What is the worst game you own?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Hm...

The only game I disliked/was disappointed in enough to actually want to go sell it back was Lord the Rings: Conquest. I really, really did not like that game. I remember the first time I hung out with a guy who is now one of my closest friends, he asked to play co-op on that game with me. We almost got through one battle before we looked at each other, turned off the Xbox, and took a nap. An interesting first meeting.

Then, of course, there is Final Fantasy 12. Good Goddess, that is one of the few games in my life that I could just not force myself to finish. I just stopped maybe 40 percent through and quit.

Definitely Final Fantasy XIII. Horrible horrible characters coupled with mindless pointless auto-combat and a terrible story.

I have many games such as Infamous and Assassin's Creed that I dislike but I can see how others might enjoy them. But FF13 is just terrible and I struggle to see how anyone in their right mind could enjoy it.

Worst game i've ever owned has got to be Universal Studios on the Gamecube. That was utterly terrible, pure tripe.

Currently though? Probably Monday Night Combat. I have no idea why i even hate it, i just do.

Indigo Prophecy, a pretentious, badly written pile of wank.

Most of the time I don't buy game unless I have played them or they come with some recommendation so I don't have that many game that I think are bad. That being said the worst game I have gotten on a recommendation has to be Dark Souls. It's not a bad game a suppose but there are a few things about it I don't like such as it's not as hard as people say it is, it's a lot more tedious and repetitive than people give it credit for and the lack of a pause screen. I hate that last one more then you can imagine.

Ninety Nine Nights. I still don't know what was going through my head when I bought it. I don't even like that genre.

Eddie the head:
Most of the time I don't buy game unless I have played them or they come with some recommendation so I don't have that many game that I think are bad. That being said the worst game I have gotten on a recommendation has to be Dark Souls. It's not a bad game a suppose but there are a few things about it I don't like such as it's not as hard as people say it is, it's a lot more tedious and repetitive than people give it credit for and the lack of a pause screen. I hate that last one more then you can imagine.

I think the lack of a pause screen is due to the online functions. You can't really pause the game if someone has invaded you as it just wouldn't work. I do think it's a bit silly that you can't pause when playing offline.

Simonoly:

Eddie the head:

I think the lack of a pause screen is due to the online functions. You can't really pause the game if someone has invaded you as it just wouldn't work. I do think it's a bit silly that you can't pause when playing offline.

Yeah that's what I was thinking but I still don't like it.

RaikuFA:
I know I'm beating a dead horse here but...

Hyperdimension Neptunia. Thankfully the sequel was so much better.

Freaking Ninja..That said the sequel has been mocking my from the shelf of the local game shop lately. Is it really worth forking out the dough?

Dragon age 2

It was bland
Scenery was re used a great deal
Combat was meh
Level scaling was grr
Story was cringe worthy at times
Characters were often annoying
No singular clear goal makes the story seem less compelling

Actually I probably own much worse in games it's just this was the biggest disappointment I own
I have a great many games I got as part of some sale or another i haven't got round to finishing or even installing
Monday night combat I paid the most for and uninstalled after two days

I bought the Collector's Edition of Duke Nukem Forever, I am not proud.

I also own Train Simulator 2012, however as this video proves, that is not such a bad thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z0qqBTkaQk

To me this would be Ground Control 2. I can't remember why I even bought this game. I installed it once, played it twice or thrice at most. Just never got into it, so I couldn't get any joy out of it.

Oh gawd... there's a few contenders:

- Poker Night at the Inventory has to be nominated for being a poker game that somehow managed to get the rules of poker wrong.

- I hated Torchlight. But even that I spent more time playing than...

- V8 Supercars 3, which I installed and didn't even complete a full lap of the first circuit before I'd quit and uninstalled it never to be played again. The driving model felt that cheap and tacky.

Vkmies:
As a collector, I have tons of bad games! They are awesome pieces of video game history and cheesiness!

Shaq-Fu (MegaDrive)
Bart vs. The World (NES)
Used to have Charlies Angels (PS2)
Ghostbusters (Atari 130XE)
King Arthur (PS2)
And a bunch of C64, C128 and Atari 130XE games.

Whoa whoa whoa, are you implying that Ghostbusters was anything less than stellar and awesome?!?! What's not to like about a confusing faux driving simulator overlaid by the constant 8bit repetition of the movie theme song?

For me it is America. It was a cheap nonsensical age of empires rip off set in the old west. Didn't even actually buy it, was given it by someone who gave me a giant pile of old games he didn't want anymore. To this day I still can't believe that people were paid actual money to make that game.

For one that I still have, "Brink". Only reason I bought it was because I had a coupon for a supermarket and they accepted it on games. That was a bad decision, except the weapon creator. Parkour sucked, online play was near damn impossible and what the hell happened to the plot?

As for one I used to own, "Goldeneye: Rogue Agent"......I don't think I have to say any more

Pokemon Black version.

Didn't think I would enjoy it, tried to give it chance, and I was proven wrong. Not excited over the upcoming 'sequel' and hoping for the Ruby & Sapphire remakes and the next Gen.

Dream Trigger 3D. It's pretty repetitive, the frame-rate is kinda sucky for how little, and not exactly *detailed* everything is compared to other games (especially since it's on the 3DS), and it's just overall kinda boring. Once you play one level, it's the same enemy sequence for any of the same type of level afterwards. The music is alright though, for some levels. I just... can't recommend this game to anyone really.

Mass Effect; A sci-fi channel-esque movie trying to be a game. I spent way too much time trying to like the game.

Probably Tom Clancy's Endwar. If I wanted to play Rock Paper Scissors, I could have done it for free.

Also, The Seed: Warzone. A tactical cutscene watching simulator without any of MGS's charm. I may have smashed the disk up with a hammer, unless that was just a daydream.

VaughanyT:
For one that I still have, "Brink". Only reason I bought it was because I had a coupon for a supermarket and they accepted it on games. That was a bad decision, except the weapon creator. Parkour sucked, online play was near damn impossible and what the hell happened to the plot?

Brink's in a class of it's own for me. The ideas sounded brilliant, but the execution was seriously lacking, and the release bugs kind of killed it before it could find any momentum and a playerbase. Still, the class system, parkour system, weapon mod system and bodytypes were great ideas, and I wish they'd worked better. The customisation system would have been great if they'd had better visual distinction between the teams too.

xmbts:
I'm gonna say the adventures of Link, I own that game, and I do not like it.

I liked Zelda 2... -3-

Now if you would've said, the Wand of Gamelon, or Faces of Evil, I'd be more inclined to agree with you...<.<

Got to be any of these:

- Hydrophobia
- I Am Alive
- Fable 2
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Damn, they're all bad.

Lego Island 2. Hahaha, it seemed so fun as a child, and playing it now I realise it's all just a bunch of minigames connected by insanely long load screens! Noooooo!

Sixcess:
Indigo Prophecy, a pretentious, badly written pile of wank.

It might be that, but I do still enjoy certain moments. Yes, the second half is absolutely terrible, but the first half I found pretty gripping and chilling. I can't think of many game moments which rival the feeling of having to hide the evidence as the police knock on your door. And at least it was unique. It's a shame the gameplay often just turned into a game of "Simon Says".

Sacman:

xmbts:
I'm gonna say the adventures of Link, I own that game, and I do not like it.

I liked Zelda 2... -3-

Now if you would've said, the Wand of Gamelon, or Faces of Evil, I'd be more inclined to agree with you...<.<

But it was more like castlevania then Zelda. :P

Ninjat_126:

Also, The Seed: Warzone. A tactical cutscene watching simulator without any of MGS's charm. I may have smashed the disk up with a hammer, unless that was just a daydream.

Wow... I almost bought this game last week on Playstation Store's PS2 classics section.

I did like EndWar, though, but I AM a huge Clancy fan.

Hollyday:
Urbz: Sims in the city (feat. the black eyed peas).

Well I did have something clever to say about this but now I keep thinking about how terrible the Black Eyed Peas did during last years Super Bowl Half-time show.

As for me I think DX: Invisible War is about as bad as it gets for my collection. I'm not exactly sure but I think the combination of my machine still running Vista and it being a steam copy have rendered it inoperable so now I can't even play the stupid game.

Daimon117:

Trezu:
GTA4, i found that game so bad. Driving is wonky and weird. Gunplay is shocking and confusing.

You ever tried Saints Row 2 driving? It's like driving a well greased banana peel on an oil slick it's so terrible.

You did'nt like SR2 driving? I loved it so much. I could make that car dance and stop on a dime easily. It took me a while to get used to SR3 driving with triggers. I prefered (A) as forward and (X) as hand brake. And to probably blow your mind even further, I loved the Mako is ME1. I can't understand how people can find controlling that thing hard.

OT: The worst game I own.... Lets see.... Probably Superman Returns. I mean, it's fun and all. But out of my collection that has to be the worst one.

diablo ii... it's a dirty ACTION rpg!!!!

For games I currently own, I'd say X-Blades. O only got so far into the game, and got frustrated due to a combination of a bad map and repetitive gameplay.

Gonna go for Imperial Glory. It plays like a cheap Total War knock-off and feels clunky as all hell. It's a very old game, but it's one of the few games I've never felt the inclination to come back to.

Mad Maniac with axe-firing chainsaw:
Gonna go for Imperial Glory. It plays like a cheap Total War knock-off and feels clunky as all hell. It's a very old game, but it's one of the few games I've never felt the inclination to come back to.

I liked it. It did feel like a cheap Total War knock-off, but until Napoleon: TW came along, that was all we had for that time period. Besides, it made for fun LAN battles with friends.

Iwata:

Mad Maniac with axe-firing chainsaw:

I liked it. It did feel like a cheap Total War knock-off, but until Napoleon: TW came along, that was all we had for that time period. Besides, it made for fun LAN battles with friends.

I admit this may be partially me. I bought it because it looked like the sort of thing I play Total War for, only in an era I'd never seen that sort of gameplay in. After playing Empire for a while, I've come to the conclusion I just don't find musket-based warfare very enjoyable to simulate; I prefer the fast-paced manouevering and charging involved in Medieval and Ancient warfare a' la Rome and Medieval II. Early modern period warfare feels a bit... inflexible? I find I miss my cavalry.

The naval combat in Imperial Glory was hilariously awkward though; I won most battles at sea through trireme-style ramming and boarding. XD

Regardless of your opinion on the actual gameplay, winning a Napoleonic era ship battle through Greek-era tactics is a sight worth witnessing.

deserteagleeye:

Hazmattuxedo2404:
shadow the hedgehog, The thing is I don't even remember buying it. I think it just appeared one day like hell shat. As to why I hate it its just too hard to explain (think metal bolts in your hip)

I kinda liked that game. I guess it's the idea of Sonic character shooting guns and riding a motorcycle to be ludicrously awesome.

I liked it in theory.... Hell, I loved the trailer for that game. But it didn't really work or ever feel right. It felt kind of forced. Or maybe it was the cheesy dialogue and the shitty voice acting that ruined the "dark" tone for me. Also game play was kind of a mess. :C I had FUN - BUT the motorcycles and the guns weren't really necessary.

In short there seemed to be no point.

God the writing was so bad.... *cringes*

It could be one of the worst games I own as well.
Once upon a time my mom bought me this god awful piece of shit.

I think I generally make it a point not to have or buy crappy games. :|

Enchanted Arms. I bought it form a friend after I read some interesting things about it. Did not enjoy oit.

Dead Rising or Tom Clancys End War. Horrible games

Lair. Hands down Lair.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked