Odd things you do in Video games

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

At some point while I'm playing, I need to make the character I'm controlling do some kind of dance, even if that means just moving back and forth in time to the music. I think I've done it in every game that I could since I was a kid. If there's music in the game, I'll have them dance to that. If not (or if the music sucks), I'll make up a song to sing while I'm playing.

redisforever:

Grouchy Imp:
I pose the corpses of my fallen enemies in Fallout 3 / New Vegas. Say I blow a raiders head off in VATS, that (headless) corpse then gets propped up against a wall with a sawnoff shotgun in their lap (yes I carry one around with me for this eventuality) and several empty whiskey bottles by their side (yes I carry those too). Other favourites (?) include the Junkie (stripped on a mattress with surgical tubing and empty syringes) and the Elvis (propped up on a public convenience with junk food scattered around).

I would provide pics but I play both those games on my Xbox and have no idea if you can screen capture on it or not.

<.<

>.>

Stop looking at me like that. It's normal.

I would love to do this. I need to continue my FO3 game then. That's pretty much how I play Garry's Mod.

It's great - if somewhat creepy - fun. Bear in mind however this approach massively increases the time it takes to clear out an area as you spend so much time arranging bodies just so.

Grouchy Imp:

redisforever:

Grouchy Imp:
Snip

I would love to do this. I need to continue my FO3 game then. That's pretty much how I play Garry's Mod.

It's great - if somewhat creepy - fun. Bear in mind however this approach massively increases the time it takes to clear out an area as you spend so much time arranging bodies just so.

In my plays of FO3 and New Vegas if I'd cleared a lot human enemies from an area I would sometimes pile them up, dump a load of explosives on them, run away a little, then lob a grenade in and watch the show. Always good fun.

Skootz:
In any game that allows it, I steal/loot/buy everyone's shoes.

This had me rolling with laughter.

In Skyrim, after clearing an area of enemies, I will usually look around an area and think as if I'm going to bring my own army to that area and use it as a base. I even go as far as to think of the defense in stages.

In GTA games if my car gets even slightly dented I have to change it.
It's just ruins the atmosphere if you turn up to a mission and you arrive in a car missing panelling.
I also sometimes like to abide by the speed limit sometimes and just cruise along listening to the radio.

Also in RPGs and any other game withg customisable armour I always go for aesthetics over usefulness. I spent most of Skyrim wearing nothing but normal clothes with fingerless gloves and a hood.

In Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 I just had my guy wear no armour apart from some badass recon jacket with aviators.

Gerishnakov:

Grouchy Imp:

redisforever:

In my plays of FO3 and New Vegas if I'd cleared a lot human enemies from an area I would sometimes pile them up, dump a load of explosives on them, run away a little, then lob a grenade in and watch the show. Always good fun.

A pile of bodies, you say? Gibs, you say?

I'd never even considered ...

I have a bunch of C4 sitting around doing nothing at the Lucky 38...

Thank you for this.

I save twice at every save point. I think it was because one time in Dead Space (I think, for some reason I seem to think it was Lego Star Wars) I made some serious progress, then THOUGHT I saved when I really didn't. You can imagine my frustration when I turned on the console next. Now, I just don't take any chances.

I'll pretty much always save my game every hour or so when I go for a smoke break. When I get back to my game, i'll then proceed to forget that i've saved the game, check if I did, and then proceed to save it again.

This was especially stupid when I was living elsewhere and smoked inside. Walking outside gives me somewhat of an excuse, but when i'm sitting right where I was when I saved it a couple of minutes previously, it's just silly.

I'm also one on the hoarder bandwagon, am currently playing Chrono Trigger and have dozens of elixirs etc - am just about to start the end game run.

In Hitman games, I absolutely have to a playthrough of each mission where I don't worry about stealth and just kill everything. Is especially hilarious in the mission in Blood Money with the two nightclubs (Heaven and Hell from memory).

Grouchy Imp:

It's great - if somewhat creepy - fun. Bear in mind however this approach massively increases the time it takes to clear out an area as you spend so much time arranging bodies just so.[/quote]

That's actually what I do in S.T.A.L.K.E.R., but as I've usually got a shortage of guns as I tend to sell them quickly for the money, I just fling the people into firebarrels and watch them burst into flames. Or dump the bodies in bathrooms, or off bridges.

(Usually in buildings or caves) if I come to a split in the path, I'll want to know whats down each. Normally, one is a dead-end (maybe with treasure or something) and one is the way to go. I'll hope for the dead-end first time around so I see whats down each!

There have been a fair few times where I went down one path, suspected it wasn't a dead-end, went back again and down the other one, suspected it wasn't either, and I'll run between the two for ages only getting a little bit further each time!! 0.0

When playing a game like Skyrim or any other RPG, I purposely go the wrong way of the objective, mostly because I feel if I don't I will miss something very important

I never fast travel.
I try to find every possible thing I can jump on.
I'm more interested in my armor looking good than having a good armor rating.

Sometimes in FPSs, I limit myself tp playing only with two weapons with three reloads each. In general, I tend to play games in a realistic manner. There was always a slight break in immersion when characters can pull out magazine after magazine of ammo out of there ass and carry four weapons the size of mopeds (that would vanish at the start of a cutscene). It also made playing games more of challenge.

Superpower fixation. If there's an RPG with some super awesome power, I won't wait until it pops up that I can afford it, I'll just grind and grind tiny low level stuff to get it and have one epic ability amongst my myriad newbie ones. xD

Also I tend to have a weird obsession with item appearance. If an item looks better than one I have, I have to trade it out, even if it's not as good... guess I'm just a fashion nut at heart. (:

Make enemy corpses do the the "ragdoll dance" preferably with a weapon of some kind.

I'm rather anal about keeping AI companions alive, even if their AI is pretty stupid. I've reloaded Halo and Half Life 2 saves way more than necessary just to keep my 'mates' alive.

I also barely if ever keep doors open. I don't even know why.

And when a shooter has one, I often absolutely abuse the quick-swap weapon button. That started with Counterstrike: Source, been stuck with it ever since.

Samantha Burt:
Superpower fixation. If there's an RPG with some super awesome power, I won't wait until it pops up that I can afford it, I'll just grind and grind tiny low level stuff to get it and have one epic ability amongst my myriad newbie ones. xD

Also I tend to have a weird obsession with item appearance. If an item looks better than one I have, I have to trade it out, even if it's not as good... guess I'm just a fashion nut at heart. (:

I'm exactly this way!

Save, save, save, save and save. I blame Skyrim for that recently developed hell. Also I have a fetish for reloading weapons. I love the clicks and scraping noises made when switching mags!

krazykidd:

Also i always save twice when i manual save in two different save slots, just in case . Oh and i always keep a back up at important events just incase i screw something up . The bahamut zero summon from FF7 taught me that one .

All of my Fallout saves and Skyrim saves are double saved in two spots. My brother thinks I'm crazy...Crazy like a fox.

Otherwise I'll allow my character to have a seat and chill for a minute if things are hectic.

I always go the wrong way.

ALWAYS.

If I see a split on a road, I go the longer way or the way I know to be wrong. If I've got a compass, I'll totally ignore it.

In Mario Galaxy, I did a back flip to get the star at the end of the level.
Every. Damn. Time.

Space Spoons:
In most shooting games, if I come across an ammo pickup when I've already got a full clip, I'll always fire off a few shots so I can pick it up. It's completely pointless and a total waste of time, but I just can't leave ammo laying around. What if I need it later?

*Laughing facepalm* That makes no sense! No sense what-so-ever! Ohh, that made my day. :)

OT: I must explore every route possible in an FPS or RPG, just in case I miss that super awesome item that lets me run around like an invincible god. Or something.
I also reload like crazy, which has often gotten me killed. My gun must be full before the next encounter, lest I run out of ammo, sometimes, I even reload in the middle of a fight.
I ammo hoard as well, picking up everything the game will let me. Never know when I might need 50,000+ rounds of minigun ammo, never mind that I don't actually have a minigun.
Lastly, I do side quests first, main quests last. Dunno why, it just seems the right way to do it, even if it can be a little flow-breaking. (I'm looking at you, inFAMOUS.)

I always try to find a way out of the normal bounds of the map. Nothing beats boldly going where no developer intended you to go. Sometimes it means falling into an infinite abyss, but it's always worth it.

I jump everywhere on any game that allows it, I reload after firing a single round (but I just consider that logical) and on Assassin's Creed I would always climb buildings to get around, even when there's a clear path on the floor to the destination. I just like seeing the climbing animations...

Other than that, I really can't think of much, apart from all the perfectionist things, like making sure I fight every single trainer on Pokemon, or upgrading every single weapon on Ratchet and Clank before beating the last boss, but I mean that makes sense a bit.

Since I'm mainly an RPGer, I often worry about the in-game economics. And I will feel guilty about unloading all the crap I've found from dead enemies/chests/piles of litter, and never buy anything in return.

But only in certain circumstances. For example, in KoA: Reckoning, the first village you reach has a corner shop, and you find out the chick who runs it has lost her husband and all her kids in the war. She's depressed and trying to hold her life together. So I wont cripple her economically by selling her all my shit. Anyone who annoys me or has what would amount to government backing however, I'll happily take all their money for the sub par shit I've pulled out of a giant spiders gut.

LiberalSquirrel:
-In fighting games, if the game allows you to do a move after you've defeated your opponent, I always do a low-kick and "kick 'em while they're down." This started in Soul Calibur 2 and has not changed. This is also how I "Finish him" in Mortal Kombat games. My "ankle break of death" is now a bit of a running joke in my circle of friends.

After about the first 10 seconds of this video

you can see a stabbing down move that causes the opponent to be hit by lightning. I do this every time after killing someone. Either that or I try to run off the end of the stage.

Daystar Clarion:
I'm so anal about character customisation, it's not even funny.

Seriously, I'll spend ages crafting a character and then if I notice something that bugs me, I'll delete hours of game play just to rectify it.

I fucked up the nose or the ears or the chin/jawline on Shepard so many times in ME1 that I gave up and used the default for all playthroughs.

OT: I have CRS (Constant Reload System). Whenever I start playing CSS again it usually results in a week of training myself to leave the fucking R key alone.

And I never wear helments in RPGs, no matter what, because they always look fucking ridiculous.

Daystar Clarion:
I'm so anal about character customisation, it's not even funny.

Seriously, I'll spend ages crafting a character and then if I notice something that bugs me, I'll delete hours of game play just to rectify it.

Snap.

Also, I enjoy driving in city-game traffic. Hate it IRL though.

I also forget that characters are just subroutines and microprograms; I'll feel sorry for being a dick to them, empathise for them and become extremely lonely when I'm used to having them with me for so long.

This too:

Woodsey:
And I never wear helments in RPGs, no matter what, because they always look fucking ridiculous.

and this:

bojackx:
I reload after firing a single round (but I just consider that logical)

Oh, and this (in nearly every single RPG game):

kTrmnatr:
I always try to find a way out of the normal bounds of the map. Nothing beats boldly going where no developer intended you to go. Sometimes it means falling into an infinite abyss, but it's always worth it.

I'll just slap this in here as well:

Jerry Pendleton:
When playing a game like Skyrim or any other RPG, I purposely go the wrong way of the objective, mostly because I feel if I don't I will miss something very important

...and probably many, many more I can't be bothered to look at :D
I've got problems.

In open-world games without directions on the mini-map to your waypoint, I usually take some weird and bizarre path due to my terrible sense of direction. Also, I like dumping the corpses of guards of buildings in Assassin's Creed, or when I'm at low notoriety, carry them through the streets.

Rumpsteak:
In any game that dares throw a QTE at me I will hold there forever just to see what happens.

God knows what would happen if you played Heavy Rain then...

when games let me I always play with dead bodies.

I always save 2-3 times because I dont trust saving once.

I make it a point to kill all children in games.

I hoard everything in games even starting gear because I feel obligated to hold on to it.

I love to make my chars into whores if sex is possible in game a fine example is Fallout 2.

I never use shields in LoZ games to the point of its insane

So yes I have some silly quirks about me in games

I try my damned hardest to fight my way out of the game world to see how things run from behind the scenes and boy! Some of the creepy stuff I find!

NeutralDrow:
I obey the traffic laws in No More Heroes.

Also, I play with the cat every time I leave the apartment, but I wonder how unusual that really is.

The first part is odd. The second part, not so much.

For me, in any game that allows it, I always taunt. If I am beating someone into the ground and there is a taunt button, I will take the time to taunt them, be it Sengoku Basara, TF2, or Madworld. When I'm hit while taunting, I say "There's always time to taunt!"

shoot people.
you find this not odd at all?
well how often do you shoot people in reality?

I'm also a compulsive reloader and quicksaver
When I have to kill people in a game that allows you to move them, I drag them into somewhere hidden or I "frame" somebody else (often another enemy) even if there's no reason to
I always keep x number of any given healing item (e.g. at least 10 stimpacks at all times in New Vegas)

I have to top it off. I must have my all of my guns reloaded after any fight. This can be an issue in games where you lose any unused bullets in the clip...

I do also enjoy assassination, but I don't think that counts.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked