If Call Of Duty died, how would you react?
RIOTS IN THE STREETS!!!!!
0.4% (3)
0.4% (3)
NOOOOO!
0.7% (6)
0.7% (6)
that really sucks :(
2% (16)
2% (16)
well darn :/
6.4% (52)
6.4% (52)
oh well
15.9% (129)
15.9% (129)
dont care
29.7% (241)
29.7% (241)
bout time
19.7% (160)
19.7% (160)
GOOD RIDANCE!
24.5% (199)
24.5% (199)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: How would you react to the Call Of Duty fanchise being cancelled suddenly?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Hazy992:
Probably wouldn't care and go back to playing COD4 :3

A lot of people on here would be glad it's gone

I've never played CoD4...and while I do plan on fixing that eventually I'd probably wait until the price dips again. Other than that not a big loss and good riddance and blah-blah.

While occasionally offering what, in my opinion, has easily been the best and most defining multiplayer online experiences in an FPS of the past decade, the series on a whole has been bled to death and I've lost all interest in it. My only thought would be of those employed to create and maintain the games--if they would still have a job to pay the bills with.

"What a shame" +1

Other shooters would still try to copy it and the FPS genre would still be stagnated for years.

tony2077:
fps shooters

Redundant much?

Mick Golden Blood:
*shrugs*

Edit your post. You'll get a warning for that.

ElPatron:
"What a shame" +1

Other shooters would still try to copy it and the FPS genre would still be stagnated for years.

tony2077:
fps shooters

Redundant much?

lol guess so thanks for pointing that out

I'd be glad that there'd be no more mediocre sequels to tarnish Call of Duty 4's legacy, but besides that I wouldn't really care, because other than CoD4, the rest of the franchise is just that; mediocre. Not good, but not terrible; just boring. Nothing worth getting worked up over either way.

I'm surprised by the number of people who want COD to die but how many people really hate COD, I mean REALLY hate it? I know its sort of "cool" to dislike COD, now with BF and etc. And those of you who truly hate it I want a legitimately good reason...

I actually quite like it... (and now everyone thinks I'm some kind of moron for the statement)

Please excuse any errors in my English.

I wouldn't mind that much.I never play multiplayer, and while I liked the stories in MW1, World At War and Black Ops, the main MW over-arching plot was fucking ridiculous. But before they give it the axe, I would love to see a new CoD take place like...forty of fifty years in the future. If done right, and if they hire a real writer to write the game story, and make it longer than four hours, it could be incredibly awesome.

But I doubt they'll do that, so...whatever.

SckizoBoy:

Though, of course, there'd be riots in the streets in all likelihood, with the number of weeaboos who need their fix of run-around-shooting with whatever gun's handy, if only to affirm their self-perceived superiority over other mid-teen dicks with newfound vocabulary and mic.

Weeaboo:

1. Any self-proclaiming anime fan who alienates themselve from their own society and assimilate into the Japanese culture from which they know little-to-none about; using their so-called anime knowledge as a guide, which destined them to ultimate failure in assimilation. 2. A special breed of anime fans who put Japan on a pedastol and prefer them over any other countries in terms of multimedia, courtship, etc... (E.g. prefer Japanese/Asian sprouses, prefer J-music > Amer. music, wanna live and die Japan, etc...) As far as anime goes, they know only little. For example, the average weeaboo knows only americanized anime; preferly uncut with jap. audio and eng. subs ( E.g. Naruto, DBZ, Bleach, Haruhi Suziyama, Lucky Star, etc...) and memorized every japanese song from their favorite shows.

Sorry just had to pick you up on that...

OT: Wouldn't celebrate, it's good fun especially for messing about with split-screen multiplayer, but it's not the end of the world by any stretch of the imagination.

Honestly? I'm going to go with the 'meh' crowd. In my opinion, modern warfare 1, 2, and 3 have practically all been carbon copies of each other with slightly different guns, perks, and maps. When you make three games in a series whose graphics show little improvement, with practically no change to gameplay whatsoever, one has to wonder what exactly the series is moving toward. I realize that at this point, its basically just there to grab the money from the crowd of fans that spend a good amount of time each day sweating it out in the multiplayer, but I think a game should have more driving it than a desire for money.

I'd be pretty happy. It would mean other games might actually sell during the November/December period.

I'd miss it, then I'd start kicking people who think themselves too sophisticated for some brainless fun off their high horse.

Not liking it and not wanting to play it is one thing; stigmatizing people who do play and enjoy it with scathing and patronizing remarks is quite another.

Maybe CoD fanboys will finally realize there's more games worth playing.

Das Boot:
I would wonder what the fuck happened to the executives at activision. Nobody short of a mentally retarded five year old would be dumb enough to cancel a game as popular as Call of Duty, and even that is debatable.

Eh, economically, yeah it would pretty stupid, but from an ethical standpoint, you'd be a flippin' hero for making the world a better place to live in.

I wouldn't care one way or the other. I have no relationship to Call of Duty at all. I have played a little Modern Warfare 2 (2 hours or so) and a little Modern Warfare 3 (14 minutes). They were OK, but honestly, I didn't feel like I am missing anything from not playing them. I don't feel I am being tortured by it either. They're good games if you like online multiplayer fps games, but I'm not too big on them. It wouldn't change my world at all. So utterly indifferent.

I am just nothing CoD right now so I wouldn't care.

Say something like "....Huh"

And then play some more Battlefield 3.

I would continue to get on with my life and not give any shits at all. Or continue playing Battlefield 3.

Grey Day for Elcia:

Mick Golden Blood:
*shrugs*

Edit your post. You'll get a warning for that.

But that is literally my take on it.

I would just shrug and move on. Don't care. Considering how simple to understand that I figured it was self-explanatory enough.

I'd just wonder what franchise will take its place.

I've pretty much just accepted at this point that there is a huge portion of the gamer demographic that, if handed a good game, would probably just stare dumbly at it for a few seconds before possibly trying to eat it and returning to their Call of Battlehalo 8

None of the above. Modern Military Shooters are already on the decline. The problem was never that they were shit - though they were - but that they were way too common, like revisionist shooters before them. FPSs will always be a dime a dozen, what I'm hoping for is studios adding additional layers to the action-point-and-click genre. Tribes Ascend is out now, Natural Selection 2 still lumbers forward, UT-esque Nequiz will satiate oldschool lowgrav combat while providing good eyecandy, I'm sure to be missing some interesting titles. A lot of developers are taking base shooting mechanics and using them in gametypes where depth exists, we'll see which ones float and which ones don't belong in the toilet.

phereck:
The most poular game ever at the moment.......if it died, how would you react?

No offense, but why did you have to post this here? Honestly, the Escapist is like numero uno on Hating CoD.

Like this:

That was a Video of a parade but I can;t get it to work.

If the franchise disappeared, the people who made the games wouldn't suddenly stop making games, and they would pour whatever ideas they would have used for the next CoD into a new IP. A franchise is just a shell for a game. If you are an investor the franchise matters, but as gamers we should caring about the game, not the title.

somonels:
None of the above. Modern Military Shooters are already on the decline. The problem was never that they were shit - though they were

I think almost every reviewer in the industry would like to say something about that.

Unless you want to rationalize it by saying they're biased/paid off/just stupid. That's cool too.

Well, I probabbly wouldn't care very much. Yeah CoD 4 was good, but they definitley went downhill from there on in. All attempts to cash in on that success still work, bizarly. No, not a very big deal. I guess some other generic brown FPS will pop up not too long after.

phereck:

"The most popular game ever at the moment..."?

Uh...what? Isn't that a bit contradictory?

Though, it makes for quite the poignant statement on the average mentality of the series fans. It's always "the best game ever"; until the next one comes out a few months later.

Frankly, I don't care about the franchise. But honestly? I'll be glad when it's dead and gone.

Wouldn't care (actually, I'd be a little glad). I don't play CoD unless I'm at my friend's house and there's 5 other CoD games (maybe more) we could play online.

phereck:

Hmmm... wouldnt really care.

*Edit*

Actually, I felt it died with with the release of MW3.

Phlakes:

somonels:
None of the above. Modern Military Shooters are already on the decline. The problem was never that they were shit - though they were

I think almost every reviewer in the industry would like to say something about that.

Unless you want to rationalize it by saying they're biased/paid off/just stupid. That's cool too.

I don't really base my opinions on any solid evidence, nor do I follow things I don't care about. What I AM seeing is a lot of smaller / midsize developers giving up on copying the WW2/MMS shooters and actually making progress with the genre.
As for me calling them shit... it's a personal preference, I find the genre to be based on unappealing mechanics and, well, if there is a 'Music'critic, go check Justin Bieber, popularity is... just that.

I don't play games from that franchise, so I would probably be indifferent. However, I have a lot of friends who love Call of Duty and have been with the franchise for years, and I understand that it's beloved by many in the industry so I guess I would feel some dismay for losing an overall loved video game series.

I would be angry.

Not because I like the games. I find them meh.

But because there would probably be more outrage at the demise of the franchise than there is at the demise of African children. And it would make me sad.

All forums would be out of commission for at least a month, maybe more.

Hell, we had weeks of rage (Before and after release) because people were slightly unhappy with DLC and the end of Mass Effect 3. Imagine the rage if CoD suddenly died.

I would do that thing where people throw their hats in the air.

Phlakes:

somonels:

Just stupid, definitely.

(And the real answer was that he was injecting his opinion, obviously. Trying to back that up with 'but look at what reviewers said' is fairly meaningless.)

somonels:

Phlakes:

somonels:

I don't really base my opinions on any solid evidence, nor do I follow things I don't care about. What I AM seeing is a lot of smaller / midsize developers giving up on copying the WW2/MMS shooters and actually making progress with the genre.
As for me calling them shit... it's a personal preference, I find the genre to be based on unappealing mechanics and, well, if there is a 'Music'critic, go check Justin Bieber, popularity is... just that.

There's a difference between "X is shit" and "I don't like X". Modern military shooters obviously (a/we)ren't shit if they (a/we)re universally praised.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked