Games That Are So Good You Bought Then Twice

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

I bought X3:Terran Conflict and X3:Reunion twice. Once from a shop and then again in the super box. A few others I got as part of packs when I already had one or two of the games. I'm planning on buying Dark Souls again for the PC as well.

Im on the Red Dead Redemption boat, I think ive bought that game... 3 times now?

I also bought the 150$ collector's edition of Skyrim So i'd say I've bought it twice :P

getting the DMC collection in a couple of weeks, own 1 and 3 on ps2 as it is so does that count? also fallout 3 and new vegas i own on ps3 and then bought them again on steam sales so i could get round to playing the DLC.

spartandude:
Oblivion

i brought it on the Xbox, then once i got a good computer i brought it for modding

Ahh, same here. That was a huge mistake for me :\

Saints Row 2. At the time my PS3 was in a different house so I had to content myself with my 360.
In the future I plan to buy the DMC HD collection again, due to my disk being utter crap (save file issues and audio problems.)

Super Meat Boy and Castle Crashers because of cross-platform/different Live account stuff. Totally worth it.

I've bought:

Mass Effect 1
Dragon Age 1
and Fallout New Vegas

twice. I bought Mass Effect 1 twice because my computer broke at the same time that I got it and when I got it fixed it turned out that the game was broken and Gamestop wouldn't let me return it so I bought it for like 10 bucks on steam when it was on sale.

Dragon Age 1 I bought twice because after playing through Dragon Age 1 a few times I wasn't sure if I wanted to purchase the dlc and expansion pack. When my computer broke (again) and I was in a dragon age mood after reading the books I bought the Ultimate edition for the PS3 for like $40.

Fallout New Vegas I bought first for the PS3 then bought it again on the computer when it was on sale for like $10 cuz I wanted mods.

Phantasy Star Zero.
I couldn't wait for the UK release any further so I import it. When the UK release did arrive (WTF? The only difference between the UK and US is the company logos at the start up) I bought it to help the sales and I want to try out the other classes. There are 12 classes but the game only got room for three.

Only game I remember buying twice was Shadowhearts: Covenant. First time it was a used copy and the second disc didn't work. eventually found a new copy and bought it again.

Game's I've bought twice were only because I had it on XBox then got it on PC for mods or custom maps.

The only one's I've done that for was Oblivion and L4D2. Planning on getting New Vegas again on PC soon :)

well i bought champions return to arms for the ps2 twice because the first copy i had got scratched to hell

The first Crysis game, along with it's companion Warhead. Bought the disc version, then later bought them again on steam when they were on sale. This was so I always had a copy in case I lost the discs or the keys.

Also these are the only Crysis games I bought.

Xenogears and Chrono Trigger.

My old PSX Xenogears disc got scratched so I pretty much immediately went out and bought the copy from my local rare/used games store. not having a playable copy of that game is simply not an option for me.

As for Chrono Trigger I still have my old SNES cart as well as the PSX and DS re-releases.

Hmmm...I downloaded a copy of Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo on my PS3, once again not having a playable version of that game is not an option, but for completely different reasons that Xenogears.

Also Castlevania, Dr Mario and Metroid back when they were rereleasing classic NES games on the GBSP.

I won't call it the best game ever or even one of the best, but I bought 3 copies of American McGee's Alice. I'm also planning to buy Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 for Windows 7. If classic Dungeon Siege gets rereleased for W7, I'll buy that again too.

Super Meat boy (Humble Bundle then 360)
CoD4 (Steam then 360)
Sonic Generations (Steam then 360)
Starwars Battlefront 2 (PS2 then Steam)

Half-Life: Source was the very first game I ever got/played on Steam. A few months later, I came across a huge selection of some great games, old and new for around $2-$5 each. The original 1998 version of Half-Life was there. I bought it with nine other games.

I also have two copies of Sonic 3-D Blast! ...What?

Oh crap thanks for reminding me I need to get Battlefront II from Steam. :)

Silent Hill 2, bought the original and bought the directors cut and I was thinking of getting the HD collection. I also have two copies of Half Life, on Steam and on PS2. I have bought many games twice, because I resold them and rebought them, and because I sold my ps3 games to get them on xbox 360, there are too many to list. The next game I plan on getting again is L.A Noire so I have it on xbox 360 and Portal 2.

I've never bought a game twice because of how objectively good it was, but I've bought many games a couple of times because of how much I felt like playing them.

Fable 2 - bought twice
Fable 3 - bought twice
Transformers - bought 3 times
Prototype - bought twice
Gears of War 2 - bought twice
Assassin's Creed 2 - bought twice
Assassin's Creed - bought three times

Padwolf:
Silent Hill 2, bought the original and bought the directors cut and I was thinking of getting the HD collection. I also have two copies of Half Life, on Steam and on PS2. I have bought many games twice, because I resold them and rebought them, and because I sold my ps3 games to get them on xbox 360, there are too many to list. The next game I plan on getting again is L.A Noire so I have it on xbox 360 and Portal 2.

I don't know if the X-Box 360 version has something like this or not, but Steam has a "Complete Edition" for L.A. Noire.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/110800/
And, as for Portal 2. Well, you know... Valve games tend to be a lot better on PC. (Especially, if you purchase them on Steam.)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/620/?snr=1_7_suggest__13
Not to mention, with that free "Make your own test chambers" DLC coming up...
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/116978-Portal-2-Level-Editor-Coming-Next-Month

Lugbzurg:

Padwolf:

I don't know if the X-Box 360 version has something like this or not, but Steam has a "Complete Edition" for L.A. Noire.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/110800/
And, as for Portal 2. Well, you know... Valve games tend to be a lot better on PC. (Especially, if you purchase them on Steam.)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/620/?snr=1_7_suggest__13
Not to mention, with that free "Make your own test chambers" DLC coming up...
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/116978-Portal-2-Level-Editor-Coming-Next-Month

I was very tempted with the copy of LA Noire on Steam, but my laptop wouldn't run it :( I have it on ps3, but it's my brothers copy, so I will hopefully get the complete edition on XBOX 360. I didn't notice the Portal 2 DLC! Thank you good sir :D

battlefront 2 (twice on ps2, once for pc...LOVE THAT GAME.)
kingdom hearts 1 and 2 (someone stole my first copy then i sold a bunch of ps2 stuff then when i got to college i realized how derpy that was and saved up to buy it all back)
kotor 1 and 2 (once for xbox and once for pc)
oblivion/morrowind (once on xbox and once on pc, both goty editions)
fallout 3 (once on 360, once for pc)
dragon age (once for 360 once for pc)
mass effect 1 and 2 (once for 360, once for pc)

i'm sure there are plenty more but that's what comes to mind right now..

I used to do this. Technically, I have three copies of Super Mario Bros: the NES cartridge, the version on Super Mario All-Stars, and the Game Boy Color version. This same thing goes for Super Mario Bros. 3, as well (replace "Color" with "Advance"). But since then, I've decided not to do this anywhere near as much, since I dug my old consoles out of the basement. Now, I keep myself from buying a game I already own.

...unless it's Kirby Super Star. I owned the Super Nintendo game, but I heard that there were new gameplay modes in the DS version, so I got that, too.

And of course, the obvious answer: Pokemon games.

Oblivion, CoD4 and The Orange Box were all games I originally got on my PS3 when they came out. I played the living hell out of them, but last year when I got a 360 for the first time I traded in the PS3 versions and bought them all again for the 360. Played the hell out of 'em all over again, even bought all of the DLC for Oblivion.

The Bard's Tale for PS2 is also a game I bought twice because I stupidly decided to trade it in but later regretted it and so I just had to go get it back. I still have it here.

Indecipherable:
I've bought a few games more than once but that's more a result of me losing the original discs OR the CD Key associated with them because I lost the manual. Off the top of my head:

Diablo 2
Arcanum
Mass Effect 1
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines

Ding ding ding. Diablo 2 (2-3 times), SC/BW (3-4 times), WarCraft 3 (twice). That's it.

Hmm... I did this a bunch when I switched from the PC to the PS3. Bioshock, Dead Space, Call of Duty 4 and others.

I also got a lot of the HD collections being released for the PS3, even though I have some of those games on the PS2. God of War, Splinter Cell, Ico & Shadow of the Colossus, etc.

Oh, and otehr classics that I bought on the PSN, like Earthworm Jim HD, Wolfenstein 3D, Secret of Monkey Island, etc.

I have, at the very least, 5 different copies of Shining Force.

I have bought at least four copies of Swat 4. The play disc kept breaking, either when I was pulling it out of the case or in the case of the last disc, it tried to commit suicide by coming loose in the disc drive and firing out through the front of my tower.

No regrets though.

the entire pre-EA bioware library
diablo 2
jet set radio
persona 1,2,3
FF tactics x 3
deus ex human revolution
ocarina of time < o so many times>
star craft brood wars
animal crossing
vampire the masquerade

probably more, just cant remember them.

If I'm ever in a position where I have no idea what to spend my hundreds of dollars on, I will buy more DJ Hero 2. A damn-near perfect videogame. Flawless controls, flawless soundtrack, flawless multiplayer (it might be hard to find anyone online, but when you do, HELL YES) and a pretty good solo mode add up to the best music game EVER. And you people didn't buy it.
THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.
By "nice things," I mean DJ Hero 3D. More DJ Hero is never a bad thing.
As for duplicate games I actually own right now... I got nothing.

Out of pure nostalgia, I dusted off my old PS2 and got a copy of Star Wars Battlefront 2 of Amazon.

Totally worth it. Good party game.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked