the most memorable skyrim character(s)

most character(or all depending on your option) in skyrim are boring and forgettable
let's be honest; memorable skyrim character is an oxymorn for the most part(imo).
but which ones are memorable or are all the characters forgettable to you?

i would like to say sheogorath but i can't. i remember him because of oblivion's shivering isles not skyrim. in the long run i will forget he was ever in skyrim but always remember him for his role in the shivering isles

Cicero is certainly memorable. mainly because he is crazy but not much beyond that.
i remember his name(for now) and that counts for something

Paarthurnax is a cool character(who i would never kill)that i remember.
he his the only character i can see having chance of remembering in the longest

a few of the dark brother hood members had some fun lines like

but i can't remember there names off the top of my head. in other words they are not memorable but to there credit, they are kinda just kinda cool and the most interesting of the 6 Factions.

the thieves guild: i kinda remember the main three character(the thief with no honor that you kill, the guy with the name starting with a b and whats her name who was framed. basically no memorable characters

the College of Winterhold had J'zargo who is a kinda cool character and a fun. yeah that is all i got the rest are not memorable to me

The Companions has no memorable characters as well

i remember The Blades are asshole who asked me to kill Paarthurnax but not the characters

Bards College has the least memorable characters of them all the Factions. i dare 1 person who has not recently played skyrim to name one Bards College member off the top of there head.
trust me you can't

so yeah i only remember Paarthurnax, Cicero, J'zargo. if they all character died in skyrim the only one i would give the slightest shit about is Paarthurnax.

I liked the Argonian and The Redguard from The Dark Brotherhood.

I also liked the other two Nightingales.

Oh, and Paarthurnax. He was a bro.

There are none. Sure there are some characters I like, but that didn't make them memorable for me.

There isn't even a successor to the annoying Bosmer!

And of course...
Everyone remembers those guys.

Uh... that one lady who lives in the mountains and teaches you archery.

Her name was A... yeah... A-something.

Jynthor:
There are none. Sure there are some characters I like, but that didn't make them memorable for me.

Darn, got sniped. I was going to say almost the exact same thing. It's one thing the Fallout series will always have over the Elder Scrolls series.

OT: If I HAD to pick a memorable character in Skyrim, I'd have to sincerely say that not a single character comes to mind as being memorable or interesting. And I'm legitimately trying.

Definitely Vorstag. Hell yeah, Vorstag. He was absolutely awesome. Ran into him in Markarth by coincidence and noticed how he seemed so different from everyone else there; so calm, friendly and not so caught up in blood and silver like everyone else in the city. When I noticed I could hire him as a follower I figured, why not. An extra sword is always handy in a fight.

We left the city on foot, travelled out into the Reach, and for the following days he was my shield brother. He was always skeptical and uneasy whenever I cast a spell, but he still went along with it as we just relentlessly mowed down encampments, caves, ruins and even dragons. And all the while he just kept up that calm, balanced, understanding and warm-hearted tone.

Brothers in battle for real. Best travel partner in all my Skyrim adventures.

I like Brynjolf from the Thieves' Guild (voiced by the guy who voices the Medic in TF2, wouldn't you know), and Balimund the blacksmith in Riften. Also the Redguard from the Dark Brotherhood. Oh yeah, and Paarthurnax as others have said. He was cool beans.

The one person who I always never skip conversation dialogue with:

Thats about it really.

None, I can't even remember half their names. They weren't memorable and they only had a few lines of diolouge. Jeez Bethesda, if you want to make your world immersive then add some decent fucking characters!!!

Huh... wait a minute... Skyrim has characters? I don't remember any, they're all pretty forgettable. Then, I have a bad memory so that might be half of it.

Belethor, of course. "Do come back"... oh I most definitely will, my friend.

Actually, Paathurnax was one of the most memorable if not important characters in the game. Seriously did anyone else:

Um... that one dude who's a Companion, who you first see turn into a werewolf? I forget his name...

If Skyrim had memmorable characters, I would've played it longer than ten hours...

Goofguy:

Actually, Paathurnax was one of the most memorable if not important characters in the game. Seriously did anyone else:

Middle finger? I shouted her off of the edge of the mountain. It was very very satisfying I must say. Paathurnax is definitely a character worth remembering but apart from him there isn't really anybody. I suppose Ulfric is but not in a good way. I think Yahtzee summed up how I felt when I met him again in Windhelm.

I haven't met a great many of them, since I haven't done the faction quests (Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild don't appeal to me, I haven't yet played a Mage character and the Companions is utter shit - I don't want to play a fucking werewolf). But from what I have seen, Jarl Ulfric is extremely memorable. He is just a really appealing character to me and I find him pretty believable as well.

EDIT: Also, that Old Orc that you can find randomly. The one who wishes you to kill him in single combat. I found him really memorable.

That trio of naked people who give me brewski.

Mmm... Absolutely none?

Alduin. Cos he was the only character I was forced to sit and listen to. Yeesh, some dragons just don't shut up.

Also I met this headless horseman ghost randomly in the middle of the night. You can bet your ass I remember him.

There were memorable characters in Skyrim? I kind of remember a red, or grey, or maybe white dragon I spoke to.

The headless horsemen is the only one I really remember that wasn't important to the plot. I preferred Oblivion.

Cosnach. We fought most of the Stormcloak rebellion together, he was a true shield brother. Right upto the moment where he was fallen against a Dragon Priest ontop of a mountain. I was extremely sad, we had fought so many battles together.

I dragged his body into the coffin of the dragon priest and left a greatsword on his corpse and continued on to fight the rebellion without his help.

Terminate421:
The one person who I always never skip conversation dialogue with:

Thats about it really.

God I love Paarthurnax. He's just so surprisingly philosophical. I just think he's awesome.

Lilani:
I like Brynjolf from the Thieves' Guild (voiced by the guy who voices the Medic in TF2, wouldn't you know), and Balimund the blacksmith in Riften. Also the Redguard from the Dark Brotherhood. Oh yeah, and Paarthurnax as others have said. He was cool beans.

That was the MEDIC? It all makes sense now. I liked most of the Thieves Guild Members, but Karliah was a bit too raspy and mopey for me.

BathorysGraveland:

EDIT: Also, that Old Orc that you can find randomly. The one who wishes you to kill him in single combat. I found him really memorable.

I'm not trying to refute your point at all. I just found it humorous that your example of a memorable character you referred to as "that old orc you randomly find".

I remember many characters, but no names(If that makes any sense). Like I can remember the grizzled but pious old man who makes the trek up the 1000 flight of stairs to the Greybeards. I can remember his mentioning of his back problem and the humerous dialogue between him and the woodelf in the town. But no name comes to mind.

I'm not sure if the characters themselves aren't memorable or If I just have trouble with fantasy setting names. Could honestly be either one.

I really enjoyed talking to all the members of the Thieves Guild. They each had their own backstory - small ones, yes, but it was still something - and I genuinely cared for them. I wish they could be followers, though, and that followers actually had more dialogue than the same repeated lines.

Karliah is definitely my favourite character.

I think why TES fails to have particularly good NPCs is because of the emphasis on the 'lone legendary hero' motif. Your character is always supposed to be the best of the best, and Nirn's only hope for that time period, etc etc. Changing from this formula could be quite interesting - perhaps we could play as a character we create as part of a bandit group, or something similar? I guess the Thieves Guild was great because there was a sense of individualism and camaraderie that I like so much. But then, changing from the usual wouldn't make it TES - as Maiq rightly puts it, sometimes I'd rather travel alone and keep all the glory and treasure to myself.

Jitters Caffeine:

BathorysGraveland:

I'm not trying to refute your point at all. I just found it humorous that your example of a memorable character you referred to as "that old orc you randomly find".

Actually, the guy's name is literally "Old Orc" :D.

OT: Paarthunax, i just expected the leader of the graybeards to be some old dude in a robe, so when a motherfucking dragon flies down, i draw my weapons and then have to have a long-ass conversation with a steel mace at the ready.

M'aiq, i've only ever seen him once in Skyrim but that one meeting was awesome.

Jynthor:

There isn't even a successor to the annoying Bosmer!

And of course...
Everyone remembers those guys.

I had forgotten how damnably UGLY Oblivion was....

"I work for Belethor at the general goods store"

Also The Gourmet was pretty damn cool, I even made an orc character called the gourmet, just so I could go around butchering people with a massive battleaxe I named "Tonight's Special". Not to mention being able to say "Looks like the butcher... has been butchered!" as I behead the butcher serial killer.

Paarthunax is insanely awesome.

Goofguy:

There's a mod to change the quest, or you can kill them. I did both on separate runs.

Jitters Caffeine:

BathorysGraveland:

Well, to be fair, he isn't given a name in the game beyond "Old Orc".

Jitters Caffeine:

Eh, what is memorable for me is forgettable for another. I just remember him so well because he is a character that garnered admiration and respect from me. Emotions rarely given to video game characters.

Paarthurnax, M'aiq the Liar, Sheogorath and Sanguine come to mind.
Although I'm not sure the last three count seeing as they were also in Oblivion.

Paarthurnax, M'aiq the Liar, Sheogorath, Sanguine, Lydia, Barbas that's about it

M'aiq the liar. He brightens my day every time I see him.

"Maiq was once soul trapped. It was not very pleasant. Maybe you should think about that."

Delphine

Farkas.

It's funny when you compare that to Fallout: New Vegas where all the follower characters had their own back-story you could investigate to change their ending. I got more emotionally attached to a floating robot-eye which can only bleep than Aela, Vilkas, Erik, Ghorbash et al.

OT : Paarthurnax probably for me. I like how nobody else would kill him just to appease the blades.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked