16.1% (9)
Undecided
32.1% (18)
32.1% (18)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: The walking dead the game

Just finished my first of many playthroughs

and for me this was an amazing game.
the heavy story driven game, hard choices , your attitude and behavior having an effect on your companions.
the action sequences are fitting to the style of game they are going for.

and the slight puzzle point and click nature similar to the old sierra style games. gave me some good nostalgia.

and for 22 dollars its defiantly affordable.

anyone thats a fan of the story driven games, or a passing interest would find something to enjoy here i think.

I loved it.

I was a fan of the comics from the beggining, and it's good to see that the TV show is giving this great series the protagonism it deserves. The game taking place in the comic series, rather than the TV show, is even better, as the source material is almost always better than the adaptations, awesome though they may be.

It's a great adventure game, and like the comics, it's more about the people than the zombies. I know this might put off those who want, say, "Dead Rising 2" all over again, but as far as adventure games go, this is a superb example of the genre.

I'm glad, too. I was very skeptical about it, since I hated "Back to the Future", and simply didn't enjoy "Jurassic Park", so I was afraid Telltale Games would fumble the ball... but they learned from their mistakes.

Also awesome is that since it's in 5 monthly episodes, it'll do to kill that "Walking Dead" craving until the show starts back in October.

I`ve seen the gametrailers review and it looked good. I have bought a few Telltale seasons already (MI & Sam&Max 1-2) and i`m going to buy this one too unless they screw it up(don`t think they will- i love the seasons i already have).

I feared they would go into the interactive movie direction to much but since there are still puzzles i`m kind of relieved. I just like what i saw but damn i can`t buy it now, the wait for every new episode would kill me and i want to see how Telltale manages their choice system in the end.

I joined the club when the TV show rolles around, haven't read any of the comic books yet. I watched the trailer and wasn't all "I must play that now". mostly because I found the graphics a bit odd-looking. So I'll probably get it when the whole season is out and there's some kind of special offer.

Iwata:
I loved it.

I was a fan of the comics from the beggining, and it's good to see that the TV show is giving this great series the protagonism it deserves. The game taking place in the comic series, rather than the TV show, is even better, as the source material is almost always better than the adaptations, awesome though they may be.

It's a great adventure game, and like the comics, it's more about the people than the zombies. I know this might put off those who want, say, "Dead Rising 2" all over again, but as far as adventure games go, this is a superb example of the genre.

I'm glad, too. I was very skeptical about it, since I hated "Back to the Future", and simply didn't enjoy "Jurassic Park", so I was afraid Telltale Games would fumble the ball... but they learned from their mistakes.

Also awesome is that since it's in 5 monthly episodes, it'll do to kill that "Walking Dead" craving until the show starts back in October.

haha speak for yourself about it being awesome that its going to take 5 months to get to the end.

its a bit glitchy in parts but for the first time we have an honest to goodness zombie survival game that feels like it.

i was suprised how quickly you get used to the cell shading within a few minutes i never noticed it

I have yet to play it, but it shows potential to be good.

So I'm definitely getting it (though one episode at a time, ain't spending my money on the whole episode pack that hasn't even gotten a review) once I get a non-shit PC.

phoenixlink:
snip

I loved it also ^_^ The framerate is a bit crazy but besides that its great. Like the comic book, lots of talking which makes the flashes of violence stand out even more.

Can't wait to replay it and choose different options. I wanna see how that pans out.

I also wanna see what happens if you just pick the "silence" option all the time XD

TheCaptain:
I joined the club when the TV show rolles around, haven't read any of the comic books yet. I watched the trailer and wasn't all "I must play that now". mostly because I found the graphics a bit odd-looking. So I'll probably get it when the whole season is out and there's some kind of special offer.

Not a fan of cel-shading?

We need more cel-shaded games dammit!

Durgiun:
I have yet to play it, but it shows potential to be good.

So I'm definitely getting it (though one episode at a time, ain't spending my money on the whole episode pack that hasn't even gotten a review) once I get a non-shit PC.

Its on xbox and ps3 as well... It handles ok on them as well despite being a bit point& clicky.

I'm waiting for the inevitable sale. I'm a fan of Telltale's point and click games, but am unfortunately a little too strapped for cash to buy an episodic series based solely on the quality of its first chapter.

It's a very slow burner but it did pick up just before it ended which is more than a bit of a cop out. There's a distinct lack of puzzles in the game too, the only one I remember is and I kid you not; putting batteries the right way around into a radio.

lobster1077:
It's a very slow burner but it did pick up just before it ended which is more than a bit of a cop out. There's a distinct lack of puzzles in the game too, the only one I remember is and I kid you not; putting batteries the right way around into a radio.

You serious? What about:

i liked the game i can't wait fot the next episode just goes to show that point and click adventures are still popular as they were 30 years ago.

I have never played such a game before. I do play games for their stories though, so maybe i'll enjoy a telltale game? What makes this different than other story driven games ? It's a genuine question by the way.

RustlessPotato:
I have never played such a game before. I do play games for their stories though, so maybe i'll enjoy a telltale game? What makes this different than other story driven games ? It's a genuine question by the way.

The major choices are actually pretty hard to make. The dialog is timed, so it keeps the pace of the story up and makes speech more interesting.

daveman247:

Not a fan of cel-shading?

We need more cel-shaded games dammit!

Not so much. I did like it in Prince of Persia, but generally I think most games do better without it.

But I don't even think it's the cell-shading here. They just found a point between realistic and drawn that kinda irks me. Not really the deepest spot in the uncanny valley, but just enough to make it look... odd.

TheCaptain:

Not so much. I did like it in Prince of Persia, but generally I think most games do better without it.

But I don't even think it's the cell-shading here. They just found a point between realistic and drawn that kinda irks me. Not really the deepest spot in the uncanny valley, but just enough to make it look... odd.

You won't like the comics then :P Its pretty much the same style there.

I disagree that games do better without, i think it gives them more character. :P Borderlands and x111 would never have been as good as they were without it.

Who needs realism >.<

I thought it was amazing. I love how the choices you make have such a drastic input on the story. Really amazing what they did. It adds a gravitas to your decisions that other games with choice and consequence try to accomplish(looking at you ME!) but ultimately fail to deliver on. Really awesome how the next episode is hinted at after you beat it and it shows different things occurring depending on your decisions. Would like to purchase it all at once(XBLA CURSE YOU!) with a season pass but w/e. Will have to patiently wait and stare at this wall until the next episode.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked