Worst vehicles in gaming

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

In most games there is a drivable vehicle of some sort, but some of them are just terrible for many reasons, but let me ask, what do you think are some of the worst vehicles n gaming?

I hated this PoS.

Re: Mako

*sigh* No one appreciates the work involved in that thing.

Mako? Oh hell no, it's a wonderful piece of machinery and you should feel bad for bad mouthing it! D:

Seriously, I liked the Mako. And even though they had the Hammer in ME2, it just didn't feel the same. ;~;

And I'll go with the floating-boat-whatchumacallit section in Half Life 2. Though it gets really fun in Episode 2. ^-^

ThriKreen:

Agreed. I thought the Mako was incredibly fun, I drove it around bouncing off cliffs, driving up the most ridiculous mountains and it still made it across most objects and it was just plain.. fun.

mParadox:

Seriously, I liked the Mako. And even though they had the Hammer in ME2, it just didn't feel the same. ;~;

I like it too!!
I don't understand all the bashing! I always thought it was... fun to control.

endtherapture:

I hated this PoS.

mParadox:
Mako? Oh hell no, it's a wonderful piece of machinery and you should feel bad for bad mouthing it! D:

And I'll go with the floating-boat-whatchumacallit section in Half Life 2. Though it gets really fun in Episode 2. ^-^

I found the boat to be a bit better than the shitty buggy during the coastal mission. I can't count how many times I hit a pebble with one wheel and went flying off of a cliff.

And the Mako was awesome, it just handled like a drunk Rhino. And at least it wasn't made of tissue paper like the Hammerhead.

world of tanks.. the amx 40.. painfully slow with a gun that cant hurt anything, on the up side most people mistake it for a duck

I never had a problem with the Mako itself. Sure, driving it sucked seven kinds of arse, but that was because the levels were boring and empty. "Oh look, more blank grey mountains!"

I loved the Mako. Driving up mountains and then jumping off never got old.

endtherapture:

I hated this PoS.

This fucking thing on the other hand...

Most games I have don't use vehicles, and when they do, I like them.

Well.... There was that time I tried to build a cart in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts without having the proper wheels. Yes, my vehicle was so bad, IT COULDN'T MOVE!

The Mako was alright. I rather missed it in the second game - not so much for the random exploration of planet pallette swap as for the change of pace in the story sequences where it was used.

Now the VTOL in Crysis, on the other hand, handled abominably. Worse yet, it was the only vehicle sequence in the game that you couldn't just avoid. As a rule given any time I was told to drive something in that game I'd get out and walk as soon as possible. It says a lot about those vehicles that I felt safer on foot than I did in a tank.

The MAKO was awesome compared to this pure excuse of a tank:
I swear that thing was made out of plastic and cardboard.

Wait, the Mongoose in Halo? You didn't like that thing? I thought it was fun as hell. Rocket Race was excellent.

I agree with the general sentiment here, that the Mako was fun and that boat thing in Half Life 2 was awful.

I'll add that any and all vehicles in LA Noire were nearly undriveable.

I hate the Hellbender from Unreal Tournament 3. It's slow, has terrible weapons, is too big to fit through small gaps and only lightly armoured.
I really don't understand all the hate for the Mako. I mean it bounced about like it was on a pogo stick, but it could take a pounding and deliver one too. It could also climb vertical cliffs and fall from the top of them. I suppose the only thing I didn't like about it was when you and your squad got out; there didn't seem to be any door, you just appeared next to it.

Sixcess:

Now the VTOL in Crysis, on the other hand, handled abominably.

That thing was fucking atrocious. I seem to remember the mouse being artificially slowed down to such a degree that I'd be dragging it across my desk and barely even turning. It was a shame, actually, because the whole "AAAHHHHHHHHHH! RUNNNNNNNNNN!" feel to that mission and the couple of ones around it was great.

I've never really seen the issue with the HL2 vehicle sections. They go on too long, but I've never had an issue with the vehicles themselves.

endtherapture:

I hated this PoS.

Through oddly bad luck, I've never actually finished HL2, due to formatting, reinstalls and losing savegames. The third time was the last try. Simply because of this scene.

Actually the boat handles just fine. It's just such a frustrating vehicle scene.

The Mako handled like a drunk rhino... with a concussion (see, I added something to it, so its not an exact copying.)

I prefered the Hammerhead because I could actually straiff in that thing. Shame it could take maybe two hits before impolsion...

You know, is it had to combine the best aspects of the Mako and the Hammerhead to make something that doesnt suck to drive, and can take a hit?

this seems relevant

Some of the cars in SR2 were atrocious, I'm sure there are others from games I didnt play a few minutes ago but I cant think.

Helicopters (Battlefield series).

They are slow enough to take care of AA and to be hit by jets. Sometimes it's preferable to ram your jet into one than trying to use your guns in it. Missiles? Forget it. The helicopter recharges the flares too fast.

I don't hate piloting them, I hate having to fight them.

Sixcess:

I have the be the only human to have found that VTOL sequence easy.

Aussie502:

ThriKreen:

Agreed. I thought the Mako was incredibly fun, I drove it around bouncing off cliffs, driving up the most ridiculous mountains and it still made it across most objects and it was just plain.. fun.

I feel like the common conception is that the Mako sucked and yet, I haven't met anyone who didn't enjoy it.

The Mako was actually pretty good, I thought, it could climb up an 80 degree incline, so pretty decent for accessibility. The weapons sucked, it was slow, and it weighed about 10 kilos, but it could climb Everest.

Some of the worst vehicles of all time were in Saints Row 2, they handle like boxes that magically accelerate from 0-100 in 2 seconds, and brake in half that.

GTA: IV.
You don't as much drive those cars as you do drift around on a ice rink road before crashing into everything. XD

ElPatron:

They are slow enough to take care of AA and to be hit by jets. Sometimes it's preferable to ram your jet into one than trying to use your guns in it. Missiles? Forget it. The helicopter recharges the flares too fast.

Sixcess:

The choppers in BF2 where far better and far harder to kill. So yeah they had to balance that one out.

Did have little problem with VTOL but after figuring out that not driving over the Tornado it worked just fine.

Have to say GTA4, hardly any break power in any of the vehicle and you would slide across the street.

The Mako was FUCKING AWESOME. Shortest path from Point A to Point B? Straight line, even if there are mountains in the way.

the crappy mule thing in read dead multiplayer.the horse was bad enough but this thing was just taking the piss.

The Mongoose is an excelent vehicle. Sure everything you said about it's attributes was right but you left out the fact that nobody can hit you if you drive it the right way. It is an awesome flag grab vehicle and can out menuver almost anything in the game. I have taken down scorpion tanks with that little vehicle (and a buddy) simply because the tank couldn't get a good hit in on me, we didn't even have a power weapon like rockets or splazer, we had assault rifles and grenades. The wraith kill count I have with it is astronomical.

My worst vehicle ever is... I really haven't met a vehicle I haven't liked. I love driving in games and tend to adjust pretty well to the controls and attributes of each. I particularly love taking down heavy vehicles with extremely light vehicles just to hear people rage.

Zukabazuka:

ElPatron:

Sixcess:

The choppers in BF2 where far better and far harder to kill. So yeah they had to balance that one out.

Did have little problem with VTOL but after figuring out that not driving over the Tornado it worked just fine.

Have to say GTA4, hardly any break power in any of the vehicle and you would slide across the street.

I fondly remember using an LMG (and nothing else!) to kill a chopper in the Vietnam expansion to BC2. My friend beat that though, by bringing one down with a pistol.

Those things were made out of paper.

The Mako and that damn hovercraft thing from Mass Effect 2.

ElPatron:

Well, an average player in a helicopter isn't so bad, but a good player is just unstoppable, especially as they can go back to the base and regenerate all the heli health.

I once took down a helicopter with the medic's light machine gun. He came straight at me firing rockets and I held my ground and unloaded into the cockpit. shot the pilot before he managed to hit me. That was awesome. EDIT: Oh no, my badass story has been ninja'd by another player. Now I don't feel as special :(

The Battlefield planes on the other hand you don't have a hope of piloting without a joystick, as turning 90 degrees with a mouse involves about 10 full frantic drags of the mouse, and by that time your turning circle is equal to the circumfrance of the earth, and you crash into a building.

Hero in a half shell:
I once took down a helicopter with the medic's light machine gun. He came straight at me firing rockets and I held my ground and unloaded into the cockpit. shot the pilot before he managed to hit me. That was awesome.

From the ground I used the M95. It was the easiest way to take them out in Wake Island because there would be always Blackhawks hovering near flags.

The tuk-tuk in just cause 2. The thing barely has enough horsepower to go up a 27 degree hill, and it's really slow. Unfortunately, it's also one of the most common vehicles. Fortunately, I have the grappling hook and parachute.

OhJohnNo:

Zukabazuka:

ElPatron:

I fondly remember using an LMG (and nothing else!) to kill a chopper in the Vietnam expansion to BC2. My friend beat that though, by bringing one down with a pistol.

Those things were made out of paper.

Until you face one with an engineer and then it will never go down unless you have some AA but on rush there never where on defenders team.

The AA in BF2 was made out of paper what I felt.

ThriKreen:

I, for one, loved the Mako and all the bouncing, crag-hopping shenanigans it enabled.

There's something very special about putting the fate of the galaxy on hiatus just so you can aimlessly tear around on some random planet like an asshole, not giving a shit about your the impact your joyride may be having.

The Mako's conspicious absence is one of the reasons my Shepard's story ended with the defeat of Saren.

In a similar vein, I was quite disappointed about the lack of hydraulics in Saints Row: The Third.

I used to have quite a bit of fun in Saints Row 2, 'indoor off-roading' in a customised Knoxville or Halberd with tiny wheels and jacked-up suspension.
Almost every interior with a set of double doors offered a different off-roading challenge, although I particularly enjoyed simply running over Pimps in the upstairs room of Club Koi, as "road rage is hardcore gangsta!".

It's a shame there wasn't more time and hydraulics are, at the end of the day, a rather useless and non-essential feature, but at least I can drive a Toad into the elevator and tear around the Penthouse.

Mako, although handled like I was driving it around a bouncy castle, was loads of fun, never undesrstood why people hate it so much.

Most Halo vehicles were crap especially the banshee. Some of the cars in FlatOut 2 and 3 if your speed was above 20 or 30 kmph it was just plain impossible to go around corners. The worst fucking vehicels I've ever seen were in Crysis, tanks were kinda OK though, slow and way too weak for tanks but OK, but cars hit a wall a few times they explode a hand full of bullets they explode, hit a tree or two they explode and worst of the worst was the bloody fucking gunship thing half of my saves in that game were made during that 10-15 minute ride, and the game expected me to enter a fight and seve some ground units and kill some flying alien thingis it was fucking awful.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked