If you could make your own spin off title in a game franchise

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Binnsyboy:

NinjaDeathSlap:
A Garrus spin-off, set during his time as Arkangel on Omega.

I would buy the shit out of that.

Be quite interesting.

Assassin's Creed: Pesky Lute Player.

Sean Hollyman:
What would you make?

iI think a Mass Effect RTS would be cool

Dammit, that was my serious suggestion!

Erm... Halo: Battlefront?

I think a game set in the Halo universe with the size and scope of a Battlefront game would be fantastic.

It always bothered me in Halo when in the singleplayer I was a badass taking on an entire Covenant army, while in multiplayer I was running around a small arena, jumping up and down. I love the arena combat, but a little variety never hurt anyone.

Blasto: The Jellyfish Stings: The Game

Pokémon: A Post-Apocalyptic Role-Playing Game
(admittedly am already making a similar thing in tabletop form)

Spoiler Warning: The Game. It procedurally generates a sub-game and then layers hilarious commentary on top of it. Your decisions determine how cancer-inducing the puns are!

an elder scrolls MMO! wait...

seriously though, a diablo style mass effect game?

or a mass effect style elder scrolls game/an elder scrolls style mass effect game

I'd probably end up ruining Persona for everyone else by trying to make it less repetitive for me.

Dragon Age: Total War...

...Tevinter Imperium FTW

Marvel vs Capcom vs Nintendo; Fate of 3 worlds?

Marvel Smash Brothers ft Capcom?

There must be a way to make this a catchier title......

Also; How about that pokemon mmo hmm?

imahobbit4062:
Get anything and take the Battlefront route.

Fallout: Battlefront

Dragon Age: Battlefront

Metal Gear Solid: Battlefront

The Elder Scrolls: Battlefront and so on.

...Pokemon: Battlefront?

Oh god, I would probably play that - it would be awesome.

OP: Dynasty Warriors: Dead Space. Necromorphs have the durability of butter on the surface of the sun - so why not stick them in a game where you cut your way through thousands of butter-based opponents to get to your goal? Have Isaac using one of those laser-chainsaws from the Movie as a melee weapon too, just for extra bad-ass points.

Sipnoff of the seven hour war from Half Life 2. :O

I mean, why not? It's seven hours precisely, a great gameplay time by modern standards. Plus, it'd be great to have some more backstory on the Combine.

And you might get to play as Alyx Vance. >,>

Sean Hollyman:
What would you make?

Xenogears: Requiem of Krelian

Basically a re-hash of Episode 4, but focusing on Krelian's story rather than Lacan and Sophia (although, obviously they would be part of it).

Or:

Xenogears: Ouroboros

Using

as a framing device, create a game that tells the story of Episodes 4, 3, and 2 from Miang's point of view, working backwards through history towards the creation of Miang after the crash of the Eldridge.

ChupathingyX:
Warriors Orochi: Empires

Just imagine the possibilities!

It would definitely feature the bonus conversations system from Samurai Warriors 2: Empires.

A super detailed verson of the CAW system in Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires.

The Vs Mode from Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires.

And of course the ability to select any BGM from the previous games.

:P Glad to see I"m not the only one that's been itching for WO: Empires. Don't see why they won't go ahead and make it those rat bastards.

Oh, and Joan of Arc in WO: 3 is just ridiculously (and surprisingly) overpowered. :P

As for my own suggestion, I'd like to see a Mass Effect: Battle Front (like Star Wars: Battle Front). Visit battles from all the various wars throughout the lore's history. Think about it, fighting through the First Contact War, the Rachni Wars, Krogan Rebellions, Mourning Wars, hell they could even throw in some random battles from the Reaper Invasion!

:P I think it could be pretty sweet.

I just want Starcraft: Ghost to happen. =[

And at the cost of sounding like a broken record on these forums, I'd still love to see some kind of revisit to Legend of Dragoon.

It would also be neat to see a RTS Red Faction. It would probably be the only Red Faction I'd give a fuck about.

GonzoGamer:
Speaking of Dawn of War, the 40K setting would be pretty cool for a Valkyria Chronicles style Strategy/RPG/Shooter

That... That was beautiful...

Korten12:
A Halo RPG, it's got moren then enough lore, although what the story would be is something I can't exactly see at the moment. But it could be awesome.

I'm not sure if you're being cheeky or just oblivious...

NinjaDeathSlap:
A Garrus spin-off, set during his time as Arkangel on Omega.

I would buy the shit out of that.

YES!!!! also, i think a Sgt. Forge Spin-off from halo wars would be good, show some of the battles he faced and his rise and fall from rank

ThePenguinKnight:

Totally for a 40K styled Valkyria Chronciles and Fallout 3.

Scrythe:

GonzoGamer:
Speaking of Dawn of War, the 40K setting would be pretty cool for a Valkyria Chronicles style Strategy/RPG/Shooter

That... That was beautiful...

Thanks.
It's weird. While the Valkyria Chronicles format isn't exactly cutting edge, it's definitely one of the most interesting and original things to be done this generation.
I'm surprised there hasn't been at least one clone let alone one for every military strategy style IP.

Renegade-pizza:
A combination of the Elder Scrolls and Skyrim. I will break down that mountain and build my FORTRESS!!!!! With a golden cock and balls for obvious reasons...

um.... did you mean MINECRAFT and Skyrim?

Because, you know: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and all that.

There's a whole pile of Final Fantasy VII spinoffs, but none at all for VI. I'd like to see that made, though, on the other hand, since it would be made by Square-Enix, maybe not.

Griffolion:
Mario Accountancy.

Internet cookie for anyone who knows where I got that from.

The Decline of Video Gaming.

I would do something similar to Theatrythem Final Fantasy only I would add in instrument support and, boss fights to make something like Rock the Dead...only with Final Fantasy characters. I would include tracks from numerical Final Fantasy games and, certain spin offs like Mystic Quest and, Tactics.

Mass Effect Mako Racing.

NintenKami (Okami only...Nintendogs Style)

that's all I've got for now. OH! One more!!

Nintendo and Capcom's Ultimate Alliance. Think Marvel Ultimate Alliance only add in characters from the SMB series and Capcom franchises. Why not?

Guess.
For those that haven't guessed cilck the spoiler

Scrythe:

...You do realize that Halo has a shit ton of lore right..?

a hitman spin of were you manage the security forces around 47's targets.keeping the same level of complexity and solutions as blood money and maybe even the same maps.to pass the level you have to find and capture(but not kill) 47 without any guests noticing.it would probably suck but hey who gives a shit.

GonzoGamer:

Thanks.
It's weird. While the Valkyria Chronicles format isn't exactly cutting edge, it's definitely one of the most interesting and original things to be done this generation.
I'm surprised there hasn't been at least one clone let alone one for every military strategy style IP.

correct me if I am wrong but isn't the battle system very similar to the upcoming fraxis xcom remake?

paislyabmj:
a hitman spin of were you manage the security forces around 47's targets.keeping the same level of complexity and solutions as blood money and maybe even the same maps.to pass the level you have to find and capture(but not kill) 47 without any guests noticing.it would probably suck but hey who gives a shit.

GonzoGamer:

Thanks.

correct me if I am wrong but isn't the battle system very similar to the upcoming fraxis xcom remake?

Is it? Well that's cooler than what I was expecting. I was hearing that it was going to be more like a straight up shooter but I haven't really been paying attention.

Age of Empires 2: Battlefront.

imahobbit4062:
Get anything and take the Battlefront route.

Fallout: Battlefront

Dragon Age: Battlefront

Metal Gear Solid: Battlefront

The Elder Scrolls: Battlefront and so on.

He was not an influence on me I swear.

A pokemon game. Granted, it's just be another pokemon game, but in a real 3D world instead of that top-down shit. Gameplay somewhat similar to a Final Fantasy game mixed with a Cabella hunting game.

Korten12:
A Halo RPG, it's got moren then enough lore, although what the story would be is something I can't exactly see at the moment. But it could be awesome.

That would be awesome. Say you play as a random survivour from a planet. You have a space ship that can get you from system to system. Although I can see the game ending up more like Deus Ex HR or Mass Effect. I can't really picture one like Fallout or a ES game, simply because you'd need to travel from one location to another, with usually a few light years in between. A large map wouldn't really work.

Yeah, that Archangel Idea is a Popular one and a good one.

Maybe a Starcraft MGS-esque stealth/action game spinoff adventure where you play a sexy mind wiped lone infiltrator in a tight outfit who can... oh, right, I'm not the first to think of that they've just yet to make it happen...

Alright, Mass Effect: Kasumi's Adventures. Stealth action/RPG game that tasks players with leading Kasumi through a series of epic heists across the galaxy!! Featuring love interest Keiji in a semi-playable supporting role!

Hell, there could be one for each and every one of Shepard's companions.

Mercenary Adventures with Zaeed, Adventures in Archaeology with Liara! Cerberus Adventures with Miranda and Jacob... um.. Geth Adventures with Legion! More Mercenary Adventures with Wrex, Flotilla Life with Tali (it's a life simulator) Jedi (oops) I mean Justicar Adventures with Samara, Ardat Yakshi Adventures with Morinth (now that would be interesting) Adventures in Crime with Jack, Aralakh Company Adventures with Grunt (squad shooter) Special Task Group Adventures with Mordin (another squad shooter), Assassin Adventures: The Revenge of Krios with Thane, and the Joker Moreau Normandy Flight Simulator!!

Am I forgetting anyone?

Now somebody call up EA so they can start marketing the shit outta this!!

Korten12:

Scrythe:

I had to re-read your post. For whatever reason, I thought you said Halo RTS.

My apologies.

I would love a Dark Souls prequel, where you played as Gwynn before his descent into madness, or Seath the Scaleless, or even the Witch of Izalith or Nito and you had to end the age of dragons. That would be awesome.

Harvest moon/Rune factory MMO, I just want to see the true makers of farm rpgs destroy zynga.

There could be potential in a survival-horror spin-off of Castlevania where you play a normal, non-Hunter individual just trying to escape that shit. I'm not sure what the story justification would be, but if they made the art design just plain disturbing, there could be something.

A stealth game where you play as Princess Peach trying to escape Bowser's castle undetected.

- A Company of Heroes game set in the Pacific Theatre, featuring missions on places like Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima and the Kokoda Trail with campaigns for all major nations involved, including the Japanese. (I also want an Eastern Front CoH game, but hells yeah it's already in dev)

- A hugeass Halo game featuring all the cool big backstory stuff you never got to see, like the Forerunner-Flood War and the Insurrection.

- A Killzone game with a Helghast campaign, maybe set in the first war.

- Some sort of prequel to Mass Effect, putting you in the roles of many various characters over a massive time period, from pre-galactic civilisation to the Reaper War. While it would have to be very different from the established gameplay of the main trilogy, the possibilities are endless.
Playing as an asari clan leader attempting to unite different factions during Thessia's tribal period for instance, or a turian commander during the Unification War, or a geth trooper during the geth uprising. There's all this cool stuff in the setting's history that could be greatly expanded upon.

Scrythe:

Korten12:

Scrythe:

I had to re-read your post. For whatever reason, I thought you said Halo RTS.

My apologies.

ooohhh. Alright, sorry then. XD

Vergil from DMC3 needs his own game....that is all..

I would buy all those ME spin offs, prequels, sequels.

Mmmh, a TES game focusing on the Dark Brotherhood/Morag Tong. You would have to rely on stealth and it would be heavily story based, but the game world would be rich and big enough to make it rewarding to explore too.

A Dragon Age game that would focus on the Maleficars vs Templars but in a much darker tone, more like the actual Inquisition/witch hunt. I thought that conflict was a good idea, strong enough to "drive" 2 games (well, mostly DA2), but I never felt it was THAT big of a deal. Like, yes, a lot was a stake, but I think they didn't dig enough. A little to much "tell", not enough "show"

Sixcess:
A survival horror set during [Prototype]

A protagonist with no virus super powers and an emphasis on stealth, evasion and survival would really make the most of the conspiracy theory plotlines and the atmosphere of the setting, rather than just being a blood soaked backdrop to the endless succession of running battles across the city - though they were a lot of fun in their own right.

That's a fucking great Idea!

And that's just a wild Idea, but you know what'd be cool?
A Dragonball spinoff with an actually new Story. And one that doesn't star the Main Cast prominently, but uses the style and the Idea of that crazy kung-Fu, Martial Arts world. You could use one of the millions of side Characters and tell a completely new Story, only sporadically referencing the World changing events of the Main Story. Make it an Action-Adventure, 3D Zelda style with lite RPG elements like New Skills and Training to raise stats. But the trick would be to not become an allmighty God-Warrior in the end, just a Dude who's good at Fighting. Like a Yamcha, Tien kinda guy. And you probably had to set it in the beginning of the Main Story, before all the aliens and Flying Peolpe and numerous Apocalypses.

Oh, maybe you could make it about the Past of Muten-Roshi or sumthin like that

An Elder Scrolls style Witcher game.

Make your own Witcher. Roam the world. Take on monster contracts. Stray from the path, get involved with politics, become an Assassin, join the Scoia'tael etc. Would be fucking awesome.

i would like a grand strategy game ala paradox interactive. an EU3 style world map from ancinet rome to around 1915 mixed with total war battles

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked