Frame give me some freaky night mares too.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein on the PS2. I was about 13/14 at the time and in one of the final missions you have to sneak into a castle in the middle of a German forest and kill some evil scientist Hitler.

I remember the creepy castle backdrop, dark, misty tunnels, being chased by werewolves and this utterly bizarre barking/moaning soundtrack left me so utterly terrified I couldn't play more than 3 or 4 minutes of it.

I was going to look for a video but that was the last time I remember being that scared and re-visiting it will either make me regress or utterly ruin it.

Stalker Clear Sky after going through the red forest at night *shudders* last time I play that game with my headphones on at night.

I started having nightmares when I was playing a combo of Doom 3 and F.E.A.R. Late at night, with the lights off. Make note that I am a total wuss when it comes to horror, so I went to bed and started dreaming the demons were after me....

I think I had an Ocarina of Time nightmare (of all goddamn things), but this was when I was a really little kid. I was playing a rented copy of the game since I didn't own it myself, and having no sense of progression, sort of stumbled into the dungeon under the well in Kakariko by accident. A mixture of seeing some morbid stuff and having no idea where I was or why I was there shook me.

Past that, I can't say there are many games that have scared me enough to have nightmares. However, the same is true about movies - even genuinely scary movies almost never give me nightmares. Except the original Alien.

The only two I can remember are Minecraft and WoW but I figure these only because I played them for such a long time beforehand. I also had many a happy dreams about these games.

I remember having nightmares about the vampires in Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. My dad played it once on our DreamCast and it scared the shit out of me.
Also, I had one about fighting Wendigo in one of the X-Men games. He kept saying his name all creepy like and it freaked me out something awful.
Of course now I play a lot of horror games, and nothing's really stuck with me like those two.

.....back when I was a kid mortal combat on the N64 creeped me out (it was that guy eating off somone elses face)

and Golden eye 64 creeped me out

thease days...well ME3 did stop me from sleeping the ngiht I finished it, and that whole ending seaquence kind of made me uneasy (expecially illusive mans face)

I've been having Dark Souls dreams lately... They're not exactly nightmares, but not exactly pleasant either.

90% of scary games give me nightmares, because my subconscious hates me and loves to create all kinds of situations where I get scared to death....It's the reason why it takes me so long to finish any game that has scares in it (like I just finished the original Bioshock this week, cause some of those scenes were quite frightening/creepy at some points)

Horror is something of a pet genre for me so I haven't had much in the way of nightmares... I remember having a dream where people acted like Oblivion NPCs, then someone started glitching out and acting very sub-human and freaky. The absurdity of it was quite frightening.

Whenever I'd play too much of a new game, I'd have dreams about it, bordering on nightmare, since I felt the pain of the character in the dream. Quake 2 and Star Wars Battlefront 2 were the worst offenders, thankfully there is a limit of one dream per game.

Amnesia. And I didn't even play it. I was watching Let's Plays of it. I have to make sure I don't watch Let's Plays of that game just before bed or when I'm really sleepy. I've woken up in cold sweats because of that game, lol.

I haven't had what I would consider a legitimate nightmare in a long time. I've had some weird-ass dreams caused by video games(like when I had played DeadRising for a week), but not nightmares based on them.

Silent Hill 2. It knew too much about me. It's story grabbed the deepest part of my mind and said "Look at yourself, you sad sack of crap. Look at James and how he might as well be named 'Alex,' since you're Alex and he's you. Look at what you've become, you monster." I had a nightmare where I was trapped in a glass cage suspended above eternal darkness, and Pyramid Head decided my fate. The dream always ended before it was decided though. Thanks to these nightmares, my life was changed. That's why Silent Hill 2 is my favorite game ever.

Victor Zsasz in Arkham Asylum, especially after listening to all of his tapes, gave me a particularly horrible nightmare once.

Ogre's first form from Tekken 3 still gives me the creeps. The dim background, the creepy music, the fact that he mumbles constantly and murders a beloved character (holding her decapitated head so you can see), and then murders another beloved character right in front of you. This guy was right up there with King Ramses from Courage the Cowardly Dog when it came to childhood nightmares.

Had a nightmare somewhat related to Metro 2033, and specifically the librarians. Right before going to sleep I had gotten stuck on that section (Protips: Don't make bullet sponge enemies in games that revolve around ammo conservation. It's a dick move, especially when the melee weapon couldn't tickle a baby.) and I was VERY short on sleep.

Fffffff...

Banjo Tooie I believe on the n64. It was like every time you quit the game or died the creepy witch villain would do this laugh that scared the crap out of me. I did hear it once or twice in nightmares...

I had one recently about World of Tanks. My IS-4 was insta killed by some tier VI medium who was given ATGM's and FLIR.

I was never so scarred, and pissed at the same time.

A couple nights ago, I had a nightmare involving being chased around by a couple of monsters. One involved a eight-foot-tall behemoth visibly resembling a six-armed Hunter from Halo. But dealing with it was a lot like a couple of forays I had with some of the armed thugs from Batman: Arkham City (circling around a piece of cover to get behind an armed thug that actually knows I'm there). Even the eventual take down I performed on it was from B:AC. The dream ended with another encounter with one, coupled with something that looked like a rabid monkey which also had six arms and ran like a zombie from one of the many zombie games (I know I had specific name in mind, but I cannot remember which. I just know the zombie had a lope in its step. Tell me which game it came from). Before waking up, that encounter did not end well.

I spent my youth watching horror movies. The sounds of Jason, Mike, and Freddy gleefully slaughtering people were my lullabys.

Sorry, but horror games dont give me nightmares.

Anyone remember Dark Cloud? I played that pretty easily when I was like, ten, but then I got to the last level-- the Gallery of Time. Scared the fuck out of me. Something about the music and the aesthetic, a castle which became increasingly ruined as the level progresses and you travel through time.

Also, to a smaller extent, Majora's Mask. Ikana Canyon was pretty creepy.

Unsilenced:
Had a nightmare somewhat related to Metro 2033, and specifically the librarians. Right before going to sleep I had gotten stuck on that section (Protips: Don't make bullet sponge enemies in games that revolve around ammo conservation. It's a dick move, especially when the melee weapon couldn't tickle a baby.) and I was VERY short on sleep.

Fffffff...

If you got the Ranger DLC, there was an awesome heavy automatic shotgun that made short work of them. Alternatively, you can stare them down, and if you did it correctly, they would walk away.

On topic: Ocarina of Time, of all things, when I was a kid.

Yes, in real life I was stuck on a battle in Shining Force. It was the battle against General Elliot. Elliot looked like a pretty creepy fucker so naturally I dreamed about him.

In the dream, I was standing on top of my university. There was a very large gust of wind that pushed me off. I fell onto the ground and landed in front of General Elliot. He glared at me and then stabbed me with his sword.

Then I woke up.

Resident Evil 2 and Condemned: Criminal Origins. The second one is sad, because I'm playing Condemned: Bloodshot right now and it is pretty non-frightening what with all the mood killing campiness.

fireaura08:

Unsilenced:

Fffffff...

If you got the Ranger DLC, there was an awesome heavy automatic shotgun that made short work of them. Alternatively, you can stare them down, and if you did it correctly, they would walk away.

It's not that they're hard to fight. If I had unlimited ammo they would be laughably easy. It's just nobody told me I had to spend every bullet I had on more ammo at the start of the chapter, so even with accuracy around 90% I was completely boned.

I once had a dream that Disney made a movie about Mass Effect 3. It involved a tiny, friendly Reaper (named "Reapsly") that had big cartoon eyeballs and a squeaky voice. He mostly flew around being making bad jokes and obnoxious pop culture references.

Does that count?

Pokemon and Zelda. I'm not even joking. I wasn't scared of the games, per se, but I would have these really freaky dreams (mind you I was very young) where it would be sort of like the game, but things weren't right. Lavender town was the bane of sleep when I was 7....

Tetris . Dat blue block man . Seriously . I played so much tetris when it came out on the DS i saw falling blocks when i closed my eyes . I slept so horrible that week .

Off-topic. Anyone else hates when they dream about an MMO and you get a super rare item or level nicely only to wake up and realize it was just a dream? Fucking hate that man.

Silent Hill 3

It's the only entry in the series into which I've poured any significant amount of play time, so obviously it gave me nightmares.

Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal actually scared the shit out of me in my dreams. That and those fucking Regenerators from RE4, that breathing will never stop sending chills up my spine.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked