Skyrim DLC: Crossbows and Snow Elves? (Rumour)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Fappy:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
So the two most annoying fucking things in the vanilla game (falmer and vampires) + crossbows.

I'll pass.

But crossbows! Crossbows are awesome! D:

"M'aiq has heard some people want a bow that does not shoot as far, and takes twice as long to reload. M'aiq thinks these people are idiots."

'nuff said.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
So the two most annoying fucking things in the vanilla game (falmer and vampires) + crossbows.

I'll pass.

You lack vision good sir!
The vampires, for example, may be getting buffed with new, cool things added to them!
Also, The Falmer could be involved as old versions, perhaps some maintained that?

PLUS FREAKIN' CROSSBOWS.
EPIC-ON-A-STICK!

This sounds cool, I guess. I was kinda expecting a bit more, though. Not sure what . . . just more.

Oh well. I enjoy the game so it'll be fun to have new stuff to do. I just got back into it after several months of other games.

Valis88:

Cheeseman Muncher:

But the Falmer were awesome. =< Annoying at times, but the whole "betrayed by the Dwemer and left to rot underground" thing made me feel quite sorry for them. Even if they were trying to slice me open. A lot.

I agree. I felt so sorry for the Falmer, after I learned what happened to them. Skyrim belongs to them.

I swear this game, really needs some 'elven revenge' DLC, I'm sick of being made to care for,and 'save' those unwashed, ignorant Nords.

I want DLC that let's me help the Thalmore win. >_>

And I want a DLC where the Khajiit trading caravans settle down near the hot springs and build a trading town, don't let any Nords in, and see how they like it. Though, I suppose they can't make us all happy.

In conclusion, I worship the 9 divines. So screw the Thalmor, and screw the Nords, every faction hates me and my people, so I return that distaste.

cool i like crossbows. may have to make a crossbow only character. not sure about the snow elves since i haven't seen what they look like

Patrick Buck:
Crossbows! F*** yeah. Crossbows are a rouge's best choice, now I can almost compleatly re-create my original DND character. ^_^

I don't know, applying rouge with a crossbow might hurt.

I keep waiting for a mordern RPG that brings in the whip as a weapon. I always wanted to play Skyrim with a whip while listening to "Whip it" and call my character Simon Belmont.

Yeah, I know... I'm weird that way. I'll have to settle with the crossbow...

Substitute Troll:
Well, game files don't lie I guess.

There are only two possible explanations as to why the files would be there.
1. Someone at bethesda screwed up.
2. They deliberately put them there to build up hype.

In any case, we will have more info next week. Crossbows? You already have my money.

Or Bethesda put them in the game patches because it allows for easier integration.

Slowly adding some placeholder files for DLC is what other companies do..... but unlike other companies Bethesda doesn't do it day 1.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
Compared to most in Skyrim, thats a labyrinth.

Your joking right?

its a completely linear series of room with several side rooms.... exactly like Skyrim.

The only difference between Alyeid and ancient Nordic ruins is that Alyeid ruins had more cavernous rooms.

Jynthor:

Valis88:

Cheeseman Muncher:

But the Falmer were awesome. =< Annoying at times, but the whole "betrayed by the Dwemer and left to rot underground" thing made me feel quite sorry for them. Even if they were trying to slice me open. A lot.

I agree. I felt so sorry for the Falmer, after I learned what happened to them. Skyrim belongs to them.

I swear this game, really needs some 'elven revenge' DLC, I'm sick of being made to care for,and 'save' those unwashed, ignorant Nords.

We know, you post that in every damn fantasy related thread you come across.
Help the Thalmor, pfft. The voices in my head make more sense than that...

Seriously, you don't need to sympathize with the omnicidal elves in order to want to purge Skyrim of most of the Nords.

I'd rather take an option that would let me join or rule the dragons. Like to see Ulfric's kingslaying face when a fleet of dragons come down to burn it all. Muhahahaha!

Metalix Knightmare:

Jynthor:

Valis88:

Seriously, you don't need to sympathize with the omnicidal elves in order to want to purge Skyrim of most of the Nords.

I'd rather take an option that would let me join or rule the dragons. Like to see Ulfric's kingslaying face when a fleet of dragons come down to burn it all. Muhahahaha!

Yeah, join the dragons and let Alduin eat the world, tell me how that worked out for you.

Jynthor:
Yeah, join the dragons and let Alduin eat the world, tell me how that worked out for you.

Alduin eating the world isn't necessarily a bad thing. He has done it countless times because it needs to happen eventually.

The Dovahkiin was only sent to stop him because Akatosh who is Lorkhan thinks this Kalpa has a higher chance of finding CHIM then the previous ones.

Should the mortals fail at finding CHIM, Akatosh/Lorkhan will just send Alduin back to murder everything and let no one stop him.

Systematic annihilation of all mortal life then recreation of the mortal realm and creation of new life till a cycle can find ultimate enlightenment.

SajuukKhar:

Jynthor:

Alduin eating the world isn't necessarily a bad thing. He has done it countless times because it needs to happen eventually.

The Dovahkiin was only sent to stop him because Akatosh who is Lorkhan thinks this Kalpa has a higher chance of finding CHIM then the previous ones.

Should the mortals fail at finding CHIM, Akatosh/Lorkhan will just send Alduin back to murder everything and let no one stop him.

Systematic annihilation of all mortal life then recreation of the mortal realm and creation of new life till a cycle can find ultimate enlightenment.

Yeah, but everyone still kind of dies. Most people would consider that to be bad.
Also, I could have sworn Akatosh/Alduin were the same god. But knowing you, I'm sure you will educate us, Lore master.

Jynthor:

Yeah, but everyone still kind of dies. Most people would consider that to be bad.
Also, I could have sworn Akatosh/Alduin were the same god. But knowing you, I'm sure you will educate us, Lore master.

Well each Kalpa is said to be exactly the same as the last with only one difference, what that difference is is unknown, so while everyone dies they eventually come back.

Also Alduin and Akatosh's relationship is similar to that Sithis/Lorkhan. Alduin is the firstborn of Akatsoh but is at the same time part of Akatosh. Akatosh is the dragon-god of time, Alduin is the part of Akatosh that deals with ending time made into its own form.

The ES universe runs on gradients, gods can recreate themselves on lower gradients crating two separate beings that are still the same being.

Zero level - Godhead
First level - Anu/Padhome
Second level- Anuiel/Sithis
Third level - Akatosh/Lorkhan
Forth level - Alduin

O RLY?

My most wanted weapon, more chaurus (I love those guys!), expansion on the Snow Elf case (which was, indeed, fascinating) and like they had mentioned previously, they were working on spears.

Everything is falling into place...

Looking forward to crossbows..that would be awesome

triggrhappy94:
I love Skyrim, but at this point it's almost like half the people who played it have moved on.
Unless they're planning on something of whole new game porportions.

Well, there were very large expansions for Morrowind and Oblivion. At some point down the line, there probably will be.

Snow Elves... I doubt it. It doesn't make any sense lore-wise, and (again, I'm judging by the past games in the series) they've never added more than the 10 races as playable ones. They seem to leave races purely to the modders. Crossbows would be good though. I'd like that a lot.

I could see a unmutated falmer as a follow but yeah... they wont add Falmer as a playable race.

I'd much rather see throwing knives over crossbows, personally; such a thing would actually take advantage of the dual-wielding aspect.

While they're at it, if they want to implement a Hand-to-Hand skill, they'd make a very happy Rai.

There'd be no point to adding more races anyway. Everyone already reacts the same to you no matter what you play, sure you get the occasional comment but that's about it.
They didn't want you to be left out on content if you picked a certain race, but honestly, I just find that stupid, I'm in favour of consequences.

On my first playthrough I decided to roleplay a Dunmer who hated Argonians, what a disaster that turned out to be. All Argonians treated me like their buddy and I didn't have any kind of special dialogue with them.

You'd kind of expect there to a hate fest going on if you met the people who pulled a near genocide right after your entire country got blown up by a moon.

Judging from the names of the files, they appear to be adding a way for vampires to drink people who are awake, a change that might get me to actually play one.

Of course, if they made this possible, it would really seal the deal:

Jynthor:
There'd be no point to adding more races anyway. Everyone already reacts the same to you no matter what you play, sure you get the occasional comment but that's about it.
They didn't want you to be left out on content if you picked a certain race, but honestly, I just find that stupid, I'm in favour of consequences.

On my first playthrough I decided to roleplay a Dunmer who hated Argonians, what a disaster that turned out to be. All Argonians treated me like their buddy and I didn't have any kind of special dialogue with them.

You'd kind of expect there to a hate fest going on if you met the people who pulled a near genocide right after your entire country got blown up by a moon.

but the argonian invasion really wasn't that........................... ohh forget it.

waj9876:

RionP:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Enter random dungeon in Oblivion. Its inhabited by one or more of the following: animals, necromancers, magicians, bandits, daedra, vampires and maybe one or two more I am missing. If there are magicians theres a good chance they will summon a variety of different species. On top of that: while the dungeons in Oblivion are identical, they still branch out into different rooms and parts.

Enter random dungeon in Skyrim. Its inhabited by one of the following: bandits, vampires, draugr. The entire dungeon is as linear as Battlefield 3's campaign and somewhere along the line theres going to be an easy snake bird whale puzzle.

Skyrim don't just have bandit, vampire and draugr dungeons. There are also animal dens (either bears or spiders IIRC), necromancer lairs, warlock lairs (frost, flame, cunjuration and storm wizards rather than necromancers), forsworn camps, dwarven cities (including falmer) and witch dens with hargravens).

Don't forget that some of the dungeons are pretty big and open. Like a certain dungeon that's right in the middle of five or six major cities that is the one of the BIGGEST FUCKING PLACES that can be found in Skyrim.

Honestly, it sounds like this person stopped playing when he/she went into their fifth draugr dungeon and there wasn't anything new to fight.

And failed to see one of the things that makes Skyrim more entertaining than I ever found Oblivion.

Consistency.

And, after playing WoW for years, I LIKE consistency. "This is a bandit lair" means that that place should just be a bandit lair. Nothing more. It should contain bandits. Varying kinds of bandits, yes. Maybe one of the dog-fighting rings you see sometimes. But, primarily, bandits. A dungeon/lair/holeinthefloor inhabited by multiple groups that get along fine is just dumb.

I guess some people find it boring because of the lack of variety. But I enjoy it more because I love immersion. And I cannot remember a game I have got as immersed in as Skyrim. Well, maybe Mount and Blade.

Although I will admit I am a boring person. Heh. When I used to DM people would either love my campaigns or hate them. I just found realism... Important. Even in a magical universe. There has to be some semblance of order or reality.

And, after WoW, I grew to fucking hate the entire "THE WORLD HAS A VENDETTA AGAINST YOU! THE WOLVES HATE YOU! THE GIANT SPIDERS HATE YOU! THE BANDITS HATE YOU! IF YOU RUN PAST THEM, THEY WILL ALL CHASE YOU!" theme. Oh, and how so many things can live together. I mean, Stranglethorn Vale. That many raptors? That many predators? That eco-system is simply not stable!

SajuukKhar:

Jynthor:

but the argonian invasion really wasn't that........................... ohh forget it.

It was a coward's act, Argonians are milk drinkers, let me tell you!
Seriously though, now you made me curious, what were you going to say?

Jynthor:

The Argonians only ever invaded the very southern part of Morrowind, the part of Morrowind that was ancestrally part of Black Marsh, and part of The Hist's domain. They did kill a lot of Dunmer, but it really wasn't some revenge war, or some attempt at genocide, it was just them taking back their land.

And even after conquering the southern part they just sat there, not doing anything, not attempting to take more of Morrowind when they easily could have.

To give you an example of how little they took over here is a map of Morrowind
http://images.uesp.net/f/ff/Racemap05S-Morrowind.jpg

According to the Dunmer, Mournhold and the areas directly south of it are still part of the dunmer lands. You can see how little of Morrowind the Argomians actually ever stepped foot in.

Also the war was nearly 200 years ago, the dunmer got over it mostly.

SajuukKhar:

Jynthor:

The Argonians only ever invaded the very southern part of Morrowind, the part of Morrowind that was ancestrally part of Black Marsh, and part of The Hist's domain. They did kill a lot of Dunmer, but it really wasn't some revenge war or some attempt at genocide, it was just them taking back their land.

And even after conquering the southern part they just sat there, not doing anything, not attempting to take more of Morrowind when they easily could have.

To give you an example of how little they took over here is a map of Morrowind
http://images.uesp.net/f/ff/Racemap05S-Morrowind.jpg

According to the Dunmer, Mournhold and the areas directly south of it are still part of the dunmer lands.

You can see how little of Morrowind the Argoanis actually ever stepped foot in.

Alright, but my point still stands, there is a severe lack of roleplaying choices. Actually the dialogue in general is pretty terrible, most of the time I'm forced to say things my character wouldn't. That is actually why I preferred Oblivion's topic system, you can select a topic, imagine what your character says, and then you get an answer to it.

Jynthor:
Alright, but my point still stands, there is a severe lack of roleplaying choices. Actually the dialogue in general is pretty terrible, most of the time I'm forced to say things my character wouldn't. That is actually why I preferred Oblivion's topic system, you can select a topic, imagine what your character says, and then you get an answer to it.

I personally never experienced a place were my character was forced to say something I didn't want to.

People ask me to pick up their stuff for them I just say no.

Cheeseman Muncher:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

I'll pass.

Immediately made me think of the Drow from Dungeons and Dragons. The Faerun ones, not the Xen'drik ones.

Jynthor:

Metalix Knightmare:

Jynthor:

Considering I took part in the Dragon Apocalypse? Pretty freaking awesomely all things considered.

Even worlds must end at some point. Might as well be due to something that would be put on a heavy metal cover.

Metalix Knightmare:

Considering I took part in the Dragon Apocalypse? Pretty freaking awesomely all things considered.

Even worlds must end at some point. Might as well be due to something that would be put on a heavy metal cover.

Now that'd be a awesome. An Elder Scrolls themed Heavy metal album. Get on it, Bethesda!

while the......... making of a heavy metal Elder scrolls album cover is unlikely............. Michael Kirkbride and Lady Nerevar are making a comic soon.

you can read part of the script already.
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1369966-i-dont-pretend-to-know-what-love-is-for-everyone/

the first and 37th posts are the ones with the first 5 pages of the 16 page comic.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:

Fr]anc[is:

Just be grateful its not more Drauger and snake/bird/whale puzzles

My main problem with the game right here. Maybe I'm just not doing it right, but it seems like 60% of the quests boil down to "raid random zombie-filled dungeon". I don't know, it seems to me like Oblivion had a bit more variety, though that could just be my nostalgia-glasses.

Nah, you are right.

Enter random dungeon in Oblivion. Its inhabited by one or more of the following: animals, necromancers, magicians, bandits, daedra, vampires and maybe one or two more I am missing. If there are magicians theres a good chance they will summon a variety of different species. On top of that: while the dungeons in Oblivion are identical, they still branch out into different rooms and parts.

Enter random dungeon in Skyrim. Its inhabited by one of the following: bandits, vampires, draugr. The entire dungeon is as linear as Battlefield 3's campaign and somewhere along the line theres going to be an easy snake bird whale puzzle.

Some of the Dwemer ruins where much better than dungeons in Oblivion, but most where the annoying Draugr ones.

All I really want from DLC is fucking POLEARMS!

Jynthor:

Patrick Buck:
Crossbows! F*** yeah. Crossbows are a rouge's best choice, now I can almost compleatly re-create my original DND character. ^_^

I don't know, applying rouge with a crossbow might hurt.

Damn. Prehaps a rogue would fare better with it then?
Either way. CROSSBOWS.

As glad as I am that they are adding new weapon types I never understood peoples hardons for crossbows, spears, and halberds.

they were like the three shittiest weapon types in Morrowind.

that is why they were removed... because they sucked, and almost no one used them.

I'm still waiting for the day they re-introduce the Bloody Mess perk from Fallout; combine it with the new killcams and you could suplex people till their heads explode RE4 style

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked