Please recommend me a good interactive story experience

Pages PREV 1 2

Silent Hill 2 ticks all of the boxes as does Heavy Rain and the upcoming Spec Ops: The Line...

I suggest a little game called Shadow of Memories on the PS2. It's a strange game but it is a good interactive story experience.

Erana:

Kahunaburger:

Diablo2000:

AndrewF022:

Dandark:

Matan:

Funkysandwich:

Truniron:

Schaaka:

majora13:

Richardplex:

Thank you all for the suggestions. Will check out To the moon, Another Code R, and I am already on Choice of games.

Will save Fate/Stay night for later, it seems like the kind of thing I would want to do in one go over a weekend. Thanks for the offer to help me install, maybe in a few weeks time. There is an anime of the same name, which is better?

I have tried fallout 1 and 2 before, they are not particularly easy games to be honest, reminds me of jagged alliance 2, in that you have the freedom to run into ridiculously difficult combat situations. I just died too much.

For Deus Ex, the graphics really haven't stood up so well because they went for a realistic approach instead of artistic, having recently played Human revolution (which was very good), I can't really look past the poor visuals.

I just looked up Catherine and Crono cross, they are interesting, so maybe laters.

goodman528:
snip

My moment as come to save someone from the anime, I can die happy now! :D
The anime is about 9 hours long, and is basically the bare bones of the Fate route (the first route) with a massive part of Unlimited Bladeworks (second route) shoehorned in. So as you'd expect from condensing 25hours + extra's into 9 hours, it's kind of really mediocre. And god the fight scenes in the anime are badly animated, have the character's severely nerfed, and completely go against what the visual novel says is possible.

TL;DR, The visual novel is to the anime as heaven is to earth.

And yeah, PM me whenever, I'm always happy to help. I guess you mean each route over a weekend; it took me 80 hours to finish one playthrough of each route, and I'm a really fast reader.

And don't watch the prequel Fate/Zero; it's good, but it spoils every plot twist of Heaven's Feel (final route) in the first 15 minutes.

These are all games that I've played where I feel that the story and gameplay merged well and it never felt like story was being sacrificed for gameplay and vice-versa. I assume that that's what you mean by "good interactive story experience."

Bioshock
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Portal
Portal 2
Red Dead Redemption
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Chrono Trigger

goodman528:

Thank you all for the suggestions. Will check out To the moon, Another Code R, and I am already on Choice of games.

Will save Fate/Stay night for later, it seems like the kind of thing I would want to do in one go over a weekend. Thanks for the offer to help me install, maybe in a few weeks time. There is an anime of the same name, which is better?

I have tried fallout 1 and 2 before, they are not particularly easy games to be honest, reminds me of jagged alliance 2, in that you have the freedom to run into ridiculously difficult combat situations. I just died too much.

For Deus Ex, the graphics really haven't stood up so well because they went for a realistic approach instead of artistic, having recently played Human revolution (which was very good), I can't really look past the poor visuals.

I just looked up Catherine and Crono cross, they are interesting, so maybe laters.

If you're willing to persevere with Deus Ex, there's an excellent guide to installing graphics mods for it here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1235278
Of course the game will still look aged as hell, but these will give you much nicer lighting effects, models, etc.

Failing that, my choice would be Red Dead Redemption. It has well drawn characters, terrific, exciting music, and a beast of an ending. I know you said you don't need graphics, but it's a very pretty game.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked