If Call Of Duty died, how would you react?
RIOTS IN THE STREETS!!!!!
0.4% (3)
0.4% (3)
NOOOOO!
0.7% (6)
0.7% (6)
that really sucks :(
2% (16)
2% (16)
well darn :/
6.4% (52)
6.4% (52)
oh well
15.9% (129)
15.9% (129)
dont care
29.7% (241)
29.7% (241)
bout time
19.7% (160)
19.7% (160)
GOOD RIDANCE!
24.5% (199)
24.5% (199)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: How would you react to the Call Of Duty fanchise being cancelled suddenly?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

I think Call of Duty has become one of those franchises that has outstayed it's welcome...

I mean, think of what happened with the Guitar Hero craze....
Everyone wanted a piece of it to begin with, but now that there have been SOOO MANY iterations of what is essentially the SAME THING... People just got tired of it...

I mean, sure, the games are fun to play every now-and-then... But at the moment, I don't think I could take another "insane" COD midnight release here...

OT: If you couldn't tell, I'd be slightly happy, but at the same time, worried that something worse would become "most played game EVARRR"

Hazy992:
Probably wouldn't care and go back to playing COD4 :3

A lot of people on here would be glad it's gone

*reads OP, looks at your avatar* "yeah pretty much that

'oh look its raining outside' -shrugs-

I'll be shocked and disappointed. While recent Call of Duty games are getting a bit stale and rushed with a release every year (mind you with different developers, I think the Call of Duty games have about two year development time), I still think that the franchise has potential. If Activsion stopped rushing the developers to create a game for a yearly release cycle, then there will be much more room for innovation to spark life into the series.

Thats what Call of Duty needs, more innovation and to get that, more time between releases. Activsion should adopt Bethesda method for release Elder Scroll games, with loads of time in between. Killing Call of Duty is not the answer!

I might become a bit sad if only for all the new fps's that would be spewed out to take it's place.

Wouldn't bother me. Not a fan, but I was not a fan of Guitar Hero either. The gaming community got over that, they'll get over this as well.

Pretty sad. I've yet to encounter a bad singleplayer campaign in CoD, except maybe RAMIREZ.

I don't know if anybody has given this response or not yet, and I don't care to look through 5 pages of posts to find out, but I'd probably just scoff, roll my eyes, and say something along the lines of: "Sure you will... Now when's next year's installment coming out?"

Minimal effort from Activision's part and absurd levels of profits? Yeah, they're not going to get rid of that just on impulse.

I'd be kind of sad honestly. I mean, the demos of COD 2 and MW2 I tried were pretty fun. Sure, they've gotten samey. Can you not say the same of whatever genre Heroes of newerth and league of legends are in? Seriously, there are like a million diablo imitators out there. And have you seen the MMO scene lately? Everyone there is trying to be world of warcraft. The only reason COD is just more talked about is because it's the most frequently released and marketed series. Also because it's not "Artistic", whatever the hell that word means today.

It means that people would stop talking about it as if they were releasing new games.

I'd be kind of sad honestly. I mean, the demos of COD 2 and MW2 I tried were pretty fun. Sure, they've gotten samey. Can you not say the same of whatever genre Heroes of newerth and league of legends are in? Seriously, there are like a million diablo imitators out there. And have you seen the MMO scene lately? Everyone there is trying to be world of warcraft. The only reason COD is just more talked about is because it's the most frequently released and marketed series. Also because it's not "Artistic", whatever the hell that word means today.

The difference is that League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth actually have different gameplay (can't say the same for HoN and DotA though, HoN is a polished version of DotA, DotA 2 is a polished version of HoN)but even then you can't blame them for polishing them up, considering the time span between the games.

The Diablo imitators are all people trying to get a bit of Blizzard's wallet

The MMO scene is slowly drifting away from being World of Warcraft with games like Tera and Guild Wars 2 emerging.

The Call of Duty franchise is Activision milking the 10-20 year old boys who are stupid enough to buy the same game 8 times.

I really couldn't care less... or at all. I never actually bought a Call of Duty game and only tried a demo of 1, 2, and World at War and meekly shrugged. I don't see much there asides from an interesting history lesson.

Unsilenced:

ManThatYouFear:
That would be fucking awesome.

>>Halo avatar
>>Hates CoD

Oh you. :3c

Yes because Halo is a game that changes its style of play with each outing, has always brought something new to the table
a franchise with a single player and story/lore worth taking note of..

CoD is.. well.. its the xfactor of gaming.

crap, that means all the kids from cod will migrate to battlefield 3 and try to quick scope
oh well, easy kills for me

I'd wonder what'd replace it.

That's how I'd feel!

(I don't have anything against the players, it's just the games, there lazy, same level with a new layer of paint games!)

I enjoy the Call of Duty games. Great remedy for an "I want to be Jason Bourne for a few hours" mood. If they stopped being made... I 'unno. Not the end of the world, really.

Probably a good old 'oh well'. I've played a few of the games, thought they were entertaining for a while but was ultimately glad I wasn't the one who spent money on them.

I wouldn't be all that excited, but i'd hope shooters as a whole would finally take a step forward which would be unlikely.

As for what would happen in the industry?
After all the tween suicides a new series would probably rise to take it's place, possibly with less color.

Oh well and a shrug, wonder why exactly they did it/intrigue but doubt we would ever fund out

I would jump for joy and that it would allow much more deserving developers to get the sales they need to survive for once and hopefully see an increased amount of awesome games.

I would have an expression showing mild confusion on my face for precisely 7 seconds before going back to Halo or MW2.

It wouldn't really bother me deeply as there is hardly a lack of FPS games at this moment in time. Should they go away for a few years and let the FPS wave recede from this high water mark it seems to be at and then returned, I think that might increase interest in the series overall. It isn't that the series is particularly bad, per se, it's just "more of the same" right now and has been "more of the same" within its own framework as well.

I'd maybe put on some hot coco, get a light snack, put on a bathrobe, relax in my soft recliner, sip the coco, put my feet up, sit back, open up my labtop, and take great pleasure spending an evening reading the hatred and full-on war that would explode upon the internet about the entire thing.

Ohhhh I can only imagine...

I'd be fine.
I do not really play call of duty since i am a pretty strictly single player type of guy. Cod has a high basis on multiplayer, or atleast it seems so with the ten minute storyline.
However, this being said. i do not hate the game nor series. Thats obnoixous. Just because i do not like it. Just because it's repetitive in engine with a new side of paint. I don't hate it. It has a working and fun formula which has attracted many people. I don't hate things because people i hate like them, again obnoixous. So, if it was cancelled. I would be mostly unaffected. However, i wouldn't have a party over it's corpse or anything. Simply, move on like a mature human being.

I really did love CoD 1, 2 and 4, I even gave MW3 a chance when I heard dedicated servers were back. But the series has been dead to me for a the last 3 years.

Been playing the series since day 1 of the first game. I'd continue playing the older titles, and nothing would really change.

The cool kids would have to find something new to illogically hate, though.

I'd be laughing as my brother goes clinically insane seeing as how he no longer has a distraction from his obnoxious kids. :P

Seriously..."You mean to tell me they've stopped making the same shooter they've been making for 5 years now? But...but...but.....I NEED NEW KILLSTREAKS! :( "

I'd wonder who put the gun to the Activision executives' head and threatened the lives of their families and whether or not the person is going to jail.

Because that is the only way COD is getting cancelled.

"Oh well"

Started BF3, and I never looked back. But I am looking up a lot for helicopters.

Oh well. Always was more of a Halo guy, anyway.

i would give strangers freebies all day and night long

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked