Ridiculously unfair stuff in multiplayer

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

krazykidd:
No one said this yet? Yay i'll be the first .

WESKER!
WESKER!
WESKER!

Really anyone that uses Wesker in UMVC3 doesn't care for a fair fight . Best tip i have recieved for dealing with wesker is , don't get hit ... EVER .

he's also cheap in multiplayer in his OWN games. all of wesker's outfits in resident evil 5:mercenairies mode have a secret move that nobody else has but wesker. and on top of that his s.t.a.r.s. outfit gives you a hydra and a cannon as starter weapons, one of which i'm pretty sure has infinite ammo. this basically gives the multiplayer to point farmers on a silver platter.

Risingblade:

putowtin:
EA's servers

Seriously every time I've play the ME multiplayer recently I get kicked off the server in the last 30 of the match

AAAHHHHHHHHH!

It's worst when it happends in the last 15 seconds of wave 11 on gold, almost makes me want to scream

Disconnects don't bother me so much because they can't really be helped, it's when some retard leaves the extraction zone in the last 3 seconds of the match.

Also ME3, I hate when you get level 1 soldiers and the like trying to join in matches on gold. I swear I spend more time trying to find a good team than I do playing.

Aircross:
Say it all with me now!

RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR

TF2, 95% ubercharge, A WILD CROCKET APPEARS!

Seriously, I don't know what Valve was thinking with random crits. It really takes a lot of skill out of the game and I feel cheap whenever I get a kill with one.

The Wykydtron:
So just a little topic, ever had any insanely unfair games/sessions/team compositions etc etc over the course of your gaming career?

For me it's got to be the Invasion system in Dark Souls 60% of the time. Basically you use an item and you enter a random person's game world and try to murder the fuck out of him for lolz. You only invade upwards level-wise though so you're always supposed to be roundabout the same level as the guy you're invading

People start to abuse the leveling system by not leveling at all and getting end-game equipment (through glitches, getting gifted it or just beating the bosses) to absolutely destroy the newer players they just get matched with. Basically after just about failing a legit Invasion of mine (at level 6 with base eqiupment, naturally) I was then set upon by this guy with the most obcene set of end-game equipment i have ever seen.

Waved at him then quit to dashboard. Not losing my Humanity over such bullshit, and to be honest killing some random noob and taking their probably only Humanity, gains you fuck all and you've just ruined some guy's day...

Another problem comes in from people summoning other people to help fight you off, that on its own is fine, the host has to do whatever it takes to live because you're just waltzing into his game session and trying to ruin potentially hours of progress. But when are actually people summoning guys in advance to wait for your supposedly "random" invade and then ambushing you it starts to seem a bit broken.

Oh, and the Red Soapstone is a joke, never use it. It's meant to be a fair fight where you put your summons down, the guy takes you up on the challenge and you fight to the death. Instead he summons a fuckton of guys, summons you and they all just spawn kill you.

^^^
Definitely agreed. Furthermore Dark Souls PvP really irritated me for a while because of the Dark Wood Grain Ring. I could not for the life of me figure out how everyone except for me was able to do acrobatic flips while all my guy could muster was a lame roll. I eventually caved into using teh internets to research this source of frustration and learned about the PvP necessity that is the DWGR. I've also since discovered that the Zweihander is ridiculously powerful compared to most of the other weapons for PvP. It has a huge horizontal hitbox, deals a ton of damage, and staggers pretty much anyone not wearing full Havel's.

Kalezian:

so, for sake of the thread, KoA: Reckoning, playing a walking tank with greatswords/hammers.

Most of the later enemies can either stagger lock you [hit you so you stagger allowing for the other five enemies to do the exact same], or teleport when you get within 10 meters and immediately throw every spell they have at you.

In the same style as this post...

Goddamn blood mages in Dragon Age: Origins. I may just not understand the intricacies of the mage class in that game, but it seems like enemy blood mages are about 50-100% more effective than any mage on my team, all while doing less collateral damage to their allies than I would to mine. I hate fighting blood mages so much. They always seem to manage to root three of the four people in my party, them blow them all up with a Fireball that also knocks them over, finishing with a super-powered Chain Lightning that chains to the entire party because, as previously stated, they were all knocked down by the fireball so they couldn't move away or anything, all while two or three of their buddies and/or a boss monster is wailing on my team too. Oh, and the Fireball puts on a flame damage-over-time effect too.

Chairman Miaow:

Risingblade:

putowtin:
EA's servers

Seriously every time I've play the ME multiplayer recently I get kicked off the server in the last 30 of the match

AAAHHHHHHHHH!

It's worst when it happends in the last 15 seconds of wave 11 on gold, almost makes me want to scream

Disconnects don't bother me so much because they can't really be helped, it's when some retard leaves the extraction zone in the last 3 seconds of the match.

Also ME3, I hate when you get level 1 soldiers and the like trying to join in matches on gold. I swear I spend more time trying to find a good team than I do playing.

Thankfully once you hit 20, the extra exp doesn't matter

The KV in World of Tanks. When you see one, you know that you are royally screwed. It has the speed of a Soviet tank, the armor of a German tank, and the raw power of a French tank. It can one shot almost any tank below it, and several tanks above it, and the way matchmaking is set up, you'll see one in most games between tier 3 and 7 (it being tier 5). Glad to finally be away from it? That's okay, meet the tier 7 KV-3, an upgrade!

Risingblade:

Chairman Miaow:

Risingblade:

I know, but it still annoys the hell out of me :( I like to see a nice little full extraction.

Chairman Miaow:

Risingblade:

Chairman Miaow:

I know, but it still annoys the hell out of me :( I like to see a nice little full extraction.

That or being sole survivor are always nice

ElPatron:
Perhaps submachineguns in general.

Fast rate of fire and unrealistic spread make them more useful than shotguns a lot of times and have such high power that they make both shotguns and assault rifles redundant.

And let's not mention that games like CoD have like 5 square meters of area and the inaccuracy of SMGs doesn't make a difference.

A lot of spawns. The MW spawn system has been broken for the past 3 games with no fix, in BF2 it is plagued by spawnkilling. But at least you can chose where you spawn.

Funny you mention that about SMGs. Since, you know, I've been playing APB for like, a shitload of time this weekend, coming to the conclusion that it's just stupid. Stupid, because an SMG will beat a shotgun at 1-5 meters. And I'm talking when aimed exactly at each other. And the shotgun is auto-fire. Heck, it's even worse when the targets are moving around, within that 5 meter distance, then the SMG is even more superior to the shotgun. We're talking like, 5-10 bullets from an SMG to kill. Whereas the shotgun can get 3 direct hits without killing. /rant

Windknight:
Well, whole team spawn camping in grifball, and the ledge on swordbase in infection.

Spawn camping in Grifball is always bad when no one can get rid of the bastards and infection is just a bullshit gametype in my opinion. I got auto-zombied in about half of the matches of infection I played because some asshole quit, which is complete bullshit because I only ever manage to get like one or two kills when I'm a zombie.

MetallicaRulez0:
Explosives in just about any shooter ever made. Particularly Call of Duty, where rockets kill you if they impact within 30 feet of you. Noob Tubers can go die in a fire as far as I'm concerned.

I hate grenades in most games that have them because I almost always seem to be killed by them even if I'm at the very edge of their effective range and at full health, and most of the time when I use them the other guys seem to get off with only a scratch even though I had just shot at them and they were standing right on top of the damn thing.

I hate it when you've got one or more guys camping in an area and it seems like you're the only one who knows that they're there and are the only one trying to get them out. Or when you try to knife some one who's right next to you and you can't seem to hit them but they can hit you. Best of all is when everyone and their grandma can kill you with every weapon in no more than half a clip when, in the same situation with the same gun, it takes you more than a clip to kill them.

Of course nothing is worse then when the bastard(s) doing any of the things listed in this thread have the nerve to rub their deuchbagery in your face after a match.

Jinxzy:
Lets see there's:
WoW PvP - if your leveling in wow on a pvp server, good luck.

Highly subjective, that. Don't want to come off flame-y, but I think that after levelling a bunch of alts to 80 I can state I personally enjoyed the constant sense of danger whenever I met a horde character.

... I still parked my rogue with the express purpose of getting revenge on any lvl ?? ganking my alt whenever I was in STV, but that's another story.

On Topic: personally I always disliked the gigantic difficulty curve involved in CS:S. In order to start enjoying the game one has to resign himself to being a punch bag for the first two months.

Wicky_42:

II2:

The USAS 12 w/ Grenade Shells in BF3... In an otherwise fairly well balanced game, it stands out as extremely OP. The Saiga or DAO-12 w/ Grenade Shells is alright, but you won't see it doing *that*.

The last time I recall something in a BF game being that out of whack was in BF: Vietnam (not bad company dlc), when the American support class had both a shoot-from-the-hip M60 and a Bazooka.

That video's in hardcore mode though, right? I mean, it takes like 3 or four hits to kill with frag rounds - I honestly think he would have been killing just as fast/faster with buckshot for the majority of those kills. Though I must admit, the first time I came up against people using frag rounds in Metro I was blown away by how much carnage they seemed to cause - it's hard to judge how much damage is actually being done behind all the screen blur and explosions!

Recently, choppers' TV guided missiles in BF3 have been pissing me off - it seems to have unlimited range and kills armoured vehicles in a single hit. Wut? With all the nerfs recently to AA missiles etc, just seems insanely imba. Oh, and guys using the SMAW anti-tank rocket as their primary weapon in infantry matches is just annoying XD

Other than that, I've only really been playing SCII which is kinda awesomely balanced sooo...

Nah, it's not hardcore - if it was the minimap would be gone and other GUI elements would be minimized. Now, it might be some custom game varient with hardcore elements, but...?

Yeah, absolutely buckshot would be even more lethal up close. Though the scatter radius changes from weapon to weapon (shotguns), the pellets do 20 damage a piece (12-15 at max range) and fire 12 pellets per shell. Despite that sounding pretty gnarly, all of the shotguns in BF3 are really short ranged, for buckshot and even on a tight cone one like the 870, it disperses widely past about 20m...

The OP is more that the FRAG rounds (perticularly in the USAS because of the high ROF and reload speed) cause limited but potent AOE damage and major supression at the point of impact and can be thrown accurately out to about 80m. As I mentioned, they're balanced and effective in other shotguns, but the USAS-12's ROF and reload time turn it into a one man army in any confined map like Metro or in boxed off Team Death Match versions of maps. On the larger conquest or rush maps, it's not as much of an issue, since it can't shoot the entire enemy team at once ;).

marobidoux:
CoD Killstreaks. They're unfairness incarnate.

Winning? Here, take those toys! You clearly need them!

Losing? Shut up and take it while the big boys are having fun, noob... Here's a speed boost so you get killed more quickly. Stop wasting our time!

have you played mw3?

ooh here is a good player who got a high killstreak his assault killstreak rewards will last all of 10 seconds and get 0 kills, because we've made them super weak given you literally fucking homing missiles to shoot them down with, perks to couter them with and made it so you cant die from them within 5 seconds of spawning.

oh youre a bad player? dont worry with support you can have all the UAV's and counters you want and dont forget to equip the stealth bomber for a no-skill multi kill and just to really piss the other team off have a free EMP, on me go on it'll really fuck up their day, what are you struggling to get kills? why not spawn behind the good players or get dead mans nuke, its okay that your a paraplegic retard everyone should be able to do well in our game

mw3 is the most ridiculously noob friendly game ever, what a game should do is reward you for being a good player (with killstreaks) and punish you for being a bad player (with death, and the loss of killstreaks) mw3 rewards bad players with cheap, easy kills, death streaks like dead mans nuke, and giving them better killstreaks than skilled players.

pandering for good players is the best way to ruin MP, if your bad you should have to either learn how to play or get dominated by good players not rewarded for being bad with bullshit like dead mans hand.

on topic: urban cohorts and praetorian cav

endtherapture:
Dota 2 can be really unbalanced and annoying, anti-mage can be overpowered pretty much the whole game.

I hate him so much. A person who can play Riki well is also overpowered. The Observer wards... They do bugger all!

bullet_sandw1ch:

NotSoLoneWanderer:
Flying a helicopter in battlefield 3. Getting kills covering the objective for you teammates to move up and spotting everyone you see. Dodging rockets and backing off if I get multilocked. Then a jet smashes into my rotor and he flies of while I'm sent careening towards the ground. Jump out and see my co-pilot eviscerated by the blades (bad luck) while I parachute deep behind enemy lines with no hope of rescue seeing as how my allies are bogged down on the beach. If I keep going I'll turn this into a pretty awesome story but that isn't the goal. Jet pilots. Stop flying into my helicopter. It's annoying.

please continue. that sounds like an awesome story.

Alright then :). After landing and quickly hiding in some nearby bushes to avoid the defending Russians who most assuredly saw, heard, or were just moments ago informed by they're allied pilot zipping through the air about my position, I unfold my field map and head for the surrounding hills. Clutching my DOA-12 I rush bush to bush while surveying area for enemy soldiers. Feeling especially exposed I duck into a small bare building and radio my teammates for help with more direct information. My heart sank when I heard current air support was tied up at the moment with the [EXPLETIVE] pilot who destroyed my aircraft. My squad-mates were otherwise pressed with concerns over the enemy armor at the beach head and mounted machine gun positions. All they could promise was a sniper who would keep an eye on me. Just what I needed. A lone sniper. Readjusting my DOA-12 I plot my ideal route to allied forces and press on.

After a few minutes of walking I hear the sound of a bolt sliding a new round into a rifle. Dropping into prone I follow the noise until I'm upon a sniper laying down on a rock. I thought "Must be really far from my team if this guy is set up with a bipod and everything." I move closer and draw my knife.

I have no idea what made me wait. Killing a man like this. In cold blood. I'm already reaching for his should when I realize he's aiming at my buddies...my family. Flipping him around I stab him in the neck and grab his dog tags. "Sniper rifle dog tags...figures.". I'm about to move on until I notice his equipment. An MAV, "Could come in handy.". Similar to an old gameboy I quickly grasp the controls and survey my surroundings. I'm getting close and my allies are pushing up but that still means the Russians are moving back. I'm not safe yet.

The rifle fire and explosions get closer and closer as I progress. Then I meet the enemy again. Surrounded by boxes of ammunition and focused on a map and mortar. This time I don't hold back. Pulling the trigger in a short flash of buckshot to the cerebellum. I check his map and know that I'm only dozens of meters away.

Finally I see them. The Russians. All of them. Right in front of me. Shoot or run? Fight or flight? I'm trained to fight but this certainly wasn't covered. That's when my decision is made for me. A soldier begins to turn around to reach for a nearby ammo box and I start shooting. At first they're caught by surprise. Gunfire from the front by my marines and the back from me. I take down the first four but counting the rounds I know my shotgun won't fire for much longer. I leap to the side as a bullet whizzes past my ear and I draw my M9. I finish two more off but I'm already content with my death at this point as the enemy before me takes aim.

I see my life flash before my eyes until one Russian after another hits the dirt. Struggling to slide another magazine into my sidearm I look down for a moment and when I look up the enemy forces lay dead in front of me. I check myself for gunshots and I find none. I'm stunned. "I'm alive?!?!?" That's when I notice a small engine kick to life and see an MAV hover over my head for a moment. From my radio I hear "Dust yourself off and rejoin the fight. Battle's not over." The MAV zooms off and I turn around and squint into the hills where I see the glint of a scope and the waving hand of my savior. Just then the crunch of boots brings me back to reality and I immediately tense. "The hell you been ,kid?" says my squad leader. Can't help but laugh as my squad and I pile into a Humvee and move towards the port warehouse where the last of the enemy are are expected to be holding as they're last foothold in the region. "Just a little lost sir. Just a little lost."

Alright that was fun. To anyone who reads this I didn't proofread and I'm not going to. Just a quick little (mostly) true story. Enjoy the story.

Mini healing in LOTRO.
Especially in Warspeech.

DAN HIBIKI IN ONLINE MATCHES. SO OP!!!!!

but for realz, I would have to say I just hate those really long combo strings in fighting games. Getting juggled for 10 seconds kind of ruins the game. Albeit, yes, it is a major part of the game, but i think that they just break the whole experience by being there.

But that Dark Souls invasion sounds so lame. Good idea, but it should be in, oh, a DIFFERENT game, where it would be less of an infuriating hell.

krazykidd:
No one said this yet? Yay i'll be the first .

WESKER!
WESKER!
WESKER!

Really anyone that uses Wesker in UMVC3 doesn't care for a fair fight . Best tip i have recieved for dealing with wesker is , don't get hit ... EVER .

Your balance....MEANS NOTHING TO ME!

But seriously, Wesker seemed like a much bigger deal when UMvC3 first released. Then Zero... "One touch kill all". Shoutouts to Mihe's lightning loops. Also Morrigan on point with Dr.Doom's Hidden Missiles assist = super awesome lame Chris G mode. Soul fist, soul fist, soul fist, ad nauseam!

Wesker still has that "X-Factor lvl 3 can blow your entire team" factor, though.

Tohuvabohu:

But it's nice when you're the one that shoots the random crocket.

No. It isn't. It basically feels like the game stole your kill and achievement. I don't need random crits to get kills. Only bad players do. I earn my kils.

Tohuvabohu:

-Sagat. I guess not exactly 'unfair', but a royal pain in the ass and symbolizes everything I hate about Capcom 2d fighters. (TIGER SHOT. TIGER SHOT. TIGER SHOT. TIGER SHOT. TIGERTIGERTIGERTIGERTIGERTIGERTIGERTIGERTIGETIGETIGETIGETIGTIGTIGTIGTIGTITITITITI-)

I'll accept this if you play Zangief. Otherwise, most chars have ways around it. Hell, Zangief does too. Yes, it's an effective tool, but that's Sagat's thing. Most people complain about mindless spam tiger shots, and those are crazy easy to destroy. Unlike the previously mentioned Morrigan (especially with soul mirror, or however it's called, active) + Hidden missiles assist in UMvC3 where the fireballs are basically unpunishable and unavoidable. THAT is a royal cunt.

@OP: My biggest gripes with online are:

a)"freemium" PvP games with premium items that give gameplay benefits. "Pay to win" can fuck off and die. I'll just buy a retail game with decent balance then.

b) "Random" gameplay variables, which can fuck off and die. Random in any ind of PvP game should cause the developer that suggested it to be instantly brutalized. No. Just no. Not ever. Random gameplay = kusoge.

c) Peer-to-peer and poor netcode in general. Most recent example is Space Marine. Very interesting "core". Borderline unplayable online due to peer-to-peer system + matchmaking... Which brings us to the last one:

d) Matchmaking. Fuck. Off. Server/room lists. Anything else is unacceptable. Only exceptions are co-op games. Matchmaking should be a bonus, not the core.

JLML:
Funny you mention that about SMGs. Since, you know, I've been playing APB for like, a shitload of time this weekend, coming to the conclusion that it's just stupid. Stupid, because an SMG will beat a shotgun at 1-5 meters. And I'm talking when aimed exactly at each other. And the shotgun is auto-fire. Heck, it's even worse when the targets are moving around, within that 5 meter distance, then the SMG is even more superior to the shotgun. We're talking like, 5-10 bullets from an SMG to kill. Whereas the shotgun can get 3 direct hits without killing. /rant

I think the problem there is that you're playing APB.

OT: In Tribes Ascend on Crossfire, it's possible for the flag carrier to camp in a room with only one entrance while a Brute or two can infinitely spam fractal grenades, preventing anyone from even coming near the room's entrance.

In fact, fractal grenades in general either last too damn long and/or do too much damage. Bane of my life as an Infiltrator.

Mad Sun:
The KV in World of Tanks. When you see one, you know that you are royally screwed. It has the speed of a Soviet tank, the armor of a German tank, and the raw power of a French tank. It can one shot almost any tank below it, and several tanks above it, and the way matchmaking is set up, you'll see one in most games between tier 3 and 7 (it being tier 5). Glad to finally be away from it? That's okay, meet the tier 7 KV-3, an upgrade!

I've never actually had problems with the KV-3, mainly because the matching with it isn't as bad as the KV. in tier 3-5 battles, KVs are almost always on top, and like you said, they will one shot almost every other tank that isnt heavy or a fully upgraded, decently armored medium tank. Luckily they arent that bad to take out once you get to Tier 5+, but they still do a lot of damage.

Also a game called Rakion, it's a PvP third person game with 5 different classes, one problem is that there is no Gender Switch, and ironically the most annoying and OP classes are the Female ones. Females get to be Ninjas and Archers, Ninjas are the fastest but supposed to be "Lowest damage per hit" but when they grab you, they do the MOST damage and commonly instantkill you, which is a bit of an inconvienence in that game. With archers, if you get caught in an area with 2 archers, you can easily be stun locked to death by them rotating shots at you, and they are just a pain to kill because they can also throw stuff at you and run.
Might i also add that this game is Pay-to-win? Many servers have actually banned cash players because the best armor and weapons are from real money.

Playing Kirby Air ride city trial and then the other guy completes a legendary machine... instant rage quit right there.

Nuuu:

Mad Sun:

I've never actually had problems with the KV-3, mainly because the matching with it isn't as bad as the KV. in tier 3-5 battles, KVs are almost always on top, and like you said, they will one shot almost every other tank that isnt heavy or a fully upgraded, decently armored medium tank. Luckily they arent that bad to take out once you get to Tier 5+, but they still do a lot of damage.

Play that game all the time, stopped getting trouble from KV's at tier 4, but that might be because I mostly play as a Tank Destroyer.

HellRaid:

JLML:

I think the problem there is that you're playing APB.

OT: In Tribes Ascend on Crossfire, it's possible for the flag carrier to camp in a room with only one entrance while a Brute or two can infinitely spam fractal grenades, preventing anyone from even coming near the room's entrance.

In fact, fractal grenades in general either last too damn long and/or do too much damage. Bane of my life as an Infiltrator.

Eh, it ain't that bad on Crossfire.

Now, Raindance flag standoffs? Those are god damn miserable. Sure there's only one entrance to the room on Crossfire, but it's a very small room. You can bounce a grenade magazine or a mortar shell in and everything inside is boned. But Raindance? The Raindance generator room is huge, so you can't bounce a shot in, and there's that really awkward drop that makes you so easy to kill before you can even see what and where the enemies are.

Oh man, The M26 Mass/Dart underbarrel. dear and fluffy lord that thing is ridiculous. You thought the USAS with 12g was ridiculous? You haven't seen anything yet.

The glitch gives it the same damage PER PELLET as a normal round from your primary with ridiculous range and accuracy with a heavy barrel. Its a USAS that can do OHK multikills from range.

I don't care if consoles would have to wait, this needs to be sorted out on PC asap.

endtherapture:
Dota 2 can be really unbalanced and annoying, anti-mage can be overpowered pretty much the whole game.

Dota 2 is the closest thing to a perfectly balanced game ever made. It boils down to skill, which, unfortunately, not many people (including myself) have.

OT: Any mechanic that replaces player skill with luck. I'm not talking about crits, although they don't belong in some genres, they have a niche in the rpg world. I mean things that literally replace one's ability to preform with something like temporary invulnerability, ammunition spewing weapons, explosives, environmental factors, or just other unfair minutia.

That and games trading balance and power creep for samey, under powered carbon copy weapons.

Cowabungaa:
My own contribution would be the Ice Climbers in Super Smash Bros. Okay they're not that overpowered perhaps (though they're awfully quick for such a hard-hitting duo), but the fact that one of them can damage you while you can't damage her just strikes me as so damned unfair. That shit just ain't right.

Aircross:
Say it all with me now!

RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR

TF2, 95% ubercharge, A WILD CROCKET APPEARS!

And that's why a good team plays with Pyro's, and uses Snipers for that job instead of Soldiers. I just love ruining a Medic's day with a well-placed headshot. No need for randomness.

xptn40S:
Unfair stuff in multiplayer?

The first thing that came to my mind was Battlefield 3.

Indeed. I'm not sure whether it's because of the reason you stated, but 9/10 games I join has one team being completely pancaked by the other. There just barely seems to be room for some sort of middle ground, like, ever. That's why I barely play BF3 these days.

anthony87:
Noshahr canals on Battlefield 3.

If you're on the side that spawns on the carrier then prepare to have a whale of time trying to even make it to the docks as you're being sniped by soldiers, a tank or two and there's an enemy helicopter spawncamping and blowing up your helicopters. What do you do if your helicopters get destroyed?

....You take a boat. A little shitty thing that's just begging for a tank to blow it out of the water provided one of the snipers don't headshot your as you're driving it.

Very unbalanced map is basically what I'm getting at.

That used to be the case, but the BF3 community has really discovered the fixed AA gun on the carrier, letting the US team dominate that map's airspace relatively easy, ruining the RU's team's day. I've seen it happen so damned often. I mean really that gun can even pepper point B itself.

Not just B, it can tear apart the waterside warehouses, fire all the way down to the bridge near D and rake the entire length of railway line on the water side of C, and there is NOTHING you can do about it. I hate Nosehair as the RU.

I'll join in on hating freemium pay to win content.

But everyone talking about Wesker in UVMC3, I've never really seen him as that much of a problem. At first sure, but once I got used to him he was never an issue. Now that think about it though, that may have something to do with me playing an odd-team so they don't have any experience against my set-up. (I run Shuma, X-23, and She-Hulk.) A Wesker that wasn't wondering what the hell I'm doing might be a bit more of a problem. Now Zero or a level three X-Factor Strider using Ouruboros? I hate running into those.

FilipJPhry:

erttheking:
Gonna have to go with the Banshee in Halo Reach. It can be countered with a Scorpion or a Falcon, but on the maps where they aren't around that thing can be a real pain in the rear, dive bombing people and fliping around like the pilot has ADHD which makes it impossible to hit with anything other than a SPARTAN laser, and can instakill you with ease. Oh yeah, can the Guass Warthog.

Yes. Fuck guys to take the Banshee at the beginning of every game and proceed to use it for the rest of it. I even see people wait until they respawn so they can get dibs on them. It is one of those very rare instances where I'm tempted to team kill.

Also, this is most likely beaten to death, but the Ghost perk on Black Ops. Also using Lesnar on UFC. You're really just going to keep it on the ground game? Speaking of wrestling, people who use Randy Orton on WWE 12. His Punt finisher is unblockable! Totally unfair.

The Banshee is actually pretty weak to DMR fire if you can't get something bigger. It's still a pain, but it seems like people don't hit it with their DMRs because they don't realize how effective it is. Just make sure you're near an interior location in case he comes at you.

Arnoxthe1:
In the hands of a pro, the Sniper Rifle in Halo. If you don't have anything to at least harass him with, you're dead.

Definitely. You don't have to be that pro, and the sniper is easily the best weapon at all ranges and virtually all situations.

Any rocket/grenade launcher weapon in modern realistic fps's. Last I checked rocket launchers and grenade launchers were anti-vehicle and for clearing buildings. The ammos so heavy, bulky and expensive you simply cant use it for anti-personal, might as well make us a bald headed giant russian dude with a minigun if your going for that realis..oooh..

RJ 17:

1: Marine Grenade Launcher. Timed and Proximity mines are alright, but Spider and EMP grenades are ridiculously overpowerd.

2: Marine rocket launcher's homing mode. Yeah, once you get a lock, the target is dead. Period. You could pull the trigger from across the map and watch the tart run behind three buildings and jump into a tunnel...the rocket will follow the target's exact path and blow'em up, laughing as it makes as many 90 degree turns as it wants.

3: Marine Smart Gun. Soooo your aim never leaves me if I'm on your screen, you just have to hold down the trigger? There's a word for that in other games...it's called using an aim-bot.

4: Predator Shoulder Cannon. 2 charged shots that never miss and you're dead? Yeah, that's pretty over powered.

5: Just to be fair I'll go ahead and say the spear gun because a camping pred is 100% invisible to marines and there's really not much they can do about a pred with a speargun that knows how to aim it.

I played AvP2 a lot. And absolutely none of these things bothered me. They all had work arounds. For all locking weapons with traveling projectiles you just had to bunny hop sidestep and they would miss 100% of the time. People almost never used the smart gun because it ate through ammo quickly and did almost no damage, which meant that whoever was using it usually had a very short lifespan. EMP weapons didn't hurt marines; any alien would easily pounce away by the time they shot, any predator should be ambushing and not give them the chance to shoot. And if a predator camps with a spear gun they will die very fast to aliens. If for some reason you are playing without the games best race, there's a reason players are given 500 bullets of pulse rifle ammo. Predators hide in predictable spots, shoot a few shots at all the obvious places until you hit something, and then lay waste to it.

I played 90% of the time as an alien runner, and consistently scored the highest in the game.

teebeeohh:
mass talons or dryads/the other druids in WC3, i hated those

This is annoying as hell, as I play Orc. And every single Nightelf does it at higher levels. The only real work around is to just avoid them and base raid as much as possible while denying expansions.

Also in regards to wc3. Basically everything about Undead in wc3 is stupid. For example, with level 2 unholy aura standing on blight, the entire undead army has faster regeneration than a fountain of life, and once that aura hits level 3 it becomes retarded. Meaning that you can basically never attack the enemy base.

shrekfan246:

Goddamn blood mages in Dragon Age: Origins. I may just not understand the intricacies of the mage class in that game, but it seems like enemy blood mages are about 50-100% more effective than any mage on my team, all while doing less collateral damage to their allies than I would to mine. I hate fighting blood mages so much. They always seem to manage to root three of the four people in my party, them blow them all up with a Fireball that also knocks them over, finishing with a super-powered Chain Lightning that chains to the entire party because, as previously stated, they were all knocked down by the fireball so they couldn't move away or anything, all while two or three of their buddies and/or a boss monster is wailing on my team too. Oh, and the Fireball puts on a flame damage-over-time effect too.

Origins wasn't a multiplayer game. lol. Check the thread title brody. But yes you're right blood mages were OP as hell. They have a spell that straight up stunlocks everyone for a long time in a medium sized circle and does high damage. Actually leaving on blood magic is stupid though, just that one spell is OP.

The_Waspman:
In regards to Dark Souls, I feel your pain OP. Most of the time, I play Dark Souls either offline, or hollowed. There have been a few occasions when I've had to regain human form online (to kindle bonfires and suchlike) and I was invaded the first time I got into...

That place is a bloody hornet's nest of invaders. Makes summoning your NPC friend difficult for that really hard boss fight that comes attached. It's best to stay offline there unless you want to be invaded constantly.

Used to be worse though when the Fog Ring made it impossible to lock on invaders... Thank goodness those days are over.

The Banshee/Scorpion in Halo 3. Such a bitch.

In Reach they toned the Banshee down quite a bit by making it a lot less agile and easier to kill with small arms fire. Scorpion's still an asshole, though. I mean, come on, Bungie. I'm on the Elite team in Invasion and I'm supposed to kill a tank that has an ultra accurate infinite range super fast insta kill cannon.....with my purple turtle tank that slowly lobs globs of plasma?

Unfair?

Pretty much every aspect of any competitive MMO ever made. You aren't rewarded for your skill, you're rewarded by simply being lucky or spending absurd amounts of time and possibly real money to purchase the best equipment you can. The best example of this I can think of is WoW, you could have everything perfectly mapped and configured on your UI with carefully chosen talents and some 12 year old who got lucky and has to much time on his hands could crush you with absolutely no effort, it's bullshit.

From what I hear about the Dark Souls Multiplayer I think it will be best if I play in offline mode when the game hits the PC in August.

Spawn camping is most likely the most unfair thing a person can do in a multiplayer game.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked