What game are you looking forward to most this summer?
Diablo III
16.4% (21)
16.4% (21)
Max Payne 3
10.9% (14)
10.9% (14)
Pokémon Conquest
7% (9)
7% (9)
The Secret World
4.7% (6)
4.7% (6)
Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor
0.8% (1)
0.8% (1)
Far Cry 3
5.5% (7)
5.5% (7)
Borderlands 2
18% (23)
18% (23)
Other (tell us in the comments)
35.2% (45)
35.2% (45)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Community Poll! What game are you looking forward to most this summer?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Hello Escapists!

It's time for a community poll, because we're interested in what you're interested in. There are a lot of games slated to come out this summer, so which ones are you the most excited about?

I myself am eagerly anticipating the Borderlands 2 release, as I can't wait to experience the now-lush-and-green Pandora. It was the first shooter that didn't bore me, and I'm really hoping for more of the same sillyness in the sequel.

What about you?

Sincerely,
Nasrin

I'm actually really intrigued by The Secret World. I'm not really big on playing with other people, but I like the modern world setting and pop culture references. Plus, ain't gonna lie, the fact that your clothing is simply aesthetic and has nothing to do with your abilities is really appealing. Being able to recognize people by their outfits, not by the name floating over their heads is pretty damn cool, as is the opportunity to express myself with my sartorial choices.

Fall of Cybertron is #1 on the list for me, but Borderlands 2 is also on my radar. Aside from that, mostly movies. Avengers, GI Joe 2 <which looks surprisngly not-crap> and Dark Knight Rises.

Guild Wars 2, if it releases inside the "summer window". Can't say any of the poll options appeals tremendously. I think I want the Civ 5 expansion more than any of those.

Definitely Max Payne 3. I hope it's not just another generic shooter.

Just one? Pfft, I'm a rebel so I'm going to mention THREE!

Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2.

Can't wait to light things on fire as the Engineer in GW2, bury people in bullets as the Gunzerker in BL2 and, again, rock face as an Engineer in TL2.

Out of those on the poll, Borderlands 2, it just looks like Gearbox have improved everything about the first game and then cranked it up to 11.

Not on the poll, I'm looking forward to Dragon's Dogma, it looks like an awesome mix of Skyrim/Dark Souls/Monster Hunter.

Hopefully it would be Guild Wars 2 so for now I voted for Diablo 3 (I still undecided to wheather to get that game or not).

Borderlands 2. I am so hype for this game. I was hype for the first one. My friends and I are going to put so many hours into this one anything else coming out around the same time will be put on the back burner.

Risen 2. I know it's already out on PC and the reviews are merely decent, but I really really really really really want more pirate games.

As of now, probably "Fall of Cybertron".

as im australian the summer release im looking forward to is shadowrun returns in january

probably dragons dogma and pokemon conquest, mots of the choices on their are not that appealing to me otherwise...

plus as someone mentioned, movies are gonna suck the money out of me this summer probably.

Metal Gear Rising or GTA V, assuming they're out.

I applied for a job at this company via a link in an IRC channel that I would have never been in if I didn't play Diablo 2. I also learned how to type (mostly) without looking at the keyboard from Battle.net in Diablo 1.

Borderlands was pretty cool as well. Partly because it had Diablo style loot.

So yeah, Pokémon sounds fun. :D

Mainly Diablo 3 and it's so close you guys, so close.

Next to that I'm saying Borderlands 2 simply because it looks like Gearbox just went bananas and made it even more awesome. Also, I wanna play as the Siren again, granted it's not Lilith, but the new one looks like a lot of fun.

Darksiders 2, I would say Borderlands 2 but that comes out in September which to me is early Fall, as far as I'm concerned summer means months without the letter "R"

Nasrin:
now-lush-and-green Pandora.

Oh my God. The horror of that FOV. Its like 40. How can console players put up with it? *Sits in shower and rocks back and forth*

I mean, seriously. It looks REALLY low.

OT: Max Payne 3, probably. Its looking good and I have faith they dont rape the legacy of the first two games. Hoping for a meaty single player campaign with the memorable characters R* games are known for. If its a 5 hour campaign with nothing but shooting dudes in slow mo I will be disappointed. We dont need another "Wet".

Kross:
I applied for a job at this company via a link in an IRC channel that I would have never been in if I didn't play Diablo 2. I also learned how to type (mostly) without looking at the keyboard from Battle.net in Diablo 1.

Borderlands was pretty cool as well. Partly because it had Diablo style loot.

So yeah, Pokémon sounds fun. :D

I like your new post count. :P

Warlock: Master of the Arcane
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ydHz7X4GF8

I get this Master of Magic vibe that I have missed for a long time.

And Diablo 3, just to see what the hype is about. ;-)

Whatever I can find in the bargain bin. Oh wait you mean full priced games? Maybe Anarchy Reigns, any other game I'm willing to buy new doesn't come out til fall.

Torchlight 2!

Dragon's Dogma looks interesting as well.

I have hope for the new Enemy Unknown game.
If the early aggregates turn out to be good that will be an instant buy for me.

All of them! Already got Max Payne 3 and Diablo 3 on preorder and paid off in full. Lollipop Chainsaw, Far Cry 3, SO MANY GOOD THINGS.

Excited about Max Payne 3 but...really...Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, I can hardly drop into my sleep without dreaming of that game (see what I did there)

TizzytheTormentor:
Excited about Max Payne 3 but...really...Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, I can hardly drop into my sleep without dreaming of that game (see what I did there)

Yes you really went the distance.

OT: Out of the list I'm sure I'm kinda looking forward to see what most of them do. Really the game I am looking most forward to that may get a summer release is GW 2.

I'm not surprised my game wasn't in the poll but I am surprised the other one was absent.

The one I'm really looking forward to is Final Fantasy THEATRYTHEM! A musical adventure through the numerical Final Fantasy games where you can play as adorably re-imagined characters such as Cloud, Sqall, Vivi, Kain and many more!? I want this now dammit!! The other one I'm really looking forward to is Kingdom Hearts 3Ds. Both are on the 3DS and I think they're both out in June. My 3DS is going to get all of the love within the next few months.

Lollipop chainsaw looks like fun. Reserving judgment on Max Payne 3. The first one was AWESOME back in the day, but I have no idea if the new offering will be any good. Plus I have a Diablo III to play dammit! Max can sit on the back burner and wait his turn.

GW2 if it comes out in summer.
Won't upgrade my PC to play far cry 3.

I'm really, really looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 3D. I went on a trailer binge last week and it just looks brilliant. Between the relevance to the storyline overall, the very interesting looking new combat system, and the fact that it's a brand new KH game, it's the game I'm looking forward to the most this year.

Besides that, Dragon's Dogma is also looking particularly interesting. I think that me and my boyfriend will be picking it up at launch so that should put me on nicely until KH in July :)

Dragons Dogma. Played the demo recently, blew my mind, if they do it right it'll probably be my game of the year.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard

Diablo 3.

Borderlands 2 and Guild Wars 2 are both on my radar but I don't expect to pick up either one on launch.

Borderlands 2, but only by a hair (Diablo III is my runner up)

Quite looking forward to Borderlands 2.. Really want Aliens Colonial Marines to be good too.

Of those on the list, Pokemon Conquest.

I'm mostly looking forward to Anarchy Reigns this summer.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked