Skyrim DLC: Crossbows and Snow Elves? (Rumour)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

So nothing to do with the Dwemer? Maw =(

They're like the only expy fantasy race in Skyrim I find interesting... except maybe the Altmer, but they're Nazi Elves. Which is awesome on the basis of comedy alone...

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Nah, you are right.

Enter random dungeon in Oblivion. Its inhabited by one or more of the following: animals, necromancers, magicians, bandits, daedra, vampires and maybe one or two more I am missing. If there are magicians theres a good chance they will summon a variety of different species. On top of that: while the dungeons in Oblivion are identical, they still branch out into different rooms and parts.

Enter random dungeon in Skyrim. Its inhabited by one of the following: bandits, vampires, draugr. The entire dungeon is as linear as Battlefield 3's campaign and somewhere along the line theres going to be an easy snake bird whale puzzle.

Plenty of mage/necromancer/forsworn/beast dungeons in skyrim, as well as the bandit/draugr/vampire ones. Also, falmer dungeons and dwemer dungeons. There's even at least one daedra dungeon.
If anything there's more variety in dungeons in Skyrim, I'd say...

Its going to take a lot more than that to make me even think about either reinstalling or paying for the DLC, maybe if the DLC actually tried to fill out this empty open world, it'd grab my interest, I'm not asking for much...just stuff to actually happen is all.

SajuukKhar:

Tanis:
Maybe that's being 'saved' for TES6?

TES6: Underground

A game so deep and dark the MC cuts themselves to feel.

Funny........

I just get emotionally jades seeing Elder Scrolls topic were people talk about stuff that has been known for like 5+ years, and then I tell them but its so buttfuttingly confusing that most of them dont get it.

I'm nowhere near as lored-up as you (I'm getting there, but I'm honestly not all that interested in the Kirkbride articles), but I get what you mean. I know exactly what the Disappearance of the Dwemer is all about, and hearing my friends discussing it was really fun. Reminded me of a younger version of myself :)

I want my shurikens and darts back :(

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Enter random dungeon in Oblivion. Its inhabited by one or more of the following: animals, necromancers, magicians, bandits, daedra, vampires and maybe one or two more I am missing. If there are magicians theres a good chance they will summon a variety of different species. On top of that: while the dungeons in Oblivion are identical, they still branch out into different rooms and parts.

Enter random dungeon in Skyrim. Its inhabited by one of the following: bandits, vampires, draugr. The entire dungeon is as linear as Battlefield 3's campaign and somewhere along the line theres going to be an easy snake bird whale puzzle.

Skyrim don't just have bandit, vampire and draugr dungeons. There are also animal dens (either bears or spiders IIRC), necromancer lairs, warlock lairs (frost, flame, cunjuration and storm wizards rather than necromancers), forsworn camps, dwarven cities (including falmer) and witch dens with hargravens).

Vampires are boring, overused and just plain stupid. Crossbows might be interesting but I already know I will never use them. As for the Falmer unless they turn it into a large quest line similar to the KOTN in Oblivion, I won't be interested. But seeing as I'm a whore for anything Elder Scrolls ill buy any DLC for Skyrim no matter what.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
So the two most annoying fucking things in the vanilla game (falmer and vampires) + crossbows.

I'll pass.

More Falmer? No thank you, Beth.

And more bloody snow. Can't they give us just one warm place?

RionP:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Skyrim don't just have bandit, vampire and draugr dungeons. There are also animal dens (either bears or spiders IIRC), necromancer lairs, warlock lairs (frost, flame, cunjuration and storm wizards rather than necromancers), forsworn camps, dwarven cities (including falmer) and witch dens with hargravens).

Don't forget that some of the dungeons are pretty big and open. Like a certain dungeon that's right in the middle of five or six major cities that is the one of the BIGGEST FUCKING PLACES that can be found in Skyrim.

Honestly, it sounds like this person stopped playing when he/she went into their fifth draugr dungeon and there wasn't anything new to fight.

The_Blue_Rider:

Because thats a great reason for Genocide right?

It wasn't really a genocide, the Snow Elves had to protect their civilization from a soon to be threat. They knew that man had another homeland so they probably thought they could just intimidate them back.

The Vampires they mentioned are probably going to be what they made in the Skyrim game jam, so we might be playing some crazy f'ing demon lord dude! And I was reading on the TES wiki that the Snow elves used spears and bows to fight, so maybe we'll be getting spears too? Obviously everything new isn't in that one file the dude found and was probably placed there as a clue for DLC.

Crossbows sound cool, I'll admit.

And if the DLC has actual Snow Elves, rather than the devolved Falmer, that would be pretty cool.

Glademaster:
Wow you really messed up your TES lore there in one sentence. Lorkhan is not Talos or Sithis as Shor is the only alternate to Lorkhan that is actually applicable there. Talos was Tiber Septim who went on to be the God that people now worship which is kind of the point of the Thalmor to a degree. Sithis has been stated is neither Aedra or Deadra.

The only Lorkhan-Sithis connection is that Lorkhan was a follower of the ideals of Sithis' alt Padomay.

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/vehks-teaching
What is the rim of the Wheel?

As the process of subcreation continued, both Anu and Padhome awakened. For to see your antithesis is to finally awaken. Each gave birth to their souls, Auriel and Sithis, and these souls regarded the Aurbis each in their own part, and from this came the etada, the original patterns. These etada eventually congealed.

Anu's firstborn, for he mostly desired order, was time, anon Akatosh. Padhome's firstborn went wandering from the start, changing as he went, and wanted no name but was branded with Lorkhan.

http://uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Sithis_%28book%29
So Sithis begat Lorkhan and sent him to destroy the universe. Lorkhan! Unstable mutant!

http://uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Monomyth
Trinimac, Auriel's greatest knight, knocked Lorkhan down in front of his army and reached in with more than hands to take his Heart.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111111090058/elderscrolls/images/3/3e/700889-sithis_super.jpg
Statue of Sithis, NOTE THE MISSING HEART
Lorkhan is the firstborn son of Sithis, but he is Sithis's son in the same way Jesus was the son of god, he both both Sithis's son and Sithis incarnate.

The bond is hinted at with the use of the word begat, much in the same way gd "begat his only son". This bond becomes more apparent when one looks at Sithis's statue, he is missing his heart exactly like Lorkhan is. To kill Lorkhan is to kill Sithis, remove Lorkhan's heart and you remove Sithis's heart. They are father and son, AND THE SAME BEING. the same applies to Akatosh amd Anuiel as they are Lorkhan's and Sithis's counterparts

Anu = Anuiel = Akatosh
Padhome = Sithis = Lorkhan
Talos is made up of three people, ysmir wulfharth, Tiber Septim, and zurin Arcuts, each of whom was an avatar of Lorkhan and they maerged togeather to form Talos. Talos is Lorkhan reborn, that is why The Thalmor hate him so.

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/forum-archives-michael-kirkbride
Lorkhan and his avatars:

1. Wulfharth L
2. Hjalti O
3. Ysmir R
4. Talos K
5. Arctus H
6. Septim A
N

rhizhim:
nope.

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/forum-archives-others
"On the origin of Nedes

The usual Imperial arrogance. The hoary old "Out of Atmora" theory has been widely discredited (no reputable archaeologist would publicly support it these days), but the Imperial Geographers continue to beat the drum of the Nordic Fatherland in the best tradition of the Septim Empire. They seem to think that the imprimature of officialdom gives their outdated scholarship added weight -- which, unfortunately, it appears to in the eyes of the ever-gullible public which continues to snap up the latest Pocket Guides along with the rest of their Imperial Certified pablum."

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/forum-archives-michael-kirkbride
Out of Atmora (07/10/08):

And for the last time (uh huh), Nedes != Atmorans. That's just shoddy scholarship from a bygone regime.
The Nedes were not Atmorias, they were born and created on Tamriel, as all life was.

The true histories have been lost under piles of propaganda and lies. do not believe the Dragoncrown or the Aldmeri Upstarts, for they know not.

moved to my above post

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Nah, you are right.

Daedras are the only ones that don't have a dungeon in Skyrim actually. Every single one of those creatures you mentioned, Skyrim had a dungeon for, maybe you weren't looking hard enough. In addition to that, there's also the dwemer and the falmer + chaurus dungeons, so I don't really know if you were talking out of your ass when you said the dungeons are only inhabited by three things.

Plus, I'd rather have a linear dungeon with a specific subtle story with/without a quest rather than dungeon-randomizer 3000 Oblivion had and the tedious never ending oblivion gates as well.

SajuukKhar:
snip

That doesn't make Lorkhan Sithis. Yes he was a follower of his ideals and child but still not Sithis and it is a different situation with Jesus so that is bad comparison. that really only makes Talos equivalent to Lorkhan being a conglomeration of his incarnations.

Glademaster:

SajuukKhar:
snip

That doesn't make Lorkhan Sithis. Yes he was a follower of his ideals and child but still not Sithis and it is a different situation with Jesus so that is bad comparison. that really only makes Talos equivalent to Lorkhan being a conglomeration of his incarnations.

Right so Sithis magically losing his heart as Lorkhan did doesn't show anythign either?

ugh you dont understand the metaphysics of ES at all.

Next you are probably gonna argue that loading save game isn't something your character actually does, or that time puasing when you open up the inventory menu is a gameplay mechanic.

Also, the Sithis/Lorkhan relation is the same as Jesus and God. Everyone on the Es forums knows that. Well at least the lore people.

Thatrocketeer:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Nah, you are right.

Daedras are the only ones that don't have a dungeon in Skyrim actually. Every single one of those creatures you mentioned, Skyrim had a dungeon for, maybe you weren't looking hard enough. In addition to that, there's also the dwemer and the falmer + chaurus dungeons, so I don't really know if you were talking out of your ass when you said the dungeons are only inhabited by three things.

Plus, I'd rather have a linear dungeon with a specific subtle story with/without a quest rather than dungeon-randomizer 3000 Oblivion had and the tedious never ending oblivion gates as well.

Mmmh, you are probably right. I "only" played Skyrim for 100 hours so its likely I missed a good portion of dungeons. Chalk it down to rotten luck when entering random ones.

But I dont see why we have to choose between randomly generated dungeons and hand crafted, but completely linear ones. Why not have both?

SajuukKhar:

Glademaster:

SajuukKhar:
snip

Right so Sithis magically losing his heart as Lorkhan did doesn't show anythign either?

ugh you dont understand the metaphysics of ES at all.

Next you are probably gonna argue that loading save game isn't something your character actually does, or that time puasing when you open up the inventory menu is a gameplay mechanic.

Also, the Sithis/Lorkhan relation is the same as Jesus and God. Everyone on the Es forums knows that. Well at least the lore people.

I'm going to assume you have just hit you're head extremely hard on a marble surface and move on with my life. By the way you can't talk about stuff in an edit after you have been quoted.

Glademaster:

I'm going to assume you have just hit you're head extremely hard on a marble surface and move on with my life. By the way you can't talk about stuff in an edit after you have been quoted.

No, according to Michal Kirkbride things like loading save-games and the pause menu stopping time are things your character actually does.

http://uesp.net/wiki/Lore:36_Lessons_of_Vivec,_Sermon_23
'The immobile warrior is never fatigued. He cuts sleep holes in the middle of a battle to regain his strength.'
(opening the inventory)

http://uesp.net/wiki/Lore:36_Lessons_of_Vivec,_Sermon_11
'The ruling king is armored head to toe in brilliant flame. He is redeemed by each act he undertakes. His death is only a diagram back to the waking world. He sleeps the second way. The Sharmat is his double, and therefore you wonder if you rule nothing.
(The Nerevarine was a ruling king, as stated earlier in the sermons, and as are all player-character. Him being able to come back to life using save games is a part of CHIM.)

Also I dont know what I had edited in after you quoted me since you erased my entre post, and yes I can talk about that stuff.

SajuukKhar:

Also I dont know what I had edited in after you quoted me since you erased my entre post, and yes I can talk about that stuff.

A snip is a perfectly valid thing as it stops clogging up the forum and yes you can't talk about like it was already said.

Glademaster:

A snip is a perfectly valid thing as it stops clogging up the forum and yes you can't talk about like it was already said.

I never said a snip wasn't valid, I use them myself quite often.

However when you snip such long posts like that the respondie can only assume you have read the most updated version of it since they do not know when you started posting and thus when you snipped their post and thus what was in it.

My feelings on this can be summed up quite concisely:

YAY, DLC ANNOUNCEMENTS!
YAY, HOPEFULLY SOME FALMER BACKSTORY IN SOMETHING OTHER THAN BOOKS!
Meh, vampires!
FUCK CROSSBOWS!

Wait, unless they add fletching when they add crossbows. Then it's ok.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Mmmh, you are probably right. I "only" played Skyrim for 100 hours so its likely I missed a good portion of dungeons. Chalk it down to rotten luck when entering random ones.

But I dont see why we have to choose between randomly generated dungeons and hand crafted, but completely linear ones. Why not have both?

Because hand-crafted and randomly-generated are two contradictory things.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

I'm thinking that they made the game linear in order for the subtle stories to be able to be pieced together easily, plus the stories are almost always visual in style, so making it non-linear would be weird because you might miss an integral/interesting part of the dungeon's story.

But ITT Bethesda could make dungeons non-linear while having a subtle story at the same time, but I'm just not exactly sure how.

Thatrocketeer:
I'm thinking that they made the game linear in order for the subtle stories to be able to be pieced together easily, plus the stories are almost always visual in style, so making it non-linear would be weird because you might miss an integral/interesting part of the dungeon's story.

But ITT Bethesda could make dungeons non-linear while having a subtle story at the same time, but I'm just not exactly sure how.

I remember Beth's last attempt to make a series of non-linear dungeons....... the metro in Fallout 3.

Gods..... no.

I still have nightmares about it.

Thatrocketeer:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

They already managed to do that in Oblivion and Morrowind. Dont see the problem. I never took a wrong turn and completely missed Vivec in Morrowind.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
They already managed to do that in Oblivion and Morrowind. Dont see the problem. I never took a wrong turn and completely missed Vivec in Morrowind.

What dungeons were non-linear?

as I recall every cave, Dwemer ruin, Daedric citadel, and alyeid ruin was linear as hell.

I remember one or two that weren't but non-linear anything was rare.

Personally I'm fine with linear dungeons. I'm one of those people who's afraid he'll miss something and will search every single corner in a dungeon. So when you have multiple paths... Yeah.

Anything is better than Daggerfall though, gave up on that game while in the middle of my first dungeon. Yeah, it was sad.

SajuukKhar:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

What dungeons were non-linear?

as I recall every cave, Dwemer ruin, Daedric citadel, and alyeid ruin was linear as hell.

I remember one or two that weren't but non-linear anything was rare.

Linear compared to other RPGs? Yes. Anywhere near as linear as Skyrims? Ha.

I wont drop random dungeon names since I just thought of something really handy.

http://uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Places

Scroll down a bit and you should see a list of Aylied ruins. Pick a few random ones, scroll down to the bottom and most of them should have a map. You can compare those to the dungeons in Skyrim.

I was going to make a direct example here but unfortunately the Skyrim caves and ruins dont have maps, due to the nature of the in game one. Nonetheless, I present to you a medium sized ruin in Oblivion:

Compared to most in Skyrim, thats a labyrinth.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Scroll down a bit and you should see a list of Aylied ruins. Pick a few random ones, scroll down to the bottom and most of them should have a map. You can compare those to the dungeons in Skyrim.

I was going to make a direct example here but unfortunately the Skyrim caves and ruins dont have maps, due to the nature of the in game one. Nonetheless, I present to you a medium sized ruin in Oblivion:

[

Ruins and caves have maps.What are you talking about?

Also I just realized Vampires+Crossbows= Van Helsing

ChaplainOrion:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

[

I meant the maps/overviews arent uploaded to UESP.

Crossbows! F*** yeah. Crossbows are a rouge's best choice, now I can almost compleatly re-create my original DND character. ^_^

They should've had all the weapons from original TES series in the first place.

Now they're gonna make us pay extra 10 dollar possible dlc just to have content we should've gotten in the first place?

Fuck off.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

ChaplainOrion:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

[

I meant the maps/overviews arent uploaded to UESP.

Just look up Skyrim large dungeon maps or something google images. I had to double check after you said that to make sure I wasn't crazy and making stuff up :P

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked