Fallout/Elder Scrolls Misc. Item That Completes Your Character

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I've been playing Fallout 3 for awhile now and my character never picks up miscellaneous crap because the value to weight ratio isn't good enough, but today I came across a harmonica. Not even out in the wastes, at a shop in Rivet City. I paid good caps (granted not many) for an item that, as far as I know, is completely worthless. I have long desired to learn to play the harmonica and when I found one in the game I had to have it, useless weight and cost be dammed. It sucks me in just that tiny bit more and I'm loving it.

Have any of you come across such items in other Bethesda games? What completes your character or makes the world just that tiny bit more real to you?

I have this marvellous straw wide-brim hat that I found in a house somewhere in Fallout 3. I fell in love with it and now I wear it everywhere, and it has become a large part of my character.
It doesn't have the best stats, but I wear it anyway, simply because I like it.

That's one thing I was disappointed with in Skyrim. There hasn't been anything I've found that's really made me go "I HAVE TO HAVE THIS", it's all about what has the best armour, damage, or whatever it does. I think it's partially because everything looks so darn good (in Fallout 3 there were some really hideous clothes), so I don't feel like I need to change clothes for different occasions (something I'd do all the time in Oblivion), because everything suits every occasion.

I refuse to upgrade to the higher-level mage robes in Skyrim because they don't have matching hoods.

Ever since I first started playing Skrim, my character has been carrying around a lucky horker tusk. I think I found it in some random barrel at the very beginning of the game. I refuse to sell the thing/put it away. I'm not sure why, I'm just attached to the stupid thing.

JaySus Swords Mod for Skyrim. Can't go anywhere without my baskethilt sword.

I don't wear a Helmet on my Argonian and on my Kahjiit I always wear an Adept hood.

I'm still wearing the tattered rags on my skyrim hero just because I'm playing him as a crazy old homeless man who goes around shiving people and taking their sweet rolls. If a person has a sweet roll in their house you bet he is going to break into their house at night, ransack the place, slit their throats, and take that sweet roll.

....And he just happens to be a Dragonborn....

Sgt. Teddy, who my Fallout New Vegas character takes around everywhere with them.

I always sell whatever I get and don't take anything just for sentimentality.

No matter what type of character I build, I always, always grab one of these, usually from the back room of the store near Boulder. There is just something about a lever-action shotgun that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I just wish it used 12 gauge instead of 20.

ED-E's been carrying around an acoustic guitar and a harmonica since Primm. Sadly there is no option to start a blues band.

My werewolf character in Skyrim carries a silver amulet with him, merely for the sake of pointing out "Look. I wear silver. I am not a werewolf, oh no, not me"

I have all my characters wear regular cloths in Skyrim, usually in town or something, in FO:3 and Vegas it's a Merc Veteran outfit. I don't know why, I just do.

In Fallout 3 it was the Sheriffs Duster, I just had to have it, and had to wear it for the entire game. So I always had to arrange the Sheriffs death every play-through so I could get it early on, donning that makes my character whole.

So.. Sorry Mr. Simms, but you will never survive more than an hour in any Fallout 3 game I am playing.

Rednog:
I'm still wearing the tattered rage on my skyrim hero just because I'm playing him as a crazy old homeless man who goes around shiving people and taking their sweet rolls. If a person has a sweet roll in their house you bet he is going to break into their house at night, ransack the place, slit their throats, and take that sweet roll.

Please do an in-character Let's Play. Please.

Durinbg the tutorial quest in New Vegas, I ran into a fridge with a burned corpse inside, supposedly what would have actually happened to Indiana Jones. Well, he was wearing a hat, so i nabbed it, not having anything better to wear at that point. Put it like this; by the end of the game, I was storming through the Legion ranks with a combination of powerfist and tri-laser rifle, wearing power armour and the hat. It looked truly bizarre.

I don't know why but my fallout 3 character always had a sword.
But even more awesome is my new vegas chainsaw, hock mask gal.

First time I ever played Fallout 3, when I got to Megaton, I decided to disarm the bomb for Lucas Simms, although not after exploring.

I went into the bar run by that Irish guy, and I saw Mr. Burke. I looked at his suit, then I looked at his hat, and once I put two-and-two together, I knew what must be done.

Much to my surprise though, everyone simply said "Good Riddance" when he stood up and stepped on that landmine.

I just have to have a cowboy hat in Fallout. Just tops off the whole "Wasteland" sort of thing to me

For some reason in Fallout 3 I always carried around Mr. Tenpenny's clothes after I killed him. I never wear them but I just keep them around for their velvety goodness I guess.

I always carry around a lute in Skyrim.

Da Orky Man:
Durinbg the tutorial quest in New Vegas, I ran into a fridge with a burned corpse inside, supposedly what would have actually happened to Indiana Jones. Well, he was wearing a hat, so i nabbed it, not having anything better to wear at that point. Put it like this; by the end of the game, I was storming through the Legion ranks with a combination of powerfist and tri-laser rifle, wearing power armour and the hat. It looked truly bizarre.

The suave gambler hat? I love that thing.

Before I even leave Goodsprings, I repair a .357 Revolver to its max condition. Then using an ammunition overhaul mod, I convert all the ammo into explosive ammunition. It puts its damage somewhere in the 50s range and -12 DT.

Fallout 3 I never wore anything higher in regards to armor than Merc clothes and the one hunting rifle I found near the beginning of the game.

Oh, sure, I repaired it when it needed to be repaired, but it being my first playthrough I didn't know just how common the .32 ammo was.

Morrowind I made it a habit of wearing clothing because Agents didn't really need armor.

And then I found out how to enchant 'Bound Armor' to clothing, so by the time I was level 10 I had nearly a full set of Daedric armor with a total weight of like, 20.

New Vegas was completely different though, near the beginning you can get a single shotgun fairly quickly, and at higher levels it is perfect for getting rid of anything lower than Super Mutants.

added in with a .357 revolver, cowboy hat, trail carbine, and a pack of cigarettes that I took everywhere, I was the alternate futures version of the man with no name.

In Skyrim however....... There isn't much I can do, items get outgrown so fast there really is no point in keeping something as part of your character.

I'm also quite fond of the Scoped .44 Magnum. I rarely use it because I do carry more powerful weapons but I love walking around with that thing. I have to pick it up whenever I see it in the wastes or in a shop to keep my own in good condition and I compulsively buy ever .44 round I lay eyes on.

Fallout 3 - a Gatling Laser, Heavy Incinerator and a suit of Enclave Power Armor. The Enclave are trying to take over the Wasteland... might as well fight them with their own toys.

Fallout: New Vegas - A birthday hat, Love and Hate, 50 every drug in game, several empty beer/whiskey bottles and a suit of Sexy Slumber wear. When he equips the Hat and the Slumber Wear, it's time to scatter some bottles around, pop every drug and start the biggest party this side of the Wasteland. When things start getting out of hand... well, that's what Love and Hate are for.

EDIT: Also, for 3 and New Vegas - I always have a Deathclaw Gauntlet on me. My character can have 20 points in unarmed (75 in New Vegas to get it) but I will have the gauntlet on me. Besides being the 2nd most amazing weapon in game (Heavy Incinerator is still the best) I like to think it shows that my character is a true warrior of the Wastes, wielding the claw of the most dangerous creature alive as his own weapon.

EDIT SKYRIM: A suit of Steel Armor, always with a Steel Horned Helmet. Sure, I might replace some parts of it every now and then, but the Helmet always stays upon my head - partly because It looks cool, and partly because it's the first thing my Dragonborn ever crafts when he gets into the game.

I collected paint brushes in Oblivion although that was in part to get to places. Oh and Skooma is always a must have.

DustyDrB:

Rednog:
I'm still wearing the tattered rage on my skyrim hero just because I'm playing him as a crazy old homeless man who goes around shiving people and taking their sweet rolls. If a person has a sweet roll in their house you bet he is going to break into their house at night, ransack the place, slit their throats, and take that sweet roll.

Please do an in-character Let's Play. Please.

I never watch lets plays and I'd watch that.

In Skyrim i always kept the emperor's robes with me even tho they are completely useless, i just like them for the swag.
I always keep trophies in a chest every game, like the armor or a weapon you get in the end of a questline or unique item, no matter how much money i'd get from selling them i dont.

Fallout 3
------------
Issue 14 of the Grognak The Barbarian comic given to you by Amata for your birthday. It is the symbol of my transition from boy to man and a reminder of a love forever lost. Sometimes I even regret beating her father to death with my bare hands, stripping him down, and posing him in homoerotic positions with his guards. -Eyes Tear Up- FOREVER ALONE!

In Skyrim my Argonian named "Prisoner" always carries around a goblet and a plate. I like to think its because he never knows when he'll need to eat or drink and he doesn't like the idea of eating off the ground.

In Fallout: New Vegas I decided that my character needed glasses, and that no matter what weight limits/alternative items I found I would always keep a pair on. Not exactly "miscellaneous" since they included the "four eyes" perk, and the glasses have some effects of their own, but I thought it gave my character a little more personality. I also always wore a cowboy hat, even when I had helmets that would have provided better protection. Just liked the way it looked.

In classic fallout, it is and shall always be the Pancor Jackhammer. In more recent fallout titles, I'd say it's A Light Shining in the Darkness - the only thing that makes Lonesome Hearts worth playing.

Skyrim it was probably Chillrend. The enchantment is fine I suppose but where it really shines is in base capacity do do damage. It is simply the most devestating 1 handed sword in the game. Assuming of course you complete the associated quest at level 46 or higher. Previous elder scrolls had no such weapon for me. Daedric seems logical enough as far as such choices go.

The dull thuds of steel ripping into flesh scared off what birds remained in the tree tops.
A direct hit to the massive beasts' forearm, yet it didn't flinch at all. Before the woman inflicting the wound was in a proper fighting stance again, the wound started healing.
"damned trolls." the Nordic woman thought to herself. She made her way back into that fight that had shifted several meters away from her.
The beast had ambushed the two nords. Randoak and his housecarl Lydia had made the error of passing the Frost trolls lair, causing it to attack.
It's two fists clutched together came crashing down on the steel shield of Randoak, the blow staggered him back, but it cleared an opening for Lydia to step in and bury her blade into it's abdomen. A direct hit! But the strong muscles of the beast made it hard to pull the sword out on time, and the few extra seconds she needed to pull the blade clean, were a few seconds she couldn't afford. Too late she let go of the hilt to step away, instead she felt the rough claws of it's paws ripping through her throat. She felt the stuffing of her armour rapidly going warm with blood as her vision grew dark.
"Damnable Beast!" Randoak shouted as he used his shield to cover the body of his friend. it only took a few more swings with his sword to bring the mortally wounded creature down.
He looked down at the corpse of his fallen housecarl. Now he was sworn to carry this burden. He dug a nearby hole in the deep snow using his shield, and placed her body in it.
Back home, he enchanted her sword with a fire enchant and used the soul of the Frost Troll to fuel it.

Lydia's Scorn would never leave his side again,

My Fallout characters rarely wear armor (except for my close-combat girl), and they never wear helmets, despite Project Nevada making unarmored headshots absolutely devastating. They also all have some defining bit to their appearance, whether it be

I usually pick a character to play in Fallout games, and my last run in New Vegas I was playing as Revolver Ocelot. So I went around with every different revolver I could find. Before that, I was playing the Wasteland Priest simply named "Father" and I carried around the copy of the "scripture" you get from Joshua Grahm while cleansing the Mojave of the godless.

In Bethesda i always find it beneficial to just choose perks to define a character rather than actually making yourself powerful. I mean if your character really is that shitty, lower the difficulty and you'll find you're having a hell of a lot more fun.

Fallout - I will always be a cannibal and often pick up the Mr.Sandman perk, this allows me to kill people in their sleep and then eat them.
I also never wear the best armour available and only carry a primary, secondary and melee weapon with me along with a pair of binoculars.
EDIT: Oh and in fallout i always start with the longest and messiest hair style and then get it cut at the first opportunity to the style that i actually want it.

Skyrim - Much harder to find 'clothes' as such in this game everything decent is armour and there are much more distinguished tiers than in fallout.
I never wear a helm, always a hood.
I try to eat and drink often.
Always collect soul gem fragments.

Think that is it.

Fallout New Vegas: Harmonica and a pack of cigarettes. Because my post-apocalyptic cowboy is not complete without those.
In Oblivion: I never wear armor, on my torso, only a brown/white tunic and blacksmith pants.
In Skyrim, I carried a Hagraven claw with me (fro the first one I killed)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked