What 1 Game Would Have You Buy a New Console For?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Currently I am seriously considering whether or not I want to buy a PS3 for DUST 514.

Having played EVE for 6 years and being a little burned out with it playing a new game in the EVE universe is appealing, PS3s don't cost to much either so it its not a massive outlay and free PSN helps too.

edit

I'd buy a new console for Mario, Zelda or Animal Crossing. LittleBigPlanet maybe, I'm tempted to get a Vita for it but it's a lot of cash...

Wow, a lotta love for KH3. I personally would buy a PS4 for KH3 specically. Also Fallout 4, but then if I had the money I'd just buy a ultra powerful PC for it.

wintercoat:
Well, if I had the money, I'd buy a PSP for Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. I've missed out on what's supposed to be a few rather large pieces of the overarching story because Squeenix decided to spread it to as many consoles as humanly possible. Birth by Sleep happens to be the only one I really care about playing. Well, that and KH3, but that seems to be Squeenix's HL3, so I've stopped looking forward to it. Not that I could afford a PS3(or 4) to play it on, but if I could, I'd buy one in a heartbeat for KH3.

It's really annoying they release the series on different platform. Just read about the Birth By Sleep plot in the wikia and watch videos on youtube like I did, it's pretty interesting if you can understand it. Also, read up on 358/2 plot if you like Roxas. But I'll stress that you also read KH3D plot if you want to know how the set up for KH3 will turn out. But only if you're an avid fan of KH series but just can't be bothered buying a new console. Really the only bad thing about the series.

GethBall:
Wow, a lotta love for KH3. I personally would buy a PS4 for KH3 specically. Also Fallout 4, but then if I had the money I'd just buy a ultra powerful PC for it.

wintercoat:
Well, if I had the money, I'd buy a PSP for Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. I've missed out on what's supposed to be a few rather large pieces of the overarching story because Squeenix decided to spread it to as many consoles as humanly possible. Birth by Sleep happens to be the only one I really care about playing. Well, that and KH3, but that seems to be Squeenix's HL3, so I've stopped looking forward to it. Not that I could afford a PS3(or 4) to play it on, but if I could, I'd buy one in a heartbeat for KH3.

It's really annoying they release the series on different platform. Just read about the Birth By Sleep plot in the wikia and watch videos on youtube like I did, it's pretty interesting if you can understand it. Also, read up on 358/2 plot if you like Roxas. But I'll stress that you also read KH3D plot if you want to know how the set up for KH3 will turn out. But only if you're an avid fan of KH series but just can't be bothered buying a new console. Really the only bad thing about the series.

I've actually already played 358/2. Birth by Sleep and 3D are the only ones I haven't played because I can't afford to drop $100+ on a new console. I can barely afford a new game once a month or so.

wintercoat:
I've actually already played 358/2. Birth by Sleep and 3D are the only ones I haven't played because I can't afford to drop $100+ on a new console. I can barely afford a new game once a month or so.

Like I said, just read about them and watch videos on them and await the almighty KH3!!

Seriously, I hope it's announced at E3 otherwise I'm gonna cry.

A new super smash bros game for sure.

Well, since I'd never touch a console - waste of money for me - I'll go with 'What would make you upgrade your PC' instead.
Realistically? Very little. Probably nothing. Nothing that would realistically be made would actually have me interested. Nothing released would strain my current system, and I have little reason that will change significantly in the next 6 years or so [Console cycle hardware limiting the amount of resources a game can use, my PC's level far higher than all consoles in every way, next console cycle highly unlikely to change that, and that will last another six years. Games these days generally primarily developed for console, and thus will usually utilise only that lower level of hardware available] so yeah. I'll leave my answer here as "Anything that puts a strain on my system in the next six years that I deem worth buying".

Unrealistically... Any number of things. Still broadly covered by the term "Anything that puts a strain on my system that I deem worth buying" though. Examples would include a full on Star Wars Battlefront 3, to specs suggested in that document I read somewhere about the plans for it, and updated for modern PC hardware to push it to the limits. That I'd buy.

One game, no. Persona 5 would be close, but I'll just wait and see how it goes.

Other than that, I'm happy with my PC and exclusives coming out this summer.

Shadow of Colossus and whatever the other game is.

Seriously these two games are making me consider getting a PS3. And why is journey not on xbox eithe? rar!! PS3 is good for other things too of course, but they're the incentive.

Atmos Duality:
\A real, expansive Shadowrun video game.
Not that dross that they tried to pass as Shadowrun on the 360.

No need for a console, there

casual_hat:
Fallout 4, because some of us have Macs. I'm really hoping it comes out at the end of this generation though.

Bootcamp is your friend, if you can get your hands on a copy of Windows XP.

For me, though... Gran Turismo 6 would sell a PS4 to me. If they wind up putting 6 on the PS3, I'll be a bit disappointed. Not a whole lot more they can squeeze out of that aging beast unless you string more than one of 'em together to render stuff.

I have bought just a PS1 for ChronoCross and a GameCube for just SmashBro's.

But I would defiantly buy a console if they were to remake Mutant League Football.
(if I couldn't emulate it for on my pc) =D

Rock Band lead me to a purchase of a non-wii (as it hadn't been announced for wii at the time).

I choose PS3 because of Resident Evil 5 having been announced in the future. In the end, RE5 was only okay but Rock Band was totally worth it.

I'd buy a PS4 if it announced Rock Band 4 and supported PS3 instruments.

My long-awaited underwear ironing simulator. I would buy a supercomputer for that.

Knights of the Old Republic 3, the Elder Scrolls 6: Whatever or Fable 4.

Star Wars Battlefront 3 in ultra HD. I would give so much..

Akalabeth:
Shadow of Colossus and whatever the other game is.

Seriously these two games are making me consider getting a PS3. And why is journey not on xbox eithe? rar!! PS3 is good for other things too of course, but they're the incentive.

After playing Journey for a few minutes at my brother's house, I was sold on finally buying a PS3. There are other games that I wanted, sure, but that was the scale-tipper. Shadow of The Colossus is fantastic.

OT: I would buy whatever console has Fallout 4, though I'm sure it'll be multiplatform anyway. A new Metroid from Retro, or a Zelda that gets it right convince me to get the Wii U.

The total war series. It will never ever ever ever ever move from pc (new pc's can barely handle all the glory of S2, nevermind consoles. And think about the control issues!) but if it would move to a console, I'd buy it in an instant. There's no series I've poured more time in or have had more fun with than the total war series. And ever since someone came up with the bright idea of chest-high walls, regenerating health and two-bullet kills in fps's it's been more or less the only game serie I really still give a damn about.

Aerosteam 1908:
Half-Life 3 on the Steam Box.

this or The Witcher 3 (well im willing to ugrade my pc for it

I don't know about a single game, but there are a couple of companies that would probably sway me if they went exclusive. If Bioware or Capcom went with only one console for the next generation, that would almost definitely be the console I purchased. Or at least it would be the one I got first.

Ryotknife:
halflife 3
disgaea 5
mechwarrior 5
maybe kingdom hearts 3

Goddamn it You ninja'd my disgaea.

well as my future dream is out and exposed If I may also include games I did buy new consoles for

Ps Vita- Disgaea 3(the only reason so far that I own the device)

Nintendo 3DS - Zelda OoT 3D

PS3- I think it was either Naughty bear or the first release of disgaea 3

an American PS2(I'm an aussie)- Hole heap of reasons the aussie game market sucks months after US for a release and when they come out sometimes they are only available for a month. But the real seeling point game was soul cradle

Pocket Gameboy - Pokemon red

I know there were others I never buy a console without at least one game in mind but thats all that are one the top of my head atm

Half-Life 3 and Pshychonauts 2, anything else wouldn't be enough I think.

skywolfblue:
Half Life 3

Homeworld 3 (I know it's not a console game, but it's the only other game that would instantly make me go "ooga booga" enough to buy new hardware)

Yup, those would be my main ones.

Also: Metal Gear Solid 5 (I bought my PS2 for MGS3 and my PS3 for MGS4, so that seems fitting), Assassin's Creed 4 (probably, let's see how AC3 does), GTA VI, a new 'Souls' game by From Software and a new Team Ico game.

Pretty much Pokemon since that why I bought a DS for (to play Diamond). I'm just glad White/ Black 2 is still intend to be for the DS.

Kingdom Hearts 3 or any new console with an exclusive Resident Evil.
I've got every game in both series so far and I can say that I have enjoyed all of them immensely.

It used to be that you could count Final Fantasy on that list, but now...

although, there's still versus that might be good.

I'd have to say I would buy a PS3 ONLY for The Last of Us. Naughty Dog have always amazed me with their productions.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was the only game I bought a Wii for.

I'd probably buy a GameCube just to be able to play Mario Kart: Double Dash again.

Half life 3, yup me too.
And maybe Mass Effect4 depends how well it was done.
Also, a well made mistborn game, I would glady switch consoles to play it. Here's hoping the one being made lives up to my (maybe a tad unrealistic) hopes :P

I would have to say timesplitters... Or half-life 3 obviously. Doubt it'd be necessary for hl3 but when (not if) timesplitters 4 comes out I WILL be buying a new console.

So far I've got a DS and a PSP just so I can play Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (And The World Ends With You actually...) and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, respectively. God damn I love those games, looks like I'm gonna have to get myself a 3DS when Dream Drop Distance rolls around...

If I had the money, Id get a 3DS just for KH 3D. I hate the basic idea of the 3DS (y'know, the 3D aspect of it) so I really dont want it at all but I want this game so much... if I can borrow one from someone, I'm set =)

loc978:

Atmos Duality:
\A real, expansive Shadowrun video game.
Not that dross that they tried to pass as Shadowrun on the 360.

No need for a console, there

As comforting as that is (I was already aware of the kickstarter for it), until it's an official production, I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

Last Story almost made me buy a Wii.

I'd say if it was a Mistwalker game, I'd look into it a bit. If it's something dope, I would be very inclined to buy that console just to play it.

Pretty much the only reason I'd ever buy a Wii U would be for the next home console Zelda.

well im planning on getting a ps3 for the last of us and MGS4...other than that...Mass effect 4 on a new xbox, A new Zelda for the WiiU...and for ps4....probably a new MGS game.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked