I have a problem, perhaps you guys could be of help.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I decided to buy The Old Republic, but have not been able to create an account so far becasue EVERY FUCKING USERNAME IS FUCKING INVALID ON FUCKING THE STAR WARS THE OLD FUCKING REPUBLIC!!!

Anone ever ran into this when trying to create a new account before? Any fix?

Not for SWTOR but on other places. I just add random letters or numbers until it works or make up words. Alternatively, slam your hand on the keyboard several times and save that somewhere. I have several of those accounts scattered through the web. "aegfghteadhbsghy" or something.

It's a problem your going to run into anywhere especially if you are trying to use names of things that are already famous or that are used in the star wars universe. DoPo got it right, make something up or type it with your elbows, but don't, for the love of god slam your hands on the keyboard, that's how the twilight series was written.

Go for something longer. Say...10 or more characters. The odds of the username being taken plummet when you're using a longer lame. Good luck getting a name like...say...Bill, or Jake to work though.

here are some examples of names that are probably not taken: Slianzidar, or Quintae, or Baskilia.
use your imagination.

It's how I ended up with my stupid email address.

I really should have cut my losses at 15 when I realised it was stupid. If I'd swapped over then I wouldn't be stuck logging in to half of everything with a stupid email.

I mean, sure I have my name in an email now which I receive in the same log in, but it's still annoying.

I love how me and some buddies like 20 people all decided to take popular character names from other video games, and like one username of our own. So 3 guys had like all the street fighter names lol. I took all the weird names like Tranny or Shemale lol. It was hilarious making my character look really terrible with the name Shemale and playing legit. People were all like wtf.

On topic however try to think of something original, I used the name Dizra awhile back because nobody ever used it, but it got boring to me.

Ok I got a solution to your problem but its going to require three hookers, a chinese midget, two eight balls of coke, and a donkey show.

Your other option is to pick a completely random name, like something from a random name generator. Finding a name that isnt taken is always going to be hard on a game with millions of people.

Devon Dent:
but don't, for the love of god slam your hands on the keyboard, that's how the twilight series was written.

Buhh-zing! :P

OT: I hate coming up with original names. I haven't played TOR, but I do remember the name generator from my long-past days of WoW. It gave me such brilliant name ideas as "Idea", "Rope", "Thing", "Hair", "Grass", "Pave", and "Lecture".

Seriously, for every actual fantasy name the WoW name generator gave me, it'd give me 2 or 3 "names" that were just random words.

Tufty94:
I decided to buy The Old Republic, but have not been able to create an account so far becasue EVERY FUCKING USERNAME IS FUCKING INVALID ON FUCKING THE STAR WARS THE OLD FUCKING REPUBLIC!!!

Go with Tufty94. If that doesn't work, try Tufty_94.

And if that doesn't work, choose a random object in your room. Add your favorite colour or an adjective, and then stir.

RJ 17:

Devon Dent:
but don't, for the love of god slam your hands on the keyboard, that's how the twilight series was written.

Buhh-zing! :P

OT: I hate coming up with original names. I haven't played TOR, but I do remember the name generator from my long-past days of WoW. It gave me such brilliant name ideas as "Idea", "Rope", "Thing", "Hair", "Grass", "Pave", and "Lecture".

Seriously, for every actual fantasy name the WoW name generator gave me, it'd give me 2 or 3 "names" that were just random words.

Oh I know what you mean, apparently 'fantasy names' means 20 consonants and 1 vowel. But back on topic, so many people have accounts, not even for playing the game, I remember my Diablo 2 days and how many accounts I had that were good names, but I only used them as mules. Hell, on that I had to try 16 different things to get my XBL gamer tag.

one thing me and my friends will sometimes do is use this: http://wordsmith.org/anagram/index.html

Put in your name, or whatever you want, and pick something from the list that takes your fancy.

The user name I always use is my fire engine's call number, but that doesn't lend itself well to roleplaying games. Maybe use a name generator online and find something you like?

Well, since the login goes by your email address and the account name only shows up on forum posts (and because you can't use numbers in the name)... I'd say the elbow to the keyboard method would work. Or just pick a mundane name and then think of a strange way to spell it... and then a stranger way, and an even stranger way, until you're left with nothing but consonants that may or may not put a reader in mind of the intended original name.
Luckily for me, I was on board before the credit farming spammers started up...

Call yourself Jeff Punchmaster. It's what I'd do if I could be fucked to play ToR but I can't so take it and spread the glory.

Nope the username I use for games is never taken.

It did take me a very long time before I found one I liked that no one else ever came up with. Been using it for over 4 years now.

Long ago I had that problem. I used to use Calimero, from a book series. These days I'm brunothepig, which is never taken.
Is this really unexpected to you? Have you never signed up to an online game before?

It's working fine now. I think it had something to do with the server maintenance since it seemed to work fine after they had finished.

Lots of mmos have that problem, guild wars has a really good system for it, you get a first name and a last name so its much less likely that you will have the same name as someone else unless your copying your name from a character from a movie or tv or something.

Strange, my names were free. I never seem to have this problem. Then again I try to pick random names... for example: Drixit, Vanis, Iseko,...

The way I do it is for example: Cthulhu (I hope you know who that is?) ---(drop the u)--> cthulh---> Kathul. There you go. You have a name.

I find adding vowels to the end of it helps

bah accursed double post

Try a Star Wars random name generator, if you haven't.

When I played Combat Arms a lot of people had multi-accounts and added _x3 to their original account name for some reason.

I subverted this trope on other games by adding a _x3me (get it? EXTREME!)

Does it allow symbols? Do a fish ><(((>

Das Boot:
Ok I got a solution to your problem but its going to require three hookers, a chinese midget, two eight balls of coke, and a donkey show.

May I attend this party, pretty please?

If the above fails you could try using any random words from the Welsh language. Observe this post translated into Welsh;

GoaThief:

Das Boot:
O'r gorau Cawn ateb at 'ch broblem namyn 'i yn cerdded at gofyn 'n dri bachwyr a chinese midget , 'n ddau wyth belau chan chc , a as arddangos.

Ddilynwy hon barti , 'n bert blesio?

Ai 'r goruwch fails allaist brofi yn arfer unrhyw eiriau chan 'r Cymraeg. Chyfarchwylia hon bostio Cymreigiedig

Yeah.

I'll sit there for hours thinking up an original username to use that isn't "Snipes" or "JediNite1" or "Magiks" or some crap.

I take pride in most of my account names, though "Bvenged" wasn't my most creative moment. In fact, it sparked off creativity for all the rest; and since it was my first inspirational name, I use it everywhere I go first-time (though I'm contemplating switching over to a newer name I though up).

Basically: If it doesn't roll off the tongue; contains any arbitrary characters, integers or capitals; can't be said in 2 to 3 syllables; isn't eye-friendly and/or looks too effeminate - it might be good enough but I want better.

By using such a rigorous procedure I actually come out with some exceptionally unique, memorable and cool names.

Devon Dent:

Oh I know what you mean, apparently 'fantasy names' means 20 consonants and 1 vowel.

Don't forget apostrophes. Lots and lots of apostrophes.

OP, try Kry'hyx'kr'lar. Bet that one isn't in use.

o9i0u867y
there is your new username congratulations!

if you want something more meaningful than o910u876y (and i dont see why, its a kick ass name) the best option is to try a random name generator, different server, add nonsense to the end of a good name (.e.g. paul76tr2r) or simply keep trying

You think thats bad? think how bad our kids will have it, they'll never find a name!

Ah, yes. I have a collection of names I made up myself and use nearly everywhere, however sometimes, they're all taken. It's really frustrating because making up a name can be annoying since I want it to be perfect.

Verzin:
Go for something longer. Say...10 or more characters. The odds of the username being taken plummet when you're using a longer lame. Good luck getting a name like...say...Bill, or Jake to work though.

here are some examples of names that are probably not taken: Slianzidar, or Quintae, or Baskilia.
use your imagination.

yes, go for something longer, something with numbers and symbols which you can easily forget.

Tufty94:

if you are quick you could still play as Dr. Ball, M.D

double post- this is getting old.

triple post- sometimes its a love-hate relationship....

The_Waspman:

Devon Dent:

Oh I know what you mean, apparently 'fantasy names' means 20 consonants and 1 vowel.

No, it's already taken. Usernames are getting really hard to find now.

Kry'hyx'kr'lar:

The_Waspman:

Devon Dent:

No, it's already taken. Usernames are getting really hard to find now.

Kudos on the effort you've made to disprove my point. Or whatever.

Oh, btw, I'll be wanting royalties for the use of my name...

I've never really had any problem like this cause my username is unique, just add a few random words at the end of your normal username and it should be fine.

(like "FredrikorexElkBoat")

Note: I don't know anything about this, ignore my advice if you think it's stupid.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked