If you could make your own spin off title in a game franchise

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

What would you make?

iI think a Mass Effect RTS would be cool

The Witcher: Kart Racing!

But seriously, a Gears of War RTS in the vein of Company of Heroes/Dawn of War II would be cool. Or a FPS game set in the Prototype or inFamous universe in the vein of Crysis (super suit vs. Super humans!)

A survival horror set during [Prototype]

A protagonist with no virus super powers and an emphasis on stealth, evasion and survival would really make the most of the conspiracy theory plotlines and the atmosphere of the setting, rather than just being a blood soaked backdrop to the endless succession of running battles across the city - though they were a lot of fun in their own right.

Speaking of Dawn of War, the 40K setting would be pretty cool for a Valkyria Chronicles style Strategy/RPG/Shooter or a Fallout 3 style RPG. It's a pretty elaborate setting that's been constantly built on in the past 25 years. There's a lot of old references and history that integrates well into that kind of experience. I just don't think that engine of Bethesda's could handle any sort of large battle.

As for a direct spin-off, I've always wanted to play last gen's GTA titles from the perspective of Catlina.

While I normally avoid MMORPG's, I think I would really like to see one set in the setting of Planescape:Torment. Although somehow actually implementing such a thing in a setting where the beliefs of a character can affect reality would most likely lead to nothing but utter chaos...

A Halo RPG, it's got moren then enough lore, although what the story would be is something I can't exactly see at the moment. But it could be awesome.

GonzoGamer:
Speaking of Dawn of War, the 40K setting would be pretty cool for a Valkyria Chronicles style Strategy/RPG/Shooter or a Fallout 3 style RPG. It's a pretty elaborate setting that's been constantly built on in the past 25 years. There's a lot of old references and history that integrates well into that kind of experience. I just don't think that engine of Bethesda's could handle any sort of large battle.

As for a direct spin-off, I've always wanted to play last gen's GTA titles from the perspective of Catlina.

Totally for a 40K styled Valkyria Chronciles and Fallout 3.

Mine would be Persona 4, basically do what FES did for Persona 3.

A Garrus spin-off, set during his time as Arkangel on Omega.

I would buy the shit out of that.

Get anything and take the Battlefront route.

Fallout: Battlefront

Dragon Age: Battlefront

Metal Gear Solid: Battlefront

The Elder Scrolls: Battlefront and so on.

Warriors Orochi: Empires

Just imagine the possibilities!

It would definitely feature the bonus conversations system from Samurai Warriors 2: Empires.

A super detailed verson of the CAW system in Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires.

The Vs Mode from Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires.

And of course the ability to select any BGM from the previous games.

I would make a Kingdom Hearts spi..... wait a second, there's already too many of them.

Sean Hollyman:
What would you make?

I second this.

A nice little "Animal Crossing" style RPG set in Megaton (Fallout 3).
Set up life, get to know the neighbours, do your thing, all with "cute" styled people,
maybe animals....

And then some asshole blows the town up. (hey, i always end up doing it....)
It'll be a short game.
Not very rewarding, maybe i'm trying to understand people who save that town...
Not really working...

Then i second NinjaDeath Slap, with the Garrus idea.
I love Omega.

The Capcom Vs. Series count?

SSBB Vs. Capcom in the style of MVC, not only would it be GODLIKE, I want to see

Go up against

uwe boll presents "MICHEAL'S BAY'S TRANSFORMERS: THE ANIMUTED SERIES PREQUEL"

or EA Superbowl: Middle-School Trials: The Musical

A X-men game (or any superheros really) game that has a GTA like open world. It would be the best thing ever. Seriously, just think of how awesome that would be.

I'd like a Star Wars: Empire at War-style game in the Halo universe.

Or Battlefleet Gothic in the style of Homeworld.

Or a Mario Kart-style Warhammer 40k game. Think about it. That would be fun as hell.

I just want another Mortal Kombat Adventure game, since Shaolin Monks was awesome.

Scorpion would probably make the most sense as a protagonist, but I'd take Kenshi for his abilities and storyline.

NinjaDeathSlap:

Do I smell an Assassin's Creed mod coming :D

*hopeful*

Psychonauts - Sasha and Miia's globetrotting adventures. It'd be like James Bond, but with added rolling-pin brandishing robots, exploding cookies, giant rubix cubes and other general crazy.

Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Great Crash.

I'm sorry; I cannot get this idea out of my head. The series had so much potential and it was wasted. In my hands, I would make this two-way war between the pirates and... well, everyone else. I think I'd go more Action RPG but with some war simulation behind it. Of course, it could work as an RTS. Or maybe a Valkyria Chronicles-esque strategy.

Counter-Strike as a turn-based'ish tactical strategy shooter, where you control a whole team, but can do individual FPS things too.

Gurren Lagann, made by Treasure.

You know you want it.

Fallout Tactical RPG. Have you and your 6 companions try to save the world by moving across a hex grid.

Seriously though, I always thought a Planetside/Tribes style multiplayer shooter set in the Starcraft Universe would be fun. Drive a Reaper! Fly a Wraith! Run with a pack of Zerglings! Fight for zone/planet control in a persistent universe on behalf of your faction.

Not a game, but I'd love to see a Stargate RTS.
You'd have several factions like SGC, Goa'uld, Ori, Wraith etc. It'd be awesome.

a Mass Effect RTS where you play as the Reapers 50,000 years ago and you have to destroy the galaxy BUT you need to manage all of your units throughout the universe at the same time. Instead of having separate levels you have to manage all Reapers across the entire universe and address all combat situations at the same time, like only a true super computer could

NinjaDeathSlap:

pretty much this. I always thought that a kind of MGS-esque thing work be completely doable with that setting. Although I think they'd have to make it without any kind of story divergence, seeing as Garrus is most definitely not a blank-slate character like shepard is/was, and I'm not sure whether bioware would want to do that, and I really don't want the IP to be taken away from bioware (even if it has been stripped for parts by EA).

I reckon the sheer popularity of garrus could make that game a huge pile of cash for ea.

I'd totally play an action game or RPG set in the Starcraft universe.

A combination of the Elder Scrolls and Skyrim. I will break down that mountain and build my FORTRESS!!!!! With a golden cock and balls for obvious reasons...

A Mass Effect game where you battle and defeat the Reapers by gathering forces from across the galaxy from various friends and allies culminating in a massive battle with a final ending based on your choices.

Wait...

A Warhammer 40000 RPG focusing on an Inquisitor and retinue. One moment you're investigating a Genestealer cult, the next you're running for your life from a Demonhost.

Ed130:
A Mass Effect game where you battle and defeat the Reapers by gathering forces from across the galaxy from various friends and allies culminating in a massive battle with a final ending based on your choices.

Wait...

A Warhammer 40000 RPG focusing on an Inquisitor and retinue. One moment you're investigating a Genestealer cult, the next you're running for your life from a Demonhost.

A 40K Inquisitor game like Mass Effect would work extremely well. You'd have plenty of weapons, dialogue everywhere. You could be a Puritan or Radical. Do want.

Sean Hollyman:
What would you make?

Mario Accountancy.

Internet cookie for anyone who knows where I got that from.

Jynthor:

Ed130:

Wait...

A 40K Inquisitor game like Mass Effect would work extremely well. You'd have plenty of weapons, dialogue everywhere. You could be a Puritan or Radical. Do want.

Not to mention the different classes, form a Mechanicus tech-priest or sanctioned Psyker to former Guardsmen and Arbties... Not to mention the Gothic setting, if there was one thing good about Space Marine it was the location design.

NinjaDeathSlap:

Be quite interesting.

Assassin's Creed: Pesky Lute Player.

Sean Hollyman:
What would you make?

Dammit, that was my serious suggestion!

Erm... Halo: Battlefront?

I would turn every classic franchise into an FPS, because all games should be FPS. We need more FPS games! And hopefully brown and grey FPS games.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked