Will Pay to Win
2.6% (1)
2.6% (1)
Why God Why!!!
56.4% (22)
56.4% (22)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 Canceled

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 has been confirmed to have shut down, featured on the PC gamer website.

It seems that the Dev team could not secure the IP from the creator; they are now working on a F2P MMOFPS called SUrvivum, based on S.T.A.L.K.E.R but on a world wide scale.

Link to PC Gamer article
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/04/25/stalker-2-finally-dead-developers-move-on-to-another-apocalypse-with-survarium/

captcha: diddly-squat
how accurate :/

I think I'd rather play the world-wide one

grrr that sucks. i was looking forward to stalker 2

is it me or is there an MMO trend?

I cant stand the Idea of my favorite series being reduced to an MMO, (Im talking about mass effect)

I just had to look at my calendar to make sure that it wasn't april fools day...

Huh, do think one of my friends is fan of that game. Will have to tell her. Probably when it's not 12:50 AM. Though she might already know, she keeps up on such news better than I do. I still need to play it. Then I can be disappointed afterward.

Vault101:

Coming up next:

Fight your enemies! Help your friends! Try to survive! In Half-Life 3: Online, the new MMO by Valve.

Are you prepared to be a hero? Regardless of your answer, fate has already chosen for you. So grab your gear and set on a majestic journey to fulfil your role. Take part in the new MMORPG The Legend of Zelda: Many Paths.

It's is on. The war has dragged for far too long and has changed the face of the planet forever. You are one of the survivors. But little did you know, that once the war ended, the true battle for survival would start. Battle of wits, battle of intellect, battle of will. In Minesweeper: Global Survival

I was pretty sure that STALKER 2 wasn't going to get made anyway so im not that sad, still dissapointing to hear it confirmed but I am glad to hear they are starting work on a new game. It sounds like it could be interesting so i'll keep an eye on it to see what it's like.

It's an interesting idea to go multiplayer with the whole STALKER concept, but if there's one thing MMOs just keep struggling with it's establishing atmosphere. Especially a harsh, intimidating atmosphere like the one that made STALKER great. What are you gonna do? Go the standard MMOFPS route to build a big, online city ruin and fill it with people alternating between firing bullets and flinging sexual slur?

It would ruin the atmosphere and horror of the genre and how would group mechanics work in such an environment. Not to mention that to keep the one bullet away from death feel would open up entire universes of greifing.

I actually liked the first STALKER game. The atmosphere was great, the enemy AI was impressive. It had a lot of bugs and annoyances but there's mods that fix most of them. The thing most people seemed to complain about is how hard it is to shoot anything. It annoyed me at first too, but after some practice you get used to the bullet physics.

It sucks that they're ditching STALKER to ride on the F2P bandwagon, but maybe if the game is complex and has a steep enough learning curve it will keep most of the tards out and maybe not totally ruin the atmosphere.

Well, it could be based around survival, economy and full-loot PvP like UO. But with shooting, factions and anomalies and...

F2P, fuck.

Well that is the end of that. I was actually just thinking about how good STALKER was the other day and hoping STALKER 2 didn't get canceled and now here we are. And what happened? The dev team went to immediately cash in on the MMO craze, how unfortunate.
There goes all my interest!
Get out of here, Stalker!

usmarine4160:
I think I'd rather play the world-wide one

Aye, me too. It should be good if it's developed properly.

Another highly anticipated sequel canned in favor of unfitting MMO. Sad times.

Considering that completely starting from scratch on a new game with a similar theme would be completely useless, I expect that at least half of the current STALKER 2 assets will be present in Survivum, so we're still basically getting STALKER 2. I'm not so hot on the Free To Play aspect, but I don't expect them to completely screw up tragically when the game releases.

EDIT:

DoPo:

Vault101:

Coming up next:

It's is on. The war has dragged for far too long and has changed the face of the planet forever. You are one of the survivors. But little did you know, that once the war ended, the true battle for survival would start. Battle of wits, battle of intellect, battle of will. In Minesweeper: Global Survival

I would play that.

While sadly a S.T.A.L.K.E.R is nothing without the ZONE, we can adapt if need be, if we could survive the ZONE then we can endure. Also, the last thing we need right now is a massive butt hurt, hateful lashing out. This project, if done properly could be quite good and for that they will need the support of the community because if all are against from all directions than of course it will definitely fail.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked